AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-12-13, 16:04   Link #61
noktown

I wonder if her problem's on the same level as Sanji's though,because i would assume that Sanji even if was in a relationship would still chase other women.

On the other hand,Baby 5 might be looking for a good relationship and not just any guy.

Although it could still create some funny comedy on the crew,if they went jealous anytime Sanji sees a girl/Baby 5 a guy and they would have this funny relationship of keeping each other on a leash,but i don't see her joining Straw-hats.

I don't even like the idea of a someone belonging to one crew,switching to the other crew,if he's in that person's crew even if he's the worst guy in the world,there is a reason he stayed in that crew for that long,and i don't think she's in Donfla's crew because she's intimidated.So this looks bad imo.
Old 2012-12-13, 16:18   Link #62
ellifeedn
Thinker

Maybe Sanji fixes up a cigarette for Baby 5 and she falls for him that way.
Old 2012-12-13, 16:48   Link #63
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
Oh yea, I thought of that too. Sanji for one reason or another (it's Oda, he'd easily make one up that makes sense) would not be into Baby 5 and the more she chased him but he ignored her for another...the more Yandere she'd get (this bit is my Yandere die-hard loving side talking...ignore it).

Or she takes Luffy's invitation as a proposal and even if Sanji goes after her she claims to be married and faithful.

Or boobs...legs...boobs...boobs...ass...legs...
hmm.. I'd be happy with any of these routes in #2, it would be pretty crazy to see a Baby5 / Hancock showdown over Luffy lol!

Quote:
Originally Posted by noktown View Post
I don't even like the idea of a someone belonging to one crew,switching to the other crew,if he's in that person's crew even if he's the worst guy in the world,there is a reason he stayed in that crew for that long,and i don't think she's in Donfla's crew because she's intimidated.So this looks bad imo.
I would assume that she would join SH only after Dofla went down and/or died so it would be a moot point and she would need somewhere to go. similar to robin having been a part of croc's crew although the characters are obviously very different
Old 2012-12-13, 18:47   Link #64
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
I'm confused. People were saying that the Baby 5 thing is like the Sanji thing where something serious is turned into a gag?

Wasn't Sanji the reverse, where a gag was turned into something serious?

Well..... yes and no. It was the reverse at first, but it pretty much turned back into a gag when you consider the people who donated blood to Sanji afterwards.

But going back to serious mode for a bit, I'm wondering exactly how it's possible to revive all the people who got petrified by Caesar's poison? Maybe if Chopper makes a vaccine from Luffy's body cells or something? I mean, I had even brought up his immunity to poisons in my previous post here.....
Old 2012-12-13, 19:44   Link #65
bonsobon

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post

But going back to serious mode for a bit, I'm wondering exactly how it's possible to revive all the people who got petrified by Caesar's poison? Maybe if Chopper makes a vaccine from Luffy's body cells or something? I mean, I had even brought up his immunity to poisons in my previous post here.....
Do we really want that to happen though? If Shinokuni's effects could be cured that easily then it's not much of a WMD is it? What does that say about Caesar's ability as a scientist, and how can we take anything he has a hand in seriously again (that includes SAD)?
Old 2012-12-13, 20:24   Link #66
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonsobon View Post
Do we really want that to happen though? If Shinokuni's effects could be cured that easily then it's not much of a WMD is it? What does that say about Caesar's ability as a scientist, and how can we take anything he has a hand in seriously again (that includes SAD)?

"Easily"? You say that as if people with Luffy's level of poison immunity are a dime a dozen. And frankly, I strongly feel that this theory's positives far outweigh the negatives for a number of reasons, which include, but is not limited to:

-A chance for Chopper to further advance his medical skills (let's not forget his dream, now).

-If Law helps Chopper make the vaccine, it would further prove just how effective a pirate alliance can be, and could further convince Kid to form one with Apoo and Hawkins.

-The fact that the Straw-Hats had a hand in creating a cure for a deadly bio-weapon would give them another huge boost for their reputation (and don't forget, we already have several witnesses like Law and the G5 marines, and that's not even counting the NW pirates watching the events via TV broadcast).

-Kinemon would be further indebted to them for saving his life, in addition to finding Momo. And really, I'd think gaining favor with a powerful Wano samurai would in itself be a great benefit.

