AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2013-07-25, 17:32   Link #3721
MarkS00N

Is it possible that this spin-off will be animated as part of Zenkoku-Hen next year?

I think maybe they will animated it as a bridge between quarterfinal and semifinal of side B...
So we can get a 20+ episodes anime instead of one cour anime like Achiga...
MarkS00N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-25, 19:22   Link #3722
Sol Falling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem-x View Post
@Sol
If you mean the perspective of someone without powers, there are other girls who do just that without having them shoved down our throats (Ako and Kyouko are good examples).
No, I mean as someone who represents an explicitly digital mindset and playstyle which, despite everything in Saki, is the more widely accepted and studied mahjong playstyle in Japan.
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-25, 19:24   Link #3723
Fragment off
Reader or Writer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkS00N View Post
Is it possible that this spin-off will be animated as part of Zenkoku-Hen next year?

I think maybe they will animated it as a bridge between quarterfinal and semifinal of side B...
I think it will be animated between zenkoyu-hen(Quarter and Semi) and the final arc.
Old 2013-07-25, 19:53   Link #3724
Emballage

Quote:

That is certainly possible; assuming that Zenkoku-hen is split-cour and each round can fit nicely into one cour, such that the quarterfinals air next spring and the semis in fall, they can air the new series in summer. Since it starts publication in September, it would allow for 10 monthly chapters to be released before its hypothetical adaptation next July, and 13 chapters by the end of September. Given that one Igarashi chapter is roughly equivalent to one anime episode, the anime should catch up with the manga around its last episode.
Emballage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-25, 20:37   Link #3725
Marina2

One small thing I noticed - They didn't use 1-pin tile in the announcement page.
Old 2013-07-25, 20:47   Link #3726
King-Slayer

Quote:

i'm going to say not a chance in Hades this happens. I think it will eventually get animated though.
King-Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-26, 02:43   Link #3727
eavein18

(a bit unrelated sorry)

The semi-final is 2 han-chan right??

In side A it is a long long match... *sigh*

But in side B, it is just my feeling (or is it not drawn/shown) or Yuuki only played one han-chan?
Old 2013-07-26, 02:54   Link #3728
uis

Quote:
Originally Posted by eavein18 View Post
(a bit unrelated sorry)
The semi-final is 2 han-chan right??
But in side B, it is just my feeling (or is it not drawn/shown) or Yuuki only played one han-chan?
Ritz skip the 2nd hanchan. It is normal thing to do anyway. Not many match get full shown except if Ritz want it like Nagano taishou final, Side A Vanguard semifinal and Side A Taishou semifinal. Mako only get 1 chapter in Side B quarterfinal.

-It is okay if you are weak. I will grab your hand and realize your dream-
uis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-26, 02:59   Link #3729
eavein18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina2 View Post
One small thing I noticed - They didn't use 1-pin tile in the announcement page.
They change 1 pin to 1 sozu?

Quote:
Originally Posted by uis View Post
Ritz skip the 2nd hanchan. It is normal thing to do anyway. Not many match get full shown except if Ritz want it like Nagano taishou final, Side A Vanguard semifinal and Side A Taishou semifinal. Mako only get 1 chapter in Side B quarterfinal.
I see, thank you :]
Old 2013-07-27, 22:09   Link #3730
Fantasy-Magician

At this rate this series is on its way beating Saint Seiya with its number of spin off...
I have a feeling this spin off is going to be one shot, one volume kind... but well... I just hope this spin off is not another sign for hiatus.
The anime is going to air next year and we have five months (10 chapter)
Whether it will air in spring, summer or autumn... that's not much chapter to cover until final ne?
Let's see... if Mako got 1 chapter, 2 if she is lucky... Hisa got around 2-3, Nodoka got three maybe and Saki got around 5 or more... I have doubt we can get to see the end of semi-final this year LOL
And final is going to be a looooong battle ha ha ha...
The prospect of second season showing full zenkoku hen seems bleak...
Fantasy-Magician is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-27, 22:15   Link #3731
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantasy-Magician View Post
I have a feeling this spin off is going to be one shot, one volume kind... but well... I just hope this spin off is not another sign for hiatus.
Need I remind you that both the main series and Achiga-hen ran in parallel just fine, so just having a spinoff isn't going to cause Ritz to stop the main series. Also the last time Ritz went on hiatus was way before Achiga.
Old 2013-07-27, 22:48   Link #3732
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Falling View Post
No, I mean as someone who represents an explicitly digital mindset and playstyle which, despite everything in Saki, is the more widely accepted and studied mahjong playstyle in Japan.
So, when she plays, Nodoka IS pretty much saying "Stop that, this is how you actually play mahjong"? That's depressing. Also, having such a smooth play means no chance for development in the table. Just look at what Hisa went through, and even Yuuki, the most blatant comic relief character, got serious about the whole thing, but Nodoka has nothing as of yet except some mild fear for Saki's demonic tendencies, and who doesn't fear Saki these days? A little more emotion in the table would be nice.

