AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-09-03, 06:24   Link #621
Kaylia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qilin View Post
Still, we might all be reading too much into this, but I guess that just shows how much fun this show is to discuss.
I like to believe Jinrui's author was attempting to write something meaningful that is worth looking into! D: It's true we might be looking too far into it, but these discussions are far too interesting to not have. In fact, I have at least 10 times more fun debating this stuff than I have watching MuvLuv, Campionne or most other shows this season.

Quote:
I believe that it was after the fairies gained a sense of identity and self-awareness (receiving names) that they initially became conscious of religion. A slight divergence in our views, I'm sure, but it then portrays religion as a product of humanity's quest for self-discovery.
Identity and religion were definitively hot topics in this episode. The reason why I switched to "religion as catalyst" after initially leaning toward "identity" is mostly because everything else in this episodes was related to religion (the Holy Dictionary, the statue, the tag game). I'm sure they could have made a whole episode about identity, but other than the naming, I feel like there wasn't much in that direction.

Although, one possible interpretation of this episode is that "self awareness" made fairies do great thing, and religion screwed it up. We could probably look at every episodes with this duality in mind (something that make the civilization rise, and something else that cause the downfall)

Last edited by Kaylia; 2012-09-03 at 06:40.
Kaylia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-03, 07:31   Link #622
D-KLAC
KLAC OF THE ANIME WORLD

this week ep is so this how it all begins how main female meet the fairies?

sure 1st day work go dump then later sweet meet the fairies & bring few to see oh the fairy wet themselves on water?

then point finger all good & names for them then next day fairy build a city with giant robot too.

all good til book for names to give & next day make main female a god but no pass it to fairy in suit cue RUN & bye-bye fairy city.

wonder 2eps to go what next?
YOU EITHER ANIME NEXUS http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 OR AGAINST THE ANIME
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6WFM...eature=related
KLAC OF PERSONALITY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqyG8w0iMPw
D-KLAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-03, 13:13   Link #623
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer

Spoiler for Nyantype scan:
Old 2012-09-04, 02:49   Link #624
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

In this episode: more fairies pissing their pants, Watashi finding out what it means like to be a god on her first day on the job and how to make an entire (fairy) civilization crumble to dust right before her eyes. Brilliant.
Old 2012-09-04, 09:01   Link #625
whitecloud

so next stop most likely back to school?
whitecloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-04, 13:52   Link #626
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitecloud View Post
so next stop most likely back to school?
We already know what prob happened next as this so far represents ep. 1 in chronological order.
Old 2012-09-05, 06:39   Link #627
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Does anyone else think that when she speaks her diary entries the scene looks like the files in a Resident Evil game?
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-05, 18:12   Link #628
ruicarlov

It was a blatant reference.
All the way to how the diary ended.

Itchy....tasty....

http://residentevil.wikia.com/Keeper's_Diary

Just makes it all the creepier.
ruicarlov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-06, 00:06   Link #629
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Yeah hahaha I knew I recognized that. It's been more than 15 years ago.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-07, 12:30   Link #630
00Coyote

Preemptive D'awwww.
Spoiler for Long image is long:
00Coyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-07, 12:44   Link #631
Blaat

Normally I would be asking for a translation but the beauty of it you don't need able to read Japanese to get it.

Also D'awww (first time I've used it and may it be the last time )
Old 2012-09-07, 13:39   Link #632
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Is that canon material?
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-07, 16:11   Link #633
Blaat

It looks like fanart to me but I'd like to pretend it's canon.
Old 2012-09-07, 21:28   Link #634
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Is that canon material?
Nah, there was an episode that explained how her hair grew back. It was via a fairy concoction that she picked up. Her assistant had nothing to do with it. Her hair is sentient now.
Old 2012-09-07, 22:13   Link #635
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
Nah, there was an episode that explained how her hair grew back. It was via a fairy concoction that she picked up. Her assistant had nothing to do with it. Her hair is sentient now.
Yeah, I saw the episode obviously - I just thought that strip was rather close to the mark visually. It certainly wouldn't be unheard of for an adaptation to change the details of a story like that.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-07, 22:22   Link #636
Dawnstorm

Quote:
But wasn't the concoction in the bag of things the assistant collected (to sample the factory products)? I don't actually see this contradicting what we saw on screen. (Maybe the words do; I can't read them. But the images look consistent.)
Dawnstorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-07, 23:10   Link #637
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

We've only seen her use the stuff, we didn't see who got it for her. So unless it's proven otherwise, it's possible that the Assistant got it for her.
Old 2012-09-08, 02:01   Link #638
Blaat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Fire View Post
We've only seen her use the stuff, we didn't see who got it for her.
Quote:
Her assistant had nothing to do with it.
Dawnstorm is right assistant was the one who got the FairyCo stuff for Watashi, including the hair grow bottle.
Old 2012-09-09, 10:58   Link #639
Midonin
Last Engage

End of the World Party 11 - A Premise From Beyond the Selection Point

Maybe I shouldn't have asked for that. I thought last week was the start of things, but it turns out we can always go one step further back, to Mai's school days. And wow, that is a seriously depressing set of school days. Normally, a worn-down school building would have a sort of rustic charm to it, but this looks like it's one step away from being a haunted house. Seeing Y(umeria) again was nice, though. I was kind of hoping for more riddles. Kanemoto's character... I'll call her Asteria, while a little pushy on the friendship thing, seems relatively well-adjusted by anime standards.

She may not know about the fairies, and she is providing Mai with someone to talk to and... well, I can rule out lifelong friendships. She's never going to reappear in the series. It's looking more and more like Mai's existential loneliness is really her own fault, and I think she's the abnormal one here. I pity her. And the thing is, we haven't even seen what the fairies have done yet. Though, that Kanemoto voices the fairies at times, and voices Asteria, is suspicious.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-09, 11:46   Link #640
Blaat

Her schoollife was rather depressing, it really says enough that a robot (and fairy) was the only person she could talk to about her feelings.

Can't wait for next week's Fairy-sama ga Miteru. Although I am sad to see that next week will be the last episode. For those who read the LN is there enough material for another season?

Last edited by Blaat; 2012-09-09 at 12:23.
Blaat is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fantasy, shounen