Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-06-10, 20:04   Link #1141
Scarletknive
Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuu View Post
A, forgot about that. Well. Akagi's aim was different; to fool Ishikawa on his hand composition.

Teru's used the same technique to offset the tile draw.
And thats the way to beat her damn... Please Toki... Its enough...

Spoiler for This hand of mine glows with an awesome power. . .:

Spoiler for IT'S SPINNING GRIP TELLS ME TO DEFEAT YOU!:

Lol... UWAH!!! *Shining Finger'd by Shining Gundam... EXPLODES*

Last edited by Scarletknive; 2012-06-10 at 20:17.
Scarletknive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-10, 20:17   Link #1142
Marina2

Hmm,.......

- Teru Pon to prevent Toki from getting Ippatsu
- Teru makes her hand with mutiple wait ,so that even Toki change her draw order, Teru can still win with other tiles.

Teru's defensive/offensive skill doesn't rely on special ability at all. Great!
Old 2012-06-10, 20:25   Link #1143
Qilin
Romanticist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina2 View Post
Hmm,.......

- Teru makes her hand with mutiple wait ,so that even Toki change her draw order, Teru can still win with other tiles.

What about the power that allows her to assemble her hands quickly in increasing score value?

Pure skill has its limits, and I must say that the plays we've seen from Teru so far drastically skews the laws of probability.
Old 2012-06-10, 20:30   Link #1144
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qilin View Post
On another note, I think this episode confirms one interesting thing: Teru's power involves bending fate in her favor, seeing as even Toki's precognition is unable to stop her. I guess that both Saki and Koromo should be capable of this as well.
So... Teru is an anti-spiral? That explains everything!

It seemed more like advanced mind reading to me, though. Fate altering might explain her winning despite Toki's disruption, but not Teru blatantly blocking Toki's favorite move. That wasn't just luck smiling at you, it was a clear, premeditated move to prevent your opponent from besting you.
Requiem-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-10, 20:33   Link #1145
Scarletknive
Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem-x View Post

It seemed more like advanced mind reading to me, though. Fate altering might explain her winning despite Toki's disruption, but not Teru blatantly blocking Toki's favorite move. That wasn't just luck smiling at you, it was a clear, premeditated move to prevent your opponent from besting you.
No Spiral power= WE ARE DOOMED!
Now phase what already?

Teru train update: The train is going at 1000km/h.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina2 View Post
Hmm,.......

She is the Akagi of Saki.
Old 2012-06-10, 21:13   Link #1146
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for ep9:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-10, 21:14   Link #1147
RegalStar
Mishaguji-sama

Ah, the old "make it obvious that your hand is worth crap so people will deal into you on purpose" trick. It actually has application in real playing, and I've always wanted to try it, but never had the chance to =(
RegalStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-10, 21:20   Link #1148
Qilin
Romanticist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem-x View Post

I'm sure most Saki superpowers are a combination of both.

It probably had something to do with that demon mirror.
Old 2012-06-10, 21:55   Link #1149
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qilin View Post
I'm sure most Saki superpowers are a combination of both.

It probably had something to do with that demon mirror.
...yeah, probably. Who knows...

You're probably right about the powers, though. The only exception I can think of is Momo.
Requiem-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-10, 21:55   Link #1150
night_sentinel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina2
As much as I would like to say this I don't think so. Teru wins very very quickly for it to be pure skill alone. If we look at the discard table, most of Teru's wins happens before the 6th or 7th go round. That's ridiculously fast for it to be pure skill by the way which is why her opponents are having a hard time stopping her.

Regarding that pon Teru did to stop Toki, it was an awesome move and I'm pretty sure that it was on purpose.
> You discard your unwanted tile but Teru discarded her three circle which is part of the set.
> Beside this it doesn't seem to be a safe tile until Teru discarded it and Toki didn't call ron.
>Also, she blatantly called a pon on the same tile she discarded which is a huge flag that the only reason Teru did it is to change the drawing order.

This takes great skill I admit but what Teru did borders on mind reading. Because to pull this move she have to know that there is a 3 circles in Kirame's hand which she can call pon at.

As Qilin said it must have something to do with the magic mirror that showed in the first hand. In fact, if it weren't for the announcer stating its function, my first guess of the mirror's ability is it allows Teru to see the hands of the opponent.
night_sentinel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-10, 22:18   Link #1151
Scarletknive
Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by night_sentinel View Post
As much as I would like to say this I don't think so. Teru wins very very quickly for it to be pure skill alone. If we look at the discard table, most of Teru's wins happens before the 6th or 7th go round. That's ridiculously fast for it to be pure skill by the way which is why her opponents are having a hard time stopping her.

Regarding that pon Teru did to stop Toki, it was an awesome move and I'm pretty sure that it was on purpose.
> You discard your unwanted tile but Teru discarded her three circle which is part of the set.
> Beside this it doesn't seem to be a safe tile until Teru discarded it and Toki didn't call ron.
>Also, she blatantly called a pon on the same tile she discarded which is a huge flag that the only reason Teru did it is to change the drawing order.

This takes great skill I admit but what Teru did borders on mind reading. Because to pull this move she have to know that there is a 3 circles in Kirame's hand which she can call pon at.

