AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2006-12-17, 23:50   Link #1
Luminion Lancer
Time-diver

Lightbulb [Manga] Solving the problem

-Ok after Yugito had her Bijuu extracted I realised that 6 out of the 9 possible "Bijuu containers" are now gone. That's right, that means that 66.666667% of these creatures now belong to the Akatsuki. Although I have little hope for the other 2 Jinchuuriki's survival I would like that at least our main Jinchuuriki, Naruto, to survive. However there's a small problem whent it comes to ensuring the little guy's survival. In all honesty there's very little that he can do to prevent his demise from the Bijuu extraction by the Akatsuki. Not to mention the Bijuu itself is a problem considering it's influence over Naruto lately and while I myself find little fault in Naruto using the Kyuubi's power there are those that view it as an ill omen. What I want to discuss is solutions to both these problems. Solving 1 problem will not do because if you focus on just one then the other problem becomes even bigger. Here's the one's I have thought of or have seen evident in the manga.

Possible solutions

-Strenghtening/repairing the weakened seal: this would be a good idea except strenghtening the seal means most likely that Naruto's chakra control would go haywire which would come back to haunt him against Akatsuki members. Repairing Yondaime's seal is a good idea but I don't think anyone knows how to repair a seal that has been damaged, at least not one that was made without any instruction on how it's supposed to be handled.

-Keeping the Kyuubi at bay: as we have seen this proves effective but not perfect. It seems that no matter how carefully Yamato represses the Kyuubi it is still able to come out at an alarmingly fast rate. Besides repression requires concertration which is not possible in the heat of battle against an Akatsuki member.

-More bodyguards for Naruto and limiting his activities: a horrible idea that's doomed to fail immedietly. Naruto isn't the kind of person that is easily persuaded to sit still and look on as his friends get butchered. Besides it doesn't matter how many guards he has it will do him squat when it comes to Akatsuki. After all, if guys like Kakashi, Shikamaru, Asuma and so on cannot deal with them relatively easy then all the guards will be useless. They would only be targets, for both the Akatsuki and Naruto should he lose his mind once more.

-Naruto growing strong enough not to rely on the Kyuubi: again a good idea but not one that produces immediate results. As it stands I do not think that Naruto can hold his own against Akatsuki members (even with his new jutsu). With years of training I believe that Naruto could do this but he doesn't have years. He in fact has a mere 6 months to become stronger than an Akatsuki level opponent (Orochimaru) without Kyuubi's aid, something which I find quite impossible to achieve, even if it is our favorite "Loudmouth Ninja".

-A Chakra Infusion (my own idea): this is something I came up with while reading Bleach. Essentially this works in 3 steps:

Step 1: Dissolve and remove the seal that confines the Kyuubi no Yoko, effectivelly allowing it to roam wthin Naruto's mind.

Step 2: Confinine Naruto's physical body within some sort of prison. Anything will do as long as it can withstand the power of a now possesed Kyuubi Naruto's power.

Step 3: Artificially and forcefully merge the remainder of the Kyuubi's power with that of Naruto's, thus in turn creting a much stronger chakra capacity and physical body. However it will be up to Naruto to force the Kyuubi's mind (or spirit whichever you want to call it) into submission. As one of the Vizards said in Bleach : "Crush it and force it deep into the bowels into your soul".

However this is a very risky maneuvre and leaves a lot the important outcomes to chance. If it doesn't work then Naruto will forever be lost. But if it does then a MUCH stronger Naruto would be born, one that is immune to the Bijuu extraction.

-Keep in mind there may be more solutions than this. Please feel free to add your own opinion or solution here.
Old 2006-12-18, 00:52   Link #2
DAmer
Hokage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fukitsu Naruto View Post

-Naruto growing strong enough not to rely on the Kyuubi: again a good idea but not one that produces immediate results. As it stands I do not think that Naruto can hold his own against Akatsuki members (even with his new jutsu). With years of training I believe that Naruto could do this but he doesn't have years. He in fact has a mere 6 months to become stronger than an Akatsuki level opponent (Orochimaru) without Kyuubi's aid, something which I find quite impossible to achieve, even if it is our favorite "Loudmouth Ninja".
I think this is the best solution out of all the other ones, because the whole point of this story is for naruto to become the hokage and so he has to get stronger than everyone else so that he can take charge. Only problem with this solution you described is that it would take years worth of training for naruto to hold of the kage lvl akatsuki's, but you forget naruto is capable of carrying out this training with only the limited 6 months time with the help of his kage bunshin.

