AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-02-16, 11:29   Link #101
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
Eh my setup is a shotty with a burst submachine gun on the right, a sniper rifle with the extended scope and full auto medium range rifle on the left. Acid on the upper tools and electric on the lower tools.

So yeah, 4 Military Engines FTW
Wait, what? How do you have 4 weapons in one? I thought it's just main and sub on one weapon

and ofc I did all weapons from scratch... once you assemble the weapon they get the pre-designed name for the part-combination anyway
Waven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-16, 11:34   Link #102
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Well yeah Main and Sub on the left keypad, and Main and Sub on the right keypad. On the left I have a sniper on top and a full auto rifle on bottom, on the right I have the shotgun on the top and the burst sub machine gun on the bottom...
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-16, 12:34   Link #103
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Now its Contact Beam + Pulse Rifle for my main weapon, with an Evangelizer Shotgun + Diffractor Torus as a crowd controller. Contact Beam at full damage can take down a Brute in two shots. I think if I were using a regular shotgun, I'd need a Force Gun to pick up the slack due to its firing speed, but the Evangelizer shotgun as a superior rate of fire.

Now if I could only get my hands on the +3/+3 chips...
Old 2013-02-16, 12:46   Link #104
nfsac

Game is really good. The weapon crafting system makes us play again and again, read web tutorials and even comparing the power of the crafted weapons. Two weapons can be carried now with 2 slots each. I use the weapon that came with the Witness Suit, that semi-auto rifle and shotgun. I'm not sure if I can make it full auto since the semi-auto is bad when necromorphs are rushing at you.
The suits are just for fashion, no longer a bonus for using one or another. What I liked is that despite you using materials instead of money you have only one kind of ammunition pack so situations like being constantly out of ammo like in DS2 are not happening. I remember in the final levels of DS2 I had to come back and even sell some weapons since I had no enough ammo to combat enemies.
nfsac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-17, 14:31   Link #105
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Now its Contact Beam + Pulse Rifle for my main weapon, with an Evangelizer Shotgun + Diffractor Torus as a crowd controller. Contact Beam at full damage can take down a Brute in two shots. I think if I were using a regular shotgun, I'd need a Force Gun to pick up the slack due to its firing speed, but the Evangelizer shotgun as a superior rate of fire.

Now if I could only get my hands on the +3/+3 chips...
You'll need to beat the game to get the 3+3 chips. I think beating the easiest difficulty grants you reload 3+, beating it on normal is clip 3+ or was it the other way around. I beat it on impossible and gotten damage 3+ chips.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-17, 14:47   Link #106
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
You'll need to beat the game to get the 3+3 chips. I think beating the easiest difficulty grants you reload 3+, beating it on normal is clip 3+ or was it the other way around. I beat it on impossible and gotten damage 3+ chips.
You get whatever circuits granted at the lower difficulties if you complete the game at a higher difficulty. I got Casual's circuit set along with Normal's when I beat the Normal Difficulty.
Old 2013-02-17, 17:36   Link #107
Mistressy
Maximum High Powered Wub
*Graphic Designer

Every time I play this, I get nightmares. This game IS THE scariest game at the moment.
Mistressy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-18, 06:52   Link #108
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

I agree that the game is pretty scary, though it's not so much the necromorphs as it its exploring the derekict ships and seeing evidence of how badly things went.

Morphs are legitimately scary, particularly the mutated dogs, but a lot of that scate factor is mitigated by tossing incendiary grenades and shotgunning them.

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-19, 21:32   Link #109
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Is it normal for you to not come across Scav Bot beacon locations for long stretches of time? I just went through the entirety of the Rosetta Lab sections, including its optional mission, without coming across any beacons and the Bots giving a red circle on its indicator screen.
Old 2013-02-20, 07:48   Link #110
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Is it normal for you to not come across Scav Bot beacon locations for long stretches of time? I just went through the entirety of the Rosetta Lab sections, including its optional mission, without coming across any beacons and the Bots giving a red circle on its indicator screen.
I always just deploy them whenever they're ready. I check if by chance the beacon is in the very room I'm in and if not: just plonk them down, they' give ressources nonetheless. Not sure how much more you get for deploying them in the "designated" place.
Waven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-21, 10:44   Link #111
The Butcher
Butchered Taste

Got the game yesterday.

Maybe it is becuase I'm rusty, but I keep getting nearly killed in every squabble.

Still haven't crashed on to the ice planet yet.
The Butcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-21, 12:44   Link #112
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

The game is notably more difficult than the previous two, that's for sure. I haven't played above Normal mode in any of the games, but I can go through 1 and 2 without experiencing a single combat-related death. Not so on Dead Space 3.
Old 2013-02-21, 16:33   Link #113
DingoEnderZOE2

Send a message via AIM to DingoEnderZOE2
Pfft my only deaths mainly were god damned environmental deaths on normal mode with one exception being when I foolishly got killed by a pack of feeders because I was trying to kill them with an electric chain saw. Hell even in hardcore mode they couldn't even touch me.
Anime evaluating:None
Manga in progress:None at the moment
DingoEnderZOE2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-21, 16:45   Link #114
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

So far my deaths were either environmental (usually during the final run) or against Hunters. And in one case when some lucky fucker hit me with a rocket launcher while I was fending off Twitchers. Either way, more difficulty than I had in DS1 and 2.
Old 2013-02-21, 16:53   Link #115
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

I think when I went through the game, the only deaths I had was during the ice climbing, flying through space, and flying through the end of the game during the ancient machine. Other than that I find this game not to difficult even on impossible, though that may be because I upgrade my hit points and armor as a first priority afterwards is the stasis recharge so I no longer need stasis packs. Once those 3 parts are fully upgraded, the game is easy if one has very good awareness and aim.

Also, its best to find the scavenger bot designation, it yield more resources but most importantly it gives you the most ration seals. Ration seals can be spent to give you the best weapon parts and a lot of resources. Though the stuff that ration seals can buy, you can use your real money, but if you are like me who prefer to keep their hard earn money than take time and scavenge. Its well worth it.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-22, 12:07   Link #116
The Butcher
Butchered Taste

Got me some better weapons and other stuff.

Most of my resources have been going to my RIG. I don't really feel the need to craft new weapons(Using the Planet Cracker and Evangelize rifle with shotgun). I find upgrades for my weapons often enough not to craft any. I'll start crafting seriously once I upgrade what I want on my RIG or get more parts. Which ever comes first.

Ammo isn't a problem...me being on casual and all. Going to play Normal though with my friend to make it more fun.

Can someone tell me how to upgrade my Scavenger Bot? Every time I send the little guy out he barely brings back anything.

Last edited by The Butcher; 2013-02-22 at 12:21.
Old 2013-02-22, 12:46   Link #117
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Scavenger Bot capacities and scavenge time can only be upgraded via purchased DLC. As for getting more stuff, you really need to set them down at the beacons, otherwise they hardly bring back anything of note.

I'm still trying to get my hands on a Mark V Repeater and Mark V Precision Tip. I keep getting shortchanged in the Epic Weapons pack.
Old 2013-02-22, 14:20   Link #118
The Butcher
Butchered Taste

Well....that sucks.

Alright, I'll try to remember to set them down at the beacons.
Old 2013-02-25, 22:38   Link #119
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
So what are these MK II Overclocked weapon parts? I've seen a few of them in my bench inventory like the frames and the rotator, but is that all?
Old 2013-02-25, 23:31   Link #120
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

They typically have some stat buffs. For instance, a Mk-II Scope will do a slight increase in damage ratings, while others can do an increase in clip size, etc.

Using ration seals, you can purchase resource packs that can include up to 2 or 3 Mark 5 parts.