Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2012-07-27, 20:51   Link #1101
evil|plushie
The Last Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by mironicus View Post

Just look at all the girls: Rika and Yozora with her own way of friendship want that Kodaka should adapt towards them to their liking: So he should accept being a sex-friend or a childhood-friend. Kodaka don't want to adapt towards them because he wants that a girl should adapt towards him instead... sounds weird? And Sena does it as the only girl - she is supposed to be the best in anything she does.
This kinda contradicts your previous quote

Quote:
So if someone asks Kodaka to date him, he probably won't say "Don't wanna", because he is not in a position where he has much choices anyway.
So does he have a choice or not -_-

http://sining83.blogspot.com
evil|plushie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-28, 05:45   Link #1102
mironicus

He did not had any choices because there was no one he could take serious about love - that changed after Sena's confession.

If you replace "Someone" with "Sena" you know what I really meant with this sentence.

Spoiler:

Last edited by mironicus; 2012-07-28 at 07:01.
mironicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-28, 06:50   Link #1103
sky black swordman

First
Quote:
Kobato is an important link between them. If Kodaka would forbid Sena to have her way with his sister the relationship between them would suffer. So... he let her!
He sacrificed his sister!? Kodaka you fool you do know Sena is a Lolicon!

Quote:
Kodaka don't want to adapt towards them because he wants that a girl should adapt towards him instead...
Interesting what gives this idea that kodaka wants this ? Examples if you may.
Old 2012-07-28, 08:10   Link #1104
mironicus

Chapter "It's A Date No Matter How You Look At It. Seriously, etc."

He gives her all the information she wants about his sister and much more so that he supports her actively to become closer to her.

He goes even this far that he tells her what Kobato likes and what not - very private things. While talking he gives her also personal informations about himself. Sena listens and now she is able to adapt towards him even more. Kodaka also points out some things what he really likes about her and he makes her a compliment - without being asked.

Sena is usually very straight but very shy to address Kodaka romantically. And of course, within the club Sena just sees the whole time that Kodaka rejects any girl that makes advances on him. So she is just holding back the whole time. But you'll see - if there is a opportunity to become closer to him - like the kiss while playing the king game - she just do it without any hesitation. And Kodaka also did not hesitate. And talking about Kobato is a good topic to become closer to each other, too - though they did not had so much time to talk further during the shopping date.

Chapter Maid Cafe

And a prove that Kodaka is actually interested in her: He did not want to leave the club room first while Sena was about to change into a maid costume.

Quote:
"Fine, I guess I can do it. Hey, Kodaka! I'm changing, get out of here!"

"I can't just close my eyes like before?"

"What wuzzat?"

She started glaring at me.

"......You've got two previous offenses after all."

"Eh?"

"Nothing! Hurry up and get out!"

"A-alright."
Well, trying a glimpse or just hearing the sound of changing clothes on Sena's body is sure tempting.

And a good hint that Sena also thinks about him:

Chapter "Birthday Party (With The Neighbors Club)"

Kodaka wanted to buy meat for dinner during their shopping date but Sena did not let him. She wanted to buy a present for Kobato.

Quote:
Next up was Sena, who gave Kobato two kilograms of high grade sukiyaki beef.

"...What, so you ended up going with meat after all?"

I said in a tiny voice, causing Sena to blush.

"S-shut up, I couldn't help it... This is the best thing I could think of... besides, you said you wanted to have some and all..."
And about Kobato being sacrificed: Look at the PSP game.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVvRi...B6E484EAFE9C37

From 6:00 onwards.

"Well, since it's Sena, I'm certain that she'll make sure to cover Kobato's whole body with sunblock. Just bear with it, Kobato!"

He really sacrifices his sister.
Kodaka is not that dense it seems. Kobato has to get used to Sena. He is really thinking ahead.

Last edited by mironicus; 2012-07-28 at 12:42.
Old 2012-07-28, 10:09   Link #1105
Johnny
Working the bags...

PSP game means squat since this is the light novel area and it never happened. As far as I can tell he doesn't trust Sena with Kobato as much as you think he does, and Kobato herself is terrified of Sena. The other stuff mentioned is just your own interpretation. Nothing concrete in anything you pointed out...
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-28, 10:15   Link #1106
darkvader68

I don't think anyone trust Sena with Kobato... She is a little delusional on that aspect... Like I said they all have personal downfalls and that Sena for sure. However he doesn't really attempt to stop her... So by all means he has a point now I feel sorry for Kobato lol. Majority of the time its Yoz who stops Sena.
darkvader68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-28, 12:55   Link #1107
mironicus

Of course this is an interpretation. Everything is an interpretation as long as it's not clearly written within the novel.