Another solution I would like to add is that if naruto manages to get stronger than the kyubii itself then he can maybe supress the kyubii by himself, since i belive the only reason kyubii is able to take over naruto is because naruto is weaker than the nine tails. If this is possible then there wont be any need for other solutions of yours.
DAmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-18, 02:45   Link #3
Suna no tate
Akatsuki Bart is Tobi

I actually don't even understand what the initial problem was. You'll have to explain again or something

As for the loosening of the seal, so what? It just allows more chakra to flow out. Over time he'll be able to control more and more without it driving him nuts. Look at yugito and gaara.
Suna no tate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-18, 09:39   Link #4
Luminion Lancer
Time-diver

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAmer View Post
I think this is the best solution out of all the other ones, because the whole point of this story is for naruto to become the hokage and so he has to get stronger than everyone else so that he can take charge. Only problem with this solution you described is that it would take years worth of training for naruto to hold of the kage lvl akatsuki's, but you forget naruto is capable of carrying out this training with only the limited 6 months time with the help of his kage bunshin.

Another solution I would like to add is that if naruto manages to get stronger than the kyubii itself then he can maybe supress the kyubii by himself, since i belive the only reason kyubii is able to take over naruto is because naruto is weaker than the nine tails. If this is possible then there wont be any need for other solutions of yours.
-Again it is a good idea but things like that require time. I am fully aware of what Naruto's current training method provides and I still stand by what I said before. So far the only benefit that the method has provided is creating 1 single jutsu. That's all well and fine but it will help him little when it comes to dealing with immortals or people that are just plain stronger than him. The aspects that I believe that Naruto should strenghten are: chakra capacity (which will happen in due time as the Kyuubi's chakra merges even more), physical strenght and endurance, speed (VERY important) and intelligence (more specifically, combat tactics). Notice that all of these aspects cannot be improved upon by the current training method. It's not like Naruto can make 1000 clones and order them to do 100 push-ups each and then gain all the experience in an instant. Hence why I said he needs years but all he's got is months (might be even less if the Akatsuki actually succeed in capturing him).

-Again nice idea but how is he going to make the Kyuubi listen to him? Even if he is stronger than such a being Kyuubi is too proud of it's power to take orders from Naruto.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suna no tate View Post
I actually don't even understand what the initial problem was. You'll have to explain again or something

As for the loosening of the seal, so what? It just allows more chakra to flow out. Over time he'll be able to control more and more without it driving him nuts. Look at yugito and gaara.
-The problem here is this: how do you make Naruto strong enough to go head-to-head with the Akatsuki (as in eliminating the risk of death by the Bijuu extraction process) without getting the Kyuubi to save his sorry arse in 6 months? Restraining the Kyuubi hampers his power GREATLY, so focusing on just keeping it under control is a no go. Does that help?

-Yes time which he may not have. The Akatsuki are not going to allow for another 2.5 year gap. At best Naruto has a mere 6 months in order to get stronger than them all (Orochimaru, Itachi, Akatsuki Leader, etc.) and his current training method allows him to learn jutsu quickly but not much else. While I wouldn't mind seeing Naruto re-create the Kyuubi's image that would be a bad because it deteriorates the seal even further.
Old 2006-12-18, 10:16   Link #5
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Quote:
Possible solutions
Keeping the Kyuubi at bay: as we have seen this proves effective but not perfect. It seems that no matter how carefully Yamato represses the Kyuubi it is still able to come out at an alarmingly fast rate. Besides repression requires concertration which is not possible in the heat of battle against an Akatsuki member.
The repression of the Kyubi works just fine, what requires concentration from Yamato is the control of the Kyubi's chakra. Then again Yamato can't babysit Naruto all his life.

