AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2005-01-01, 03:40   Link #1
Inferior

Anime Creators.

This thread is for people that is making Anime/Manga or anything of this sort related. If there is and needs to recruit, post here.

I am interested in joining people who is making their own anime. I can write Scripts or Plots. I can also do voices for characters. If there is someone who wants me in their Anime Creation, PM me.
Inferior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-01, 05:04   Link #2
megumidk
Chii ?

Hmm, would an anime inspired animation made outside japan not just be a cartoon, like Teen Titans and several Disney movies ?

Or is everything that glitters really gold ?
megumidk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-01, 06:02   Link #3
Tabiree
FUNimation's Gen Fukunaga

Don't you have to be Japanese to make Anime? I mean, Anime is basically the word for "Japanese Cartoon", so umm...

ugh

CARTOON WITH BIG EYED GIRLS AND KAWAII BOXU AND ROBOT ^_________^
Tabiree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-01, 07:47   Link #4
lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabiree
CARTOON WITH BIG EYED GIRLS AND KAWAII BOXU AND ROBOT ^_________^
Don't forget the copious amounts of teenage angst, half-assed philisophical tirades and pointless heavy-handed symbolism. Remember, even if its a show about a catgirl robot-maid who's in love with a teenage gundam pilot, its also a deeply insightful glance into the very esscence of our human nature.
lolicon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-02, 21:10   Link #5
DaFool
Resident devil

Inferior, what quality-level work and workload are you aiming at?

fan-made parodies (i.e. like the weird Flash h-games on newgrounds.com),

tributes and shorts (North-America-based independents who work anime-style like Dementia 7 studios, Terence Walker, etc.)

or professional animation (i.e. teen titans, etc.)

If you're based in NA, your best bet would be google for those independent studios who were inspired by anime and join them. Heck, if you live in Canada, get some funds from Telefilm Canada.

I was pleasantly surprised at seeing this thread, as I've been tossing about the idea of making my own anime. However, I don't have $2000 / min of cash to burn on hiring an outsource studio in China or India so that means I have to study the nitty-gritty of animation on my own.

If you're really serious, join a studio like I said before. I just happen to be lucky to be currently working with former Disney and Toei animators (*cough*, not the ones you see in the credits, but the keyframe animators who do most of the slaving away.)
DaFool is offline   Reply With Quote