Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-12-05, 22:33   Link #561
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiro View Post
Bringing in Hidehiko Sawada to work on Hisoka's scene was a good choice. That was some smooth animation.
Indeed =03. This gives me high hopes as to how the fights are going to be when they get animated.
frubam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-07, 00:59   Link #562
Toto y Moi
Amor Fati

Spoiler for Hunter x Hunter Episode 10 Comparison:

Last edited by Toto y Moi; 2011-12-07 at 01:56.
Toto y Moi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-08, 06:38   Link #563
rinichan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toto y Moi View Post
Spoiler for Hunter x Hunter Episode 10 Comparison:
thanks been waiting for this, yes youre right next week will be special. looking forward for next weeks review.
rinichan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-11, 00:14   Link #564
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

wow this week episode was great, im amazed hot they did the killua figth, its less graphical but more cruel, also it makes kill to see more pro.
Spoiler for also:
Old 2011-12-11, 00:22   Link #565
NJZanDatsu

Pretty good episode. The only thing i'm disappointed about is that Killua didn't crush the heart in hands. But it was handled well for it's time slot, and i'm happy they showed a good chunk of blood in this episode
NJZanDatsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-11, 01:59   Link #566
Goty

Send a message via ICQ to Goty
Pretty disappointing episode this week. Too much was edited out, like Jones' story and what he did to the cop's arm - the original anime was way more graphic and covered it all.
Goty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-11, 02:17   Link #567
rinichan

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeniselv View Post
Spoiler for also:
That's why I LOLed so hard at that anime series (for someone like me who follow the manga)....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goty View Post
Pretty disappointing episode this week. Too much was edited out, like Jones' story and what he did to the cop's arm - the original anime was way more graphic and covered it all.
Well because this version is in mid day how else will go censor it if not change some things(?) That's why I wanted this remake to be in latemid if you really like more detailed blood and violence. Chimera Ant arc should definetly get that time slot if ever they continue till there....

Well anyway I love how they censored ep 11
Spoiler for heartless:
they wrap Janus heart in a cloth . nice censorship. I thought theyre gonna use the shadow thingy style. But I guess I miss the portion when in the 99 series Killua crushed his heat. Cant wait for reviews....

I guess more rage will come from the old 99 fans (I'm part of that generation but...), so far I am happy even they censored this anime...

Last edited by rinichan; 2011-12-11 at 02:22. Reason: adjust spellings
Old 2011-12-11, 02:20   Link #568
NJZanDatsu

That cloth was part of the Mr. Johness the Dissector's shirt.
NJZanDatsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-11, 03:07   Link #569
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

you have to consider that even if the old series showed the heart and it beign crushed , it was just a black shadow, i still think this makes killua look like a profesional, also its not just the timeslot, nowadays we get a lot more censorship than in the 90's, but i can see the concern in the future arcs with censorship(this manga is gorier than a lot of seinens out there).
Old 2011-12-11, 03:30   Link #570
Megiddo

A black shadow?

It's obviously a heart. Heck, I took a screenshot from my DVDs.
Spoiler:

That cannot be considering anything other than a heart. There's no stupid bag or anything.
Megiddo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-11, 05:01   Link #571
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

thats a black shadow of a hearth, also jones had black blood in t in his chest he old series too, but i think of showing the heart in eveloped in part of his shirt was quite clever.
Old 2011-12-11, 05:15   Link #572
Belial13

damn the censoring.. would prefer a black shadow out of nowhere if it was uncensored on the dvd, this can't be uncensored tho
Belial13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-11, 07:07   Link #573
Gooral
Banned

Old anime handled this way better, not only the hart was shown, also Killua crushing it with a smile on his face too. In this version Killua is a saint compared to the old.

Spoiler for comparison:
Gooral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-11, 07:40   Link #574
Squarecrow
Supreme Ruler of Crowatia

I like that he didn't crush it and just taunted Mr. Mass Murderer with it.
Squarecrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-11, 08:10   Link #575
Kirarakim

I would hardly call Killua a "saint" in this episode

Actually I liked the effect of the beating heart suddenly going silent. It was quietly powerful!

But my favorite part was after the whole thing Gon & Killua were like let's look for some entertainment. I love those kids.
Old 2011-12-11, 08:25   Link #576
kakakka

The thread becomes very lively again.

LOL
kakakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-11, 08:28   Link #577
Clarste
Human

Personally, I like the new version better. Having it slowly stop beating gives a sense of powerlessness to the scene. And dropping it in his hand afterwards gives a bit more taunting "playing with his prey" feel.

I don't really care whether it was wrapped in cloth or not, it's still obviously a heart.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-11, 08:29   Link #578
rinichan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gooral View Post
Old anime handled this way better, not only the hart was shown, also Killua crushing it with a smile on his face too. In this version Killua is a saint compared to the old.

Spoiler for comparison:
I agree with this, I prefer the 99version of this part than todays version. But we cant blame 2011 version since its in mid day while 99 version has the 6:30pm timeslot before... I wish they change timeslot. I know that is possible since Hxh 2011 is rating.. But I guess its too late cause since September issue of WSJ they said they already animated till Celestial Tower Arc...

Ah censorship...
Old 2011-12-11, 10:53   Link #579
Gooral
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rinichan View Post
I agree with this, I prefer the 99version of this part than todays version. But we cant blame 2011 version since its in mid day while 99 version has the 6:30pm timeslot before... I wish they change timeslot. I know that is possible since Hxh 2011 is rating.. But I guess its too late cause since September issue of WSJ they said they already animated till Celestial Tower Arc...

Ah censorship...
These scenes are still rather mild but when chimera ant arc starts non-manga readers won't even know what ants do to humans unless it would be said by a narrator. By trying to please everyone this anime fails IMO. It should either be as faithful to the manga as possible or censored in a way kids could watch it. Now it's too brutal for kids and to ridiculous to adults. If new anime can't even match to old anime than I fail to see the purpose of re-making it.
Gooral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-11, 16:16   Link #580
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squarecrow View Post
I like that he didn't crush it and just taunted Mr. Mass Murderer with it.
This. Smiling and "returning" the heart to Johness is way more chilling than simply crushing it.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, shounen