AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Little Busters

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-11-10, 16:46   Link #101
Dizzyworld2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
I simply can't believe they went all their way with Rin in this episode: her reaction towards Komari was so strong it almost reminded me of "that" sequence in Refrain.

Really, this episode shows how bad JC staff choice was to be done with Komari before the LB group is complete: the relationship between Komari and the other members should be barely of acquaintances/"buddies", even if you factor Komari's penchant to befriend anyone within her range.
It just makes the whole point terribly mismatched with the purpose of the loops, and the way how Rin and Riki have to grow up. At this point, both had little troubles to encourage Komari in a way or another.

What shocked me the most was Riki's absolutely cool head nearly all the time in this episode: I would expect Riki to be really in a "WTF" state, and brooding/worrying about Komari for at least half an episode, due to how dreadful Komari's situation was, and how helpless he felt.
Likewise, Rin felt as if Komari was already her definite best friend and went full on supporting Riki without much issue.

I can't find all the words that describe how baffled I'm regarding how the scripters are handling the developments of the characters: nevermind the adaptation and faithfulness issues that people were always worrying about, I'm actually annoyed by the direction of the series right now.
Suffice to say, if they could bring a new aspect of LB, as a very united kick ass group of friends, I wouldn't complain about that, but even that aspect is hardly complimented with so few interactions and "events" that make you FEEL that they have a strong solidarity.
I have to admit, after watching the episode the second time, it doesn't make sense at all for Rin to be courageous enough to ask for Kud and Haruka's help. I expected Riki to get on his knees or something and beg Kyousuke for help or even start crying because he doesn't know what to do.
Old 2012-11-10, 20:12   Link #102
Snuffle
likes cute things

Quote:
I simply can't believe they went all their way with Rin in this episode: her reaction towards Komari was so strong it almost reminded me of "that" sequence in Refrain.
Although the buildup was lacking for their friendship, I'm actually glad they have decided to show more interaction between those two which I felt was lacking in the VN.

Quote:
Really, this episode shows how bad JC staff choice was to be done with Komari before the LB group is complete: the relationship between Komari and the other members should be barely of acquaintances/"buddies", even if you factor Komari's penchant to befriend anyone within her range.
It just makes the whole point terribly mismatched with the purpose of the loops, and the way how Rin and Riki have to grow up. At this point, both had little troubles to encourage Komari in a way or another.
The problem with episode 6 was not the episode itself, it was the buildup towards it. I thought this episode had a fairly well done execution for it's sped up pace, the problem is that Komari's arc came much too early for their level of friendship to make sense. If we had maybe two more episodes before Komari's story started, then this episode would've fit in pretty well.

Quote:
What shocked me the most was Riki's absolutely cool head nearly all the time in this episode: I would expect Riki to be really in a "WTF" state, and brooding/worrying about Komari for at least half an episode, due to how dreadful Komari's situation was, and how helpless he felt.
Likewise, Rin felt as if Komari was already her definite best friend and went full on supporting Riki without much issue.
I read your post before I watched the episode, so I was carefully searching for what you've stated here about Riki, and I'm just not seeing it. Is it possible you think that way because of the pacing?
If Rin was being all buddy buddy with Komari and trying to cheer her up personally, then I would agree with you. However, what we see is Rin helping Riki help Komari. Rin is using Riki as a bridge to her friend she is still trying to get comfortable with, I don't really find a problem with that. Now the ending where Rin hugs Komari was touching but at the same time out of place for their level of friendship, this is considering Rin's shy personality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzyworld2 View Post
I have to admit, after watching the episode the second time, it doesn't make sense at all for Rin to be courageous enough to ask for Kud and Haruka's help. I expected Riki to get on his knees or something and beg Kyousuke for help or even start crying because he doesn't know what to do.
Has Rin even met Kud before? I found that really strange that Rin was asking Kud for help considering it was never shown that she even knew her. And as I've stated before somewhere, Rin is most cautious of Haruka, it's much too strange for Rin to even be standing so close to her, much less even talk to her. Kud and Haruka are not even a part of Little Busters yet, it was extremely out of place for them to be helping IMO.
Old 2012-11-10, 20:26   Link #103
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snuffle View Post
The problem with episode 6 was not the episode itself, it was the buildup towards it. I thought this episode had a fairly well done execution for it's sped up pace, the problem is that Komari's arc came much too early for their level of friendship to make sense. If we had maybe two more episodes before Komari's story started, then this episode would've fit in pretty well.
That's exactly what I said as the first sentence: the placement is way too early. So basically, the timing is just a gigantic failure on that regard.
Quote:
I read your post before I watched the episode, so I was carefully searching for what you've stated here about Riki, and I'm just not seeing it. Is it possible you think that way because of the pacing?
If Rin was being all buddy buddy with Komari and trying to cheer her up personally, then I would agree with you. However, what we see is Rin helping Riki help Komari. Rin is using Riki as a bridge to her friend she is still trying to get comfortable with, I don't really find a problem with that. Now the ending where Rin hugs Komari was touching but at the same time out of place for their level of friendship, this is considering Rin's shy personality.
Not a single time Riki panicked in this episode. At the very most, he couldn't get how the situation could turn like that after Komari left his room. Really, the difference is quite noticeable: whereas Riki was initially helpless, often wondering what he should do (which is part of his "girlish" traits) in the vn, he was deadly calm in the anime, even moreso when Komari snapped on the street.

