AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-07-02, 22:09   Link #141
D-Gold
Aurum

I decided to watch this when I heard Kuroko VA was the narrator.

I think I fill follow the show since it seems interesting
Old 2010-07-02, 22:53   Link #142
Gordy Lechance

Nice "non-supernatural" twist on the Fractured Fairy-Tale.

And Arai Satomi's absolutely charming "Railgun's Kuroko meets Hayate's sarcastic voice in the sky" performance for the narrator is priceless.
Old 2010-07-02, 23:05   Link #143
asrielchase

Instantly hooked by the kitty punching gloves and Ookami-san.
Kuroko's narration was also made of win, I didn't like it when she voices other characters but in here it was perfect.
asrielchase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-02, 23:41   Link #144
Gordy Lechance

Best Kuroko-chan moments:

"Yes, this bank hands out favors, and then makes you pay them back in ways that would turn a loan shark pale."

"We're terribly sorry that we can only show you these pathetic breasts in what is supposed to be a fan-service scene... oops sorry!!"
Old 2010-07-02, 23:54   Link #145
Hypernova

Location: Virgo Supercluster, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Sol, Earth, Taiwan
That's one athletic Cinderella.

As for the shy dud obviously he levels up later as shown in the ed in this shot. His name is implied to be the hunter in the red riding hood story after all.
Spoiler for :

And I like Okami's uniform design. Nice thigh's hehe.

and of course:

Okami related but not really
Spoiler for WARNING! Prepare brain bleach:

Last edited by Hypernova; 2010-07-03 at 00:09.
Hypernova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-03, 00:01   Link #146
Crontica

All i want is for the main char TO LOSE THE PHOBIA!!!! Common Arararagi-sempai were did they drag you to!?
Old 2010-07-03, 00:21   Link #147
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuopidget View Post
I don't feel the main guy's too lame right now just cause I accept his "excuse".

At the bare minimum, this guy doesn't whimper in a disgusting manner in a corner after being rejected. Taking one week to confess with his phobia is already pretty courageous in my opinoin. Compare to generic romance protagonist who takes forever to confess due to his lack of ability to coherently convey his feelings to the person in a confident manner causing multiple misunderstandings leading to unnecessary drama Ryoushi is already acceptable in my book.

Phobia is different than your generic wimpiness.
No, he said that he tried to confess for a week which ended up in stalking action. It is just an attempt to deliver a confession which he already had been determined to deliver - so we don't know how long it took for him to actually decide to confess. Maybe a year or more with his pace.

Quote:
At the bare minimum, this guy doesn't whimper in a disgusting manner in a corner after being rejected.
Thats because he has no pride and just starts crying and clinging on the girl's leg, which prevented her from from rejecting him properly.

Quote:
Phobia is different than your generic wimpiness.
Yeah it is much more annoying and repetitive than just being a wimp.
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-03, 00:32   Link #148
Nina.Wolken
~~N/F~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix View Post
I love Arai as narrator! She pretty much makes the show.
[...]
The word "lame" comes to mind. Frankly like all male leads he's there for comic relief and filler in episodes. Each time a series needs more scenes in-between the "good stuff" they just get their pet clown (aka male lead) to do something [stupid].
Quote for great truth and agreement on every point!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crontica View Post
All i want is for the main char TO LOSE THE PHOBIA!!!! Common Arararagi-sempai were did they drag you to!?
I doubt he will lose it anytime soon. It may well be the point of the whole serie that he overcome the phobia like if it was the greatest achievement in the universe
Old 2010-07-03, 01:50   Link #149
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypernova View Post

and of course:

nice pokemon reference , I like Chamanda the best
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-03, 04:15   Link #150
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
i can't wait to see the characters from other J.C.Staff works like Index/Railgun & Toradora appeared as cameos in this show
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Patriot's Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-03, 05:00   Link #151
ZeKeR
Superbad

Quote:
That's one athletic Cinderella.

As for the shy dud obviously he levels up later as shown in the ed in this shot. His name is implied to be the hunter in the red riding hood story after all.
Spoiler for :

and of course:

Okami related but not really
Spoiler for WARNING! Prepare brain bleach:
i WAS right! that guy is definitely hiding something.... and basing from his stance and weapon used.... he's a natural sniper....
Old 2010-07-03, 06:34   Link #152
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeKeR View Post
i WAS right! that guy is definitely hiding something.... and basing from his stance and weapon used.... he's a natural sniper....
Well considering he knocked the knife from that thug's hand at the start of the episode it seemed pretty clear that Ryoushi has solid sniping skills. Do wonder when that aspect of him will be revealed since it doesn't seem like he'd bring it up himself.
Old 2010-07-03, 07:11   Link #153
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Akai Ringo = Red Apple? So who is her grandmother?