And as far as undermining Caesar's ability goes..... well, we ARE kind of talking about an evil piece of filth who'd gladly drug innocent kids for the sake of his experiments, so forgive me if I don't feel much (if any) sympathy towards him.
Old 2012-12-13, 22:19   Link #67
CaptainSmoker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
Let's face it, by now many fans (mostly male) want a new female nakama to join the crew permanently (either that or Vivi somehow comes back for good...) and while many want a hot babe (I would never complain of course) I'd be cool with her just being female...I dunno, I just think a new female would balance the crew better. I love the Strawhats as they are and would never take anyone away from the crew but it kinda feels weird with the only females being Nami and Robin for such a long time.
YESSS, we have not had a Female Nakama for over 400 manga!

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post

a possible comedy bit with them would be if she's the one girl sanji didn't want since she wants him. he obviously loves the chase, so if a girl is too easy, perhaps it's a turnoff?
Na doubt that about sanji he can never be turned off by a girl especially after 2 long years on Okama island.

What I do think may be the case is Baby 5 is only attracted to ugly guys, so if she joins the crew she would be interested in Brooke and Franky which would drive SANJI NUTS, absolutely NUTS>>>
Old 2012-12-13, 22:36   Link #68
bonsobon

Quote:
"Easily"? You say that as if people with Luffy's level of poison immunity are a dime a dozen. And frankly, I strongly feel that this theory's positives far outweigh the negatives for a number of reasons, which include, but is not limited to:

-A chance for Chopper to further advance his medical skills (let's not forget his dream, now).

-If Law helps Chopper make the vaccine, it would further prove just how effective a pirate alliance can be, and could further convince Kid to form one with Apoo and Hawkins.

-The fact that the Straw-Hats had a hand in creating a cure for a deadly bio-weapon would give them another huge boost for their reputation (and don't forget, we already have several witnesses like Law and the G5 marines, and that's not even counting the NW pirates watching the events via TV broadcast).

-Kinemon would be further indebted to them for saving his life, in addition to finding Momo. And really, I'd think gaining favor with a powerful Wano samurai would in itself be a great benefit.

And as far as undermining Caesar's ability goes..... well, we ARE kind of talking about an evil piece of filth who'd gladly drug innocent kids for the sake of his experiments, so forgive me if I don't feel much (if any) sympathy towards him.
Marvel I can assure you that I don't give a fig about Caesar, but he WAS built up to be the rival of Vegapunk and Shinokuni his greatest creation. If the effects of a potential WMD can be cured then it is going to be seen as a failure and that reflects back on its creator as being also a failure. Can you see Doflamingo wanting to retain someone like that?

What about his other creations especially SAD and the artificial devil fruits? If a WMD can be seen as no threat then how can the potential Zoan armies that other people were talking about be seen as one?
Old 2012-12-13, 23:05   Link #69
marvelB

^In all fairness, the SAD was strongly implied to be Caesar's most profitable creation by far in the first place, so I doubt Dofla would even give a rat's ass about Shinokuni's failure. As long as he has CC by his side to continue his "Age of Smiles", any other setbacks would be considered minor, I guess. Also, we still don't really know how effective the Smiles are when compared to their original Zoan counterparts, so it may be a bit premature to call Caesar a complete hack before we've even seen the Smiles' full potential.
Old 2012-12-14, 04:53   Link #70
mrShady

All of you are talking about baby 5 being either interested in Sanji or Luffy but what if it's Zoro? This could be a great set up for him to face Doflamingo and ofcourse this would only fuel Sanji's "feud" with our favorite marimo head.
Old 2012-12-14, 05:05   Link #71
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainSmoker View Post
What I do think may be the case is Baby 5 is only attracted to ugly guys, so if she joins the crew she would be interested in Brooke and Franky which would drive SANJI NUTS, absolutely NUTS>>>
Quote:
Brook and Franky
Quote:
ugly guys

Yo.

You and me.

Outside.

Now.

Last edited by aohige; 2012-12-14 at 05:16.
Old 2012-12-14, 10:28   Link #72
Hisoka??
Ultra noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainSmoker View Post
YESSS, we have not had a Female Nakama for over 400 manga!

Na doubt that about sanji he can never be turned off by a girl especially after 2 long years on Okama island.