And what bothers me the most with Rin is that she -does- interact with Kudo and other characters for Komari's sake, despite she hardly have enough interactions with Komari, let alone the other characters (evenin the VN, Rin couldn't really talk straight to Kudo the very first time, despite being the most harmless girl in the non original Little Busters).
By definition, Rin has huge troubles to deal with strangers, and it took time for her to talk normally to any non original LB members.
Old 2012-11-10, 20:30   Link #104
Team Rocket Elite

Rin and Kud were roommates so they've met before. They didn't talk with each other match but they definitely knew each other.
Old 2012-11-10, 20:31   Link #105
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Rocket Elite View Post
Rin and Kud were roommates so they've met before. They didn't talk with each other match but they definitely knew each other.
Since when Rin and Kudo were roomates anyway?
Old 2012-11-10, 20:36   Link #106
Team Rocket Elite

IIRC due to renovations or something Kud got temporarily assigned to Rin's room before moving to a different room and having Riki help her find a new roommate.
Old 2012-11-10, 20:57   Link #107
Balzac
Assistant Professor

Confirming Team Rocket Elite's statement.

Carry on with the discussion.
Old 2012-11-10, 21:00   Link #108
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

I didn't exactly remember the exact time frame and period, but yeh it did happen, although even being acquainted is hardly enough for Rin to deal with someone, as shown several times in the story.
I wouldn't be surprised if both hardly had any greetings, let alone discussions beyond 1-2 lines.
Old 2012-11-10, 21:24   Link #109
Snuffle
likes cute things

Quote:
Not a single time Riki panicked in this episode. At the very most, he couldn't get how the situation could turn like that after Komari left his room. Really, the difference is quite noticeable: whereas Riki was initially helpless, often wondering what he should do (which is part of his "girlish" traits) in the vn, he was deadly calm in the anime, even moreso when Komari snapped on the street.
As a whole, I felt the way Riki was portrayed in this episode was acceptable, not good, but acceptable. But, if we're going scene by scene, then that's different, the lack of consistency shows.

In the beginning out in the rain, I agree, he's much too calm for what his personality should be at this stage. While in his room, the only thing he could do is listen and think and not take action to make things better, which is what his weak self usually does.

Next we have him in the lunchroom with the rest of the team. Here he displays for the first time IIRC that he doesn't really have the courage to face his problems, much less help others with theirs. He tries to run away but Kousuke stops him with his little speech which gives Riki a push towards becoming stronger. It's much too subtle but at least it's being hinted at...

BTW, I couldn't help but laugh at when Kousuke was watching Riki outside his room when he was drawing. It was like "Fu fu fu, my plan is progressing."
Old 2012-11-10, 21:37   Link #110
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

After watching the subbed episode I don't have much to add to what Klashikari said...
Nearly every scene Rin was in annoyed me...just the way she took action to "help Riki help Komari", the way she seemed to so naturally interact to Kud, Haruka and even Anego and the hug at the end. God, the hug at the head was so incredibly bad, don't get me wrong, it was touching...but like it was said, it was so out of place considering Rin's shyness and the little interaction she had with Komari (How long has Komari been in the LB by now? 3, 4 days?).

Riki's strength bugged me as well...but it's nothing new considering he's seemed stronger than he should be since the second episode...still annoys me though. He never once doubted if he should just go along with the whole Onii-chan thing, he never freaked out about anything, he just seemed like he was on the ball most of the time and Kyousuke's words took care of what little was left.

Where was the Grandpa's story about his wife? I always felt it served perfectly to show Riki what would happen if he accepted her calling him Onii-chan...then again he seemed already so fucking mentally stronger that it would be useless >_>

And of course...no loops after each girl is now pretty much confirmed.

