AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2003-12-18, 23:42   Link #41
ltorivia485

Live-EviL?!?!

Too bad Live-EviL lumped the episodes together where you have to download 600-700MB of a torrent file. I am really disappointed!

Given my slow connection, I rather download episode by episode!!!!
ltorivia485 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-18, 23:54   Link #42
Tofusensei

Send a message via AIM to Tofusensei
Quote:
Originally Posted by ltorivia485
Too bad Live-EviL lumped the episodes together where you have to download 600-700MB of a torrent file. I am really disappointed!

Given my slow connection, I rather download episode by episode!!!!
Hehe, it's all a secret plot to make people watch Rumic Theater :P

Seriously though, if you have a slow connection, you really should come on irc instead. We've got 2 XDCC bots with all the Mermaid's Forest eps on them, and more archive fserves as well. Just a tip ^_^;;

L-E|Condor|Rumiko is your friend :P

-Tofu
Tofusensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-19, 12:33   Link #43
Orochi
8-headed Dragon.

Send a message via AIM to Orochi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tofusensei

Seriously though, if you have a slow connection, you really should come on irc instead. We've got 2 XDCC bots with all the Mermaid's Forest eps on them, and more archive fserves as well. Just a tip ^_^;;

-Tofu
Oh, whoops. I came to this thread to bitch about the Rumic Theatre batch torrent, too, but someone beat me to it. What were they thinking? I've never even heard of Rumic Theatre...

Is it any good?
Orochi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-19, 15:24   Link #44
GATX207_Blitz
Gobble Gobble

Send a message via MSN to GATX207_Blitz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Go-lytely
The ED of Mermaid's forest is one of those songs that totally fits the mood of the series.

Rumic Theater is completely unrelated to Mermaid's forest. It is self-contained stories about average Japanese people living in sometimes extraordinary circumstances. Episodes range from an average salryman who has to take care of his bosses dog and mistress to a housewife who must keep a secret from the other tenants about owning a penguin or risk being kicked out. Sometimes funny but always having that Rumiko Takahashi charm to it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orochi
I've never even heard of Rumic Theatre...

Is it any good?
hey orochi you should read all the posts. Oh and mermaids forest is great you should definitley go and watch it
GATX207_Blitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-19, 23:52   Link #45
Orochi
8-headed Dragon.

Send a message via AIM to Orochi
Ah, sorry...I skipped quite a bit at a point where the conversation seeemd to drag...Guess I shouldn't have asked a question after doing so, ne? My bad.
Orochi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-20, 22:44   Link #46
ltorivia485

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tofusensei

-Tofu

Tofu, is there any way I can download Mermaid's Forest by episode? Where is the link? I would definitely appreciate it!!

All I need is Episode 7. I have Episodes 1 - 6.
Old 2003-12-20, 23:01   Link #47
bOcyOgl
lv.2 频道贼

Quote:
Tofu, is there any way I can download Mermaid's Forest by episode? Where is the link? I would definitely appreciate it!!

All I need is Episode 7. I have Episodes 1 - 6.
[Live-eviL] Mermaids Forest - Ep 07 (Xvid 1.0 beta2).avi.torrent

notify me if its against the rules to post torrent here
bOcyOgl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-22, 01:07   Link #48
Anlushac11

Cool

Im really liking this and I am liking how Mana's personality and character are developing. I am really starting to like her. The story and characters so far have been excellent.
Anlushac11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-27, 15:03   Link #49
Gina-bunny

Arrow Mermaid's Forest & Rumic Theater

First and foremost, I would like to send my thanks to Live-eviL for subbing this series. The old Mermaid Forest & Mermaid Scar OVA/Movies? were the first anime I ever watched and having the TV series now is excellent. So, thank you from the bottom of my heart!! You guys do great work! (oh, and I am loving Rose of Versailles as well).

Second, I have to ask even though I am dreading that I know the answer. Is eleven episodes all there really are to the TV series? Ten and eleven are a part one and two. That means there will be no Mermaid Scar or Mermaid Gaze in the series. Scar is my favorite and I am so sad to realize it won't be there

Does anyone know if there is there going to be a third season of Rumic Theater? Or is unknown right now? Or is it just a dream? *sigh* Well, here's hoping!

