AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Soul Eater

Notices

Old 2008-04-20, 18:26   Link #1061
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

My next trace project.

-->

Sorry if the wallie has already been posted. I am just including it here for the sake of a quick comparison.
Old 2008-04-20, 18:38   Link #1062
BearShare
I'm a commin'
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel E. View Post
My next trace project.

-->

Sorry if the wallie has already been posted. I am just including it here for the sake of a quick comparison.
Looks great. Looking forward to the finished product.
BearShare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-20, 19:08   Link #1063
Nenkitsune

Send a message via AIM to Nenkitsune Send a message via Yahoo to Nenkitsune
Black Star= The new Naruto.
the kid even SOUNDS like him

もいちど。。。
Nenkitsune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-20, 19:11   Link #1064
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

I quite like Black Star as a character. I see some awesome potentional in him, and i look forward to that being unlocked as we progress with the series.
Old 2008-04-20, 19:17   Link #1065
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Much props to KiNA for giving me the 411 on this series...This series is sick!! I love the animation which seems to be a mixture of One Piece and Bleach only much crisper and clean...The characters are indeed basic so far, but this show is about style over substance and that style is one to behold...The Opening theme scenes are so tight I nearly choked on my beer because I was focusing on the screen so hard over my own sipping abilities^^...The action sequences are so rich with those irregularities in the animation that made shows like FLCL, Gurren-Tengen, and Noien so visually unique..I hope this series is pretty long because I can't get enuff of it's visual Kool-aid...

God, as much as the big franchise shonen's are making you'd think they could produce a 10-12 episode arc on the level Soul Eater has shown in only 2 episodes..Keep it up...
Old 2008-04-20, 19:33   Link #1066
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nenkitsune View Post
Black Star= The new Naruto.
the kid even SOUNDS like him
I am the God (Black Star)
I'm Going to be the Hokage ( Naruto)

Sounds similar doesn't it
Old 2008-04-20, 19:55   Link #1067
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
I hope this series is pretty long because I can't get enuff of it's visual Kool-aid...
No need to worry there, we have 51 episodes in total.

A whole year of Soul Eater.
Old 2008-04-20, 20:16   Link #1068
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Black Star is so much more than Naruto, people, honestly...
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-20, 20:28   Link #1069
Zoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Black Star is so much more than Naruto, people, honestly...
Naruto is so much more than people claim Naruto to be.

The comparison is very appropriate, IMO.
Zoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-20, 20:29   Link #1070
iwubanime
FMP wubber

Has anyone read anything on whether the uncut version will have anything different than the regular version? I want to know if I should bother watching it...

I was a little annoyed at first with this episode, until I read that the first three episodes will all be sort of an "intro to" certain characters.
iwubanime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-20, 20:30   Link #1071
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I don't *think* anyone is equating the two series (though there are superficial parallels I suppose...). If I thought there was a lot of similarity, I'd simply not be here or watching the series (I've seen plenty of the other to form an educated opinion). But there is obviously some skewering of the "insane ego" character archetype with Black Star --- and the potential is having him learn to channel that "enthusiasm" about himself into something useful.
Each character in this series is kind of twist on the "usual archetype"... so if Blackstar's personality matures as we move along, that's a very good sign.
Old 2008-04-20, 21:03   Link #1072
Dove

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
I certainly admit I grit my teeth when he's onscreen -- the connection to N***to explains why.... those kind of people just get everyone around them killed
Fortunately, Tsubaki being onscreen keeps me from fastforwarding. Everything else looking quite lovely though it appears Death Kid may just be a teeny bit neurotic, ya think?
That is one of Soul Eater's strength. Each character is a parody of it's archetype or some odd twist on one.
Dove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-20, 21:09   Link #1073
Zoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by iwubanime View Post
Has anyone read anything on whether the uncut version will have anything different than the regular version? I want to know if I should bother watching it...
So far they've been exactly the same. The only changes have been voice-over jokes on top of recycled footage during the eye-catches and previews.

Quote:
I was a little annoyed at first with this episode, until I read that the first three episodes will all be sort of an "intro to" certain characters.
Yes, the first three chapters are prologues that were published long before the series actually started.

Keep in mind that there will still be "introduction" episodes following the prologues, but they'll be of the more standard variety.
Zoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-20, 21:14   Link #1074
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

I'll be damn, If the intro episodes are considered the "weak ones", I'll probably end up pissing my pants once the serious stuff begins.
Old 2008-04-20, 21:44   Link #1075
FateAnomaly

I don't like Black star either but Tsubaki is my fav char in the series. Why does she have to be paired with an idiot like him... Although all the male in the series have some personality problems. If only she could pair with Maka.
FateAnomaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-20, 22:20   Link #1076
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
Much props to KiNA for giving me the 411 on this series...This series is sick!! I love the animation which seems to be a mixture of One Piece and Bleach only much crisper and clean...The characters are indeed basic so far, but this show is about style over substance and that style is one to behold...The Opening theme scenes are so tight I nearly choked on my beer because I was focusing on the screen so hard over my own sipping abilities^^...The action sequences are so rich with those irregularities in the animation that made shows like FLCL, Gurren-Tengen, and Noien so visually unique..I hope this series is pretty long because I can't get enuff of it's visual Kool-aid...

God, as much as the big franchise shonen's are making you'd think they could produce a 10-12 episode arc on the level Soul Eater has shown in only 2 episodes..Keep it up...

You are very much welcome

And as Shiroth say, this series is schedule for 51/52 episodes and the journey start in 2 episode

Enjoy the ride ^^
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-20, 23:14   Link #1077
RyougaElliot
Dancing Madly

I'd say that Black Star is closer in words to Kamina, at least in how he talks about himself and others.

He's a pompous bastard, but unlike Naruto (Cept under certain circumstances), Black Star almost always has the power to back his words. And it's his unique way of pushing himself toward his own hefty standards.
RyougaElliot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-21, 00:55   Link #1078
Nenkitsune

Send a message via AIM to Nenkitsune Send a message via Yahoo to Nenkitsune
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel E. View Post
I'll be damn, If the intro episodes are considered the "weak ones", I'll probably end up pissing my pants once the serious stuff begins.
and as long as the animation standards stay as they are I will be VERY happy.

Now that I think about it. Black Star is a cross between Naruto and Kamina. He kinda looks like Kamina, and has that huge ego that he can do everything and boasts like kamina, but at the same time he has that extreme immaturity and attitude i suppose you can say, like naruto.

Death Scythe (Maka's father) Is one of my favorite characters right now.
He's Shinigami-sama's DEATH SCYTHE and he acts the way he does. it's the total opposite of his position haha.

But I think I like Maka more. she's too cute and her voice makes me squee

もいちど。。。
Nenkitsune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-21, 01:01   Link #1079
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nenkitsune View Post
Death Scythe (Maka's father) Is one of my favorite characters right now.He's Shinigami-sama's DEATH SCYTHE and he acts the way he does. it's the total opposite of his position haha.
Yeah he is my favorite character too : ) He is a cliche dad character but immensly enjoyable . Till now he is the coolest male character shown . He probably uses his goofy attitude to mask his pure awesomeness .

Speaking about familia I am curious to know/see Maka's mom
Old 2008-04-21, 01:04   Link #1080
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
He probably uses his goofy attitude to mask his pure awesomeness .
Well, he follows the footstep of Shinigamisama, who we can safely assumed as the strongest character just from his position title alone
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, death the kid, shounen, soul eater