I really don't get why they are making such changes, they have more than 26 episodes to work with so it's not from a lack of time...I can't even enjoy the episodes anymore, honestly I'm just in it to see how much they butcher Anego's route...kinda like watching a train wreck, it's horrible but you just can't look away.

Well...at least they didn't pull a Majikoi here...that's a plus.
Old 2012-11-11, 05:21   Link #111
Meltyred

no loops...
Sigh, I hope they won't mess up later on then...
Old 2012-11-11, 05:27   Link #112
ronelm2000
Moe Kyun~!

*shrugs*

Komari Arc just feels rushed for me. Not the build-up, but the BSOD. I didn't have enough impact. (reference ftw) But, Ep 6 had 50% of its VN impact, and that's "good". Not the best, but "good".

Also...check the list!

Code:
<<Required Points>>
[X] 3-cour MINIMUM
[X] Omnibus / Continuous Format w/ Skipped Parts
[X] Required Details (Mention / Flashback / Short Sequence)
>>> [X] Battle Rankings 
>>> [X] Baseball Practice
>>> [ ] "Shaka-Shaka Hey!" Special Emphasis
>>> [ ] Rin vs Unidentified Lifeforms
>>> [ ] Kick the Can
>>> [ ] Stage Play Ideas
>>> [ ] (Can be "Last Playthrough" Only) LB wins the Baseball Match
>>> [X] Ripples of Thoughts at EP 1
[X] New versions of:
>>> [X] Alicemagic
>>> [X] Little Busters!
[X] No changes to:
>>> [X] Komari's VA
>>> [X] Rin's VA
>>> [X] Kud's VA
>>> [X] Kurugaya's VA
[ ] Refrain is handled w/ care (at least one of the main points)
>>> [ ] a KyoAni adaptation of 2nd season
>>> [ ] a KyoAni movie adaptation of 1st season
>>> [ ] Perfect 1+-cour season 
[ ] OVAs (any one of the ff.)
>>> [ ] Kurugaya's True Route OVA
>>> [ ] Muscle Sensation OVA
>>> [ ] Kud Wafter OVA
[ ] Special EDs at the end of the Arc
>>> [ ] Mio
>>> [ ] Kurugaya
>>> [ ] Haruka
>>> (Added for plus points) [X] Komari

<<Bonus Points>>
[ ] EX Routes (in the form of OVA / Episodes)
>>> [ ] Kanata
>>> [ ] Sasami
>>> [ ] Saya (Can NEVER be an OVA btw.)
[ ] Unnecessary Points (will be expanded soon)
>>> [ ] Kurugaya's Advice to everyone
>>> [ ] Mio and the Science Club
>>> [ ] At least one cameo of the extra chars. before the Arcs.
>>> [ ] Fix Kurugaya Arc + Rin Arc 's <IjustwantRiki> character
>>> [ ] Mention the "For some reason I can't go to <place>"
>>> [ ] The Big Cat during Baseball Practice / Rin's Arc (I don't know its name though)
>>> [ ] Haruka and the Apocalypse Scenario
>>> [ ] Display Stats (Like Arm Power, etc.)
[ ] 4-cour
[X] Visuals Consistency (Reason: it's consistently average on average eps and great on key ones.)
Old 2012-11-11, 13:37   Link #113
Tenoia
Leaps and Bounds Away

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
Where was the Grandpa's story about his wife? I always felt it served perfectly to show Riki what would happen if he accepted her calling him Onii-chan...then again he seemed already so fucking mentally stronger that it would be useless >_>
Yeah, this was my biggest upset with the episode. You could tell that from Riki's reactions to being called Onii-chan that it wasn't supposed to be a good thing at all, but Kojirou's story would have greatly cemented this feeling. Oh well, Komari's arc is done now so all we can do is look forward.

Quote:
honestly I'm just in it to see how much they butcher Anego's route...kinda like watching a train wreck, it's horrible but you just can't look away.
I'm kind of with you here. Though, from what I can remember about Anego's route, is there really anything that CAN be butchered from her route?
Old 2012-11-11, 15:28   Link #114
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenoia View Post
I'm kind of with you here. Though, from what I can remember about Anego's route, is there really anything that CAN be butchered from her route?
Anego, Mio and Kud's are probably the three routes most easily and most horribly butchered IMHO.

