AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-02-21, 12:54   Link #41
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

You know... I'm not speaking unclearly... I did *not* say I didn't like it. I was concurring with darkchibi07.

Humor is a complex matter -- you're probably too young to remember the National Lampoon Magazine in the 1970s which overflowed with "wrong" humor involving such things as:
1) threatening to shoot dogs if you didn't buy the magazine.
2) 1000 things to do with dead babies
3) sexual fetishes
4) anti-establishment scatological humor
5) virulent satires on any sacred cow

It was a wonderful magazine. As far as this manga goes, it is quite funny so please stop mischaracterizing what I'm saying.
Old 2007-02-21, 12:57   Link #42
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thany View Post
If you don't like it, just don't read it
As far as I know, Vexx is quite the loli-fan... just like us!
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-21, 17:16   Link #43
NeoSam

Be very careful when viewing this.

Last warning do not look into the following spoiler unless you are pretty sure you are alone >.<

From the latest issue of the seinen manga magazine Comic High!

Spoiler:

whats happening there

Edit:

Maybe thats just an illustration >.>
Old 2007-02-21, 17:42   Link #44
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

She was on the tree, went to jump down and got her dress caught on a knot... the rest is comedy gold as they say.

Half the time in these situations, her plans backfire but end up messing with teacher's head anyway.
Old 2007-02-21, 21:01   Link #45
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoSam View Post
Be very careful when viewing this.

Last warning do not look into the following spoiler unless you are pretty sure you are alone >.<

From the latest issue of the seinen manga magazine Comic High!

Spoiler:

whats happening there

Edit:

Maybe thats just an illustration >.>
The funny thing is I wasn't sure I was alone as I heard rustling outside the den, but I opened it anyway as I like the rush. Anyway, five seconds after initially opening it my mother barges into the room exactly 1 and a half seconds after I had closed it. Thanks a lot for almost exposing me as a lolicon. Blaaaaaaaah.

Vexx, you should know the rule by now. Don't say anything on a message board or anywhere else, that could in any way be taken and spun in a negative light. Always clarify everything you say. If you were in politics like I plan on being someday you'd have had your character assassinated many times over by now, and it only takes one slip-up to ruin a political career.

Seriously who does this girl remind me of (or what series). She's like Wile E. Coyote in some ways, always scheming to seduce the teacher yet having it backfire on her. They could seriously career this out for like 100 episodes. Let's see what series works like this... Is it Pocket Monsters with team rocket planning to capture Pikachu over and over, sometimes almost succeeding? How soon is this coming out again. I want many episodes. This is officially my most anticipated non-mecha series at this point.

Last edited by Kaioshin Sama; 2007-02-21 at 21:11.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-21, 21:06   Link #46
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
She was on the tree, went to jump down and got her dress caught on a knot... the rest is comedy gold as they say.
Don't you just think its amazing how it works each and every time? Its moments like these that turn a man into a lolicon. <3

& NeoSam, you're so getting a cookie for that post. :3
Old 2007-02-22, 00:55   Link #47
Thany
Unfair

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
As far as I know, Vexx is quite the loli-fan... just like us!
Nice try, but but I'm still insure about it since he doesn't seem to like the jokes that much.
The manga (and obviously anime) is obviously primary made for lolikons, especially given the amount of loli fanservices in it.

@Vexx
Then stop talking in a way that will make peoples misinterpret it, if you liked a scene say it loud and don't go 'omg it's wrong!!1'.

@NeoSam
Seems more like a H-doujin to me
Old 2007-02-22, 01:16   Link #48
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
@Vexx
Then stop talking in a way that will make peoples misinterpret it, if you liked a scene say it loud and don't go 'omg it's wrong!!1'.
An outrageously funny scene can be expressed in the words, "omg it's wrong!!" while one is rolling on the floor laughing. For example, let's say I see an innocent chicken pushed off of the Eifel Tower and it lands on Thany's head. The chicken, then, proceeds to poop and lays an egg simultaneously on Thany. I say, "z00mg, it's so wrong," while I laugh my ass off at the incredulous coincidence.

Vexx has clearly meant those words that way which you've clearly misconstrued. Anyway, let's not veer of topic any further even if someone clearly shows clear contempt for lolis. Opinions need to be tolerated if one wants to express ones own opinion.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-22, 01:49   Link #49
Thany
Unfair

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
An outrageously funny scene can be expressed in the words, "omg it's wrong!!" while one is rolling on the floor laughing. For example, let's say I see an innocent chicken pushed off of the Eifel Tower and it lands on Thany's head. The chicken, then, proceeds to poop and lays an egg simultaneously on Thany. I say, "z00mg, it's so wrong," while I laugh my ass off at the incredulous coincidence.
The point is you have to take stuffs easy and don't forget it's not real, the eggs and poop didn't land on me as far as I remember xD
(and as long as you'll react this way you'll never be a true lolicon :p)
Old 2007-02-22, 02:28   Link #50
NeoSam

Quote:
@NeoSam
Seems more like a H-doujin to me
That image is on the official site of Comic High! magazine.

It clearly says on Comic High's site: shoujo manga magazine for males.

