3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.91%
Voters: 110. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-09-16, 19:48   Link #81
Darklightz
Wagering his life...

Now that was a true Higurashi episode,some answers and plenty of questions.

So Rika's warnings ere useless in the end. Even worse, the Yamainu will be watching her closely from now her (and not to protect her this time).

Well on a lighter note I'm happy that bastard Teppei is finally in jail.
Old 2007-09-16, 19:55   Link #82
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darklightz View Post
Well on a lighter note I'm happy that Teppei is finally in jail.
And that Satoko no longer sucks
*Dodges flying objects from Satoko fanboys*

Once again, Rika is screwed by no fault of her own. If only she'd known how nutty 34 is...
Old 2007-09-16, 20:15   Link #83
Davidj

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbow_rena View Post
Although that was a wtf episode. It's starting to make sence
also is this correct?:

Spoiler for :
No. Keiichi's development of symptoms is gradual and has the same basic progression and trigger as anyone else who succumbs. His "cold" is I, still think, the initial infection, although it is possible that Takano, already intent on her plans, didn't give him the injection that would have actually helped him. Tomitake on the other is immediately terminal after being given the second inoculation without actually having been exposed to the usual kind of triggering stress. He was probably initially infected by the same inoculation that was supposed to protect him, and then given a drug that instead of suppressing the parasite, kicks it into high gear.
Old 2007-09-16, 20:28   Link #84
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

In the game K1 was actually showing symptoms while he was coming back from the funeral he went to that was in the city. When he heard someone (Hanyuu) on the train saying "I'm sorry" over and over
Old 2007-09-16, 20:32   Link #85
kitedragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sterling01 View Post
In the game K1 was actually showing symptoms while he was coming back from the funeral he went to that was in the city. When he heard someone (Hanyuu) on the train saying "I'm sorry" over and over
A little of topic for this episode but: Do you know why she said that?
Old 2007-09-16, 20:35   Link #86
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

She thought it was her fault
Old 2007-09-16, 21:02   Link #87
aliensporebomb

Send a message via AIM to aliensporebomb Send a message via Yahoo to aliensporebomb
Wow.

I knew she was a nutcase, potentially even a dangerous nutcase.

I didn't care for her much in season one, and her smarmy sneering delivery
lead me to believe she had nothing but contempt for everyone in the town
but only thinly disguised.

But, Takano Miyo is the worst kind of nutcase:

Spoiler:

After reading what I said in my spoiler, what if all the governments indulging in
germ warfare have something like this in their secret labs? Gives me the creeps.
Old 2007-09-16, 21:04   Link #88
SeventhHS
Conceptual Weapon

Quote:
She thought it was her fault
What was her fault? Keiichi hadn't done anything yet, as far as I recall.
Old 2007-09-16, 21:07   Link #89
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

Can't say or mods will eat me
Old 2007-09-16, 22:00   Link #90
shigure asa

Send a message via MSN to shigure asa
Quote:
Can't say or mods will eat me
no no, it's not like that at all!!
you'll just be cursed kidnapped tortured eaten alive and then killed transferred out

that reason is a real spoiler though~~ you shouldn't post it~~
Old 2007-09-16, 22:17   Link #91
SeventhHS
Conceptual Weapon

Ah, never mind. I found the relevant puzzle piece and re-read it. I still don't understand why she's apologizing, but that's off topic for this thread, anyway.
Old 2007-09-17, 01:45   Link #92
Garet Linegod

Now that Takano's secret is out, it'll be interesting to see how people will change their views about her as we take a roller coaster ride from the final part of Minagoroshi-hen to the start of Matsuribayashi-hen.

Sterling01: Which is why I still prefer they use Matsuribayashi-hen instead of Miotsukushi-hen. Since Miotsukushi-hen only focused on Rika and her friends' side of things, it turned Takano into just an evil scientist who went mad. (That and Miotsukushi-hen focuses too much on Mion, apparently because of some bad organising and storytelling).
Old 2007-09-17, 07:20   Link #93
aliensporebomb

Send a message via AIM to aliensporebomb Send a message via Yahoo to aliensporebomb
Question Oh wow...

I just had a thought. It's just wacky enough to be true.