Quote:
You forget one small detail : one week of Naruto's training is worth 20 years right now. If Naruto keeps training like that for the next 6 months he will have virtually trained during almost 500 years.
At this point if he couldn't hold his own he would be the sorriest excuse of an ninja ever.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-18, 10:45   Link #6
Luminion Lancer
Time-diver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
The repression of the Kyubi works just fine, what requires concentration from Yamato is the control of the Kyubi's chakra. Then again Yamato can't babysit Naruto all his life.

You forget one small detail : one week of Naruto's training is worth 20 years right now. If Naruto keeps training like that for the next 6 months he will have virtually trained during almost 500 years.
At this point if he couldn't hold his own he would be the sorriest excuse of an ninja ever.
-Oh I agree with this entirely. Yamato isn't going to be around forever and he has stated himself that he will not be able to keep Kyuubi at bay every time it's chakra pours out. But that presents another question: how do you prevent Naruto from going berserk against guys you know he has a grudge against?

-In terms of learning or creating jutsus: yes. In terms of strenghtening the body: I don't think so. I really cannot see any other use for this method other than for creation and learning new jutsus. Besides, is his new jutsu(s) really going to be all that revolutionary? I don't see it taking down Itachi at all yet, do you? I suppose the biggest question here is: will Naruto live long enough for us to find out.

Last edited by Luminion Lancer; 2006-12-18 at 11:30.
Luminion Lancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-18, 11:08   Link #7
Sasuke_Akatsuki
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Sasuke_Akatsuki
Quote:
-
Sadly he is the star of the show and they'll find some way to make him stronger...you make a good point Orochimaru held is own against 4-tails Naruto and it makes you wonder "how the hell could people say Naruto without Kyuubi's chakra could beat Itachi!!!" if i didn't love my hair i'd be pulling it all out! i hate people
Sasuke_Akatsuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-18, 11:15   Link #8
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

It seems that this thread was written with the assumption that Naruto will be fighting one-on-one with Akatsuki members in which case it's clear that he doesn't stand a chance. Almost no one in Konoha is capable of fighting alone against even a single Akatsuki member. But remember what's the most the important part of being a shinobi,? The point that has been repeated over and over since day one? That's right...teamwork. Unlike Bleach, (and many other shonen series) Naruto actually does emphasize team battles, not just the hero getting strong enough to kick everyone's ass by himself. This is even more true in part II. Nearly all the Akatsuki battles so far have been fought in teams with Konoha outnumbering Akatsuki in some cases by as much as 4 to 1. Even one teammate can make a world of difference, just look at Sakura being able defeat Sasori with Chiyo. If either of them had attempted to take Sasori alone they would've been done for. There will be some one-on-one battles for Naruto. He'll most definitely fight Sasuke alone, but most of the time he will have the support of allies, so he does not need to be strong enough to fight an Akatsuki member like Itachi by himself. This is also why he needs to resist or learn to better control the Kyuubi's chakra, because he becomes a danger to his team when he goes berserk and ultimately lowers the chance for victory.
Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-18, 11:28   Link #9
Luminion Lancer
Time-diver

-Sabaku Kyu

-You are correct I did write this thread under the assumption that Naruto would be fighting his opponents one-on-one (or better yet 1-against-2), but I do have a good reason for doing so. Teams are a double-edged sword for Naruto. While they do compensate for his lack of ability they also present more danger as well. Think about it: how easy do you think it is for an Akatsuki to get Naruto angry to the point of going berserk again? All it takes is one mistake on a teamate's part and they end up hostages in the hands of the Akatsuki. Here's the major difference between Konoha teams and an Akatsuki pair. Konoha teams are weak individually (with a few exceptions) but can compensate for that by working together. Akatsuki on the other hand are extremely powerful individuals who are virtually unstopeable as a pair (or "team"). So either Naruto should get stronger to take them down 1 or 2 at a time or he can go to the place where the old folks go after Florida.
Old 2006-12-18, 11:28   Link #10
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Quote:
-Oh I agree with this entirely. Yamato isn't going to be around forever and he has staed himself that he will not be able to keep Kyuubi at bay every time it's chakra pours out. But that presents another question: how do you prevent Naruto from going berserk against guys you know he has a grudge against?
I was thinking something like Valium might be a good idea