Manga from this magazine gets published under the seinen comic imprint Action Comics.
Old 2007-02-22, 02:49   Link #51
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Since my favorite shows include Ichigo Masimaru, Tsukuyomi Moon Phase, and other such shows - it would seem Monir's characterization of me is accurate by some definitions of loli. There's some dispute over what "loli" actually means anyway...

What I've read of the manga so far (3 volumes) has been quite funny -- it doesn't really matter if someone labels it "loli" or not.

Here's a direct link to the magazine site Neosam speaks of: http://www.futabasha.co.jp/?magazine=comic_high

@Kaioshin_sama: the Wile E. Coyote metaphor for the plucky heroine is an interesting metaphor .... though she doesn't *succeed* she does often fry the teacher's brain -- though he seems to reflect on the events pretty stoically. In other news, poor Al Franken --- his humor and sarcasm was always taken incorrectly by humorless people

@Thany: I'll just say I've always written and spoken the way I do and its been quite valuable in my life and career - most people understand me quite well so I'm probably not going to be changing the way I use english.
Old 2007-02-22, 03:20   Link #52
Thany
Unfair

Quote:
That image is on the official site of Comic High! magazine.

It clearly says on Comic High's site: shoujo manga magazine for males.

Manga from this magazine gets published under the seinen comic imprint Action Comics.
Maybe it'll be the next volume cover? (would be nice if it was)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx
@Thany: I'll just say I've always written and spoken the way I do and its been quite valuable in my life and career - most people understand me quite well so I'm probably not going to be changing the way I use english.
Don't go cry to me if more peoples misinterpret like I did (and probably a lot others too) the next sentences you'll make

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx
What I've read of the manga so far (3 volumes) has been quite funny -- it doesn't really matter if someone labels it "loli" or not.
Well it's quite obvious it's loli, given the fair amount of stuffs that happen, it's probably not for peoples who dislike loli^^

However, I'm still wondering how far they'll go on the anime version, because it's well known that animes conversions tends to censor a lot
Old 2007-02-22, 03:36   Link #53
Riker
Peek a boo
*Graphic Designer

I'm not a lolicon, yet I bought volumes 1 and 2 of the manga.
Spoiler:
Riker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-22, 06:11   Link #54
NeoSam

Quote:
However, I'm still wondering how far they'll go on the anime version, because it's well known that animes conversions tends to censor a lot
IMO if its getting censored there's no need for this to get animated.

I'm pretty satisfied with the manga, and I don't want a crappy anime that doesn't follow the manga.

"oooooow we must animate this becasue it got so popular with male otakus" and "but we have to censor many things because otherwise we'll get in trouble".

If its something like that then I really don't want to see an anime of this manga at all.

Do it right or don't do it at all :P
Old 2007-02-22, 08:56   Link #55
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riker View Post
I'm not a lolicon, yet I bought volumes 1 and 2 of the manga.
Spoiler:
Heh, my original first reason for checking out the manga was for her mother.. but you know, after a few reads - it does a number of you.
Old 2007-02-22, 09:55   Link #56
cyth
Banned

Not sure if this has been told yet, but it seems Studio Barcelona is taking on the animation, as reported by MOON PHASE's Diary. Now the studio has two splendid shows on their hands, Kodomo no Jikan along with Nanatsuiro☆Drops, and they seem to be getting pretty busy for this summer.
cyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-22, 10:13   Link #57
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
IMO if its getting censored there's no need for this to get animated.

I'm pretty satisfied with the manga, and I don't want a crappy anime that doesn't follow the manga.

"oooooow we must animate this becasue it got so popular with male otakus" and "but we have to censor many things because otherwise we'll get in trouble".

If its something like that then I really don't want to see an anime of this manga at all.

Do it right or don't do it at all :P
I don't have access to the manga though so I would want an animated subbed version. As far as I can tell nobody is translating the manga.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-22, 10:29   Link #58
NeoSam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama View Post
I don't have access to the manga though so I would want an animated subbed version. As far as I can tell nobody is translating the manga.
Seven Seas is translating the manga:
http://www.gomanga.com/manga/kodomo.php

And read what ashefatal mentioned in this post, yeah Seven Seas don't believe in censorship
Old 2007-02-22, 10:39   Link #59
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

With all the discussion surrounding the controvesy of this series, doesn't anyone wonders about the mind behind the concept ?

Now, the mastermind has been caught on video :-

http://www.hobbylife-tv.jp/newswatch/061222-news.html

The one that's dressed in Black Sweater with the words, about nearly 2 mins into the Streaming.

Regarding the Censoring, they might go the Chokotto Sister way. Covered up the Nudity and beeped out all suggestive words on Boardcast.

But, removed everything on the DVD releases. That's one way to avoid getting into trouble and yet bring up the sales.
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-22, 11:29   Link #60
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

That was actually pretty interesting video clip - the author seems like she's got a quirky sense of humor as well once she started talking instead of just absorbing the merchandise presentation. (she's actually kind of cute)

heh, the engrish is everywhere (her sweatshirt logo mangle).

Tags
comedy, loli, seinen