AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-12-05, 12:57   Link #1301
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Spoiler for Episode 9:
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-07, 03:07   Link #1302
jvcscasio
Lord of Lurkervile

Spoiler for epi 9:

But what I want to see is epic entrance and Naked-apron senpai!
jvcscasio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-07, 07:46   Link #1303
D-KLAC
KLAC OF THE ANIME WORLD

from the look Jumping from the frying pan into the fire indeed dang it's everyone worst nightmare.

yea cause reveal zod-oudo can control anything even be puppet master to people even worse now are we seeing HEEL medaka cena?
YOU EITHER ANIME NEXUS http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 OR AGAINST THE ANIME
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6WFM...eature=related
KLAC OF PERSONALITY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqyG8w0iMPw
D-KLAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-07, 12:27   Link #1304
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
Spoiler for Episode 21 (or Abnormal Ep. 9):
Benigmatica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-07, 13:57   Link #1305
Iby
minority spirit(?)
*Fansubber

Send a message via ICQ to Iby
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benigmatica View Post
Spoiler for Episode 21 (or Abnormal Ep. 9):
We still don't know if it's male or female - though I believe in latter thanks to the one pic.
Iby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-07, 14:42   Link #1306
ookamigirl

Sakamoto vs Oda!
His plan didn't go too well. Lost food and a bim pack.
At least Himiko was happy to see him alive.
Flashback to school days was kinda interesting.
Taira still in pretty bad shape...
I don't like Date's thoughts one bit.
Looks like he really is a bad one.

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-07, 14:57   Link #1307
Iby
minority spirit(?)
*Fansubber

Send a message via ICQ to Iby
Wrong thread.
Iby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-08, 05:14   Link #1308
Clarste
Human

Ah, the flaws of copy-pasting the same reaction everywhere.

I enjoyed this episode because, just like with Unzen last season, the villains are actually right. The heroes have no counterargument, because they actually are hypocrites in this matter. It all boils down to "I don't like you", but they'll never admit that. Even though of course it is quite natural to dislike Oudo.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-08, 05:55   Link #1309
Kyuu
=^^=

Miss Swim girl finally gets an episode -- and they barely have her do anything. What a gip...

Oh well... at least, she gets an episode - I guess.
Kyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-08, 11:39   Link #1310
[HearT]

That part when Kikaijima rips out her fingernails is definitely one of the most badass moments in this series so far, I can't imagine many people to willingly do that

Kikaijima's officially the most badass character at this point
Old 2012-12-08, 12:18   Link #1311
romcom89

What is this article about

http://yaraon.blog109.fc2.com/blog-entry-13320.html
romcom89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-08, 15:18   Link #1312
[HearT]

Quote:
Originally Posted by romcom89 View Post
it's about a twitter post from the seiyuu Ogata Megumi hoping that the dvds will sell well so that there can be a third season
Old 2012-12-08, 17:58   Link #1313
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarste View Post
Ah, the flaws of copy-pasting the same reaction everywhere.

I enjoyed this episode because, just like with Unzen last season, the villains are actually right. The heroes have no counterargument, because they actually are hypocrites in this matter. It all boils down to "I don't like you", but they'll never admit that. Even though of course it is quite natural to dislike Oudo.
Uh... Counter argument: it's one thing to wish someone would change, or even to convince them to change through example or conversation. It's another to brainwash them while they're unconscious. WTH is right about the latter?

Unzen had a point. Oudou doesn't, he just has a giant ego and a few desires.
Anh_Minh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-08, 18:47   Link #1314
Clarste
Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Uh... Counter argument: it's one thing to wish someone would change, or even to convince them to change through example or conversation. It's another to brainwash them while they're unconscious. WTH is right about the latter?

It's not about Oudo being right, it's about Medaka (or in this case her followers) not being right either.
Old 2012-12-08, 19:03   Link #1315
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Sure, but that's not what you wrote.
Anh_Minh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-08, 21:48   Link #1316
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Send a message via AIM to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via MSN to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via Yahoo to RX-78GP04G Gerbera

It's similar to the whole Naruto vs. Madara/Obito argument about "true peace". Both sides are right in their own way, but also wrong.

Madara/Obito believe that only through brainwashing the whole world with Infinite Tsukuyomi could it be achieved and, in ways, they're right. As long as mankind has its individuality and freedom, there will always be differences of opinions, beliefs, cultures, etc, as well as mankind simply being a naturally competitive and greedy race, thus there is always a chance for those things to escalate to conflict, and then to war once again and it's been repeated countless times throughout history. Of course, Madara/Obito is also wrong in that such a thing could not truly be called "true peace" because it was completely forced on everyone and not achieved by the will of mankind. As compared to by Onoki, the Tsuchikage, it was be no different than Madara simply controlling the world as a dictator (being the one to cast Infinite Tsukuyomi, thus having total control over what happens in it).

Hell, one could even compare that to Gundam SEED/SEED Destiny with the Three Ships Alliance and their "interventions". While their goal of trying to get people to understand eachother and want peace is noble, they're going about it by SHOOTING AT EVERYONE WHO FIGHTS, so they appear a lot more like threatening people with a gun to their heads to make peace or they'll pull the trigger. Even Lacus herself admitted, "We call for peace, but with weapons in our hands", thus acknowledging that even she realizes the hypocrisy in their words through their actions.

