AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-05-02, 02:19   Link #241
mysterious

Who would have thought that a show base on sucubus and milk out of uh cow girl can be this heart warming~ Not me, I even avoid the manga at first due to the cover and the story. But I am glad that I give it a try and boy did it surprise me. I have to say I like how the queen and Naoya meet each other better in the manga (more lol worthy).

And like if the queen can fly, why dont she just fly over to the event and what ever time she wants to visit her daughter? seems to me like it doesnt take much time when she flies.

I hope Asuha isnt really Naoya's daughter. Not because of the age but that would make my sucubus a sad loli.
mysterious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-02, 02:40   Link #242
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Lol interesting turn of event. Cliffhanger ending.
Is The Queen really Asuha's mom. How old is she ?
Nayoa 23 , Asuha 10 , Lotte 10. Could it be that Nayoa was in her harem at 12 !
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-02, 04:01   Link #243
grey_moon
Yummy, sweet and unyuu!!!

Epi 4 was really nicely done. Lotte's VA did such a nice job with these heart touching scenes, and really has reset my Happy meter. I no longer see Happy now I hear her voice

Since they both appear to be sister's I wonder if the difference in Lotte compared to Ashua mostly because she had a parent in her life?

I thought it was a shame how the queen kept missing her opportunities to mend her relationship with her daughter, if she just didn't care it would be easy to hate her. Instead I feel pretty sad for her as she does need to balance royal duties with her family life.... But then again if Lotte is in line for the throne, isn't ensuring that she grows up to be a balanced person a part of those royal duties? What use is spending all that time making sure the country does well just to have the heir (sub)consciously destroy it due to resentment?

@rape complainers.... Unless there has been something in the manga, how can we know that the queen raped Nayoa? We don't know how succubus breed, for all we know it could be from a kiss, or taking DNA from the root of a strand of hair!
Old 2011-05-02, 11:32   Link #244
LunaYoshi
The Blue Exorcist

Spoiler:
LunaYoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-02, 12:42   Link #245
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by mangatron View Post
This is purely conjecture, and speculation on my part, but I want to throw a hail mary and say her father was a human. The lack of tail would explain how rare humans are to Yggvarworld, and how those 3 girls had a huge misconception about what a human looks like. I'm going to blindly drop a gravity bomb (again pure speculation) and say the dad really is Naoya. I'm basing this mainly on the flashback in ep 02, and the part where if it was known that the Queen made out with a human and had an offspring, it'd cause a commotion, and not to mention it would be revealed that the Christmas tree was functioning at the time, which if I recall this right there was something pretty big years ago, like a war or something, with the tree caught right in the middle of it. The Queen having access to a functioning Yggdrasil would probably be a political problem. And I don't think rape is involved here: remember even mouth action works.
I think you are probably right on a lot of this, but that wasn't really my question . It was more a case of if the Queen is Asuha's mother then why isn't Asuha a succubus? They made the big point in the first episode that succubi pass along all their traits to their offspring no matter what species they mate with. So it's kind of strange that not only does Asuha not have those traits but she looks more like Naoya which would mean she took on more of his traits. So either something went wrong, humans are unusual enough to mess up that normal process, or Naoya is somehow special. Maybe it was necessary to cover up that this happened in the human realm and something special was done to Asuha.
Old 2011-05-02, 14:20   Link #246
tsunade666

I just finished episode 4 and it's a nice episode. It's different from the way the manga is but I don't care. The anime is pretty good. Though poor Lotte. Her mom didn't make it in time and by the time her mom decide to visit her she tour into another place from a nostalgic smell. And the development from the end is really shocking. Good thing after watching episode 2 I decided reading the manga. It might be spoilerific but at least the manga gives hint but the anime just blunt it all XD
Old 2011-05-02, 16:16   Link #247
guuchan
Mou Nakanai~
*Fansubber

A twist, a tsukkomi and a funny observation for this episode.

Twist: Asuha's mother. Mentioned by a few already above so not going to repeat again, will just look forward to next episode.

Tsukkomi: really, Kugimiya's voice is obvious enough, so is it truly needed to have the "urusai" punch line for EVERY SINGLE CHARACTER she voices? This seems to be the case for her lately.

Funny obversation: about the line of Asuha telling Lotte that her breasts wouldn't grow into the size of Effie's if she didn't eat more, think of it in terms of the seiyuu (Tamura Yukari saying it to Kugimiya Rie about Horie Yui) and you might find it pretty amusing.
guuchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-02, 18:38   Link #248
Crackabad

haha wow.
didnt expect this plot twist lol
Old 2011-05-02, 19:48   Link #249
SeaDoor

So far, this series has been a pleasant surprise. Considering the somewhat sketchy premise, the production people have created a nice set of episodes. Also, it is hard for me to believe that Lotte is the same voice as Aria's in Hidan no Aria. Aria's voice occasionally makes me want to claw my ears.

I am hoping that this series hold to the themes it has already established. Following the themes of family and duty would be a nice change. Plus both Lotte and Asuha are good characters with enough plot potential in themselves.

