AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Aquarion Series > Past Aquarion Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Aquarion EVOL - Episode 22 Rating
Perfect 10 6 16.22%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 7 18.92%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 8 21.62%
7 out of 10 : Good 4 10.81%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 10.81%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 2.70%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 2 5.41%
1 out of 10 : Painful 5 13.51%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-05-27, 14:01   Link #21
Zuul

Quote:
Originally Posted by mixordia View Post
Zessica always knew Amata never loved her, didn't see anything wrong with him to apologize, it was honest of her, finally Zessica seemed to understand and comply.
It's about common human decency. And he didn't demonstrate any here.
Old 2012-05-27, 14:08   Link #22
raziel12

lets just cross our fingers that a KH2 roxas and sora route won't come true in future episodes
Old 2012-05-27, 14:10   Link #23
Zuul

Quote:
Originally Posted by raziel12 View Post
lets just cross our fingers that a KH2 roxas and sora route won't come true in future episodes
Are you talking about the fusion..?

That's the thing I'm the most opposed to.

Homo selcest suicidal gattai to save the world, I can live with, but not the fusion.
Old 2012-05-27, 14:11   Link #24
ZetaAEUG

Quote:
I disagree, again, why everyone hates Mikono? LOL I don't see anything wrong in her actions, it's absolutely normal... she has no powers or military training what she could do?

She was thrown back and forth before falling into the arms of Kagura, in her place I've ever had collapsed... without time to think of resisting.
Didn't say I hated Mikono in that quote did I? Chill out nobody is attacking your waifu. All I said was that I was annoyed by her action, or rather lack thereof in this episode. The damsel in distress shtick is getting old, she's proven before that she can do things in these situations like getting in the line of gunfire to save kagura so why can she do nothing now? It's inconsistent and detrimental to character development is what I meant.

You know what? I can be openminded too. Maybe Mikono LET herself be kidnapped so she can give kagura that apology that she's been talking about for so long.
Old 2012-05-27, 14:19   Link #25
mixordia

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZetaAEUG View Post
Chill out nobody is attacking your waifu.
The way you wrote it is obvious that you don't like her... but may I have misunderstood ... waifu? My husbando is Kagura. If you speak ill of him then yes I can get mad...

you take it very seriously... I'm starting to be afraid to post in this forum.

For everyone... please stop give me reputation saying that I'm Mikono lover... If you guys say that I'm Kagura lover I will not care.
Old 2012-05-27, 14:21   Link #26
Zuul

And restrospectively all that fighting fate thing seems utter BS now.
The only one supposedly fighting fate fo real is Zessica and she's not going to win...

Not that I complain since presenting us a 12000 years old heartwarming promise of love as some terrible thing the hero musts overcome was just ridiculous.
Old 2012-05-27, 14:23   Link #27
bastek66

Spoiler for Amata words:

All these dissapointed Zessicafans.
Old 2012-05-27, 14:26   Link #28
Zuul

Quote:
Originally Posted by bastek66 View Post
Amata to Mikono: "I love Mikono for who she is"
Amata to Zessica"Oh, you're alive Zessica"

As I said it's about common human decency. No need do be a Zessica fanatic to understand that.

I laugh at seeing the rush of Amata hate on other boards (boards that were usually supporting him), it's going to give Mikono some break.
Old 2012-05-27, 14:30   Link #29
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZetaAEUG View Post
You know what? I can be openminded too. Maybe Mikono LET herself be kidnapped so she can give kagura that apology that she's been talking about for so long.
Probably. I may find it funny if Mikono was resisting and hitting Kagura inside his cockpit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuul View Post
I laugh at seeing the rush of Amata hate on other boards (boards that were usually supporting him), it's going to give Mikono some break.
At least they are well suited for each other.... in sickness and in hate... I love you Mikono!!!
Old 2012-05-27, 14:30   Link #30
finalfury
Incognito

Quote:
Originally Posted by bastek66 View Post
Spoiler for amata:
Amata to Mikono:

WTH, Zessica, please do me the huge favor of beating the hell out of Amata. Mykage,
beat the hell out of Amata too but don't touch the other characters(too late). Mikono, lets hope she doesn't get gender bended(i doubt it since she is probably the "true eve") or that she doesn't die. Zessica is still the wild card so im hoping for some awesomeness from her even if it is Mykage influenced. Time to start the Amata hate on this thread.

Last edited by finalfury; 2012-05-27 at 14:35. Reason: i will take the role as an Amata hater for the hell of it.
Old 2012-05-27, 14:39   Link #31
Zuul

Quote:
Originally Posted by finalfury View Post
WTH, Zessica, please do me the huge favor of beating the hell out of Amata. Mykage,
beat the hell out of Amata too but don't touch the other characters(too late). Mikono, lets hope she doesn't get gender bended(i doubt it since she is probably the "true eve") or that she doesn't die. Zessica is still the wild card so im hoping for some awesomeness from her even if it is Mykage influenced. Time to start the Amata hate on this thread.
In episode 17 Mikono did show more consideration to Zessica than Amata ever has...
He's the true despicable one.

I think that action packed episode puts an hold to what looked like possible character development for Amata. At the end we just get the repeat of something that already happened twice before. Amata rescuing princess Peach for the nth times while screaming Mikono-Saaaaaaaaaaaaaaan.*sigh* Same for Kagura and Mikono... *sigh sigh*
Old 2012-05-27, 14:44   Link #32
mixordia

I'm sorry for Amata, just because he never loved Zessica now he will be hated.

I'm a little sad because it leads to the disappearance of Kagura or his "death" in the end.
Old 2012-05-27, 14:46   Link #33
finalfury
Incognito

Im officially starting to accept that Aquarion Evol cannot surpass Sousei no Aquarion in terms of the two main characters. I wanted to give it a chance but i will give credit to the awesome side charcters in evol(hell, even Malloy is cool, with those pro driving skils) and the awesomeness known as Mykage.
Old 2012-05-27, 14:48   Link #34
Zuul

Quote:
I'm sorry for Amata, just because he never loved Zessica now he will be hated.

I'm a little sad because it leads to the disappearance of Kagura or his "death" in the end.
People were not expecting him to fall in love just be a little sad and concerned about her death.
She was supposed to be a teammate and a friend. One who saved his life twice.
And he didn't mourn her at all.

Ungrateful bastard.
Old 2012-05-27, 14:50   Link #35
finalfury
Incognito

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuul View Post
People were not expecting him to fall in love just be a little sad and concerned about her death.
She was supposed to be a teammate and a friend. One who saved his life twice.
And he didn't mourn her at all.

Ungrateful bastard.
I couldn't have said it better myself.
Old 2012-05-27, 14:53   Link #36
Vena
Carpe Diem

With this episode in hand, I have lost any semblance of an idea as to what the hell is going on with many "goals" that our characters are following. They generally just don't make any sense to me anymore and, as before, there's a major discontinuity between one episode and the next.

So let's start from the top:

Mikono's journey to not be useless and to help, accomplished, as far as I can see, utterly no advancement for her character and maybe an actual backtracking. She was used as tool for exposition by Fudo last episode contributing little of anything aside from more "I'm sorry!" which is still entirely unresolved (though I have a good idea as to where its going). Her return to the scene is overshadowed by the return of the Golden Aquarion, and, in said scene, she does nothing but watch and then get kidnapped without putting up a fight. I don't get it. Wasn't she trying to be useful? Doesn't that usually mean that one attempts to accomplish something? Did I miss her accomplishing something somewhere? I'm serious when I ask these questions.

I didn't expect Zessica to be dead but at this point, what does tearing her down even further accomplish? Wasn't she already heart broken (she was giving up last episode, had the heart broken gattai before that), why did we heart break her again? What's the point? Why did we retread old ground for the nth time? I'm so confused... why not just let her die on a high note? (This line is more to do with the next paragraph) For all the *I'm going to fight fate* nonsense getting thrown around by Amata for Mikono, in spite of him being at least partly fated to be with Mikono, isn't Zessica being billed as the one actually fighting fate... and losing horribly? What sort of story has two identical aesops for two separate character ending in two vastly different ways? Amata can fight fate and get a happy ending, but Zessica can fight fate and get wrecked week to week.

Confused. I am.

Amata and Kagura really take the cake though:
Amata will *fight destiny* for Mikono, Kagura wants to follow destiny.
Didn't the episode just confirm that they were the same person? Just the "Dark" and "Light" half? And didn't both of them *fall* for Mikono because of destiny: smell, movie and line? I understand that they are going for: Kagura fixates on her because of destiny, Amata fixates on her because of who she is, but Amata's claim is hard to take seriously when you consider that they are all initiated by some aspect of their destiny playing a part in their initial encounters. Is it really fighting destiny when you're retreading old ground irregardless of the justifications for your attraction? Genesis did something similar to this but it didn't skirt around the issue, Apollo and Sylvia were themselves who fell in love but no one called that fighting fate, I mean why would you? The basis of their interactions was their past life and they had an affinity towards one another, that they then fell in love of their own volition (which didn't need to be hidden behind indecisive bullshit like the drama in this show) was a bonus.