And since when is the Little Red Riding Hood a sadist (the last sadist depiction I have read is by a rhyme by Roald Dahl, where she keeps a revolver in her knickers and skins the wolf in the end to replace her red hood).

And the Prince of Cinderella enjoys being the sub? WTH???

Considering that Ookami means Wolf, isn't she supposed to eat Ringo? And if she does Ringo will poison her?

Spoiler for NSFW commentary:

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-03, 08:03   Link #154
ZeKeR
Superbad

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Well considering he knocked the knife from that thug's hand at the start of the episode it seemed pretty clear that Ryoushi has solid sniping skills. Do wonder when that aspect of him will be revealed since it doesn't seem like he'd bring it up himself.
heres what i would evaluate for that guy later on.....

accuracy: holy shit he could even disarm an opponent using only a rock with a well placed shot from a distance

dexterity: he needs it to match his OMFG accuracy

strength: HAH! well not on the level of ookami herself, but lets see.....

he might be in the archery club with that dead eye shot of his.... i won't be surprised if he could even be goddamn accurate in throwing knives

EDIT:
his forearm slingshot is hard to use. i had the same customized item like his and it had its drawbacks if you are not well versed in using ranged weapons save a gun.
Old 2010-07-03, 08:08   Link #155
scr
my sides are in orbit

Ouch my ears. Kuroko's "voice of heaven" is painful to listen to.
But then, the point of fairy tales is that they need to be read by someone, to someone else.
Otherwise they are not fairy tales, they are just some fictions.

The other explanation is that KurokoThe Narrator is really there, holding the camera.
If there's a Final Fantasy game that I must put my personal seal of disapproval on, it's Crisis Core. I mean, just look at how this Genesis Rhapsodos dude is raping the canon. It's bad. As in, fanfiction bad.
scr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-03, 08:11   Link #156
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Why? So far there isn't much to discuss, and what there is can easily be done in this one single thread.
Heh, want me to turn this thread into a 2000+ post nightmare? which is funny, because despite others lobbying for a sub forum for Dai Maou, it just didn't go through, and for good reason too considering the not-so-great finish that some of us were too pre-occupied to carry on the zaniness.

So I don't think a sub-forum is good either, although,

Quote:
I'm fighting the urge to explode in this growing fire within me everytime I see Ookami-chan's legs. It's no secret I'm a leg guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordy Lechance View Post
"We're terribly sorry that we can only show you these pathetic breasts in what is supposed to be a fan-service scene... oops sorry!!"
You know, I'll be laughing if this is some elaborate censor, in where this scene in the DVD might have full blown "great views" to make up for the rather... "flatness" of it all

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
I believe it was mentioned in the ep that he is from a line of hunters, so they might not be surprised, although they might have him work on that to be useful.
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-03, 08:17   Link #157
roankun
Tsundere Lover

I'm not used to 'old woman narration' voice, but I guess that's the way they go with fairy tales...

I first got interested in this because of the Taiga-look-alike, then I heard that Shizuka Itou and Kanae Itou are voicing, so I thought I'd give it a try...

IMO, the first episode was trying to be funny, but... I didn't really click with the humor. The boob jokes worked, though. ^^ I'm gonna be keeping my eye on this.

P.S. Is it really Ryoushi who threw that stone? I had thoughts that it was him, but why didn't he tell Okami about it?
roankun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-03, 10:53   Link #158
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Freebies.

. . .

. . .

. .
Old 2010-07-03, 13:46   Link #159
xris
Just call me Ojisan

REMINDER!

Can I remind everyone that this is in fact the Ookami-san to Shichinin no Nakama-tachi discussion thread and not the "Didn't you finish all of Toradora" interrogation thread.

While we don't mind some off-topic chatter, please do not derail the current topic by discussing some other series. Due to this a number of recent posts have now been deleted, if you wish to continue any off-topic discussion then use a Visitor or Private Message instead, don't drag this thread off-topic.

I'm going to issue Infractions and Warnings (in the future I may well start issuing short bans immediately without warning when the discussion drifts off-topic again).
xris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-03, 14:21   Link #160
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Spoiler for NSFW:

Honestly speaking, what are the roles the maid, the president and the secretary are playing with regards to fairy tales? I do know that the "inventor" is the classical witch from all them.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, romance, shounen