AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2012-09-09, 22:36   Link #36741
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Considering Ichika's morality... unlikely.
Old 2012-09-09, 22:56   Link #36742
Eratas123

@ Senpai - Could you give your opinion on my question the previous page?
Old 2012-09-09, 23:00   Link #36743
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

I can't even imagine it, some sort of personal taxy? Sounded like it's plausible though, if impractical.
Old 2012-09-09, 23:05   Link #36744
Eratas123

It's actually made for transporting crates or other heavy material. Kazuma can use them because his limb strength is good enough.
Old 2012-09-09, 23:08   Link #36745
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Oh, if that case then it's possible. I have watched a dystopian anime that use similar concept, but with pipelines and conveyor belts
Old 2012-09-09, 23:12   Link #36746
Eratas123

He uses a sort of magnetized hook to move himself forward. It's pretty much required for him to use later to take out a Zeppelin and engage other IS.
Old 2012-09-09, 23:19   Link #36747
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Similar Idea is used with Uchigane upgrade in all verse of my stories, it's used so the unit can rapidly enter CQC range. (either to drag enemy toward you or drag yourself into them)

It was first tested by Motemitsu (larger prototype) and Ichika (smaller prototype), but the final product is applied to all Uchigane in academy, even Houki used it during individual tournament.

Like this.
Old 2012-09-09, 23:21   Link #36748
Eratas123

Wait, can't the Uchigane fly? What's the point of using a magnetized hook?

Side note - How strong would an IS/Human hybrid be?
Old 2012-09-09, 23:27   Link #36749
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

In my verse, all I.S. have terrain distinction of surface and aerial combat. Canon only implied it with the portrayal, but not stated.

Uchigane is a surface fighter, and not as god fighting midair as it is on the surface. Lacking ranged weapon and being a slow-ass turtle pretty much nerfed it even further, and while the academy think it's good for newbie training, it's bad for anything else, such as fighting against personal I.S. during a real tournament/battle (Raphael fares much better)

Differ in opinion, Demi thinks it'll be almost unbeatable.
Old 2012-09-09, 23:34   Link #36750
Eratas123

@ Senpai - Don't all IS have PIC that enable flight?

Side note - I planned to show a pair consisting of "Unskilled but strong" and "Weak but skilled" during Kazuma's Dark future. Kazuma's the Latter while Byaku (Byaku-shiki's personification) is the former. She wants freedom, he needs the data that's stored in her.
Old 2012-09-09, 23:40   Link #36751
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratas123 View Post
Wait, can't the Uchigane fly? What's the point of using a magnetized hook?
- I'd say the Uchigane flies much like a hovering unit--not very fast. If it needs to close the gap very quickly and enter melee range then a grapnel like this would be ideal. Of course that pretty much means the fightign tactics will be identical to that of Scorpion (From Mortal Kombat) or the Sword Strike Gundam.

In fact, I think that's pretty much one of the things that's a bit lacking in the LN itself--while it's mentioned that tactics are dependent on the machines (and the mindset of their pilots CECILIA I'M TALKING TO YOU HERE SO LISTEN UP), it's not really given as much depth as it could have been. It would be interesting to see Chifuyu actually fight, for example.
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-09, 23:44   Link #36752
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

I'm a fan of real robot, and thus I always take appearance into consideration. Like what Hawke said above.

Laura NEVER fly, at all, all these times she's maneuvering her feet almost touching ground (low hover), with visible dust trail. Uchigane also never actually fly, just hover, albeit higher. Those probably anime only, but I find this is more suitable with my appeal (I have yet to read the manga again after Cecilia's fight)

Team like that exist in my fics as well, albeit in more conventional sense. In TLR Stratos, it's usually Melee-Range or Power-Speed.
Old 2012-09-09, 23:47   Link #36753
Eratas123

Laura didn't fly? Then how did she dash towards Ichika?

Side note - Byaku's mentally childlike and innocent, even if she could summon an impact cannon when she gets pissy. Kazuma's required to do most of the fighting when it comes to it.
Old 2012-09-09, 23:48   Link #36754
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Ichika is being dumb (or at least, pretend to) and fly at very low altitude and did a frontal charge, see the episode again if you don't believe.
Old 2012-09-09, 23:55   Link #36755
Eratas123

Didn't Laura participate in Cannonball fast?
Old 2012-09-09, 23:58   Link #36756
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Once again, I'm only referring to anime. Besides, during cannonball she's using additional booster pack, which probably also function as flight assist.
Old 2012-09-10, 00:11   Link #36757
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Disregard what I said about having Tsurugi one-arm-fighting a horde of drones in the previous pages. I figured it'll be impractical since I plan her to use this during the fight:

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

In the re-write, the weapon is known as Senonami (A Thousand Waves).

EDIT: Fix'd image
Old 2012-09-10, 00:12   Link #36758
Eratas123

Shouldn't we defer to the Light Novels in regards to canon? I mean the anime portrayed the White Knight pilot as a fully grown woman while Chifuyu was 14 and The Gospel as an AI.
Old 2012-09-10, 00:30   Link #36759
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

@ Stratos
That's a cool sword

@ Eras
Well, hate to say but yes, I disregard novel in favor of author appeal sometimes.

Are you sure for that? Mangatron's screenshot seem to show that WK pilot is SHORTER and slimmer than current Chifuyu. How did I find? As usual, body proportion. And it's not like Houki have the body of normal 15 years old either so T&A can be ruled out. The same reason of why I said Kanzashi is tiny, based on her novel illustration.
Old 2012-09-10, 00:37   Link #36760
Eratas123

Compare the illustration to Ran's body size, which seems to be the standard in that wrold.

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest