AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Darker Than Black

Notices

View Poll Results: Darker Than Black - Episode 07 Rating
Perfect 10 14 16.67%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 27 32.14%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 19 22.62%
7 out of 10 : Good 12 14.29%
6 out of 10 : Average 9 10.71%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.19%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.19%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 1.19%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 84. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-11-21, 05:44   Link #41
blewin

I really like the interaction between the characters here. It's IMO, a pivotal point in reinforcing the theme once again that contractors and dolls ARE humans. The car chase hammers that point home by having those three work together and care for each other.

July's great!

Chrome Shelled Regios
Old 2009-11-21, 06:30   Link #42
xKeen

I liked the part Suou threw those shards,but it was horrible for that pretty woman to die just after an episode,I wonder what dream she had (: .July + Suou moments are adorable as hell! I still need more action from this series,its not going to be 20+ eps?

Credits to Pellissier~
Old 2009-11-21, 08:29   Link #43
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miles Teg
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackRydden224 View Post
Hei doesn't seems to affected must without his powers, he can still kill contractors left and right. I suppose taking away his powers is a way to keep him from killing every body he runs into =)
He was killing contractor left and right before having his power (when he was protecting his sisters)
Just to add on what Miles Teg said, Hei received his colorful title, kuro no shinigami prior to borrowing his abilities from his sister. He was already well known among certain quarters for his ability to kill. His sister was the one that had the designation, BK201. After that incident which created the Hell's Gate in Central America, his sister disappears and Hei somehow absorbs her particular powers which is to change the make up of any object (human body, particle accelerator, etc.) at a molecular level when anyone receives that electric jolt. That brings me to another point.

Amber was the one that observed Hei's sister apparently was still within him. Whether it was semantics or not, we do know that the machine used to take away Hei's power is very significant. The last time when the syndicate tried to eradicate every living contractors by blowing up the gate in Japan with that particle accelerator, it was Hei who emitted some sort of power to disrupt the accelerator. If such thing is tried again by the syndicate, the only one who could get in the way was Hei. However, Hei doesn't have his power anymore. So the question is....

Is there another attempt coming up in the near future to eradicate the contractors?

A very good poster pointed out to me that this season makes much more sense if S1 is revisited, especially the Amber arc from the point where they were blowing buildings and such before leading up to the conclusion.

As for this episode, I've enjoyed it the most out of this season thus far..
Old 2009-11-21, 09:12   Link #44
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
Is there another attempt coming up in the near future to eradicate the contractors?
Do international conspiracies have anything better to do with their time?

I kinda figured that was a given.
Old 2009-11-21, 09:32   Link #45
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Good episode, continues prior events nicely.
Old 2009-11-21, 11:41   Link #46
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaneDragon View Post
Do international conspiracies have anything better to do with their time?
lol... You've got that right. I was kind of slow on the take. I just started realizing the possibility after I was re watching season 1. There are still too many questions like the role Section 3 is playing, Madame Oreille and her twins, John Smith, and Yin who is the biggest puzzle. And in the midst of all Suou the loli whose role in it as mysterious as her devious twin Shion.

My appreciation for the 2nd season increased by large margin after I've picked up season 1 for a rewatch. The story is making much more sense.
Old 2009-11-21, 12:07   Link #47
Full Metal Coast
-Gantzer-

Location: Perth, Western Australia - Down Where The City Meets The Sea
not my favorite episode this season but it was ok,

still even though Hei has lost his powers he still shouldnt be taken lightly. also after seeing this episode i am so convinced that for Hei to get his powers back it has something to do with the meteor fragment necklace.

also im getting a bit worried that this is going to be wrapped up really quickly/badly or there will be a part 2 release because i just cant see them doing this properly in a 12 episode season.
Old 2009-11-21, 14:08   Link #48
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

Interesting episode with few plot advancements. The father is still alive and Shion is up to something....

More conspiracies. Wait...did the Section 3's head called Shion as "Izanami", isn't Izanami = Yin?

I like the Suou throwing glass shards scene. Very brutal...And finally, Hei gets to kill somebody after few episode of getting his ass kicked

Hopefully there will be more answers in the next episode. There's too many questions and too many conspiracies
Old 2009-11-21, 15:22   Link #49
Hobbit
. . .

At 06:25 the old guy ask if the info about Izanagi's father been already in tokyo is true. So Izanagi can be Shion or Suou. And they might think that Suou is Shion, so we have again the possibility that Shion is Izanagi.

Regarding Pólux, he was immortal, but not a god. His twin was Castor, who was a mortal. They are siblings from Helen (from Troy) and Clitmnestra. Then we have Pólux (who was immortal) and Helen, who are sons of Zeus and Clitmnestra and Castor, who are sons of a mortal man.
Due to his immortality, Pólux was always absent minded, and during a combat his lack of attention cost his twin life. Because Zeus loved too much the twyns, Hades agree that Pólux trade shifts with Castor in the underworld, and by this way Castor come back to life. But it was a incomplete existence due to the fact that their relationship was too close. Feeling sorrow for that, the gods turned them into stars and cast them in the sky.
Old 2009-11-21, 16:01   Link #50
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

moral of the ep, don't mess with July or he will call up friends to kill you
Old 2009-11-21, 19:34   Link #51
hei

Quote:
My impression so far says the answer is "no". I think the entire story about the syndicate and contractors would have settled in the ODA series and S2's theme is something new. In S2, all the contractors are fodders. Hamburger guy, Magician, Water woman, Psycho guy, ... They are just easy come, easy go. And Hei lost his contractor's ability, too. For me, it looks like saying that “we are not talking about contractors anymore!” Instead, dolls come into spotlight of S2: Yin, July, and probably Suou.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick_rick View Post
They kept the fetish fanservice down to the minimum, only had to deal with a naked Shota, and had very good characterization of all characters.
In my opinion, revealing July’s naked body is kind of apparatus to make viewers more sympathetic to Suou’s violence rather than a fan-service. If there is a fan-service in this episode, it might be the scene that Mao is hanging around Suou’s skirts, even if it’s nothing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kk2extreme View Post
moral of the ep, don't mess with July or he will call up friends to kill you
For me, it’s “No mercy for pedo!”
Old 2009-11-21, 19:42   Link #52
Lostdreams

Quote:
Just to add on what Miles Teg said, Hei received his colorful title, kuro no shinigami prior to borrowing his abilities from his sister. He was already well known among certain quarters for his ability to kill. His sister was the one that had the designation, BK201. After that incident which created the Hell's Gate in Central America, his sister disappears and Hei somehow absorbs her particular powers which is to change the make up of any object (human body, particle accelerator, etc.) at a molecular level when anyone receives that electric jolt. That brings me to another point.

Amber was the one that observed Hei's sister apparently was still within him. Whether it was semantics or not, we do know that the machine used to take away Hei's power is very significant. The last time when the syndicate tried to eradicate every living contractors by blowing up the gate in Japan with that particle accelerator, it was Hei who emitted some sort of power to disrupt the accelerator. If such thing is tried again by the syndicate, the only one who could get in the way was Hei. However, Hei doesn't have his power anymore. So the question is....

A very good poster pointed out to me that this season makes much more sense if S1 is revisited, especially the Amber arc from the point where they were blowing buildings and such before leading up to the conclusion.

As for this episode, I've enjoyed it the most out of this season thus far..
Amber!!!
My fav char in this show. Too bad she's gone.

Anyways, commenting on the new ep, I guess they're going back to the theme that contractors have human feelings too.
Old 2009-11-21, 20:34   Link #53
Yuutsu

Yup, I'm starting to like where the plot is going. I can't say I've been entirely pleased with the development of the last 6 episodes, although I did enjoy them immensely. I echo popular sentiments when I say that I wish that Hei will eventually receive his powers back and go all GAR again.

The instances with July were especially entertaining. I laughed when he tried to stifle his shock at the freezing water going down his back. Ah, good ol' DtB. It's what I wait for every week. : )
Old 2009-11-21, 22:48   Link #54
JackRydden224
Knight of Twelve's Knight

Just watched the episode again and I thought of 3 things

-Suou like how Hei called her name but she has yet to use his name in the series

-Suou still thinks that Hei killed her father since there has been no explanation on their side otherwise

-Seem like the whole meteor fragment ordeal is forgotten from the time being since it hasn't been an issue since episode....3?
Old 2009-11-21, 23:37   Link #55
Shibataea

Quote:
Originally Posted by hei View Post
In my opinion, revealing July’s naked body is kind of apparatus to make viewers more sympathetic to Suou’s violence rather than a fan-service. If there is a fan-service in this episode, it might be the scene that Mao is hanging around Suou’s skirts, even if it’s nothing.
Well, it was fanservice to some people. ...Like me.
Old 2009-11-21, 23:50   Link #56
Narutaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shibataea View Post
Well, it was fanservice to some people. ...Like me.
there's a reason why shota dolls are expensive
Old 2009-11-21, 23:53   Link #57
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

I'll also go against the grain and say that was an above-average episode. The most interesting element of this mythology for me is the question of the degree of humanity (or lack thereof) among the contractors and dolls, and we saw quite a bit of development in that area. For all the so-called rules about the emotional limitations of both classes, the obvious evidence is that they're flexible at best. Plus, July is fast emerging as the funniest character on the show so any ep that features him heavily can't be bad.

"Ow."
Old 2009-11-22, 07:13   Link #58
Hobbit
. . .

I remember something that mut be really important. At 06:56, the old geezer said that they need act while the moon is still gone.
So, we have the time when the moon will return approaching and a doll acting by it's own.
Old 2009-11-22, 07:39   Link #59
turbore

That glass throwing part doesn't sit well with me. I guess there's something inside me that is against killing off panicking defenseless characters - thats how that woman looked when she got cut with first piece of glass.
Old 2009-11-22, 07:49   Link #60
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobbit View Post
I remember something that mut be really important. At 06:56, the old geezer said that they need act while the moon is still gone.
So, we have the time when the moon will return approaching and a doll acting by it's own.
I remember that the moon supposed to disappear along with the real stars when the gate appeared...him saying all that stuffs might gives us some clue about the disappearance, IMO ;(

btw, why is it connected with the doll ? o.o

Closed Thread