Anyway, I am wondering now if the Asuha and Lotte might be fraternal twins. Which would mean they have the same father. Moving Asuha to the human world and saying Lotte's "father" be someone else could all be a ruse to protect Lotte's current status as well as her future as queen. Just guessing but it would be an interesting story.
SeaDoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-02, 20:16   Link #250
winkel

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaDoor View Post
Moving Asuha to the human world and saying Lotte's "father" be someone else could all be a ruse to protect Lotte's current status as well as her future as queen. Just guessing but it would be an interesting story.
That was the stance I have been taking on the series until recently, as FlareKnight and perhaps others have made a good point: if Asuha really was the daughter, why is she not succubus-like as Lotte is?

Of course, it may have something to do with magic that seals her powers, keeping hidden her true form until of age, etc, but if we assume nothing shady is going on, it does question the entire notion of the Queen actually being her biological mom.
winkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-02, 20:24   Link #251
ramlaen

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Sho- View Post
Lol interesting turn of event. Cliffhanger ending.
Is The Queen really Asuha's mom. How old is she ?
Nayoa 23 , Asuha 10 , Lotte 10. Could it be that Nayoa was in her harem at 12 !
the Queen is 6 years older than Naoya
ramlaen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-02, 20:35   Link #252
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Let's clear this out, 10 years ago, when Asuha and Rotte were born Naoya was 13 and Mercelida was 19, which implies that were 12/18 at Asuha's conception, rare nowadays, but physically possible.

The most interesting thing is that Asuha and Rotte have different fathers, so Mercelida had at least two different partners that impregnated her within 18-24 months, extremely common nowadays, but rather rare in anime
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-02, 20:43   Link #253
Fawx9

Quote:
Originally Posted by winkel View Post
That was the stance I have been taking on the series until recently, as FlareKnight and perhaps others have made a good point: if Asuha really was the daughter, why is she not succubus-like as Lotte is?

Of course, it may have something to do with magic that seals her powers, keeping hidden her true form until of age, etc, but if we assume nothing shady is going on, it does question the entire notion of the Queen actually being her biological mom.
It might simple be because he is human. With the whole dimension difference, the human genes might have overwritten the succubus ones. Well except for a few, she appears to have the extra strength senses her mother has.

Which would be why she had to separate herself from her. You can't really produce an heir that would have no real powers and a questionable condition/background, especially once she had Lotte, produce internal conflicts as to who the true heir is.
Fawx9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-02, 20:46   Link #254
winkel

But I thought the characteristic of the Succubus was that only the mom's genes propagated. That's why it didn't matter what species the male was, because it would have no effect on the child succubus that would be born.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
Mercelida had at least two different partners that impregnated her within 18-24 months, extremely common nowadays, but rather rare in anime
I... wouldn't go as far as to say it's common.
Old 2011-05-02, 20:52   Link #255
Fawx9

Quote:
But I thought the characteristic of the Succubus was that only the mom's genes propagated. That's why it didn't matter what species the male was, because it would have no effect on the child succubus that would be born.
Well we know that's the case for their dimension. No one said anything about what would happen if the father was a male human that was from a different dimension.
Old 2011-05-02, 20:55   Link #256
Malkuth
Banned

@winkel: OK, at least, far more than socially acceptable
Old 2011-05-02, 21:04   Link #257
winkel

Hmm, I guess my issue is whether you're suggesting a promiscuous woman who unintentionally gets pregnant, twice, or suggesting a committed woman who got impregnated once by her partner, then would have to be impregnated again by a different male.

Both situations suggest infidelity, of which I personally do not approve of. But then again, we are talking about Succubi after all, and their job is to be as promiscuous as possible, though I can't say the same moral standards carry over to human society...
Old 2011-05-02, 21:17   Link #258
Malkuth
Banned

Hehe, exactly NTR is cool in fiction
Old 2011-05-02, 21:23   Link #259
ramlaen

Apparently succubus babies only take half a year to come to term. Also iirc children of a succubus are either 100% the fathers race or 100% succubus, with the latter being less common(?).

If I had to wager based on what Ive seen.
Spoiler:
ramlaen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-02, 21:37   Link #260
Fawx9

Quote:
Hmm, I guess my issue is whether you're suggesting a promiscuous woman who unintentionally gets pregnant, twice, or suggesting a committed woman who got impregnated once by her partner, then would have to be impregnated again by a different male.

Both situations suggest infidelity, of which I personally do not approve of. But then again, we are talking about Succubi after all, and their job is to be as promiscuous as possible, though I can't say the same moral standards carry over to human society...
I'm getting confused here. We know she has a harem, so why are we debating whether or not she sleeps with more than one person and if its morally right?

We don't know why she went to the human world, maybe she was escaping something and needed life force as she was exhausted. And then Nayoa is so great that she just so happened to get pregnant.

Unless succubi in this setting are able to turn on and off when the get pregnant manually you can't really blame her.

Tags
comedy, ecchi, fantasy, loli, romance, seinen