On a different subject, it seems Hayarin has her own quote, ala Kirame.

HAYAYA!
Requiem-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-27, 23:30   Link #3733
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

I'm still curious that Hayarin's got a thing for younger women. Will Harue be the same, hmm?

*ducks thrown stuff*
Old 2013-07-28, 00:17   Link #3734
Requiem-x
The slacking one

I think Harue's taste for ladies has been clear for quite a while now.
Old 2013-07-28, 00:20   Link #3735
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem-x View Post
I think Harue's taste for ladies has been clear for quite a while now.
What, all we've seen is she's obsessed with Kokaji-pro, and called it quits with Ako's sister. Arata's still got a lot of work ahead, for sure.
Old 2013-07-28, 00:30   Link #3736
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
What, all we've seen is she's obsessed with Kokaji-pro, and called it quits with Ako's sister. Arata's still got a lot of work ahead, for sure.
She got over Kokaji already, unless Hayarin starts humping her, and Hayarin already has a girl of her own, it seems, the coast is clear for Arata.
Old 2013-07-28, 05:35   Link #3737
Fantasy-Magician

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
Need I remind you that both the main series and Achiga-hen ran in parallel just fine, so just having a spinoff isn't going to cause Ritz to stop the main series. Also the last time Ritz went on hiatus was way before Achiga.
I know... but with how slow the pace of this series lately another spin off still means more work for the mangaka even if she didn't work on it herself...
With this pace we won't see the end of this semi final by this year
And considering the second season is going to air next year... but from what I know we have not receive confirmation it's a spring or summer of autumn... anime though. I am worried about the anime jumping over the manga... in previous season it's done well fortunately... Ritz-sensei seems to be generous with sharing spoiler with anime creator so hopefully we won't see the anime take their own route.
Fantasy-Magician is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-28, 11:06   Link #3738
The Green One

Season 2 for Saki is slated for spring of 2014 if I recall right.
The Green One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-28, 16:53   Link #3739
Fragment off
Reader or Writer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Green One View Post
Season 2 for Saki is slated for spring of 2014 if I recall right.
I recall seeing that too. That mean in the best of world 16 chapters until the start of the season and 12 more to go when the series is airing if it's a 2cour so I think.

There is the place for 9 Chapters 1/2 by player remaining .
Old 2013-07-28, 21:04   Link #3740
Arcorann

A bit of information gleaned from the preliminary translation:

* Yoshiko watched the other four play in the semi-finals of the inter-high on television when she was in elementary school; this is presumably the match they're having a flashback to.
* They're meeting on the night between the two semi-finals. Hayari sent out what was apparently a really weird email.

While I'm at it, someone was asking whether any of the pros came from schools with mahjong traditions, so I'll give the pros' schools and their prefectures' current representatives:

* Sukoya Kokaji: Tsuchiura Girls' High (Ibaraki Prefecture, presumably in Tsuchiura)
** Current representative: Oomika Business, presumably in the city of Hitachi. Eliminated in round 1 by Kentani.
* Hayari Mizuhara: Asakumi Girls' High (Shimane Prefecture, presumably in the city of Matsue)
** Current representative: Kasubuchi High, presumably in or near the town of Misato. Eliminated in round 1 by Shindouji.
* Harue Akado: Achiga Girls' High (Nara Prefecture, duh)
* Risa Noyori: Unconfirmed but probably Shindouji Girls' High (Fukuoka Prefecture)

* Yasuko Fujita: Yumifuri High (Nagano Prefecture, presumably in Chino). In the current tournament, eliminated in prefectural round 1 by Kotobukidai.
* Yoshiko Kainou: Oojouin High (Ehime Prefecture, presumably in Niihama)
** Current representative: Oojouin High. Eliminated in round 1 by Kentani.
* Uta Mihirogi: Myoukouji High (Kanagawa Prefecture, presumably in Naka Ward, Yokohama)
** Current representative: I can't tell whether it's in North Kanagawa or South Kanagawa, so:
*** North Kanagawa: Kayama Academy, presumably in Odawara. Eliminated in round 2 by Shiraitodai and Shindouji.
*** South Kanagawa: East Hakuraku High, presumably in Kanagawa Ward, Yokohama. Eliminated either in round 1 or 2.
* Shuuichirou Oonuma: Managura (Kumamoto Prefecture; strangely, named after an area in Hiroshima Prefecture)

Last edited by Arcorann; 2013-09-30 at 20:34.
Arcorann is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mahjong, nopan, seinen, sport, yuri