AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

View Poll Results: To Aru Majutsu no Index - Episode 9 Rating
Perfect 10 36 36.00%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 27 27.00%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 22 22.00%
7 out of 10 : Good 12 12.00%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 3.00%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 100. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2010-12-06, 17:01   Link #121
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
It's actually a lot more than just delicious breasts. It has a good plot, lovable characters, and is quite funny. It could stand alone without the service. Oh, and the service is delicious. But it's so late in it's airing, I'd wait for the uncensored BDs to watch it.
im pretty sure it has plot but in my opinion i dont like the main guy character and all the time boobs.
I_am_Kami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-06, 17:40   Link #122
SuzushinaYuriko
SHSL Lurker

Quote:
youre right, multi directional laser and master spark.
The second one actually looks more like something Alice or Tenshi would use in the fighting games, with red lasers and all. The third one looks more like one of Utsuho's lasers in Hisoutensoku.
Old 2010-12-06, 18:17   Link #123
Divine witch
Yes,Captain Vocabulary.

Only good thing about this episode was pretty much the fact they puted a normal amount of fan service

(Not much of it in episode, but I liked that they don't cover the plot with fanservice hoping we aren't going to notice that they didn't gave their best shot at making this episode)

Spoiler for Episode 9:

Potentialy they could make this episode better, but im not going to judge them as other episodes were pretty good.
Divine witch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-06, 18:37   Link #124
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divine witch View Post
Why did the most time of episode was spent in garage with buses trying to track Oriana Thomson?
They were trying to use the paper she had left behind to trace back to her location.

Quote:
Why did Touma suddenly of all the times started caring for Stiyl?
He doesn't like him doesn't mean he's willing to throw him into the fire so to speak.

Quote:
And the main reason I was annoyed was thing im annoyed by some time now in the season.
In first season Misaka was very non-sociable and always was "Disliking" Touma and now suddenly this season the minute she See's Touma she blushes like he is proposing her.
Ahh you must have missed the episode where he did propose to her...

... Just kidding (I think), but it's similiar and it's call season 1 episode 18.

Whatever Touma said was super effective.

Quote:
The episode didn't revealed much things about sword's origin or some information about how can sword killl Saint in one kill and can't do a thing to a simple magician.
That was what last week was for.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-06, 20:24   Link #125
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

Quote:
In first season Misaka was very non-sociable and always was "Disliking" Touma and now suddenly this season the minute she See's Touma she blushes like he is proposing her.
They pointed out in railgun she sorta liked him but not alot. Then the SISTERS arc happened and then ep 18. Also the remnants arc. I guess you don't know the word for these types of women in animes. The word is ............(drumroll)
Tsundere
Old 2010-12-06, 20:50   Link #126
outerelf

Quote:
Erm- he's always 'cared' for Stiyl I suppose you could say. They fight, but if you remember in the Orsola Arc he said that he thought he could be friends with Stiyl.

Besides, Stiyl is a lot like Tsuchimikado and Aogami- both are willing to throw him into the line of fire, just like he's generally willing to throw them unless it becomes really serious.

Touma makes some really bad choices for friends, doesn't he?
outerelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-06, 21:33   Link #127
SuzushinaYuriko
SHSL Lurker

Quote:
As far as the season goes this episode was the worst.

Why did the most time of episode was spent in garage with buses trying to track Oriana Thomson?
And the main reason I was annoyed was thing im annoyed by some time now in the season.
The episode didn't revealed much things about sword's origin or some information about how can sword killl Saint in one kill and can't do a thing to a simple magician.
Would be nice if they added Laura Stuart into the episode to spice it up, but oh well.
Other than that episode was somewhat okay, but I hope the next one is going to be a little more exciting than this one.
1. Because it showcases Oriana's specialty in magic and delves into detail about how it works.
2. You saw how much pain Stiyl was in when the counterspell acted on him. Nobody would want that to happen a second time, especially not Touma.
3. She's a tsundere. Also, I'm not arguing for her or anything because I'm annoyed by it too, but Touma did push her down and it looked like he was going to kiss her.
4. Yes, that's what the last episode was for. The anime simplified it the best it could - the Stab Sword focuses on the act of stabbing and nailing that resulted in the death of Christ, so Saints who have similar bodies to Christ are placed in great danger.
5. Don't worry, it's not like Laura Stuart will only appear once this season or anything.
Old 2010-12-07, 02:12   Link #128
Master Chibi
.: A bad doggy :.

The thing I love about this show is the confidence it has in its setting / imagination.

I mean, to be honest most of the character designs are pretty lackluster / run of the mill, but there's a natural air about the show that manages to work somehow.

I loved the scene by the pole though, classic stuff.

My ONLY complaint is that I want to see more of Index kicking ass. Way, way, way too little of it.

Updated once a week - http://pishi.wordpress.com/
Last updated - 5/30/10 - Random Manga Roulette!
Master Chibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-07, 07:07   Link #129
Divine witch
Yes,Captain Vocabulary.

