AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2012-08-22, 08:45   Link #21
Hiking_Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinso Tsukune View Post
I hope Kishi don't do anything to keep Tobi from revealing his identity, even though Naruto broke his mask with the rasengan.
It's kind of funny - all this suspense over Tobi's face. Meanwhile, half of a manga character's face is the eyes + hair (which we've already seen). What's left? Nose and Mouth? Two dots and a horizontal line.

I'm telling you ... when we finally get to see that horizontal line, it had better be something pretty spectacular
Old 2012-08-22, 09:13   Link #22
Phoenix321

Why is everyone so exited that the mask broke?
You make it sound like there's only ONE mask.
"There was never only one."
Tobi is going to pull out another mask from his dimension just like those huge Ninja Stars =p
Phoenix321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-22, 09:23   Link #23
Taco Bell
Gordita's for Everyone

tobis face is just going to be a spiral again after getting hit by a rasengan.
Taco Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-22, 09:25   Link #24
ronin myael
lost ronin

so finally kishi shows tobi using mangekyou and it's the same one as kakashi's. is it just obito's eye tobi is using or is tobi obito himself? how would you guys feel if kishi went with the "tobi is obito" route? i'm just curious.
Old 2012-08-22, 09:31   Link #25
carcanclaw
Kitty?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronin myael View Post
so finally kishi shows tobi using mangekyou and it's the same one as kakashi's. is it just obito's eye tobi is using or is tobi obito himself? how would you guys feel if kishi went with the "tobi is obito" route? i'm just curious.
I'd feel like he contradicted a lot of the established connections that Tobi has. Back when Obito was just a kid/infant/not even born, Tobi was already hanging out with Kisame, Nagato and (the big one) Madara himself.

Madara knew immediately who Tobi was, that's heavy evidence that Tobi isn't a young guy. Kisame has seen Tobi's face and recognized it as the same face he saw decades ago, Obito was still alive when Tobi masqueraded as the Mizukage.

Obito is a red herring. It's either Izuna or Kagami, and my money is on Izuna because of how much Tobi knows about Izuna and Madara's relationship, seemingly from personal experience.
carcanclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-22, 09:32   Link #26
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Final confirmation that Tobi has Obito's eye and that he using MS when he uses the phasing abilities.

Well, that's out of the way at least.
yay! but I will miss arguing that... also confirmation that it is kamui

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGoten View Post
Well, that's it. A Rasengan to the head. Tobi's dead. Doesn't matter who he was now.
nah. he's said the mask was special. I'm sure it absorbed the bulk of the rasengan. also, tobi/obito survived a cave-in pretty well. he ain't dead yet

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronin myael View Post
It'll depend on the explanation of how obito knows so much and how he got so good so fast. i still think there's a little madara in there, but I'll settle for another older wiser ninja if need be. if just obito, i only hope it makes sense. kabuto did become a sage pretty quickly i guess.... some ninja just elevate in power exponentially i guess, look at naruto after all
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-22, 09:37   Link #27
milan kyuubi
Call me MK! :)
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
nah. he's said the mask was special. I'm sure it absorbed the bulk of the rasengan. also, tobi/obito survived a cave-in pretty well. he ain't dead yet
You make it sound like you know he is Obito already. I think carcanclaw pointed out really good points. It can't be Obito since Tobi existed while Obito was still alive.

Just imagine this, in a few days we want be able to have this discussions anymore

Last edited by milan kyuubi; 2012-08-22 at 09:52.
milan kyuubi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-22, 09:42   Link #28
ronin myael
lost ronin

Quote:
Originally Posted by carcanclaw View Post
I'd feel like he contradicted a lot of the established connections that Tobi has. Back when Obito was just a kid/infant/not even born, Tobi was already hanging out with Kisame, Nagato and (the big one) Madara himself.

Madara knew immediately who Tobi was, that's heavy evidence that Tobi isn't a young guy. Kisame has seen Tobi's face and recognized it as the same face he saw decades ago, Obito was still alive when Tobi masqueraded as the Mizukage.

Obito is a red herring. It's either Izuna or Kagami, and my money is on Izuna because of how much Tobi knows about Izuna and Madara's relationship, seemingly from personal experience.
i can't help nodding at your every point. let's hope kishi remembers these things.
Old 2012-08-22, 09:54   Link #29
carcanclaw
Kitty?

Also, the guy has an entire room FILLED with Uchiha eyes. With all of the advanced eye techniques he uses, is it even feasible to think that he'd be using the same eyes for any length of time? Let alone his original pair for over 10 years?

I'm sure he swaps them out regularly, how else would he know the procedure for transplanting them that he used on Sasuke?
carcanclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-22, 10:12   Link #30
LeaD36
LeaDfactor

Send a message via MSN to LeaD36
and under the mask IIIIISSSS
Spoiler for mask:
LeaD36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-22, 10:51   Link #31
james0246

None of this explains how Tobi was able to stave off his eyes destruction for the past 17 or so years. Even with the undoubtedly large amount of Senjuu goo in him, I am unclear how the eye has been able to function so perfectly after near constant use for 17+ years. Hopefully Kishimoto will try an explain this at some point.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-22, 11:02   Link #32
yakumo-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by carcanclaw View Post
but we dont know when he was hanging out with Kisame back then, also Kisame is only 32 yrs old, only 2 years older than Kakashi which is 30....