On the other hand, Naruto believes that the only way to achieve "true peace" is through getting ALL of mankind to come together and "truly" understand one another. While such a result COULD be called "true peace", it's also very naive to simply assume that such a thing could truly be done, much less in a short amount of time, and even if it could be done, it would also be, like most peace achievements, a VERY fragile peace that can easily, and most likely would be, undone BECAUSE of reasons mentioned above with mankind always having differences and such. So, in all, the type of "true peace" trying to be achieved could only really be done IN a fantasy.
RX-78GP04G Gerbera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-08, 22:02   Link #1317
Sol Falling

Quote:
Originally Posted by [HearT] View Post
That part when Kikaijima rips out her fingernails is definitely one of the most badass moments in this series so far, I can't imagine many people to willingly do that

Kikaijima's officially the most badass character at this point
I really like this battle of Kikaijima's (manga and anime) because it really shows Kikaijima fighting in her own way. Although they are normally in the background, Kikaijima's speech and feelings about Medaka being a "normal" girl are compelling and powerful. More importantly, you can really sense Kikaijima stretching her limits and overcoming a huge struggle in accomplishing her win against Yukuhashi. In short, yup, Kikaijima is badass because she shows much more strength (of character) than you would expect.

Quote:

Haha. Well, as far as brainwashing people not necessarily being the right thing to do, even Oudou admitted that. The main point Oudou and Yukuhashi made was regarding Medaka "forcing" her beliefs or opinions onto others. The examples brought up were things such as the delinquents originally occupying the kendo hall, and the swimming club during the club funds competition.

In the kendo hall example, Medaka used her "condescending interpretations of the fundamental goodness of human beings" to force the kendo hall occupiers to stop being delinquents, practice kendo and reform. In the club funds example, Medaka forced her opinion that 'it is wrong to endanger your own life for money' onto the swimming team, interfering with their activities. Although in either case Medaka's intentions were noble and the subjects eventually reformed themselves or even benefited, Oudou's argument was that 'despite being correct, that doesn't give you the right to force/control what others do'.

Although not technically brainwashing others, by assailing others through the force of her persistence, abilities, and idealism, the argument was that Medaka was no less forceful in controlling what others do. If Hitoyoshi's only justification on those grounds was that Medaka was righteous/"correct" in doing so, it would be hypocritical of him to oppose Oudou's "correct" reformation of the forceful/self-righteous aspects of Medaka's personality (if not the aspect of 'shaping Medaka into the woman of his desires,' lol).

More to the point, if Medaka was truly "always correct; even too correct", then decisions such as she made to trust Naze and inject herself with her memory/abnormality-wiping fluid, therefore getting herself captured, would be proven righteous/justified. In such a case, there would be no reason for Zenkichi to interfere personally. Under such premises, there should be no reason for him to protest Miyakonojou's actions either.

However, the issue at hand is not really Medaka's personality or brainwashing, anyway. The real issue is that Miyakanojou, via supporting the Flask Plan, intends to enable experimentation on students. Although you could say as much as you like about Medaka exerting an unjustified influence on those around her, fundamentally at least she would never endanger others' lives.
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-09, 00:46   Link #1318
Clarste
Human

Quote:
Sure, but that's not what you wrote.
I really don't want to have to go into this in detail, but it's about their arguments rather than their positions. It's hard to say Unzen was "right" either, since his whole thing was just about treating people fairly (as if they're all inherently evil, no exceptions). He had a disagreement with Medaka, but neither of them were "right". However, his argument was one that Medaka couldn't counter, and in the end she just beat him without proving any kind of point. Although he also happened to be right about her loneliness, etc, but that's a separate issue. Unzen victory wasn't in being "right" in an absolute sense, but simply succeeding in putting both their positions on the same moral footing.

Similarly, Oudo and Medaka ('s followers) have a disagreement. Notably Oudo does not actually disagree with Zenkichi objection to brainwashing (he merely asks about it). What he objects to is Zenkichi's reasoning. Zenkichi doesn't care in the slightest about consent or helplessness, and indeed he himself was forced into the council against his will (starting his change). You may think Oudo was wrong because brainwashing is inherently worse than whatever it is Medaka does, but Zenkichi doesn't and he never even tried to bring that up. Oudo was "right" in that he managed to put both their positions on the same moral standing, within the argument.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Falling View Post
However, the issue at hand is not really Medaka's personality or brainwashing, anyway. The real issue is that Miyakanojou, via supporting the Flask Plan, intends to enable experimentation on students. Although you could say as much as you like about Medaka exerting an unjustified influence on those around her, fundamentally at least she would never endanger others' lives.
Is that really still the issue? I thought the story made it pretty clear that the Council kind of forgot their reasoning somewhere. They haven't even tried to ask Naze for example if what she would actually do to the students. Oudo grandiose posturing while standing on a wall can hardly be taken at face value. Isn't that the point of having an inspection rather than just shutting it down immediately?
Old 2012-12-09, 01:29   Link #1319
Sol Falling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarste View Post
Is that really still the issue? I thought the story made it pretty clear that the Council kind of forgot their reasoning somewhere. They haven't even tried to ask Naze for example if what she would actually do to the students. Oudo grandiose posturing while standing on a wall can hardly be taken at face value. Isn't that the point of having an inspection rather than just shutting it down immediately?
lol, I wasn't particularly talking about the Student Council's motivations. On the level of them just being friends with Medaka in the first place, that's reason enough alone for them not to want her to be brainwashed. It is natural that they are preoccupied with that. However, accepting that there are some moral or practical equivalencies in Medaka and Miyakonojou's effects on others, I was moreso summarizing the issue from an objective perspective why it might still be disadvantageous if Miyakonojou isn't stopped or Medaka's brainwashing succeeds, insomuch as the audience knows so far.
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-09, 02:02   Link #1320
jvcscasio
Lord of Lurkervile

This finally looks like an Medaka Box thread^^

Medaka is right and everyone else is wrong!
Medaka is the Sue, so no matter what happens, the world will conspire so to make her right.

If she says that apples are poisonous, suddenly all apples will turn into deadly fruits!

Spoiler for manga reason:
jvcscasio is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, comedy, shounen