Quote:
-In terms of learning or creating jutsus: yes. In terms of strenghtening the body: I don't think so. I really cannot see any other use for this method other than for creation and learning new jutsus. Besides, is his new jutsu(s) really going to be all that revolutionary? I don't see it taking down Itachi at all yet, do you? I suppose the biggest question here is: will Naruto live long enough for us to find out.
What Naruto can't improve unnaturally with this trainning is already what he's the best at : raw power.
Being a chakra powerhouse already allows him to improve speed, strength, etc. what he needs is techniques to use this power properly.

And yeah I do think this new jutsu will be revolutionary. Not for any logical reason but simply because it's mandatory for the uber new jutsu of the main character.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-18, 11:34   Link #11
DAmer
Hokage

Tsunade thinks naruto's jutsu is going to make a difference as though she's counting on him to finish it as quickly as possible, that is why she gave him a time limit to complete the jutsu in a day so that she can somehow force him to finish the jutsu if he wants to help his friends.
DAmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-18, 11:36   Link #12
Luminion Lancer
Time-diver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter View Post

What Naruto can't improve unnaturally with this trainning is already what he's the best at : raw power.
Being a chakra powerhouse already allows him to improve speed, strength, etc. what he needs is techniques to use this power properly.

And yeah I do think this new jutsu will be revolutionary. Not for any logical reason but simply because it's mandatory for the uber new jutsu of the main character.
-LOL, nice idea. Valium, I wonder what they use it for in the Narutoverse.

-He obtains raw power only during Kyuubi mode other wise he lacks power on his own terms. His chakara capacity should still be improved upon because having twice as much as Kakashi isn't much at all. Speed and strenght should also get some attention. But I do agree that he needs more control and that should be the first thing that he improves from this point forward.

-Fair enough I'll take your word for it.
Old 2006-12-18, 12:03   Link #13
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Quote:
-Sabaku Kyu