Kakashi is having a doubt that TObi is Obito WOOOOO!!!!! YEAH BABY! HAHA
Old 2012-08-22, 11:28   Link #33
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Quote:
None of this explains how Tobi was able to stave off his eyes destruction for the past 17 or so years. Even with the undoubtedly large amount of Senjuu goo in him, I am unclear how the eye has been able to function so perfectly after near constant use for 17+ years. Hopefully Kishimoto will try an explain this at some point.
If Senju DNA allowed Danzou to use Shisui's eye after a few hours instead of 10 years it doesn't seem so incredible that Tobi could spam his MS for so long.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-22, 11:43   Link #34
Rahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by yakumo-chan View Post
but we dont know when he was hanging out with Kisame back then, also Kisame is only 32 yrs old, only 2 years older than Kakashi which is 30....

Kakashi is having a doubt that TObi is Obito WOOOOO!!!!! YEAH BABY! HAHA
We don't know when Kisame hung out with Tobi but we know that when Zabuza was a child (hence when Obito was a child), Yagura's Bloody Mist tradition was already solidly established. So the masked man around Yagura can't be Obito.

If the short haired masked man is Obito, then I guess there are 2 different masked men.

The long haired one, with KotoAmatsukami who genjutsued Yagura, helped Yahiko (who died way before Obito) set up Akatsuki and met Itachi.
He never bothered to do anything himself (we don't have flashbacks of Tobi's involvement in the massacre, but Danzou recognized the short haired one as the guy from the massacre and I think it will be the short haired one who fought even though it's the long haired one Itachi met) so I guess he is either ooooold man Madara (before he promoted Tobi to become his substitute until his resurrection) or the guy Sasuke is going to meet. In any case, he is the guy who planned this whole war.

The short haired one, with Obito's jutsu. This guy doesn't have Obito's body (he is made of Zetsu's goo and became adult too quickly) nor does he have his will. The combination of the long haired masked man's KotoAmatsukami and Madara's little trick on Hashirama explain what he is and why he is doing that. (Rin dying would be a very weak reason for Obito to turn evil, but an excellent motivator for KotoAmatsukami)
His only confirmed involvement was during the Kyuubi attack and then going from Zetsu's underling (hint : Zetsu was created from the Hashirama cells Madara collected, hence is probably the real Madara's underling) to Akatsuki's shadow leader.
Most likely a pawn going rogue. (there is no way a warrior like Madara would wish for Tobi's little dollhouse genjutsu. Whatever his Moon Eye Plan, it is different. It has to represent the ways of the Sage's older son)

This is why Madara's fight has been put on hold. He is actually more important than Tobi's plotwise (not only Tobi gave up on the full juubi, but his motivations and goals fail to make him play a role in the Rikudou's legacy war (which is the real main plot now)
Which is why Naruto won't need to do much more than being Kakashi's subordinate against what most thought would be the final villain. Tobi is nothing more than an appetizer. Madara already said he would be going after Naruto and there is no reason he should't now.

Last edited by Rahan; 2012-08-22 at 12:08.
Rahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-22, 12:05   Link #35
neji-kun

Couldn't the masked man with the long hair be the Actual Madara? while the short haired one be tobi. Meaning they both wore masks, explaining the time differentials
neji-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-22, 12:07   Link #36
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by milan kyuubi View Post
You make it sound like you know he is Obito already. I think carcanclaw pointed out really good points. It can't be Obito since Tobi existed while Obito was still alive.
well it clearly can be obito or kishi wouldn't be toying with the possibility literally 1 chapter before the reveal (assuming we stay on this fight next chapter which is unlikely but still 1 chapter away storywise).

obito theory has been made fun of for years yet here we are debating it until the very end. aside from the multitude of hints over the years that tobi has been part obito we need to also look at kakashi's reaction and tobi's dialogue recently. would kakashi be that broken up if he thought some villain was just using obito's eye? would izuna or kagami not want kakashi's MS for backup purposes? would izuna or kagami or whichever other older wiser relic ninja you want to guess at give a crap about kakashi like tobi does? would izuna or kagami randomly name himself tobi, obito in reverse, just because he is using his eye? i dont think so

Quote:
Just imagine this, in a few days we want be able to have this discussions anymore
I know.. I'm going to miss it

Quote:
not only is the senju dna doing it, but tobi is more experienced and therefore can use his chakra more wisely. just look at how many times kakashi can use kamui now compared to his fight vs. deidara. also, tobi wasn't using it constantly for 17 years. he mostly only used it when we saw him which was during crucial times in his life. i'm sure thousands of days passed in that time when he wasnt using MS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahan View Post
We don't know when Kisame hung out with Tobi but we know that when Zabuza was a child (hence when Obito was a child), Yagura's Bloody Mist tradition was already solidly established. So the masked man around Yagura can't be Obito.
we know that tobi had long hair for the uchiha massacre which would be after the bridge incident so him changing styles for obito doesn't add up. i think tobi may have been around before obito's eyes. we've seen body changing before in naruto. if it's part madara or izuna then it makes sense that he would need new vessels.