Another interpretation is that Kodaka is perhaps jealous about Kobato that Sena prefers her over him since she joined the club (Chapter: Service Time in Vol. 4).
Kodaka is in the library and Sena is alone with Yukimura in the club room, she sends him a message that he should come to the club room. She wants his company because it's just boring to be alone with Yukimura. Kodaka is about to leave the library and then he gets another message.

Quote:
Kobato-chan came (*^_^*) I don't need you anymore Kodaka (^^)/

"...Oh. Is that so?"

I said, giving my phone a look of annoyance and I opened up my textbook again.
Quote:
As far as I can tell he doesn't trust Sena with Kobato as much as you think he does, and Kobato herself is terrified of Sena.
So why does he entrust her so many things about Kobato? For no real reason? If you think otherwise give me your own reasons. Just saying "it's not" is not a very useful information to discuss.
Just imagine Kobato as a bait on a fishing line...

Last edited by mironicus; 2012-07-28 at 13:46.
Old 2012-07-28, 14:44   Link #1108
Johnny
Working the bags...

No, that's just your Sena tinted interpretation, not what isn't clearly written in the LN. There's nothing objective about anything being interpreted. Whatever floats your boat I suppose, but none of it can be taken that seriously. I'd be more worried that Sena is getting all this coverage now that we know up until now has been a mere prologue. I'm sure the other girls will get their time in the limelight since we know almost nothing about them outside of the clubroom. I also wouldn't be too surprised if another character is introduced at some point in the future that would join the club...

As to the why does he entrust her so many things about Kobato? Meaning what? For a birthday gift, and? That's two different things than being in person. Examples, I dunno go read about almost every time they enter the clubroom and Kobato hides behind Kodaka from creepy uncle Sena...

Spoiler for For Space...:

Need I go further? There's plenty of more material. No way in hell that Kodaka can trust Sena with anything one on one related when it comes to Kobato. We seen the result of that when they spent the night that one time. Unless she changes her creepy old man role for Kobato I don't see anything changing anytime soon...
Old 2012-07-28, 14:59   Link #1109
darkvader68

Its not uncle btw it sister... I mistaken her for her sister when I first watched the anime to be honest... However I thought Vol. 8 was the last volume or is that a bad rumor(most likely). The point trust Sena and Kobato in a room alone... That point stands completely and utterly true. No way anyone would allow that.
darkvader68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-28, 15:33   Link #1110
theory28

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkvader68 View Post
Its not uncle btw it sister... I mistaken her for her sister when I first watched the anime to be honest... However I thought Vol. 8 was the last volume or is that a bad rumor(most likely). The point trust Sena and Kobato in a room alone... That point stands completely and utterly true. No way anyone would allow that.
He meant creepy uncle in the "kimochiwarui ojii-san" trope sense - not literally as an uncle.
theory28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-28, 15:35   Link #1111
mironicus

Quote:
As to the why does he entrust her so many things about Kobato? Meaning what? For a birthday gift, and? That's two different things than being in person.
You really can't find a good reason? If Kodaka starts to talk about Kobato, he gets Sena's full attention. He found a way to get closer to her just by talking about his sister. That's all.

Quote:
No way in hell that Kodaka can trust Sena with anything one on one related when it comes to Kobato.
Who said something about "trust"? He tolerates her doing that all the time.
Those elements are mainly repetitive antics for the audience, it's fun to watch and Kodaka does not take it very serious. You are more tinted than myself if you just reduce Sena for being a pervert.

Quote:
I'd be more worried that Sena is getting all this coverage now that we know up until now has been a mere prologue.
The point about the prologue could also be just a trolling from the author. Sena's confession forces Kodaka to make a decision. If the relationships are settled between them, there is not much else to tell. The next volume could also be the last one. The Plus Manga also ended after the relationships were settled.

Last edited by mironicus; 2012-07-28 at 15:59.
Old 2012-07-28, 17:18   Link #1112
Johnny
Working the bags...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mironicus View Post
You really can't find a good reason? If Kodaka starts to talk about Kobato, he gets Sena's full attention. He found a way to get closer to her just by talking about his sister. That's all.
Once again nothing but your own tainted interpretations. There's no real proof to show that Kodaka uses Kobato to get close to Sena. He doesn't and or hasn't thought about those lines of thought too seriously if not at all...

