AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2012-01-26, 07:59   Link #19561
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

The machine itself is a potential superweapon, yes. But if it's not utilized to its maximum potential or is specialized in a way that it gives way to a crippling weakness, it could be beaten like any other.

Like the words of Full Frontal;

"A powerful weapon is useless if you can't hit me with it."

Well, that's what I think when I read "machine that can match an IS".
Old 2012-01-26, 08:03   Link #19562
Eratas123

@ Stratos - I still find a machine being made to equal an IS too hard to make without making it seem a bit like an asspull, so I avoid it. I do follow that line of thinking when it's IS versus non-IS, though.
Old 2012-01-26, 08:04   Link #19563
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Madoka liked any kid that act like his brother.

Basically, the kind that is gentle, calm and friendly, but when poop hits the fan, they're not the type that shrunk to a pile of goo.

As for machine that can match I.S....

None, if there's one, they're all born with I.S. technology themselves. (Tank equipped with Hypersensor, Fighter with PIC...)
Old 2012-01-26, 08:06   Link #19564
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratas123 View Post
@ Stratos - I still find a machine being made to equal an IS too hard to make without making it seem a bit like an asspull, so I avoid it. I do follow that line of thinking when it's IS versus non-IS, though.
I'm just waiting for the day where someone is just crazy enough to write a story/scene where a typical jet can dominate an IS.

I will only go as far as to having F-15s going up against Praxidike drones.
Old 2012-01-26, 08:08   Link #19565
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Thanks to Demi

Spoiler for Blue Tears:

Canon Spec can eat my shoes.
Old 2012-01-26, 08:08   Link #19566
Eratas123

Well....none of the kid's tend to be like that Chrales and SHouta are nice and polite, but they're kinda wimpy. Kazuma and Saito tend to be braver, but they're more snarky and impolite than the previous two

Anyway, how does she like kid's in general.

@ Stratos - Basically, if it's a weaker machine that can fight the IS due to the pilot's skill or the enemy's inexperience, I can buy that.
Old 2012-01-26, 08:12   Link #19567
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Quote:

@ Stratos - Basically, if it's a weaker machine that can fight the IS due to the pilot's skill or the enemy's inexperience, I can buy that.
Another common ground we have here.

Then there's also the author playing a part as well seeing as he/she needs to make the fight realistic. Though I already gave you hints about making action scenes believable(Not one side getting all the chances to throw punches etc.).
Old 2012-01-26, 08:14   Link #19568
HasuMasu
*Artist

Quote:
....So she sees Ichika as a replacement for her dad? Anyway, her reasoning is easy enough to expound on. The only problem is that she barely ever gets any spotlight in canon, so we have to fill in the void ourselves.

Side note - I bet if an IS dating sim was made, it'd sell like hotcakes

@ Senpai - How does Madoka like kid's in ST? I might use that version for FI since this is a parody story.
I'd buy all the copies so mangatron can't have any.
Old 2012-01-26, 08:15   Link #19569
Eratas123

@ Stratos - I subvert david vs goliath, though Irish fights tw times in the London arc alone. he loses both times and barely did scratch damage due to the fact that his opponent had IS equipment while he had a butter knife.
Old 2012-01-26, 08:19   Link #19570
Eratas123

@ Box - First, you have to beat one of the main 5 to unlock Ran's, Kanzashi's and Tatenashi's. After you beat all 8 of them, the hidden path unlocks and you can go for Tabane, Maya, Chifuyu, and Natasha Fairs. After THAT you unlock the hidden scenario where you get a harem at the end and date everybody!

Oh, and the Dan scenario unlocks afterwards where he can choose to Date either utsuho or Honne. But hey, who gives and eff about Dan?

...Almost forgot the secret path where you play as M as she stalks Ichika before taking him for herself....forever
Old 2012-01-26, 08:20   Link #19571
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Well....none of the kid's tend to be like that Chrales and SHouta are nice and polite, but they're kinda wimpy. Kazuma and Saito tend to be braver, but they're more snarky and impolite than the previous two

Anyway, how does she like kid's in general.
Then anyone willing tho help others in distress

Quote:

Pseudo Stratos is supposed to able to match I.S. based on their large number... but then again it's depends on whether the enemy can use their number well or not...