Once again, Live-eviL is awesome!! ^^
Gina-bunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-29, 19:17   Link #50
Tofusensei

Send a message via AIM to Tofusensei
*_*

At this time there is no plan for a 3rd season, and I doubt there will be. Also, to my knowledge, the only unaired portion of the Mermaid's Saga is the Mermaid's Scar story. I guess they figured they did such a nice job with the OAV that they didn't need to reanimate it

I hope they put the Mermaid's Scar OAV on DVD with the Mermaid's Forest DVD box set! That would be wonderful! Anyway, I do believe Mermaid's Gaze (I'm not 100% which part of the Japanese manga that corresponds to since they renamed it for the english release) was or will be animated. And yes, it ends at episode 11.

-Tofusensei
Tofusensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-28, 12:29   Link #51
ltorivia485

When will Episodes 10 and 11 be posted? It's going on February...
Old 2004-01-28, 13:24   Link #52
durrem
[megaplay] *sparkles*

Quote:
When will Episodes 10 and 11 be posted? It's going on February...
Please see this thread:

http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...5926#post45926
durrem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-28, 18:26   Link #53
ltorivia485

Quote:
Originally Posted by durrem
thanks so much, durrem. Nice icon. =)
Old 2004-02-15, 22:11   Link #54
Zelgadis
aka. ZP

Send a message via MSN to Zelgadis
Mermaid Forest episodes 10 and 11

Will episodes 10 and 11 be reliesed for Mermaid Forest? I have searched the forums and live-evil pages for information about the rest of the Mermaid Forest series without success. It isn't even mentioned on the web page. Maybe it got dropped for some reason. Please inform. Thank you live-evil for bringing me one of my favorites such as Condor Hero among others. I only wished it was easier to get information from you.

Zelgadis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-15, 23:06   Link #55
Tellu54
Banned

I haven't heard of it being dropped... but you know, L-E maintains an IRC channel. #live-evil@irc.enterthegame.com last I checked, or maybe I dreamed that.
Tellu54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-16, 05:54   Link #56
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelgadis
I have searched the forums and live-evil pages for information about the rest of the Mermaid Forest series without success.
Errrrmm, sorry to say but you didn't do exactly a good job on searching did you

The L-E web site has it's own forum and in that forum there is even a thread called Mermaid Forest Project Dropped???. While it doesn't help you with your question, it does seem a more logical place to annoy^H^H^H^H^H ask L-E about it. They also have a link to their IRC channel from the site.

Also, AnimeSuki lists their channel and site under the Group link at the top of the page. Plus in this very forum we have a sticky called Do NOT ask when the next episode will be released!. I won't mention the fact that this particular forum is for discussion of fansubs, not somewhere to whinge and whine about the lack of them. Sorry if this sounds harsh but we really are getting too many similar threads around here, I don't know how the fansubs groups put up with it. They do all the hard work just for the fans and what do they get out of it, constant complaints...

So please just have patience, they will release it when it's ready. Considering they are the only group fansubbing this series, you should be showering praise on L-E instead of complaining that they aren't going fast enough for your satisfaction.

Closing thread.
xris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-12, 23:49   Link #57
Tommy
Mr. Prince

Yes! the wait is over episode 10 and 11 are out!
Tommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-12, 23:51   Link #58
sothis

Thank You!
sothis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-13, 02:00   Link #59
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

You don't even know the coolest thing about these episodes! After the original editor disappeared off the face of the earth, they were stalled in production for two months until a new editor appeared. The coolest thing about these two episodes is that the relief editor is me! Yay! I'm a fansubber now! I'm busy downloading these episodes so that I can see my name in the credits.

So, if you feel the need to thank someone for bringing you these episodes after so long, you can thank me.

PS. After all that whooping, I'd like to mention that Tofusensei was an awesome translator and great to work with. Thanks for teaching me the ropes Tofusensei.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-13, 02:11   Link #60
Keitaro
*Kyuuketsuki Otaku*

Congrats Nosanninwa, on your first fansubbing gig. And a big thanks to Live-Evil for continuing fansubbing this wonderful series. Can't wait to see your name in the credits Nosanninwa! Good Job!