Quote:
Who said something about "trust"? He tolerates her doing that all the time. Those elements are mainly repetitive antics for the audience, it's fun to watch and Kodaka does not take it very serious. You are more tinted than myself if you just reduce Sena for being a pervert.
Oh so when it comes to Sena's antics they're all for laughs and not to be taken seriously, but if it's someone else i.e Yozora and the flyswatter it's a sign that she's mentally damaged or has the need to be some brutal tyrant trying to rule over everyone in the club with an iron flyswatter? Like I said previously there's not one objective interpretation in anything you point out...

If Sena isn't being a pervert at those those time then I sure in the hell need to revise my definition of pervert...

Tainted, nah I like all the characters in the LN for the most equally and maybe I'm more naturally inclined to like big boobed characters more. It's my Achilles's heel, sue me. However, I don't ignore what's actually going on in the story and wander off into big breast Lala land just because I want a particular girl to be the end one...

I'd be more inclined to go with my earlier guess of an ambiguous ending, but wouldn't say no to him taking them all. Well minus Kobato and maybe Maria for quite a few years...

Quote:
The point about the prologue could also be just a trolling from the author. Sena's confession forces Kodaka to make a decision. If the relationships are settled between them, there is not much else to tell. The next volume could also be the last one. The Plus Manga also ended after the relationships were settled.
No, I doubt he'd say that just to troll. I'm sure he likes money just like all the rest of us do. Not commenting on the manga because it's irrelevant...
Old 2012-08-10, 11:39   Link #1113
jandkas

Vol.8

Could anyone give me a quick run down of Vol.8? Like any important events, slapstick/comedy, characters being cute.
jandkas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-10, 20:55   Link #1114
sky black swordman

Quote:
Originally Posted by jandkas View Post
Could anyone give me a quick run down of Vol.8? Like any important events, slapstick/comedy, characters being cute.
Here is link to a post that may help with this somewhat.

http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...postcount=1022
Old 2012-08-10, 23:37   Link #1115
jandkas

Also, since Vol.8 isn't the end it seems like it will go for a few more volumes. However how do you think it is going to end? Harem, Yozora, or Sena?
Old 2012-08-11, 04:17   Link #1116
sky black swordman

Quote:
Also, since Vol.8 isn't the end it seems like it will go for a few more volumes. However how do you think it is going to end? Harem, Yozora, or Sena?
The Harem end ? I wish.
The way things look it maybe Sena.
But people on are saying that Sena peaked to early to be the end girl or something like that.
Old 2012-08-11, 04:40   Link #1117
jandkas

In BokuTomo Plus Sena got to be the main girl, but maybe in the light novels it might be Yozora.
Old 2012-08-11, 06:48   Link #1118
Flere821
Lurker

Quote:
In BokuTomo Plus Sena got to be the main girl, but maybe in the light novels it might be Yozora.
Didn't that end
Spoiler for Sukunai+ spoiler:

I was kinda thinking Sukunai+ ended because there's no longer any point of a Sena alternative when the main route was already focused on Sena
Flere821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-11, 07:00   Link #1119
jandkas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flere821 View Post
Didn't that end
Spoiler for Sukunai+ spoiler:

I was kinda thinking Sukunai+ ended because there's no longer any point of a Sena alternative when the main route was already focused on Sena
Well I thought it was like, alternate universe, in which Sena and Kodaka created the Neighbors Club, and later on they actually have a relationship which is why it ended. Also I think that since Yozora created the Neighbors Club in the light novels so it might end with Yozora instead.
Old 2012-08-11, 08:31   Link #1120
frivolity
My posts are frivolous

Whether or not the ending of Sukunai+ is indicative of the ending of the light novels is still open to speculation. It could be a sign of things to come, but it could very well be an alternative route that's meant to placate Sena's huge fanbase before an adverse ending. One anime that did take this route is Onegai Twins, in which the manga and anime endings differed.

The discussion about Sena peaking too early is still fresh from a few pages back, but one thing that struck me is that many Chinese readers seem to share the same observations. I was looking through one of the Chinese light novel forums, and its members also mentioned the same arguments about how they felt as though things wouldn't go well for Sena. Similar to the stuff I posted in this thread, the Chinese readers talked about something akin to momentum and how Sena was moving too quickly to be the end girl.
frivolity is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, friendship, harem, light novels, love decisions, school life, shounen