AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2013-01-30, 01:00   Link #1
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

[Manga] Naruto Chapter 618 Discussion Thread

Welcome to the weekly manga chapter discussion thread. This thread is created early to discuss spoilers and speculation about the upcoming chapter as well as discussion of said chapter once it has been released.

As per the forums rules, please don't ask for or mention about where to download the (licensed) manga. Also remember not to post or link to any translations of the manga, since this is illegal as well. Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome) but please do not discuss scans, raws, translation groups, etc. Additionally, if you are posting someone else's synopsis (or their translation of a synopsis), then please provide credit were credit is due.

Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This stands for pictures and direct translations. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK as well if you want to illustrate your point but this is it.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-30, 01:10   Link #2
DarkRaven
GOD

chapter is out!
and the hokages are back!!
DarkRaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-30, 01:19   Link #3
II Maestro

Looks like Orochimaru release the soul of the previous Hokage inside the Seals stomach to do a Edo Tensei.
Old 2013-01-30, 01:20   Link #4
gibits
Endless

So..... Oro could have healed his arms and release the death god seal this whole time? Then pray tell, why did he wait this long to do it?

And wasn't the village destroyed by Pain? They filled that big hole from the Almighty Push and rebuilt the place while fighting a war?
gibits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-30, 01:23   Link #5
itachi-san314

called that one quite a while back =)

i like it. i think it's the most interesting possibility. orochimaru's always been my favorite villain and now we will get to see him at full strength and probably stronger than ever at some point
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-30, 01:25   Link #6
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
Hokage's are back?! Say what!?

Jyuubi vs 4 Hokages. Go!
Old 2013-01-30, 01:28   Link #7
MC117

Hell yeah! epic chapter is fucking epic! now I wonder if minato will see Naruto one more time, maybe hashirama will be the one to take down madara once again? kishi why you do this man!? I don't know how I will be able to wait one whole week for the next chapter, I hope that he won't take a break next week. That would kill me XD
Old 2013-01-30, 01:29   Link #8
ChronoReverse

I'm assuming it was the research done subsequently after the failure with Tsunade that Orochimaru discovered how to do it (or Kabuto even later on).

Still don't like that it's possible. The Death God thing had always felt like the the ultimate in Naruto but not so anymore.
ChronoReverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-30, 01:57   Link #9
Midnight Commander

Oh this is really good lol... Best chapter in quite a while; we're about to get some actual story telling, finally... I had no idea Sasuke had all those zetsu clones inside him; this may hint to him attaining the rinnegan since Zetsu has Hashirama's DNA. Orochimaru probably couldn't attempt this before because of it being right in the heart of Konoha considering his weak condition and the jutsu to open the door probably had a constraint associated with the ninja being an Uchiha.

I'm really looking forward to seeing him in action at full strength, and perhaps the zetsu body will allow him some extra perks as well. It would be interesting to see what he has to say about Tsunade. And, I must say with Sasuke standing behind Orochimaru the way he was during the ritual, I was pretty nervous that he was about to make a "change of plans" lol. I guess its Oro who has full control of the Kages, so we should be seeing this team together for at least a little while; which I don't mind at all. Sasuke definitely needs the side characters around him since he has the personality of a rock. I enjoyed the chatting between Oro and Sugetsu.

Last edited by Midnight Commander; 2013-01-30 at 02:12.
Midnight Commander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-30, 01:59   Link #10
solidguy
I'm not a tumor

Damn this is big! I think with the way things are heading Madara is not the final villian, it will either be Sasuke or Oro. Harashima will get his moment to shine again against Madara, and possibly Tobi with Minato.
solidguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-30, 02:08   Link #11
JackRydden224
Knight of Twelve's Knight

I must have missed something. Do we have any indication that the group of Hokage is going to take on Jyuubi and Co.?

I would be cool to see Minato smack Obito around a bit but I guess I missed the hint?
Old 2013-01-30, 02:14   Link #12
ranchan13

Saw that one coming from 30 chapters back.
My only hope now is that the 4th gets to see Naruto deliver the death blow to the Jyuubi
Integrated
Artificial
Lifeform
ranchan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-30, 02:37   Link #13
Libros
I never hid my hurts.

Hold up a minute, I must have missed a chapter here, when exactly was orochi summoned/revived? when did he absorb Kabuto's chakra? I must have missed a chapter.
Libros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-30, 02:48   Link #14
bodo
shirking idiots ...

So the next 20-30 chapters will be flashbacks and talking, all the infos about Madara`s goals, Uchiha Police Force, Uchiha rebellion and the nine tails attack will be revealed (there are things that were revealed but Sasuke doesn't know them, but I hope Kishi will skip them and give new infos).
Now that they are out there is a (big) chance Naruto will sense them and send a clone to check them up ... also hope he will take back the other half of Kurama.
Old 2013-01-30, 02:49   Link #15
solidguy
I'm not a tumor

So I guess everybody is getting together to see out the final battle...I wonder when Jiraiya will make his appearance
solidguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-30, 02:50   Link #16
sasuke2007
Missing-Nin

^ that happened a while ago

They can't make the hokages take on the jyuubi, it will look like the village hasn't progressed in strength since the firsts days. Like getting your grandpa to fight a battle for you! I hope they don't interfere too much and let naruto surpass everyone

It's Showtime
sasuke2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-30, 02:56   Link #17
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

An interesting development that's for sure, though I have no idea what's going to happen in light of it.

So what exactly is Sasuke's motivation anymore? He still going for destroying the village? Does he even know anymore?

I'm very curious about the conversations that are going to take place here. I imagine he wants to talk with the First and Second about the clans and such. The Third perhaps regarding the massacre. No clue what he'd want with Minato since I can't think of information he'd have that would be of any interest except perhaps the bit that Obito was behind the Nine Tails attack.

That does open possibilities as the reason the Uchiha clan was going to rebel was because they resented the way they were being treated, which if I remember correctly was a result of the officials in Konoha thinking a member of the clan was behind Kurama's attack. Which makes the treatment of the clan at that stage and the events after the result of Obito and in a way Madara's actions. So that might give Sasuke a reason to join against them if temporarily as a means of getting revenge.

What's an even more interesting is what will happen after questioning. Will Orochimaru wipe out their will and have an army of probably the most powerful ninja ever with a few exceptions? Or have them retain it and join the fight?

If they did join the war, it would pretty much spell the end for Madara and Obito unless they pull off the whole plan.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Dann of Thursday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-30, 03:00   Link #18
darry

so Kurama will get his other half back and double his Power i guess
darry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-30, 03:08   Link #19
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Quote:
Originally Posted by darry View Post
so Kurama will get his other half back and double his Power i guess
Indeed, I'm wondering if it will just go back to Kurama or what.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Dann of Thursday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-30, 03:14   Link #20
Taco Bell
Gordita's for Everyone

yah i agree i don't know what saskue can ask that he doesn't already know. "Why did you kill all the uchihas?" he would ask.

the hokages would just be like "Well they were going to rebel so it was either us or them."

Either way it was cool to see them back. Orochimaru just got hella powerful having all the kages under his summon. If he really wanted to he could kick sasukes ass and steal his body right now.
Taco Bell is offline   Reply With Quote