-You are correct I did write this thread under the assumption that Naruto would be fighting his opponents one-on-one (or better yet 1-against-2), but I do have a good reason for doing so. Teams are a double-edged sword for Naruto. While they do compensate for his lack of ability they also present more danger as well. Think about it: how easy do you think it is for an Akatsuki to get Naruto angry to the point of going berserk again? All it takes is one mistake on a teamate's part and they end up hostages in the hands of the Akatsuki. Here's the major difference between Konoha teams and an Akatsuki pair. Konoha teams are weak individually (with a few exceptions) but can compensate for that by working together. Akatsuki on the other hand are extremely powerful individuals who are virtually unstopeable as a pair (or "team"). So either Naruto should get stronger to take them down 1 or 2 at a time or he can go to the place where the old folks go after Florida.
It's true that teams are a double-edged sword for Naruto, but it seems the solution to this problem would be to better resist or control the Kyuubi rather than become so strong that he can fight without a team. His battle against Orochimaru was the first time that Naruto realized that the Kyuubi's chakra is actually a danger to the people he cares about, so he'll probably be making a greater attempt at controlling himself during battle. When Naruto fights with a group he's pretty effective. Look at his last fight with the Itachi clone, Kakashi was able to set up Itachi for Naruto's attack and Naruto's attack was strong enough to take him out easily. Being able to fight with 2 Akatsuki members simultaneously seems way out of Naruto's league since even elites like Gai and Kakashi take teams to fight Akatsuki. Even Oro had Kabuto as a possible crutch against Sasori. The way I think we'll see Naruto improve is that he will start to control his rage during battles and resisting the Kyuubi's power(or get better at controlling it). By doing this, he'll start using jutsu more effectively and work better with his teams. Of course being the hero, he'll be the main driving force his team the way Shikamaru is for his squad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter
We already have Sasuke taking 'roids. We don't need Naruto taking depressants.
Old 2006-12-18, 13:37   Link #14
Luminion Lancer
Time-diver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabaku Kyu View Post
It's true that teams are a double-edged sword for Naruto, but it seems the solution to this problem would be to better resist or control the Kyuubi rather than become so strong that he can fight without a team. His battle against Orochimaru was the first time that Naruto realized that the Kyuubi's chakra is actually a danger to the people he cares about, so he'll probably be making a greater attempt at controlling himself during battle. When Naruto fights with a group he's pretty effective. Look at his last fight with the Itachi clone, Kakashi was able to set up Itachi for Naruto's attack and Naruto's attack was strong enough to take him out easily. Being able to fight with 2 Akatsuki members simultaneously seems way out of Naruto's league since even elites like Gai and Kakashi take teams to fight Akatsuki. Even Oro had Kabuto as a possible crutch against Sasori. The way I think we'll see Naruto improve is that he will start to control his rage during battles and resisting the Kyuubi's power(or get better at controlling it). By doing this, he'll start using jutsu more effectively and work better with his teams. Of course being the hero, he'll be the main driving force his team the way Shikamaru is for his squad.
-Let me pose a question then: would it be a bad thing for Naruto to become that strong? Teams have their good points I am not going to dispute that but he's only as effective as people he's teamed up with. He obviously works well with Kakashi but that doesn't mean he will work well with Team 8 for instance. And you have seen how the Akatsuki members operate. I wouldn't be surprised if they tried to kidnap the boy in his sleep. What could he possibly do in a situation where he cannot call for his teamates' assistance if he's not powerful enough to tangle with at least 1 Akatsuki member? As far as I see it, if he cannot fight well enough to ensure his own survival then he has no place in the world and is better off dead. Then again perhaps I'm being a little too critical and disbelieving of the boy.
Old 2006-12-18, 14:01   Link #15
Suna no tate
Akatsuki Bart is Tobi

Quote:
It seems that this thread was written with the assumption that Naruto will be fighting one-on-one with Akatsuki members in which case it's clear that he doesn't stand a chance. Almost no one in Konoha is capable of fighting alone against even a single Akatsuki member. But remember what's the most the important part of being a shinobi,? The point that has been repeated over and over since day one? That's right...teamwork.
Teamwork? No one in konoha can fight an akatsuki member single handedly? Come on! Hmm... how about gai and kisame? Or the recent development in chp 335 where shika has to fight hidan alone? Gaara could certainly fight deidara on his own and after seeing sasori's techniques, i doubt he'd have that much trouble with sasori either. Those akatsuki guys are strong and they are tricky too, but to say that naruto can't fight even one of them single handedly would be too much for me to bear. In truth, i think he could fight any of them and have a strong chance of winning, especially if for some reason he starts thinking about Sasuke in the middle of the fight. If a 3 tailed naruto was strong enough to seriously wound Jiraiya, I'm sure he can tangle with anyone with a good chance of winning. And there is always the matter of that near inpentrable chakra shield...

Naruto to me simply lacks techniques. He flat out doesn't have enough. Kakuzu must know hundred of elemental attacks and since he can do more than one at once that takes his total number up to thousands. Naruto knows like 4 techniques. 4...
Suna no tate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-18, 14:28   Link #16
Luminion Lancer
Time-diver

Quote:
Teamwork? No one in konoha can fight an akatsuki member single handedly? Come on! Hmm... how about gai and kisame? Or the recent development in chp 335 where shika has to fight hidan alone? Gaara could certainly fight deidara on his own and after seeing sasori's techniques, i doubt he'd have that much trouble with sasori either. Those akatsuki guys are strong and they are tricky too, but to say that naruto can't fight even one of them single handedly would be too much for me to bear. In truth, i think he could fight any of them and have a strong chance of winning, especially if for some reason he starts thinking about Sasuke in the middle of the fight. If a 3 tailed naruto was strong enough to seriously wound Jiraiya, I'm sure he can tangle with anyone with a good chance of winning. And there is always the matter of that near inpentrable chakra shield...

