AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fairy Tail

Notices

Old 2010-04-26, 23:35   Link #1261
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

You know.. it makes me wonder .. Can Popeye be consider as spinach dragon slayer?

>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-27, 00:40   Link #1262
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Yup, he's got the DS signature move: spinach breath
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-27, 04:49   Link #1263
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
So (help a non-FT manga reader with non-spoilers, here) in what sense are they meaningfully in the guild at all? I mean - say what you will about Phantom, but when Jose goes on his big mission of evil alll his homies suck it up and take one for the team. It's not like these FT guys enjoy the comaraderie of hanging out at the beer hall - if you don't socialize and don't fight when needed, how are you a member, exactly?
Well can't go into details for obvious reasons... but Luxus is the only real problem child amongst fair tail's strongest

Essentially, you have to take a wait and see approach... you have no details on these guys as of yet so you have no idea where they could be and thus have no idea what reason they could possible have for not being around at this crucial time. You just got to wait until you really meet them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jin Kizuite
I too think the flashbacks took way too much screentime it was overkill.
agreed... frankly i think the whole "natsu learning to read" thing went on too long... should have stopped after he was dragged away by Ezra... flashbacks like that should come in nice short clips, not long drawn out details
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-27, 05:20   Link #1264
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

I actually liked the flashback... of course that's probably mostly my Mirajane fanboyism clouding my judgment. Getting more Mirajane screentime is one of the things I love about the anime.

That said, putting on my editing glasses for a moment and try a more objective point of view I do agree they were longer than the manga version, and contained mostly scenes that weren't really needed. Though I'd argue that the placing of this flasback was at the right time and flowed well with the episode.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-27, 06:10   Link #1265
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

They are just padding the episode so it stopped at the right time ... Some peoples are just
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

Old 2010-04-27, 09:45   Link #1266
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Eh, they could have filled it up with random battle-scenes as well. The only miss in the flashbacks is the repeat of the Happy-hatching and Lisana's death. Re-using scenes is something you should only do with very good reason.
Old 2010-04-27, 10:26   Link #1267
DmonHiro

Send a message via Yahoo to DmonHiro
Actually, the Lisana death flashback was INCREDIBLE. It wasn't the same one as the last time, it was the last memory Natsu had about her, when she waved good-bye. I almost shed a tear when Natsu said "Have a good trip" at her grave. That was really touching.
DmonHiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-27, 11:08   Link #1268
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Hmm, true. Well, that just leaves the happy-hatching then.

I did like this episode overall though. The chainsword was awesome.

Last edited by Keroko; 2010-04-27 at 11:18.
Old 2010-04-27, 12:03   Link #1269
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Hmm, true. Well, that just leaves the happy-hatching then.
So you don't think Natsu should recall the birth of his best friend when the place of his birth is being destoryed right before his eyes?
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-27, 12:35   Link #1270
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

I think scenes shouldn't be repeated unless necessary. Especially when said scene was shown only a few episodes back. Natsu meeting Lucy was a far better repeat, after all we hadn't seen that scene since the first episode.

But like I said, that's with my editor's goggles. I did like the scene personally.
Old 2010-04-27, 13:41   Link #1271
Chase

episode 27 was awesome. Lucy's stellar was pretty funny.
Battlefield 4
Chase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-27, 14:08   Link #1272
grey_moon
Yummy, sweet and unyuu!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
I think scenes shouldn't be repeated unless necessary. Especially when said scene was shown only a few episodes back. Natsu meeting Lucy was a far better repeat, after all we hadn't seen that scene since the first episode.

But like I said, that's with my editor's goggles. I did like the scene personally.
I have to totally disagree. If the flashback was just about Lucy then it would have other connotations . Instead because all the flashbacks added together = Natsu's love for Fairy Tail rather then a focus on an individual.
Old 2010-04-27, 15:43   Link #1273
Clarste
Human

The point of the flashback was "this is my family, this is my home". I think most of it was necessary. They probably could've shortened each individual scene though and made it more of a montage. I'm not complaining though, I thought it was well done.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-27, 21:05   Link #1274
MechR

I, too, thought the flashbacks went on too long and broke the scene's momentum. They really should've stopped once the (first) sad background music ran out, if not earlier.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KiNA View Post
They are just padding the episode so it stopped at the right time ... Some peoples are just
Well, that's even worse, because thanks to the padding it stopped at a bad time. They should've ended with Natsu smashing Gazille through the building and saying "now we're even", which would've been gloriously cathartic, instead of making everyone wait a whole week for revenge. Even Lucy thought it was stupid.
MechR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-27, 23:33   Link #1275
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Stopping at bad time is a goddamn good cliffhanger... >.>

It ensures that next episode peoples *WILL* tuned in to watch what happened..
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

Old 2010-04-28, 01:53   Link #1276
grey_moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MechR View Post
I, too, thought the flashbacks went on too long and broke the scene's momentum. They really should've stopped once the (first) sad background music ran out, if not earlier.
Well, that's even worse, because thanks to the padding it stopped at a bad time. They should've ended with Natsu smashing Gazille through the building and saying "now we're even", which would've been gloriously cathartic, instead of making everyone wait a whole week for revenge. Even Lucy thought it was stupid.
Personally I thought that the flashbacks were great. To me they reinforced why Natsu was able to pony Gazille even though he was scaled up. Dragon powers, at least Natsu's have been shown to be driven by emotions and the flashbacks were a perfect nitro to justify Natsu's powerup.

I can't see how they could have been "shortened" as it would have just cheapened it imho. Linking in all of Natsu's important moments was very important to show what nerve that Gazille touched.

Quote:

+1
Old 2010-04-28, 03:06   Link #1277
MechR

Quote:

It's not a good cliffhanger when the hero's about to win. Where's the suspense in that?
MechR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-28, 04:55   Link #1278
blewin

Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_moon View Post
Personally I thought that the flashbacks were great. To me they reinforced why Natsu was able to pony Gazille even though he was scaled up. Dragon powers, at least Natsu's have been shown to be driven by emotions and the flashbacks were a perfect nitro to justify Natsu's powerup.

I can't see how they could have been "shortened" as it would have just cheapened it imho. Linking in all of Natsu's important moments was very important to show what nerve that Gazille touched.

+1
yeah, I really like the flashbacks too, particularly with Erza giving Natsu Spartan style lessons on writing. Plus, we can also see where Natsu comes from, a kid raised by a dragon. Living with humans isn't all smooth with Natsu.

The flashbacks really drive home the point that Fairy Tail is Natsu's Only home. He has nowhere else to go, which makes that emotional punch so much stronger.

I'm happy that they didn't make him go DBZ style, a surge of power from all his anger. Instead, we've Natsu eating fire to justify his power up. Really like that there.

Chrome Shelled Regios
blewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-28, 12:37   Link #1279
grey_moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by blewin View Post
I'm happy that they didn't make him go DBZ style, a surge of power from all his anger. Instead, we've Natsu eating fire to justify his power up. Really like that there.
Great point about that! But I do think that Natsu's state of mind allowed him to go toe to toe with Gazille even with his dragon form, once he ate the fire.

I think we have only had one real power up during the whole series which was Natsu learning how to control his flames against Erigor. Other then that its been how motivated he has been. Right now he has seen his clannies hurt, had a pep talk from Erza, and finally seeing his guild destroyed. Me thinks he is mighty pissed off atm
Old 2010-04-28, 15:33   Link #1280
chickdigger802

lol it's not like there aren't enough dbz references in this eps though.

ie: energy power up. 2 frames of punching to simulate fast combat etc.
chickdigger802 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, adventure, fantasy, shounen