Meanwhile, Armored Stratos can be used by men freely, has half the capability of an I.S. at the very least, but has limited endurance and rare as fuck.

MOAR BULLSHIT ON MY PART!

Spoiler for Byakushiki:
Old 2012-01-26, 08:22   Link #19572
demino_hellsin
That one guy

@zero: Both better equipped than the strike gunner packet and much faster than the standard 1st shift settings. Cecilia would be happy, she finally gets solid state weapons.

@stratos: Is there a jet that can move in any direction without changing its orientation?
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-26, 08:23   Link #19573
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
....So she sees Ichika as a replacement for her dad? Anyway, her reasoning is easy enough to expound on. The only problem is that she barely ever gets any spotlight in canon, so we have to fill in the void ourselves.
In a sense, men are likely to find women who resemble their mothers, or find something which their mother lacked and they seeked. Cecily's wiki demonstrates the female version of this happening, which I can attest to be true, as my gf tells me what her father was like and I can’t do anything except balk. Hard.

I put this to play in Vandam I, where I imply by description that Charles (because this is during December of the year before canon) by "his" actions and leadership during the crisis wins the admiration of Cecily and Riz. And again I make her surprisingly friendly with men who fulfil that role, like Maximillan when he's not goofing off.

The coming years will teach her what real love is, though.
Old 2012-01-26, 08:23   Link #19574
Eratas123

@ Senpai - how would she react to one of the kid's calling her Mommy?

Side note - I kinda wanna play that dating sim I'd go for any of the five girls, then Kanzashi immediately!

@ Meistah - Hm, I guess that makes sense and I use something similar. Irish lacks a mother figure in his life, so he tends to like girl's who are more mature and quiet due to this. This also means he has a slight liking to older girls
Old 2012-01-26, 08:25   Link #19575
HasuMasu
*Artist

Kanzashi, eh? I didn't know Eratas was into the Nagato Yuki-type.
Old 2012-01-26, 08:28   Link #19576
demino_hellsin
That one guy

@meister: :| I was imagining Cecilia falling in love with Ichika because he reminded her of the one good thing she knew about her father. In canon it just felt like she was giving herself away because... he beat her... It's pretty good fetish fuel and reasonable with freudian logic, but for some reason I just can't help but shake my head and think to myself "How come when I win against girls in anything they just call me a jerk and run off?"

@zero: words cannot begin to describe... why couldn't you just add extra energy packs and be done with? Though I'm one to talk *tries to hide blue prints for Sento Asura*
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-26, 08:30   Link #19577
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Probably froze for a while, but when she heard she had Ichika-nii's kid, she will crack a little and spilling happiness

Side note - I'd go for Cecilia or Rin and see if they can give better back-stories than Izuru did

@ Demi

The spec actually the MAXIMUM figure before they change shift, not the number appear when they just change shift... The number popping out when the unit just shift-up is somewhere inbetween. So the incredible number wouldn't be seen in... well, at least one year into the future.

Still better than Strike Gunner though, who is so lightly unarmed it's not funny when Cecilia use it at close range...
Old 2012-01-26, 08:31   Link #19578
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
@stratos: Is there a jet that can move in any direction without changing its orientation?
It wouldn't be called a jet if it could do that.

The closest you can get are VTOL planes like the F-35 Lightning or the AV-8B Harrier.
Old 2012-01-26, 08:31   Link #19579
Eratas123

@ Demi - cause real life's never that fun

@ Box - Nah, I just like the fact that she's quiet and not a yandere. Truth be told, I prefer girls i can have a nice chat with over a girl who yells all the time. That, and she's an anime otaku girl

@ Senpai - Wouldn't she ever wonder about the implications? That means her and Ichika did...it.

Side note - I know I'll probably go for Tatenashi last if given the choice. You probably need a crapload of saves and reloading choices to end up actually being more than her chew toy.
Old 2012-01-26, 08:32   Link #19580
HasuMasu
*Artist

I'd play every single route in one sitting, then replay Tatenashi's until I wither and die a happy death.

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest