AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-12-09, 02:02   Link #741
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I have to say this really does work as a nice continuation after beating Persona 4. Though now I'm still left waiting for some sort of sequel to this thing.
Old 2012-12-09, 09:49   Link #742
darkchibi07

Send a message via AIM to darkchibi07 Send a message via MSN to darkchibi07
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerroth View Post
Not that I noticed; I think it was an online update only.
What?!! That's a load of crap!

It would have been awesome to see the online reactions of seeing Persona 4 related on cable TV.
Old 2012-12-09, 15:37   Link #743
Mr. Wang
Scholar of Yanderes
*Author

Send a message via Yahoo to Mr. Wang
I love this game, and since it's forum topic seems to be active again, I want to raise a question.

I've seen this question asked on a couple game forums, but I've never seen a straight answer, nor an odd case like mine. Does anyone know what is the basis behind the online ranking system?

I was fighting a B- ranked cheap player who spammed the same combo over and over again which attacked high and then low making my blocks useless, and there was nothing I could do about it, and they ended up getting a perfect on me. The next two rounds, I manage to find a way around the combo, and then beat them and won the match.

Then after winning, I saw that I went from an E+ to a D-, which is 5 ranks down from what I started on that match! Maybe it's the Perfect they got on me, but how to do you rank down so severely after winning? Ranking down in online play of fighting games doesn't normally bother me, but rather the absurdity of this scenario puzzles me.
Old 2012-12-09, 17:33   Link #744
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wang View Post
I love this game, and since it's forum topic seems to be active again, I want to raise a question.

I've seen this question asked on a couple game forums, but I've never seen a straight answer, nor an odd case like mine. Does anyone know what is the basis behind the online ranking system?

I was fighting a B- ranked cheap player who spammed the same combo over and over again which attacked high and then low making my blocks useless, and there was nothing I could do about it, and they ended up getting a perfect on me. The next two rounds, I manage to find a way around the combo, and then beat them and won the match.

Then after winning, I saw that I went from an E+ to a D-, which is 5 ranks down from what I started on that match! Maybe it's the Perfect they got on me, but how to do you rank down so severely after winning? Ranking down in online play of fighting games doesn't normally bother me, but rather the absurdity of this scenario puzzles me.
I'm confused... how is D- five ranks lower than E+?
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-09, 17:41   Link #745
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Send a message via MSN to Kirito
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wang View Post

Going from E+ to D- actually means you've ranked up by one level, which is a good thing. How online ranking works is how many victories you earn against players your rank or higher. Playing players below your rank won't raise it at all.

For me, and I'm sure many others, had to win 2-3 straight games and the next match will be rank up and you have to win it to raise your rank. Oh yes, if you lose 2-3 to players your own grade or lower you'll get a rank down warning. If you lose your rank will go down by one.

The online ranking goes, I think. Just bear with me.
Spoiler for Persona 4 Arena Ranking System:

F being the lowest, start from there to understand. Well, I hope this helps.
Old 2012-12-10, 00:55   Link #746
Mr. Wang
Scholar of Yanderes
*Author

Send a message via Yahoo to Mr. Wang
Well, that makes a good deal of sense then. Much more sense than what I was trying to think of. Thanks, Kirito. I'll take note of this next time I go online, check to see the pattern going on.
Old 2013-01-08, 22:42   Link #747
Tong
Many RPGs, Little Time

Send a message via MSN to Tong
Confirmed for evo 2013.
Old 2013-01-09, 00:38   Link #748
sikvod00

^ MrWizardSRK totally trolled people with the stream announcement of P4 at EVO. I'm certainly surprised it made it.
sikvod00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-09, 03:11   Link #749
Frailty
Constellation
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tong View Post
Confirmed for evo 2013.
interesting

Frailty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-02, 11:23   Link #750
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Send a message via MSN to Kirito
Quote:
Confirmed for evo 2013.
Can't wait! The tourney for that game is going to be hype as hell!
Old 2013-03-18, 11:17   Link #751
Frailty
Constellation
*Graphic Designer

to the European Players who's still patiently waiting
to those of you who still gives a damn XD

P4U will reach Europe on May 10th with pre-order bonuses.

welp, better late than never~

Frailty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-18, 14:24   Link #752
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I guess they are really testing the saying "better late than never."
Old 2013-03-18, 19:38   Link #753
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frailty View Post
to the European Players who's still patiently waiting
to those of you who still gives a damn XD

P4U will reach Europe on May 10th with pre-order bonuses.

welp, better late than never~
Hum... An OST hum? I may bite but I feel conflicted supporting the company. The delay was gigantic and completely killed the justification for the region locking in the first place (that prevented me from importing) :-\
Old 2013-03-18, 19:47   Link #754
jb8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
Hum... An OST hum? I may bite but I feel conflicted supporting the company. The delay was gigantic and completely killed the justification for the region locking in the first place (that prevented me from importing) :-\
You shouldn't support such a practice period. Give an inch and they take a mile.

Would you want to experience this again once Super P4A comes out? (it's arcsys after all)
jb8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-19, 14:08   Link #755
defki

Blame Index for the region lock. Reverse importing my ass.

Will buy this used. They won't see a cent from me.
defki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-19, 14:33   Link #756
Tong
Many RPGs, Little Time

Send a message via MSN to Tong
Nice Option Select Atlus

Don't buy the game:
-Poor sales might stop future european releases from coming
Buy the game:
-Support this travesty

Well played.
Old 2013-03-19, 14:45   Link #757
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Nice Option Select Atlus

Don't buy the game:
-Poor sales might stop future european releases from coming
Buy the game:
-Support this travesty

Well played.
It's always like this. It's always a lose-lose scenario for the fans. Don't buy the game and they'll blame "pirates" for the lack of sales. Buy the game and they'll think that their consumer-hostile attitude is working and they should double down on them. There's no way a fan can win this. It's like talking to a wall.
Old 2013-03-19, 21:41   Link #758
jb8

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayos View Post
Arcsys had nothing to do with the region lock. Decision came from Atlus JP.
But they did make the game and are known for sequelitis. A super P4A is all but inevitable given it's success in Japan.

Hence my point: why would you want to go through the same thing again? Regardless it's quite a dilemma b/w choosing to support a game for future sequels vs bad business practices.
Old 2013-03-19, 22:11   Link #759
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb8 View Post
But they did make the game and are known for sequelitis. A super P4A is all but inevitable given it's success in Japan.
I think that has more to do with the fact that fighting games have to be updated often to keep up with the balance and community.

With that said, I don't think P4A is getting updated soon since ArcSys is busy with their Blazblue series right now. Even if they do update P4A, it's quite possible that it'll just be a balance patch like before. They don't necessarily need to release a sequel or revised edition since Blazblue is their main focus.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-19, 23:38   Link #760
jb8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
I think that has more to do with the fact that fighting games have to be updated often to keep up with the balance and community.

With that said, I don't think P4A is getting updated soon since ArcSys is busy with their Blazblue series right now. Even if they do update P4A, it's quite possible that it'll just be a balance patch like before. They don't necessarily need to release a sequel or revised edition since Blazblue is their main focus.
Having a sequel isn't the problem. It's the baggage that comes with the previous game and how it could influence future sequels.

Atlus Japan shouldn't be let off the hook for their practices just like any other company.

Since Arcsys is busy working on BBCP, a patch would likely be released as early as Winter 2013. That would make it over a year since release. That's not feasible given Microsoft's/Sony's poor patching policies. They'd be taking a loss for almost no gain. In addition, the PS4/Durango is coming up and what better way to test the waters than using one of the most successful fighters in Japan currently.

It just makes no sense to release a patch this late in the game. Arcsys is the same company that released a balanced patch of GG as a full game (though great), released Extend with only one additional character, and announced CP just before P4A hit store shelves. It's inevitable that Super P4A, or whatever it'll be called, will be a new game given their history, as well as complaints about the previous game *cough* more characters *cough* that can't be solved with just a patch.

Again nothing wrong with that as the game was a hit in Japan, it's what atlus JP will do that's the scary part.

Tags
fighting game, ps3