I suppose Sirius also fought fate because he didn't go hard-gay for Apollo.

If Amata and Kagura fuse... how has fate been thwarted? If Mikono is constantly supported by Fudo and everything she does plays right into Mykages hands, how is the legend repeated... not repeating? The conflict of fate is really turning into:
Quote:
"A fish can cause ripples on the water and distort the moon, but it can never move the moon."
Old 2012-05-27, 14:53   Link #37
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

Quote:
Originally Posted by raziel12 View Post
Which one is which though? I got a feeling that Amata is more Roxas...
Old 2012-05-27, 14:58   Link #38
Faerie
Joseph Defense Squad

What the hell, Amata. You know what, he and Mikono deserve each other Selfish b*atch and ungrateful bastard. Perfect. Unless she decides to cheat with Kagura that is. Haaaah. (I obv exaggerate )
Seriously, this show has some issues, considering it seems to only make people hate its main characters while at the same time ruining its second set of main characters.

This has been a very frustrating watch, not gonna lie :/ and I have not the faintest clue what this show is trying to tell me. None whatsoever.... sigh.

Or maybe this will only make sense as a whole, and suddenly all the negative feelings will go up in smoke.. i can always hope
Old 2012-05-27, 15:01   Link #39
bastek66

Quote:
Originally Posted by kk2extreme View Post
Which one is which though? I got a feeling that Amata is more Roxas...
This episode clearly showed that Amata is original.
Old 2012-05-27, 15:19   Link #40
kuromitsu

Wow, this was a pretty glorious episode! Almost makes up for the sorta-meh ones.

But first and foremost... Amata... Kagura... guys, you're in a super robot show. If you want to fight GET INTO A FREAKING ROBOT. Seriously, Shrade makes a better super robot hero than you two. When he fights it resounds in the galaxy! ...or something.

Kagura finally got Amata ticked off, and it was pretty glorious (watch me being the only one with this opinion). Finally his wings are back! (Where were they all this time? oh well, better not to think too deeply about it.) And the flying save again! Go Amata! ...too bad he got one-upped by Kagura again. Amata Sora, the boy who was hated by the universe. Anyway, go Amata, fight Amata, you're getting there! (I hope.) The scene when he screamed his feelings and regained his wings was pretty cool.

So Kagura can''t smell Amata because they have the same smell. This doesn't make a lick of sense, of course, but hey, this is Aquarion Evol. Also, I love how Kagura suddenly knows everything and gives Amata an exposition. XD;; Let me get this straight... Amata is aware that he saw another kid when Alisia went away, but it never once occurred to him to wonder who that kid was and why he went with Alisia...? ^^;;; Oh man, the quality, it hurts. And no, Kagura, it's not Amata who is weak, it's you who are so hax it's ridiculous. Seriously, wtf did he reverse by blasting Amata into a wall? Amata not crashing into a wall? Btw Kagura was fun in this ep, all that hurting Amata aside. XDDD "Motto! MOTTO!!!!" XDD;; I still don't quite get his speech, though. He tells Mikono "I missed you Sylphie" - but shouldn't it be something like "I couldn't care less about seeing you"? ...oh well, best not to think too deeply about it. Also, wow, he sure lost that embarrassment about talking about "killing" with Mikono.

Mykage. Oh Mykage, Mykage. Brainwashing little boys, mindscrewing girls, getting orgasmic about Aquarion, waffling about random philosophical stuff... he was really at his best in this ep. I loved his "preview." Shall I tell you what I like? Colorful flower petals, Kagura's screams. Shall I tell you what I hate? Lies, betrayal... and him. (LET IT BE FUDOU, PLEASE LET IT BE FUDOU!! These two have more sexual tension than the entire cast put together.)

By the way, OH FUDOU XDDDDDDD "lovers' spat"??? XDDD You mean...... you mean.....?? XDDDD Kagura & Amata finally gave in to the sexual tension between them?

Btw Mykage called little Kagura "dark Amata" so least we know they weren't originally called Amagura. Thank god.

SHRADE! I suppose he will bite it in the next ep? Or will he get to live some more? The ultimate lulz would be Shrade surviving the series, but I'm pretty sure he won't. :/ The scene between Shrade & Crea was pretty touching.

The Cherubim just threw Aquarion away? ^^;; wtf? ^^;; poor mecha.

Fudou said Aquarion won't move unless it has its chosen element, so I guess Zessica will be the (un)fortunate one, with Mykage's seal.

Last edited by kuromitsu; 2012-05-27 at 15:38. Reason: oops, wrong word, bad English
Closed Thread