It seems they are going with the "No Romance" approach...and we are talking about routes where Riki's romance with the girls are incredibly important. Plus with no loops, I even wonder how they will work with Anego's route. What about the final resolution of Kud's route? She gets taken and imprisoned, left to die and frees herself and then goes back to school like nothing happened?

I really wanna see how they will do all the routes without loops...
Old 2012-11-12, 06:42   Link #115
ronelm2000
Moe Kyun~!

Quote:
Anego, Mio and Kud's are probably the three routes most easily and most horribly butchered IMHO.

It seems they are going with the "No Romance" approach...and we are talking about routes where Riki's romance with the girls are incredibly important. Plus with no loops, I even wonder how they will work with Anego's route. What about the final resolution of Kud's route? She gets taken and imprisoned, left to die and frees herself and then goes back to school like nothing happened?

I really wanna see how they will do all the routes without loops...
I'm actually expecting JC to end the facade in around Ep 14, and actually put a clue that they're repeating this "never-ending ripple dream".
Old 2012-11-16, 05:51   Link #116
Mcfart

Quote:
After watching the subbed episode I don't have much to add to what Klashikari said...
Nearly every scene Rin was in annoyed me...just the way she took action to "help Riki help Komari", the way she seemed to so naturally interact to Kud, Haruka and even Anego and the hug at the end. God, the hug at the head was so incredibly bad, don't get me wrong, it was touching...but like it was said, it was so out of place considering Rin's shyness and the little interaction she had with Komari (How long has Komari been in the LB by now? 3, 4 days?).

Riki's strength bugged me as well...but it's nothing new considering he's seemed stronger than he should be since the second episode...still annoys me though. He never once doubted if he should just go along with the whole Onii-chan thing, he never freaked out about anything, he just seemed like he was on the ball most of the time and Kyousuke's words took care of what little was left.

And of course...no loops after each girl is now pretty much confirmed.

I really don't get why they are making such changes, they have more than 26 episodes to work with so it's not from a lack of time...I can't even enjoy the episodes anymore, honestly I'm just in it to see how much they butcher Anego's route...kinda like watching a train wreck, it's horrible but you just can't look away.

Well...at least they didn't pull a Majikoi here...that's a plus.
Well, in the second episode, Riki has a "flashback" of all the routes+Refrain. Now I don't think this is true, but if Refrain already happened, then that would explain Rin's closeness with everyone.

However, they would have to answer other questions if Refrain already happened like..why are they still there?
Old 2012-11-16, 08:53   Link #117
ronelm2000
Moe Kyun~!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcfart View Post
Well, in the second episode, Riki has a "flashback" of all the routes+Refrain. Now I don't think this is true, but if Refrain already happened, then that would explain Rin's closeness with everyone.

However, they would have to answer other questions if Refrain already happened like..why are they still there?
Eh, are u sure it included Refrain scenes? I didn't saw one afaik
Old 2012-11-17, 15:21   Link #118
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Episode 7 was quite terrible:
They decided to finally show what happens after a battle, but it makes the previous ones a little... more random since you didn't have any consistent follow up.

But what makes a bigger problem was how Haruka was introduced: instead of having the trickster lurking around and pulling pranks left and right, it feels she "suddenly" is on rampage, as her presence was barely there prior episode 7. What is worse is how they literally skipped Yuiko and Haruka's interactions: there is no way for people to realize that they knew each other prior enrolling in the LB, and it will be even weirder for Haruka to call her "anego" in the future, if they literally skipped their "first onscreen interaction".

They really pushed too much on Haruka's routes aspect, which made Kanata sort of a device than a character on her own. Suffice to say, I'm not exactly expecting a lot with how linear they went with this mess.

Also, Riki is... nearly stronger than Refrain Riki as far as I'm concerned: the way they made Horie voicing Riki during his confrontation with Kanata was so coarse that you would wonder why Riki needs character development.
Old 2012-11-17, 19:18   Link #119
Team Rocket Elite

Haruka not reacting to Kurugaya at all was a bit weird. However, they can still go over their relationship later on.

Shaka-shaka-hey was supposed to take place when Rin attempted to recruit Haruka. I wonder if they'll just make up a different excuse for Haruka to give Rin a tambourine.
Old 2012-11-17, 21:49   Link #120
Linkark07
Yokoso Gypsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronelm2000 View Post
Eh, are u sure it included Refrain scenes? I didn't saw one afaik
As far as I remember the scene in which Riki and Rin defeat Masato was in those flashbacks. I think. But yeah, even if that isn't the one there is a Refrain part on those flashbacks.
Closed Thread