AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Valkyria Chronicles

Notices

View Poll Results: Valkyria Chronicles - Episode 4 Rating
Perfect 10 11 19.64%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 10 17.86%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 17 30.36%
7 out of 10 : Good 10 17.86%
6 out of 10 : Average 6 10.71%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 3.57%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-05-02, 01:48   Link #101
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by dago2682 View Post
@serenade_beta hmm,so are you saying that the complete change in the personality of alicia is a small change?
or what about the lack of screentime for Isara?
She plays a vital role in the game an yet the anime ignores her as if she was a support character.

I´m not liking this because it causes missconeptions if i´m not mistaken you thought that Isara wasn´t an important character and 'people only wanted to see more of her because of her Seiyuu right?
The point is that the anime hasn't done anything wrong as an anime (besides, maybe having quick action scenes that end too quickly). It seems that, most of your complaints are not what they did wrong, but simply stuff they did differently. Like, "this isn't how it is in the game".
For instance, sure, Alicia might have a different personality, Isara isn't getting as much screentime, but how are the anime-watchers supposed to know that? But since you played the game, you do not like how they choose to do things differently. But I think it is difficult to consider those parts as the anime itself doing anything wrong, as a separate story/thing.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2009-05-02, 02:58   Link #102
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

I thought I would never see pantsu in an anime like this!

Epic win!

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2009-05-02, 07:49   Link #103
jwai

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
I thought I would never see pantsu in an anime like this!

Epic win!
It wasn't that much admittedly.
Old 2009-05-02, 08:09   Link #104
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
And so makes this the 4th good episode in a row. I am really enjoying this series so far and seeing how time always flies when watching this, I consider it captivating more or less. Even in an episode with minimal fighting, it still is interesting enough to easily hold your attention. Though they really should begin to introduce the rest of the cast squad soon...I see a few characters that stick out from Alicia's side and it would just be a shame to have them stay silent for the rest of the series

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2009-05-02, 11:13   Link #105
attobyte

Seen Maximilian and Selvaria scene in this ep. I thought, are they like Lelouch and C.C. (Code Geass) ? The funny part is that I couldn't realize that playing the game (probably because I heard the english dialogs) but hearing Maximilian's voice the first thing I said was "huh ?" in the best Metal Gear Solid serie style. In fact I gave a look above my head to see if the virtual interrogation '?' sign had also appeared.
Anyone else had a similar experience ?

Well, in the game Maximilian was a ...
Spoiler for Valkyria Chronicles PS3 game:

in both literal and figurative senses.

I hope the anime changes a few of Selvaria's choices, the chances are quite slim though.
Old 2009-05-02, 12:50   Link #106
shcfyd
snow is fluffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilla View Post
They did show it, when his comrades were being decimated and he bailed on them like the selfish coward that he was.
Yup, i think that would have been sufficient, but they included that weird intro with the lighting and everything when they were telling us about him...eh, i guess it's really not that bad xD
Old 2009-05-02, 14:34   Link #107
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Jun Fukuyama voicing Maximilian is so overated. Now Matthew Yang King, Max's English voice actor is way cooler since Matthew also voiced Illidan Stormrage.

Between a weak smartass teenager who hypnotizes people or a thousand year Blind Night Elf turn Demon, you can tell who's the true winner.
Old 2009-05-02, 19:31   Link #108
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

I find it funny how nobody in the regular army dons helmets. They all had them in the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
Between a weak smartass teenager who hypnotizes people or a thousand year Blind Night Elf turn Demon, you can tell who's the true winner.
Of all Illidan's awesomeness, he sure had his ass handed to him. To add salt to injury, he ended up hypnotizing himself into believing that he was the winner of the duel. Never mind that he cowered like a little pet before his master.

Between a smartass with a clear intention backed up by wits, or, a prideful Night Elf turned Demon, a coward who is not only blinded physically but mentally? You can tell who is the true winner.

On the other hand, if voice actors represent the power levels and awesomeness of characters, then may I nominate Masako Nozawa as the winner?

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.

Last edited by Tak; 2009-05-02 at 19:58.
Old 2009-05-03, 14:36   Link #109
SkoolRumble4Ya

Great episode! It was nice seeing Alicia blushing.
Old 2009-05-03, 15:10   Link #110
SwiftStrike
Reaching for the Heavens

ahaha so funny.
Old 2009-05-05, 08:30   Link #111
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
Jun Fukuyama voicing Maximilian is so overated. Now Matthew Yang King, Max's English voice actor is way cooler since Matthew also voiced Illidan Stormrage.

Actually, we're hearing it for a evil Watanuki ordering a somber Yuuko around. Oh, and he's Johnny from MGS. Yes, that Johnny. Having Johnny command Solid Snake and Big Boss is epic.

Last edited by yezhanquan; 2009-05-05 at 08:50.
Old 2009-05-05, 11:33   Link #112
don_Durandal
Zetsubou gunsou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
I find it funny how nobody in the regular army dons helmets. They all had them in the game.
Not too mention backpacks, armour and ammo pouches.

You can tell where the graphic budget is getting cut.
Old 2009-05-08, 03:26   Link #113
Amber.Dawn

Real men use guns, fists, and will power?
Old 2009-05-08, 09:43   Link #114
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amber.Dawn View Post
Real men use guns, fists, and will power?
While fighting naked, I suppose?

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2009-05-08, 10:22   Link #115
Runty

Quote:

- Tak
Lol, nice Contra reference.
Old 2009-05-08, 11:18   Link #116
Father Hentai

Quote:

- Tak
"naked body and underwear"?
Old 2009-07-15, 09:38   Link #117
raile
Retired Toaster
*Author

Just started watching Valkyria Chronicles and I just finished watching the fourth episode. So far the story is good (I wasn't bored or anything). I like all the characters so far--especially Faldio! XD His interactions with Alicia was very nice and lolsome to watch . Shall continue watching tomorrow.