AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2012-03-24, 09:36   Link #25081
duotiga
Zander Yuusha Kyorugold

Send a message via ICQ to duotiga Send a message via MSN to duotiga
while doing MG delta plus, decided to make MG Zeta v2 fly with the given launch stand

duotiga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-24, 12:05   Link #25082
Sir Dearka
Inglourious Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakubeX2 View Post
It's a beauty

Whilst I just gave up on Duel this is a must-have for me. Nicol, we remember!
Old 2012-03-24, 12:32   Link #25083
firefox
Seed seeder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Dearka View Post
It's a beauty

Whilst I just gave up on Duel this is a must-have for me. Nicol, we remember!
While i agree it is a beautiful model, it's also quite boring due to te fact that all it's weapons are on the shield. The nebula Blitz is actually design wise more attractive, but colorwise not so.

I have duel AS (still need to build it) but i hope we will get blue duel en eventuelly buster verde as they are way better lokking then the origionals

Last edited by firefox; 2012-03-24 at 14:31.
firefox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-24, 13:23   Link #25084
Appel

Quote:
Originally Posted by firefox View Post
While i agree it is a beautiful model, it's also quite boring due to te fact that all it's weapons are on the shield. The nebra Blitz is actually design wise more attractive, but colorwise not so.

I have duel AS (still need to build it) but i hope we will get blue duel en eventuelly buster verde as they are way better lokking then the origionals
the probability that we will get them is rather high. we all know how much bandai loves to recycle models or at least their frames.
it might take a while but im pretty sure that we will get a verde buster, blue duel and nebra blitz.
Appel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-24, 13:24   Link #25085
suiton629
Master Grade Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appel View Post
the probability that we will get them is rather high. we all know how much bandai loves to recycle models or at least their frames.
it might take a while but im pretty sure that we will get a verde buster, blue duel and nebra blitz.
So...Exia R2 in MG form?
Old 2012-03-24, 13:53   Link #25086
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
While i agree it is a beautiful model, it's also quite boring due to te fact that all it's weapons are on the shield. The nebra Blitz is actually design wise more attractive, but colorwise not so.
Not as boring as Strike, 0 Gundam, or Age-1 Normal. Heck, I'd take MG Blitz over MG Force Impulse or Destiny anytime.
Old 2012-03-24, 13:55   Link #25087
suiton629
Master Grade Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Not as boring as Strike, 0 Gundam, or Age-1 Normal. Heck, I'd take MG Blitz over MG Force Impulse or Destiny anytime.
What's so boring about MG Age-1 Normal? o_O

I just got that from my good buddies over at GG Infinite. =D
Old 2012-03-24, 14:01   Link #25088
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxnike629xx View Post
What's so boring about MG Age-1 Normal? o_O
For me, it's the color scheme, the standard (read: boring) weapons, and the overall design except the head. Heck, If I have to choose, I'd pick HG Psycho Gundam over MG Age-1 Normal if not for the price.
Old 2012-03-24, 14:12   Link #25089
firefox
Seed seeder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Strike can exchange weapon packs, impulse can split into 3 fly units, destiny has more weapon options then most series gundams combined....

Don't get me wrong, i like Blitz, just he has not the options most others have, you can't put a saber it its hands, you can't store his gun on the back, you can eject the shield but that leaves him almost weaponless, so he's limited in comparison
firefox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-24, 14:14   Link #25090
suiton629
Master Grade Master

Age-1 Normal has that whole classic feel like RX-78-2... 0 Gundam is also like that yet you feel like it's not boring?

o_O

That's illogical...baka yaro...kono yaro!!
Old 2012-03-24, 14:33   Link #25091
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Age-1 Normal has that whole classic feel like RX-78-2... 0 Gundam is also like that yet you feel like it's not boring?

o_O

Dude, before you insult me with harsh words, did you even paid any attention to my post? I said that 0 Gundam is as boring as AGE-1 Normal. That's my personal opinion. If you don't share it, just ignore it. Don't bother arguing with me. Yet you said I'm stupid for not sharing what you like? What are you? 5-year-old kid?
Old 2012-03-24, 14:34   Link #25092
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

AGE-1 could be considered boring because it's a clone of the RX-78-2. Same with the 0 Gundam, but the 0 Gundam at least has a non-standard color scheme, plus a wings of light gimmick to somewhat set it apart--something which the 0 Gundam A.C.D. Type lacks by being a more traditional RX-78-2 clone.
Old 2012-03-24, 14:38   Link #25093
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Same with the 0 Gundam, but the 0 Gundam at least has a non-standard color scheme, plus a wings of light gimmick to somewhat set it apart--something which the 0 Gundam A.C.D. Type lacks by being a more traditional RX-78-2 clone.
Ah, I meant the 0 ACD Type. I actually like the 0 Gundam Roll-Out-Color scheme and wing-of-light.
Old 2012-03-24, 14:45   Link #25094
suiton629
Master Grade Master

Wish they did MG Exia R2 and MG 0 Gundam Type ACD with wings of light..

