AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-06-15, 16:57   Link #1321
fanimanga

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHINOBI-03 View Post
Any idea how far the old anime went along the run of the manga? Maybe the results are based on their portrayal in the anime?
Check out manga / 1999 anime timeline here: http://comipress.com/article/2007/02/11/1492
fanimanga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-15, 18:37   Link #1322
Clarste
Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanimanga View Post
Ah, that part. My mistake. I thought you're talking about the 5th exam.

Still, that's not enough "action" to warrant him a huge difference between his place and the next one (3rd) compared to the small difference between his place and the former one (1st). I still stand on his pretty boy looks + intelligence (cool looks) than him having cool "parts" in the manga.
It's not about action, it's about attitude. He's not intimidated by Hisoka and can reasonably defend himself against him. This is a measure of popularity, so attitude is one of the most important traits.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-16, 02:30   Link #1323
fanimanga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarste View Post
It's not about action, it's about attitude. He's not intimidated by Hisoka and can reasonably defend himself against him. This is a measure of popularity, so attitude is one of the most important traits.
Really? I think he was pretty intimidated as he you know, ran away (which is a smart thing to do) as oppose to going back and taking Hisoka on (which is a brave but stupid thing to do). If he hadn't gone back for Leorio, there is a strong possibility that he will have the same fate as the other guy (Cherry?) who ran away too.

As for him blocking Hisoka's attack, it's kind of meh. It's just a straight-on simple attack like his (Hisoka's) attack on Satotz OR Gidou's straight on attack to Gon last episode. As I've already seen how cool Satotz caught the cards barehanded, Kurapika blocking the cards pales in comparison (w/c made me forget that he did that). Also, since Kurapika has superhuman qualities too like Gon (acute hearing, fast reflex) and he already seen Hisoka's attack early on, he should not have trouble blocking a "simple" attack like that. But I guess since this occurred real early in the manga, it's kind of cool to many.

Personally, Kurapika's attitude in the Hunter exam prior to the 4th segment comes across as an arrogant, know-it-all, indecisive (lack conviction) bugger with a tragic past; but hey, at least he's not emo. No offense to the Kurapika fans.

That being said, he was the one who changed the most during the Hunter exam. IMO
fanimanga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-16, 03:09   Link #1324
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

We don't know why ok, he just is the most popular.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-16, 23:15   Link #1325
OPN

Very good episode. They changed how some stuff happened but the stuff they changed were minor but better then what the manga did for those scenes. The animation in this episode was also quite good and makes me look forward to the next arc.
OPN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-16, 23:24   Link #1326
Funkatron
Highly irregular

SCHWING
Spoiler:

But seriously, wow. That was solid fighting animation and they haven't used any real nen abilities yet. Love this anime more and more
Funkatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-17, 00:36   Link #1327
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Seriously - wow is right. Anyone who has issues with the way that fight was staged, please line up to get your head examined.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-17, 00:55   Link #1328
NJZanDatsu

Holy.... shit... now that... was worth the wait. The hatsu training was very good, and I really liked the part when Gon breaks the glass. Okay, now for the fight... it was terrific! and the animation was GODLIKE yo! and Hisoka's shining crotch!

Gon's punch was the highlight of the episode for me, and then after the epic punch connected... the ending music played... I need to see the rest of the fight NOAW!!

I'm totally going all fanboy right now
11/10

*Schwing!
NJZanDatsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-17, 00:57   Link #1329
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

wow, this episode was amazing, god, Dat animation!!.
Old 2012-06-17, 01:34   Link #1330
leokiko

Epic.

20/10.
leokiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-17, 02:42   Link #1331
EroKing

Oh man, wasn't expecting this level of animation. 9001/10!!!
Old 2012-06-17, 04:13   Link #1332
SHINOBI-03

A magnificent episode. Let's see how it holds up...

Spoiler for Episode 35 - Anime vs Manga:

Spoiler for Episode 35 - Old vs New:
SHINOBI-03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-17, 05:00   Link #1333
Dagger
Nitro+ fan

Hot damn. That fight was a thing of beauty... I kind of want to go back and watch it about twenty more times now. Absolutely exceeded my expectations.
Old 2012-06-17, 05:21   Link #1334
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

I like how in this story, despite Gon's rapid advancement, they continue to emphasize the gap in skill between Gon and Hisoka, yet also the fact that Gon is advancing rapidly.

And now we know what that hexagon in the ending means. So if we're to go by the ending, then as has been revealed, Gon is an enhancer and Killua is a transmuter. Killua's and Leorio's places on the hexagon imply they are Conjurer and Emitter, respectively.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-17, 05:56   Link #1335
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkatron View Post
SCHWING
Spoiler:

But seriously, wow. That was solid fighting animation and they haven't used any real nen abilities yet. Love this anime more and more
They kept it! They kept it! Ahahaha! They kept it! I was afraid this scene would be axed by the censors but they kept it!

Score one for the 2011 version.

That aside, the nen explanations were handled very well, as usual with this series. They also did a good job at showing the progression of the training.

And HOT-DAMN that combat animation!
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-17, 06:20   Link #1336
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
As everyone else said, animation was f*kn AMAZING!!! Def one of the most important fights in HxH's storyline, and I'm glad Madhouse isn't pulling the punches(hah!) for the animation for it.

Also,
Spoiler for GI spoilers:

frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-17, 06:27   Link #1337
SHINOBI-03

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post

Spoiler for GI spoilers:
Spoiler for Explanation:
Old 2012-06-17, 06:44   Link #1338
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Quote:
Spoiler for Explanation:
Oh I see, you're right. I think the translation from the 1999 series worded it as such, but today's episode did say it as you said. I just misread it =0p.

frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-17, 06:46   Link #1339
Arkeus

Quote:
As everyone else said, animation was f*kn AMAZING!!! Def one of the most important fights in HxH's storyline, and I'm glad Madhouse isn't pulling the punches(hah!) for the animation for it.

Also,
Spoiler for GI spoilers:
Quote:
Spoiler for Explanation:
Spoiler:
Arkeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-17, 07:01   Link #1340
SHINOBI-03

Quote:
Oh I see, you're right. I think the translation from the 1999 series worded it as such, but today's episode did say it as you said. I just misread it =0p.

Spoiler for To compare translations::

Tags
action, shounen