1. Okay maybe Touma got befriended with Stiyl, but isn't that too much compared what he does to him?
2. I know what is Tsundere but whatever he might've said there is no possibility that he changed her view of him that much. (P.S I like the little Daisies they added into her hair)
3.And they didn't revealed that much of Sword's history pretty much all they did was explained its power and why are they fightning for it and im sorry If I accidenatly missed the part where they explained where it is from how it was made (Enchanted) etc. etc.
4.Glad to hear there will be more of Laura Stuart =)
Divine witch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-07, 07:21   Link #130
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
1. Okay maybe Touma got befriended with Stiyl, but isn't that too much compared what he does to him?
Your mileage may vary.

Quote:
2. I know what is Tsundere but whatever he might've said there is no possibility that he changed her view of him that much. (P.S I like the little Daisies they added into her hair)
Why not? It's not really as sudden as you would like to think, slowly but surely Mikoto had been warming up to him.

The Fake Date story was when he really push her over the edge.

Quote:
3.And they didn't revealed that much of Sword's history pretty much all they did was explained its power and why are they fightning for it and im sorry If I accidenatly missed the part where they explained where it is from how it was made (Enchanted) etc. etc.
Maahh~I'm sure they'll get to it...

This series have a tendency to put a spin on initial assumptions, just recall the Book of the Law arc, nothing is what it seems when you're dealing with magic.
Old 2010-12-07, 11:01   Link #131
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

Quote:
Originally Posted by yukirosuzuka View Post
The second one actually looks more like something Alice or Tenshi would use in the fighting games, with red lasers and all. The third one looks more like one of Utsuho's lasers in Hisoutensoku.
Red lasers-Reisen's lunatic lasers/ Tenshi's 'C'+ '6' attack.
Yellow laser-Good ol' guncannon.

Well, in TAMnI, it's not the most predictable story, that's what I can say.
Hell_ping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-07, 17:49   Link #132
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Spoiler for Mindless Rant #1:

Quote:
Spoiler for Mindless Rant #2:

Once again thats just me ranting about things, and you all may already know this about now
Old 2010-12-07, 21:46   Link #133
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

question? index isnt supposed to be in the next ep right?
Old 2010-12-07, 21:51   Link #134
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_am_Kami View Post
question? index isnt supposed to be in the next ep right?
I don't see why not?
Old 2010-12-07, 22:45   Link #135
Himeji
Twintails are wintails!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahak86 View Post
Nice try, but why only go half the way?
This could be shopped a bit more

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahak86 View Post
She is funny! It's Naoe-chan from 'Hyakka Ryouran - Samurai Girls'. and I strongly suggest you to watch that series.
The girl in my sig is Naoe as well - now if that isn't a good reason to watch it...

Quote:
It's actually a lot more than just delicious breasts. It has a good plot, lovable characters, and is quite funny. It could stand alone without the service. Oh, and the service is delicious.
Yes, it's definitely worth watching! What are you still waitign for!?

Quote:
But it's so late in it's airing, I'd wait for the uncensored BDs to watch it.
Uncensored would certainly be great, but sadly, you'll still have to wait several months for the BDs to be completely out. The first BD with the first two BDs only appeared end of November, and at one BD with two eps each per month, it will still take until well into spring
Old 2010-12-08, 20:00   Link #136
Farix

Quote:
Maybe Touma is a masochist? All kidding aside, Touma isn't one that likes to see other people suffer, even if that person is someone he doesn't like. Why else would he put himself at risk for someone he just meet, like Index, Himegami, and Orsola Aquinas?

Quote:
Apparently you haven't watched the first season very closely. Misaka doesn't actually hate Touma. She just finds him annoying because she was not able to defeat him, which is an insult to her pride as a Level 5. However, during the Sister's arc, she got a chance to know him as a person she can respect and depend on instead of just a rival she is unable to defeat.
Farix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-09, 04:34   Link #137
all_flying

I'm new here, but I've been following the discussion for a while

1. Touma is too good of a person. You may say that his character is actually reflected Kazuma's Idea of "what a hero supposed to be".

2. Mikoto's feeling is "developing" ever since she met him in the middle of June. And their relation is not as simple as "one-sided" rivalry as many other LN reader might think. Its more complicated, they're kinda friendly at a time, butting & arguing even having a "sweet" clash each other at another time. (not to mention, having a "delicious" drama at another time too)

3. It will just make anime watcher gone to sleep. Besides, its not easy to make an anime based on LN. Both of them have a totally different "class".
all_flying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-09, 06:41   Link #138
IppoTsuko
Acadamy City's Number One

Quote:
Originally Posted by all_flying View Post
Mikoto's feeling is "developing" ever since she met him in the middle of June.
i thought she met him at July 19?
Old 2010-12-09, 07:05   Link #139
all_flying

Quote:
Originally Posted by IppoTsuko View Post
i thought she met him at July 19?
in Railgun manga CH July 17th part: 2 hinted that their first meeting is around one month ago (From July 17th). So, maybe its somewhere in June

Last edited by all_flying; 2010-12-11 at 06:12.
all_flying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-10, 14:11   Link #140
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
200 vs 20 i still would take those odds. The opening salvo from the elites wiped half of the 200 of the face of planet before they even made it to the balls lmao