AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Movies, OVAs/OADs, and Specials

Notices

Old 2010-09-28, 19:42   Link #21
Psychodrake91

Best news this year! Berserk is definitely my favorite manga of all time.

Hope they don't screw this up.
Psychodrake91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-28, 19:48   Link #22
Grifis
Eternal Dreamer

Nani? They beautified Griffith? I prefer it when they bishied him, not beautified him to that level complete with lipstick and stuff. Oh my bad boy Grifis must main badass... *cries*
Grifis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-28, 19:57   Link #23
Psychodrake91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grifis View Post
Nani? They beautified Griffith? I prefer it when they bishied him, not beautified him to that level complete with lipstick and stuff. Oh my bad boy Grifis must main badass... *cries*
To be fair, he looks no more girly than he did on the cover of volume 5.
Old 2010-09-28, 20:16   Link #24
JamesEdwards
ANTI-Nonsense

Send a message via AIM to JamesEdwards
HELL. IT'S ABOUT TIME.
Old 2010-09-28, 21:00   Link #25
ChainLegacy
廉頗

He does break the mold for the stereotypical megalomaniac...
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-28, 21:09   Link #26
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

I would want a remake, but a sequel + constant flashbacks is fine too.

Really, it's not that hard to remold a new series of Berserk, even from the original series. Skull Knight wasn't introduced, but they could easily throw in a flashback to retcon the ending of the original series and show how it actually happened. Puck could be introduced by simply animating the Count arc from the beginning of the manga.

As for Silat and his 4 Bodyguards, his role was so minimal in the Golden Millenium, there was no harm done if he's introduced a bit later. It's not like there was any early bonding between Guts, Griffith and Silat or anything heavy.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-28, 21:27   Link #27
ChainLegacy
廉頗

Yeah, I think the series could easily take the path that Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood took. And do a better job than they did by having the first episode be a recap of the last series' ending.
Old 2010-09-29, 00:50   Link #28
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

^
Unless I misinterpreted what you wrote, I should just point out that Brotherhood was a complete remake and had nothing to do with the original FMA anime (they didn't even reference it, let alone have a recap episode about it) the only thing that they both shared were some of the voice cast and being both animated by BONES
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
Skull Knight wasn't introduced, but they could easily throw in a flashback to retcon the ending of the original series and show how it actually happened. Puck could be introduced by simply animating the Count arc from the beginning of the manga
Sure, they could always do that. It would just appear to an anime-only watcher as an asspull by having a character who was never even alluded to or appear once just show up out of nowhere and stop the Eclipse, and then have flashbacks having talks that never happened will only make it look more forced.

Puck and the others are easy to sort out, but the Knight is harder to manage. He is integral to explain how did Guts survive the Eclipse, and having him just show up like that will make the whole ordeal weaker.

The problem isn't in retconing the end of the previous anime (the first was, aside from the removal of characters and skipping of certain events, a very faithful adaptation to the end and I thought events flowed better because of the omissions) it's more in that there wasn't the setup necessary to explain how things went from Eclipse to the later events.
Old 2010-09-29, 04:21   Link #29
FRS
Lurker on the threshold

As a fan i am happy to see an new anime project coming to life, but i am wondering how is it going to interact with the old serie and with the ongoing manga.
FRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-29, 04:50   Link #30
Keiichi_chan
Star of Misfortune

Send a message via AIM to Keiichi_chan
the original anime didn't do well in japan; it's going to be a remake.
wait:
http://www.animenews.biz/new-berserk-ova-images-1921/
^
forgot about the leaked berserk anime images done by studio 4oC.
i can't imagine an entire series, but these images make it seem like it'll at least cover content
left out of the original anime.

also:
Quote:
It's written on the commercial ベルセルク、始動。Which pretty much means "Berserk, a start". This strongly suggest they'Re starting something.
-from ANN

Last edited by Keiichi_chan; 2010-09-29 at 05:13.
Keiichi_chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-29, 07:25   Link #31
Weils

I have never read the manga or seen the earlier anime adaptation, but have heard of Berserk (from way long before and the Dreamcast Berserk game). If this is really a complete remake, this would be the time for me to hop in. In fact, Claymore seems to be compared now and then to this series.

The Usual Suspects
Weils is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-29, 09:50   Link #32
Psychodrake91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weils View Post
I have never read the manga or seen the earlier anime adaptation, but have heard of Berserk (from way long before and the Dreamcast Berserk game). If this is really a complete remake, this would be the time for me to hop in. In fact, Claymore seems to be compared now and then to this series.
It's quite clear that Claymore took some inspiration from Berserk. I'm not saying that as a bad thing or a rip-off claim, but a good sign if you enjoyed Claymore that you may enjoy Berserk.

It is a brilliant manga series and inspired many other action anime and manga over the past years.
Old 2010-09-29, 10:10   Link #33
ChainLegacy
廉頗

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arabesque View Post
^
Unless I misinterpreted what you wrote, I should just point out that Brotherhood was a complete remake and had nothing to do with the original FMA anime (they didn't even reference it, let alone have a recap episode about it) the only thing that they both shared were some of the voice cast and being both animated by BONES
You must have misinterpreted something. What I'm trying to say is, Berserk could just start at any point in the first series where content diverged from the manga, like they did with FMA.
Old 2010-09-30, 03:33   Link #34
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChainLegacy View Post
You must have misinterpreted something. What I'm trying to say is, Berserk could just start at any point in the first series where content diverged from the manga, like they did with FMA.
But FMA didn't start at any point. Brotherhood was a complete remake. It started from the beginning of the manga, and adapted everything from scratch all the way to the end.
duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-30, 06:25   Link #35
roriconfan
Banned

Send a message via MSN to roriconfan
A sequel? Seriously? You think nobody would mind the 5000% improvement in visuals? And how on Earth would someone who hasn't watched the first series manage to get through it just to understand the story? And am I to believe that Griphith will appear in flashbacks looking like a girl? What, Guts beautified his memories of him?

No way this is a sequel. And it looks too good to be a series coming from 4C. I say it will just be a few minute specials with best-of moments and we are all hyping for no reason.

Damn, if this is true, it will be a bigger disappointment than the "remake" of DBZ.
roriconfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-30, 11:58   Link #36
Registered Member

New commercial.

Registered Member is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-30, 12:04   Link #37
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Ewwww, CG Zodd. So the screenshots from last year were real then.
Old 2010-09-30, 12:43   Link #38
ChainLegacy
廉頗

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckroll View Post
But FMA didn't start at any point. Brotherhood was a complete remake. It started from the beginning of the manga, and adapted everything from scratch all the way to the end.
Actually yeah, the first episode just confused me. I guess it was a complete remake. But I don't want that for Berserk. There's too much material that hasn't been animated.
Old 2010-09-30, 13:30   Link #39
ZODDGUTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Ewwww, CG Zodd. So the screenshots from last year were real then.
Yeah same thought here. The TV series Zodd looked much better than that.
ZODDGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-30, 13:38   Link #40
Kafriel
Senior Guest

I'm really excited, having never watched or read Berserk before, but having heard a LOT about it, I hope this series takes it from start to...wherever it currently is. This is one title on which I just don't care about animation...are we expecting this to air anytime soon?
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, berserk, seinen