Oh man~ That'd be epic!
Old 2012-03-24, 14:55   Link #25095
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Strike can exchange weapon packs, impulse can split into 3 fly units, destiny has more weapon options then most series gundams combined....

Don't get me wrong, i like Blitz, just he has not the options most others have, you can't put a saber it its hands, you can't store his gun on the back, you can eject the shield but that leaves him almost weaponless, so he's limited in comparison
Ah sorry, I kinda missed your post back then .

For me, what makes a mecha interesting is the basic design first, then the color scheme, then weapons comes later. Transformable & exchangeable feature is just a bonus for me. Just like I like Liger Zero from Zoids purely from the basic design and not especially due to its interchangeable weapons/armors. The many weapons a mecha possess does nothing to me if they’re presented in a bad way (like the clashing colors of Destiny’s Sword & Cannon compared to the main body’s color scheme ).

Also when I talked about Strike being boring, I meant the plain Strike without the packs (even though I don't fancy the packs that much). I do like it when it’s in deactive mode with only the knives or grand-slam though.
Old 2012-03-24, 15:01   Link #25096
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:

o_O

Thats actually a problem for me, same as Obe I'm not as fond of those models as alot of other people are.
Altho I do like the 0 Gundam but not the Type A.C.D

Being the original Gundam doesn't automatically make it desirable, which it isn't to me.
Yes I would get a RX-78 if just for the sake of having the original Gundam but tbh I'd rather spend my money on stuff I like and not just for the sake of it(unless I had the money to spare)

When picking a model to get theres alot to consider, like options, equipment and general build quality(that one being rather hard to judge until you actually build it yourself) but most important for me is I simply have to like the design of the MS itself.
You could have a gundam thats awesomely well built and has alot of options and equipment but it looks like a pigs dinner, I probably wouldn't get it.
For instance I love shoulder cannons, nothing says cool as much as big ass cannons strapped to the shoulders reason why I kinda like the RX-77 Guncannon but really besides the cannons the rest of it is not desirable at all hence why I won't be getting that model(still waiting on a MG loto or the Guntank from F-91 tho)
I kinda like some of the AGE stuff but it's simply geared to the kids too much for me to really jump aboard that train yet, like I've said many times before only interested in the G-EXE and G-Bonucer, they are cool.
Thats model wise, I'm actually really enjoying the anime, thats a different matter altogether tho
Old 2012-03-24, 18:07   Link #25097
maknaedik

It's called preference, they find it too simple and there's nothing we have to do about it. Complain or agree, nothing will change.

Anyway, looks like MG Marasai can bend like hell and does have a piece of plastic to support it. Thing is, I haven't seen it bend like this in the anime or I could have missed that.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net...75103949_n.jpg

Red Gunpla Reviews: http://redblondemean.wordpress.com

My Personal Blog: http://cmgaddict.wordpress.com
maknaedik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-24, 18:13   Link #25098
suiton629
Master Grade Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by maknaedik View Post
It's called preference, they find it too simple and there's nothing we have to do about it. Complain or agree, nothing will change.

Anyway, looks like MG Marasai can bend like hell and does have a piece of plastic to support it. Thing is, I haven't seen it bend like this in the anime or I could have missed that.

Probably just a gimmick they included. I don't really watch or enjoy UC series...

Anyway, for now, I will be saving up for MG Age kits and will be waiting for the MG 00 series kits I need to finish up the leads.

I collect leads and all available variants in MG, and if not in MG then the 1/100 NG. =P

I'm going to make a new video on my YouTube channel showing everything I got since I got 2 new kits thanks to my good buddies over at GG Infinite. =D
Old 2012-03-24, 18:13   Link #25099
casval cehack

Quote:
Originally Posted by maknaedik View Post

That's a huge action base attachment for a MS without a heavy backpack.
Old 2012-03-24, 18:20   Link #25100
~Destiny~
Tra La Laaaa~

Send a message via MSN to ~Destiny~
It's not really bending anymore than other current MGs can. Just the knees and hips that are bending.

The piece of plastic is for Action base so it can do that "dodging" pose, it even comes with a movable peg so you can display it in different angles.

Tags
gundam, gunpla, model kit, toy