Quote:
The short haired one, with Obito's jutsu. This guy doesn't have Obito's body (he is made of Zetsu's goo and became adult too quickly) nor does he have his will.
this makes no sense logically. you rightfully say he is made up of zetsu goo, but then dismiss the idea that he can be an adult form. why can't the zetsu goo make up an adult form? it makes more sense actually than keeping him shorter. its basically a whole new body anyway
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-22, 12:10   Link #37
prakash123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahan View Post

If the short haired masked man is Obito, then I guess there are 2 different masked men.

The long haired one, with KotoAmatsukami who genjutsued Yagura, helped Yahiko (who died way before Obito) set up Akatsuki and met Itachi.
He never bothered to do anything himself (we don't have flashbacks of Tobi's involvement in the massacre, but Danzou recognized the short haired one as the guy from the massacre and I think it will be the short haired one who fought even though it's the long haired one Itachi met) so I guess he is either ooooold man Madara (before he promoted Tobi to become his substitute until his resurrection) or the guy Sasuke is going to meet. In any case, he is the guy who planned this whole war.

The short haired one, with Obito's jutsu. This guy doesn't have Obito's body (he is made of Zetsu's goo and became adult too quickly) nor does he have his will. The combination of the long haired masked man's KotoAmatsukami and Madara's little trick on Hashirama explain what he is and why he is doing that. (Rin dying would be a very weak reason for Obito to turn evil, but an excellent motivator for KotoAmatsukami)
His only confirmed involvement was during the Kyuubi attack and then going from Zetsu's underling (hint : Zetsu was created from the Hashirama cells Madara collected, hence is probably the real Madara's underling) to Akatsuki's shadow leader.
Most likely a pawn going rogue. (there is no way a warrior like Madara would wish for Tobi's little dollhouse genjutsu. Whatever his Moon Eye Plan, it is different).
This is why Madara's fight has been put on hold. He is actually more important than Tobi's plotwise (not only Tobi gave up on the full juubi, but his motivations and goals fail to make him play a role in the Rikudou's legacy war (which is the real main plot now)
Which is why Naruto won't need to do much more than being Kakashi's subordinate against what most thought would be the final villain. Tobi is nothing more than an appetizer. Madara already said he would be going after Naruto and there is no reason he should't now.
was it ever said that kotoamtsukami was used by tobi to control the mizukage?i cant recall.and as far as i know, uhciha shisui was the only one who had that power right?from is MS?shisui only lost his eye to danzou and gave the other to itachi.so how could tobi have accquired that tech?or am i misreading ur whole point?
prakash123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-22, 12:15   Link #38
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
If Senju DNA allowed Danzou to use Shisui's eye after a few hours instead of 10 years it doesn't seem so incredible that Tobi could spam his MS for so long.
Fair enough. The arbitrary 10 year delay always seemed stupid, but I guess it was really just there to shoehorn in Tobi's ability.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neji-kun View Post
Couldn't the masked man with the long hair be the Actual Madara? while the short haired one be tobi. Meaning they both wore masks, explaining the time differentials
Madara died some time after he gave his eyes to Nagato, so once we know when that happened everything else will fall into place.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-22, 12:17   Link #39
Rahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
this makes no sense logically. you rightfully say he is made up of zetsu goo, but then dismiss the idea that he can be an adult form. why can't the zetsu goo make up an adult form? it makes more sense actually than keeping him shorter. its basically a whole new body anyway
Well, adding adults parts of Zetsu would turn him into a freak with the Zetsu's part of his body (what was crushed) bigger than the real parts of his body. So since he had an adult sized body during the attack, he was either 100% Zetsu or some sort of technique was used so that his old body would fit adult sized Zetsu implants.

In both case, he is still someone creation. Which was my point. Obito didn't awake MS, randomly teleport to Madara's old base and save himself with Zetsu's goo. There is someone behind his new body like there is someone behind his new will. He is clearly a puppet or at least was intented to be used as a puppet and this would be more apparent if he had been picked up by Sasori instead of Madara or the long haired masked man (his body would be puppetified instead of being Zetsuified, so he literally would be a puppet)

Quote:
Originally Posted by prakash123 View Post
was it ever said that kotoamtsukami was used by tobi to control the mizukage?i cant recall.and as far as i know, uhciha shisui was the only one who had that power right?from is MS?shisui only lost his eye to danzou and gave the other to itachi.so how could tobi have accquired that tech?or am i misreading ur whole point?
Ao told the genjutsus Mifune and Yagura were put under were the same.

Last edited by Rahan; 2012-08-22 at 12:41.
Rahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-22, 12:18   Link #40
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

It still could go either way, he could be Obito, he could be someone else.

The main thing is though, if it does turn out to be Obito, I hope Kishimoto is ready to manage the army of plotholes that results from it.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
weekly spoiler discussion