Ussop is pretty ugly too
Old 2012-12-15, 02:35   Link #73
paradox13
zzz

Send a message via MSN to paradox13
Any chapter next week
Old 2012-12-15, 05:13   Link #74
Undertaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrShady View Post
All of you are talking about baby 5 being either interested in Sanji or Luffy but what if it's Zoro? This could be a great set up for him to face Doflamingo and ofcourse this would only fuel Sanji's "feud" with our favorite marimo head.
Zoro but then Zoro will need to say "I need you" or the equivalent to Baby 5, which would be out of his character...
Old 2012-12-15, 08:30   Link #75
mrShady

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertaker View Post
Zoro but then Zoro will need to say "I need you" or the equivalent to Baby 5, which would be out of his character...
Well she also seems like the type to misinterpret what men say to hear and I can really see Zoro bashing her and having her misunderstanding it. Or maybe his cool guy attitude will get to her. I don't know what will happen, it's just that it would be great if Zoro was involved. He really deserves to fight and beat the main boss at least once.
Btw is it me or is Joker a really bad oponent for Luffy to fight? I mean Luffy always screws around early in the fight and Joker seems pretty ruthless. Zoro could be a better match against him since he's a more serious fighter.
Old 2012-12-15, 10:47   Link #76
Hisoka??
Ultra noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrShady View Post
Well she also seems like the type to misinterpret what men say to hear and I can really see Zoro bashing her and having her misunderstanding it. Or maybe his cool guy attitude will get to her. I don't know what will happen, it's just that it would be great if Zoro was involved. He really deserves to fight and beat the main boss at least once.
Btw is it me or is Joker a really bad oponent for Luffy to fight? I mean Luffy always screws around early in the fight and Joker seems pretty ruthless. Zoro could be a better match against him since he's a more serious fighter.
Zoro never gets serious at the start too. He always screws around and takes it very easy on opponents till they screw/hurt him before getting serious.
Old 2012-12-15, 11:29   Link #77
mrShady

I highly doubt he would underestimate Joker. And don't forget his "This is the new world" speech. Though obviously he never went serious with Monet it's not like she could even harm him, also since he seems to have Observer Haki (the sky island mantra thingy) He'll notice Joker's strength right away.
Still it's just some wishful thinking on my part.
Old 2012-12-15, 12:28   Link #78
articuzwolf
Wolf in Sheep's Clothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertaker View Post
he can ask for weapon (because he forgot/lost), sparring (with katana) or most likely direction to her and make her feels needed
Old 2012-12-15, 13:10   Link #79
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Honestly, I think it's a little unfair to assume that both Baby-5 and Buffalo are THAT much weaker than Vergo. I mean, I also don't doubt that he's superior to the both of them, but that doesn't have to mean that there's such a huge gap between them (seeing as they're fellow members of Dofla's crew). Especially if the both of them are haki users.... again, I wouldn't doubt that Vergo has more advanced mastery of haki over them, but that doesn't mean that they couldn't use it in some rather unique ways.....
Monet was considerably weaker than Vergo, and she was also a fellow member of Dofla's crew. Associativity doesn't mean much here. Pretty much every faction we've seen in this series has great variances in power/strength amongst its members. Dofla's crew should be no exception. Chances are high that the guys that stayed behind at Dresrosa are stronger than Baby 5 and Buffalo. The way I see it, the main threats of this arc have been vanquished (CC and Vergo), and thus this arc should be wrapping up shortly (the worst is over). Any threat that Baby 5 and Buffalo impose shouldn't be a problem right now, seeing as how they're badly outnumbered by their opposition. And I don't see them being what Kuma was to Thriller Bark (an even more formidable adversary shows up when the boss (Moria) is defeated).
Old 2012-12-15, 13:23   Link #80
james0246

^I doubt there will be any significant fighting from either Baby 5 of Buffalo, but I do kind of want to see Nami fight Buffalo (I don't know why, there would just be something funny about Nami fighting such a large man) and Franky fight Baby 5...

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post

Blah blah blah BOOBS blah blah blah BOOBS blah blah blah LEGS blah. Blah Boobs.
Aren't those lyrics to one of the songs in Spring Awakening? .

Last edited by james0246; 2012-12-17 at 14:50.
Closed Thread