Naruto to me simply lacks techniques. He flat out doesn't have enough. Kakuzu must know hundred of elemental attacks and since he can do more than one at once that takes his total number up to thousands. Naruto knows like 4 techniques. 4...
-The question here is: Yes he can do it with the Kyuubi's aid but can he do it on his own? We are all aware of the amount of power Naruto can tap into once he unleashed the Kyuubi's chakra and the unbelieveable destruction he can cause with it. Heck he could probably kill an Akatsuki level opponent with relative ease if given the right circumstance. But could he achieve this without the Kyuubi's chakra? My answer and opinion on this stands as a no. Don't get me wrong I have nothing against the boy but he seriously needs to wake up and smell the coffee. Right now he needs to get strong beyond imagination or he may not be able to live long enough to achieve his dream.

-He does lack techniques but that's easily remedied with his (or should I say Kakashi's) new training method. This will most likely get rid of his low number of jutsus problem. But he still needs to improve upon in other areas as well, one being control.
Old 2006-12-18, 14:33   Link #17
gibits
Endless

Quote:
We already have Sasuke taking 'roids. We don't need Naruto taking depressants.
Valium would be a good idea if what was triggiering Kybuui was anxiety and/or convulsions. I think Hunter meant methylphenidate AKA Ritalin to treat Naruto's obvious ADHD (which ironically is a CNS stimulant).

Sasuke on steroids? I guess that's the best those japanese kids can hope for, he still looks like a skinny pretty boy to me. I don't see any 'roid rage either...... or maybe it just a matter of time.

Naruto can more or less control Kybuui. In his fight with Oro he let Kybuui take over because he felt it was the quicker way to get Sasuke back. It's when he is at his limit or emotionally unstable (he'll need lithium for that) that Kybuui pops up. Yugito was able to unlease her demon at will and it seems that Naruto is almost at that point himself.

If anything Naruto will have to stronger than a demon for any hope of defeating the Akastuki, since it's pretty clear that 2 akastuki> one demon.
gibits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-18, 14:46   Link #18
Luminion Lancer
Time-diver

Quote:
Originally Posted by gibits View Post
If anything Naruto will have to stronger than a demon for any hope of defeating the Akastuki, since it's pretty clear that 2 akastuki> one demon.
-Interesting point but you forget that when these Akatsuki fight the Jinchuurikis they are not fighting actual demons but their hosts who draw upon various amounts of the Bijuu's power. Though the Sanbi does seem to be an exception to this. It was neither intelligent or very powerful (I bet that even a Shukaku-Gaara could take it). They Kyuubi however is a whole different bag of tricks though.
Old 2006-12-18, 15:07   Link #19
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Quote:

Read carefully, I said almost no one in Konoha. The Sannin of course could fight equally with the more poweful members and probably take 2 on the lesser members single-handedly. Everyone else would barely stand a chance against even one Akatsuki that we've seen so far and definitely not the teams. Remember that Gai wasn't fighting the real Kisame, but a watered down clone with 30% chakra of the original, meaning that there are probably powerful techniques that he couldn't perform. Gai would probably have to break out the remaining 2 gates to defeat the real Kisame and as you know, that's fatal. Gai also had support at the beginning of the battle, though he did fight mostly on his own. Shikamaru is also not fighting alone, but distracting Hidan to set in motion a plan that will involve ultimately the whole team
Gaara put up a good fight against Deidara, a fight that he arguably could've won, but remember that he still lost to a single Akatsuki member and was also a Kage. Assuming that he would have an easy time against Sasori, who has been stated to be more powerful than Deidara is just an assumption.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fukitsu Naruto
Let me pose a question then: would it be a bad thing for Naruto to become that strong? Teams have their good points I am not going to dispute that but he's only as effective as people he's teamed up with. He obviously works well with Kakashi but that doesn't mean he will work well with Team 8 for instance. And you have seen how the Akatsuki members operate. I wouldn't be surprised if they tried to kidnap the boy in his sleep. What could he possibly do in a situation where he cannot call for his teamates' assistance if he's not powerful enough to tangle with at least 1 Akatsuki member? As far as I see it, if he cannot fight well enough to ensure his own survival then he has no place in the world and is better off dead. Then again perhaps I'm being a little too critical and disbelieving of the boy.
I'm not saying it would be bad for Naruto to get stronger, he has and will continue get stronger. He's already at the point where Akatsuki members who have fought him consider him a potential threat.What I'm saying is that Naruto doesn't need to get an uber-powerup which suddenly makes him a shinobi god to be effective against Akatsuki. I kind of got the impression from your thread that you are comparing the character of Ichigo from Bleach to Naruto. Ichigo depends on miracle powerups to stand a chance against his enemies since he for the most part, fights them one-on-one. Naruto's power on the other hand is somewhat different. He has a tremendous advantage in the Kyuubi which can give him a power-up in a pinch but at an increasingly severe price so he can't depend on it in every situation. To get a powerup like the one you're implying which would not only give him the raw power but make him stronger, faster and improve his techniques without any disadvantage would make Naruto a genius and one thing that the series has stressed is that Naruto is not a genius. So Naruto is able to make a more natural progression with his skills if he fights with a team. Now there may be some situations where Naruto has to fight alone with an Akatsuki member and he may even defeat one own on his own, but Naruto doesn't need to be powered up to the point where he can defeat every single member. There also may be moments where Naruto is vulnerable and at Akatsuki's mercy. That doesn't necessarily make Naruto as ninja completely helpless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gibits
Valium would be a good idea if what was triggiering Kybuui was anxiety and/or convulsions. I think Hunter meant methylphenidate AKA Ritalin to treat Naruto's obvious ADHD (which ironically is a CNS stimulant).
You really are a med student aren't you? Anyway, Ritalin is exactly what Naruto needs. Maybe Tsunade could prescribe him some along with some Prozac for Shino.
Old 2006-12-18, 15:44   Link #20
Luminion Lancer
Time-diver

Quote:
I'm not saying it would be bad for Naruto to get stronger, he has and will continue get stronger. He's already at the point where Akatsuki members who have fought him consider him a potential threat.What I'm saying is that Naruto doesn't need to get an uber-powerup which suddenly makes him a shinobi god to be effective against Akatsuki. I kind of got the impression from your thread that you are comparing the character of Ichigo from Bleach to Naruto. Ichigo depends on miracle powerups to stand a chance against his enemies since he for the most part, fights them one-on-one. Naruto's power on the other hand is somewhat different. He has a tremendous advantage in the Kyuubi which can give him a power-up in a pinch but at an increasingly severe price so he can't depend on it in every situation. To get a powerup like the one you're implying which would not only give him the raw power but make him stronger, faster and improve his techniques without any disadvantage would make Naruto a genius and one thing that the series has stressed is that Naruto is not a genius. So Naruto is able to make a more natural progression with his skills if he fights with a team. Now there may be some situations where Naruto has to fight alone with an Akatsuki member and he may even defeat one own on his own, but Naruto doesn't need to be powered up to the point where he can defeat every single member. There also may be moments where Naruto is vulnerable and at Akatsuki's mercy. That doesn't necessarily make Naruto as ninja completely helpless.
-Please refresh my memory, when did the Akatsuki actually start referring to Naruto as a threat? I'm not being a jerk I'm just asking when (what chapter) was it that they said that? Based on the comments they've made so far it seems they view him as a joke rather than a serious threat. But by no mean am I trying to compare Bleach and Naruto. I only posted a possible idea/thoery that I gained after reading some of the Bleach manga. Those are 2 very different storylines. But I'm not saying that Naruto should be able to defeat every single opponent flawlessly, rather just be able to survive when he encounters dangerous adversaries. However I'm having a hard time believing that right now based on the performance of the Akatsuki lately. How he's going to overcome these adversaries without the kyuubi's aid is right now beyond my understanding.