AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Madoka Magica

Notices

Old 2011-06-27, 23:08   Link #261
xizro345
King's Justice

Well, Sayaka vs Kyoko got some modifications but I was expecting that given the number of recycled footage...
xizro345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-28, 00:41   Link #262
BaKaBaKaOtaKu
Stupidity is Bliss.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riga92 View Post
Cover for BD Vol.5 is out!

mOEMURA. <<333
BaKaBaKaOtaKu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-28, 03:23   Link #263
Pachael
原作通り

Some parts of the redone fight makes Sayaka look like a completely different character.
Pachael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-01, 08:55   Link #264
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Shouldn't she be a bit shorter and chubbier ?
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-01, 19:34   Link #265
sa547
*Author

http://www.goodsmile.info/product/en...4th+Scale.html

Itasha decals for any 1/24 scale model car.
Old 2011-07-02, 05:43   Link #266
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakubeX2 View Post

Shouldn't she be a bit shorter and chubbier ?
- You're complaing?

YOU'RE ACTUALLY COMPLAINING THAT MAMI IS HOTTER THAN WE THOUGHT SHE'D BE ARE YOU ALRIGHT?!?!?
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-02, 10:58   Link #267
momobunny
◔ ◡ ◔
*Artist

I'm always creeped out when Madoka characters end up having a body like Mami's in that model... it just clashes so much with their pancake faces... at least to me it does.

momobunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-02, 11:31   Link #268
sa547
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by momobunny View Post
I'm always creeped out when Madoka characters end up having a body like Mami's in that model... it just clashes so much with their pancake faces... at least to me it does.
Not to worry, only Mami has that bra size; otherwise the other girls have A or B cups. Not easy nailing close to the beachside concept art.
Old 2011-07-02, 19:37   Link #269
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavehawk View Post
- You're complaing?

YOU'RE ACTUALLY COMPLAINING THAT MAMI IS HOTTER THAN WE THOUGHT SHE'D BE ARE YOU ALRIGHT?!?!?
My point exactly :-

Quote:
Originally Posted by momobunny View Post
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-02, 21:45   Link #270
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
FINALLY, some Kyouko love!

Hell she's too cute....Another must buy...
Old 2011-07-03, 03:12   Link #271
sa547
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Hell she's too cute....Another must buy...
There should be a box of Rocky with her.
Old 2011-07-03, 03:21   Link #272
Hagoshod
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Hagoshod
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pachael View Post
Some parts of the redone fight makes Sayaka look like a completely different character.
That's kind of been the problem with everything in the Blu-Ray release since, uhhh.... Volume 1.

Cleaning up small things that may have been rushed in the TV airing is fine, but radically changing backgrounds, radically changing primary settings, radically changing the entire atmosphere of certain scenes, and radically changing things in general that were completely fine to begin with (and doing so totally on a whim) is stupid and destroys the product.

And because I know someone is going to shoot back at me with "B-b-b-b-but it creates a new experience and it's more incentive to buy the Blu-Rays!" or something similar, I don't care. I literally couldn't care less. When someone buys a DVD or Blu-Ray of a TV show, it's for archival purposes. They're saying "Hey, I liked this show/season/whatever, so I want to support it and watch it any time I like by owning it in a legal format!" And saying such implies you specifically enjoyed the show as it was originally seen on TV. People who liked the version of Madoka where Mami doesn't live in the front aisle of a Toys 'R' Us and Kamijou never sits in a hospital bed as the Genesis Planet happens in the background are being shit all over.
Hagoshod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-03, 03:49   Link #273
xizro345
King's Justice

I personally don't care. The Sayaka - Kyoko fight in the TV version was (IMO) extremely poor done with all the recycled footage. Now it's better.
And while Shaft is most famous for this, I haven't seen similar complaints towards other studios that routinely do this, like Seven Arcs.
xizro345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-03, 18:51   Link #274
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagoshod View Post
That's kind of been the problem with everything in the Blu-Ray release since, uhhh.... Volume 1.

Cleaning up small things that may have been rushed in the TV airing is fine, but radically changing backgrounds, radically changing primary settings, radically changing the entire atmosphere of certain scenes, and radically changing things in general that were completely fine to begin with (and doing so totally on a whim) is stupid and destroys the product.

And because I know someone is going to shoot back at me with "B-b-b-b-but it creates a new experience and it's more incentive to buy the Blu-Rays!" or something similar, I don't care. I literally couldn't care less. When someone buys a DVD or Blu-Ray of a TV show, it's for archival purposes. They're saying "Hey, I liked this show/season/whatever, so I want to support it and watch it any time I like by owning it in a legal format!" And saying such implies you specifically enjoyed the show as it was originally seen on TV. People who liked the version of Madoka where Mami doesn't live in the front aisle of a Toys 'R' Us and Kamijou never sits in a hospital bed as the Genesis Planet happens in the background are being shit all over.
Calm down bro. It's not that big a deal.
Old 2011-07-03, 20:13   Link #275
Hagoshod
Banned

It's a big deal to people who care too much about completely insignificant things.
Old 2011-07-04, 03:45   Link #276
Pachael
原作通り

I should have clarified - Despite the 'Original Way', as much as it's different - Sayaka redrawn is 100% more badass and she looks like out of another shounen fighting series. This one in particular.

Pachael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-04, 03:52   Link #277
MartianMage

I've seen the comparison shots before and I don't see what the problem is. The redone fight scenes looks a lot better than the broadcast version.
Kyubey: Perhaps the same could be said of all religions.
Homura: Your words are as empty as your soul! Lolis ill-needs a savior such as you!
Kyubey: What is a loli? A miserable little pile of moe! But enough talk...have at you!
MartianMage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-04, 04:20   Link #278
rantuyetmai
↓ Crazy in love with her

Don't forget Homuhomu. Not like she hasn't been beautiful before, but what they did here is just great.
Spoiler for Homura BD-TV ep5:

I do regret that they changed Mami's apartment and her 'alpha' pose on the syringe though ;_;
rantuyetmai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-04, 06:35   Link #279
Hagoshod
Banned

Quote:
Sayaka redrawn is 100% more badass
I call it "being out of character."

Your response?

Quote:
and she looks like out of another shounen fighting series
And that's exactly what I'm talking about with creating an inconsistent product.

btw, the redone scene is magnificent. Still doesn't change the fact it's completely ruined by having no business being there. It's only the result of Shaft going "HURRR WE CAN BE JUST LIKE GEORGE LUCAS, TOO."

Just because you have the budget and technical knowhow to take the pinnacle Breaking Bad Season 3 scene where

Spoiler:
and digitally insert Michelangelo's Last Judgment into the background for the DVD release doesn't mean you should.

Last edited by Hagoshod; 2011-07-04 at 06:54.
Old 2011-07-04, 10:08   Link #280
Vegard Aune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagoshod View Post
People who liked the version of Madoka where Mami doesn't live in the front aisle of a Toys 'R' Us and Kamijou never sits in a hospital bed as the Genesis Planet happens in the background are being shit all over.
Uh, but considering how Mami's apartment actually looked like its BluRay-makeover in the TV-version of episodes 10 and 12, it seems pretty certain that Shaft always intended for it to look like that. They just... didn't have time to finish the backgrounds, apparently. Kamijou's hospital-room not withstanding, Mami's apartment was just them fixing a consistency-issue... Just like the half-a-billion other consistency-issues with the backgrounds and Soul Gem designs and all that stuff.

Tags
madoka magica