Spoiler:
Old 2007-09-17, 07:43   Link #94
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

@Garet Linegod: I just want there to be a mixture of the two endings
Old 2007-09-17, 08:41   Link #95
Jaden

Well, it was hinted a lot in tips etc. that this is what happens, but I had a hard time believing it before seeing it, that Takano, and her numerous powerful allies want to unleash the disease for no real reason other than that they're nuts.

But then what's with the gas disaster? And what does Takano do afterwards? My theory is that the goverment catches up to what she's doing (maybe from Irie), takes her out and gasses the village as a last resort to prevent the disease from spreading. Irie protests and tries to stop them, but is quickly silenced. Any survivors who know too much, like Satoko in the first chapter of Kai, are also killed off so that the goverment can make that disaster look natural. Because even if they had no choice but to gas the village, few would forgive them if the truth came out.

The way for Rika to overcome this final obstacle would be to present Irie/Tomitake with undeniable proof that Takano is an evil biatch in the next world, before she carries her plans out. But there are 2 episodes left, so I think there will be a faster solution.
Old 2007-09-17, 10:33   Link #96
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?

Quote:
Now that Takano's secret is out, it'll be interesting to see how people will change their views about her as we take a roller coaster ride from the final part of Minagoroshi-hen to the start of Matsuribayashi-hen.
Well, I actually like Takano even more now. I hope her seiyuu gets to voice more villains in the future.

Quote:
Well, it was hinted a lot in tips etc. that this is what happens, but I had a hard time believing it before seeing it, that Takano, and her numerous powerful allies want to unleash the disease for no real reason other than that they're nuts.
Well, I for one hope they do have another reason for doing that, just being crazy is one lame explanation of the mystery.

Quote:
My theory is that the goverment catches up to what she's doing (maybe from Irie), takes her out and gasses the village as a last resort to prevent the disease from spreading.
I think we can be pretty certain Takano and the Yamainu are those who gas the village. The dominant faction in the government doesn't want "detonate the bomb", plus Irie tends to die before the Disaster strikes. Plus, there doesn't seem to be enough time for the government to learn that the disease is out of control (and when have we seen that? It's usually just one of Rika's friends going ballistic) and strike. And let's not forget Nekogoroshi-hen which clearly hinted at the Yamainu causing the Great Hinamizawa Disaster.

Old 2007-09-17, 15:59   Link #97
aliensporebomb

Exclamation Um......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaden View Post
Snip..

But then what's with the gas disaster? And what does Takano do afterwards? My theory is that the goverment catches up to what she's doing (maybe from Irie), takes her out and gasses the village as a last resort to prevent the disease from spreading. Irie protests and tries to stop them, but is quickly silenced. Any survivors who know too much, like Satoko in the first chapter of Kai, are also killed off so that the goverment can make that disaster look natural. Because even if they had no choice but to gas the village, few would forgive them if the truth came out.

The way for Rika to overcome this final obstacle would be to present Irie/Tomitake with undeniable proof that Takano is an evil biatch in the next world, before she carries her plans out. But there are 2 episodes left, so I think there will be a faster solution.
It's:

Spoiler:

But yeah, I'd like to see what I have a hunch could happen next.. more later.
Old 2007-09-17, 16:04   Link #98
GyroidFanatic

Quote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 2007-09-17, 21:47   Link #99
Seiryuu

Quote:
Originally Posted by GyroidFanatic View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
BTW, someone said the blond in the OP isn't Satoko, and that got me thinking... Could it have something to do with a certain person's apparent dementia and obsessive thirst for vengeance? I don't think I need to say her number...
Old 2007-09-17, 22:32   Link #100
Ahasuerus
UNBOUND-ed

Quote:
BTW, someone said the blond in the OP isn't Satoko, and that got me thinking... Could it have something to do with a certain person's apparent dementia and obsessive thirst for vengeance? I don't think I need to say her number...
You know, I've watched the OP just now three times, and while the top of the face isn't shown, it still looks like Satoko to me, or perhaps even Rena, since the colors a bit washed and she's standing in a rainstorm, it seems. (The scene is about 1:06 in. Feeze it and see!) It doesn't make sense (to me ) for the creators to partially insert the face of someone who isn't in the main "gang".

Besides there are too many tricksters on the Internet to take anything as gospel (not that this is the case)

OTOH, the creators have proven to be pretty adept at being tricksters themselves

One of the most awesome animes I've seen, especially when combined with Season 1
Closed Thread