As Qilin said it must have something to do with the magic mirror that showed in the first hand. In fact, if it weren't for the announcer stating its function, my first guess of the mirror's ability is it allows Teru to see the hands of the opponent.
Yeah... But who will USUALLY do that move though...(That move is usually to confuse others that she throws that safe tile. And that safe tile is considered single. Since she knew that Toki's ability is reading a turn ahead, she also tells the player before Toki(a.k.a Kuro) that that tile you are going to get is dangerous.)
Old 2012-06-10, 22:41   Link #1152
Peanutbutter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarletknive View Post
Yeah... But who will USUALLY do that move though...(That move is usually to confuse others that she throws that safe tile. And that safe tile is considered single. Since she knew that Toki's ability is reading a turn ahead, she also tells the player before Toki(a.k.a Kuro) that that tile you are going to get is dangerous.)
Teru won't be the only one you see in the Sakiverse to do that.

*winks*
Peanutbutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-10, 22:57   Link #1153
night_sentinel

Reads peanutbutter's comment ... visibly restrain herself on pointing out who ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarletknive
But who will USUALLY do that move though...
Yeah, I agree that calling on the tile you discarded is just insane but it changed the drawing order and you can't argue with results... well insanity and genius are only separated by their margin of success anyway...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuu
Toki's foresight rendered ineffective, and I can very much see how Saki's rinshan works as a direct counter to Teru.
Yeah, Saki's rinshan works would be a really nice counter to Teru. In fact, the more I see the Miyanaga siblings play the more blatant their playstyle seemed to fill a hole in the other sibling's playstyle.

For example: Teru never wins on the first hand because she is using her mirror to survey her opponents. Guess when Saki is more likely to attack or do something other than the last hand?

Invisible cookies for you if you guessed it, Saki have a higher chance of doing something when it is the first hand unless she's not playing seriously.

Conversely, I have a feeling that Toki's foresight being rendered ineffective is partially Saki's fault.

If we assume that the siblings played with one another a lot then Teru must be really used to someone changing the drawing order on her considering Saki calls a lot of pons and kans by virtue of her playstyle. Teru probably developed an immunity to it or found a way around it so that her wins won't be disrupted by changes in the drawing order.
night_sentinel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-10, 22:58   Link #1154
ZGMF-X10A
Tsukiyomi -Moon Phase-

Send a message via MSN to ZGMF-X10A
Quote:
And thats the way to beat her damn... Please Toki... Its enough...

Spoiler for This hand of mine glows with an awesome power. . .:

Spoiler for IT'S SPINNING GRIP TELLS ME TO DEFEAT YOU!:

Lol... UWAH!!! *Shining Finger'd by Shining Gundam... EXPLODES*
I don't mind Teru's powers, winning fast/win multiple times with point increase each time. But the tornado hand thing just makes me laugh so hard. It's like she has a disorder in her hand or something, it's so funny.
Old 2012-06-10, 23:27   Link #1155
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by night_sentinel View Post
Conversely, I have a feeling that Toki's foresight being rendered ineffective is partially Saki's fault.

If we assume that the siblings played with one another a lot then Teru must be really used to someone changing the drawing order on her considering Saki calls a lot of pons and kans by virtue of her playstyle. Teru probably developed an immunity to it or found a way around it so that her wins won't be disrupted by changes in the drawing order.
But Saki developed her +0/-0 style against her family/Teru because of their attitude, so I am not sure Teru has ever really seen her true potential or at least not long enough to learn to counter it .
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-10, 23:34   Link #1156
Scarletknive
Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGMF-X10A View Post
I don't mind Teru's powers, winning fast/win multiple times with point increase each time. But the tornado hand thing just makes me laugh so hard. It's like she has a disorder in her hand or something, it's so funny.
No one talks about Cyclone punch like some American boxer from G Gundam.(Just noticed.)

And you want me to destroy your Freedom Gundam? *Special attack(Near) on ZGMF-X10A*

Foresight: X-Rounders/Innovators(They are out of the list of "Who can beat Teru in a mahjong match?(Assuming the fact that all of them from the Gundam-verse learns to play mahjong)")

For now the manga is at chapter 11.. If you add another 14 days from 11 June... It is not enough to complete chapter 12. So most likely they will have the 2 short chapters into 2 episodes of parts having fillers or more badass.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanutbutter View Post
Teru won't be the only one you see in the Sakiverse to do that.

*winks*
? What you mean? I am having a "?" here. Tell me which episode is it and I will find out. (My guess is Shizu?)

Last edited by Scarletknive; 2012-06-10 at 23:46.
Scarletknive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-11, 00:35   Link #1157
ahelo
Criminal Unrequitor
*Graphic Designer

Spoiler for Spiler but not really spoiler:

I'd imagine the finals being Achiga, Kiyosumi, Teru's team and the Mikos. The Mikos people have been hyped up a lot plus they're the other monsters in Saki's side of the tourney while it would be weird if Saki's goal of reaching her sister wouldn't be met. Achiga has this series with them and Ritz really invested a lot of time just to build up that GRAND FINALE.
Old 2012-06-11, 00:39   Link #1158
Peanutbutter

Quote:
? What you mean? I am having a "?" here. Tell me which episode is it and I will find out. (My guess is Shizu?)
If there is a real Saki season 2, you will see it.
Peanutbutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-11, 00:58   Link #1159
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Sidetreck: I'd like to see Rinkai advance to the last table myself rather than Eisui though. Their schtick has to be something more than being a team made up of expats, after all.

Main topic: I won't expect any real resolution to the Miyanaga sisters' situation even at the final table, as it's likely that Teru would just brush off Saki's attempts to talk to her. Nope, I'm waiting for the Individuals for THAT one.
Old 2012-06-11, 01:02   Link #1160
Mow Yun

Send a message via AIM to Mow Yun
I think we haven't seen enough of Jindai to count Eisui out from the finals, though. For a supposed "monster" we haven't really seen much, IIRC.
Mow Yun is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mahjong, nopan, seinen, sport, yuri