AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2012-06-29, 10:54   Link #1
marvelB

One Piece Film "Z" discussion (manga spoilers)

Well now, well now.... a new OP movie is right around the corner (December 15th, in fact!). So as the thread title suggests, the movie centers around a powerful new foe in the New World only known as "Z". However, there's a new surprise that was just revealed about the movie (hence the manga spoilers warning in the title (and thanks to forum member RRW for the image link)):

Doesn't that guy at the far left look familiar to you.....? Well, he should, because he's FORMER ADMIRAL AOKIJI!!!! What involvement he has in this movie is unknown so far, but it's interesting that he appears here. But then, just like with Shiki in Strong World, this would undoubtedly create more confusion regarding continuity. I mean, does this mean that Luffy and co. will run into Kuzan before they arrive at Punk Hazard....?

Anyways, you can check out more info concerning the movie here, as well as this additional nugget of info from Greg at the OP Podcast:

Quote:
OP Film 'Z' promotional poster in new JUMP with CRAAAAAZY info. They're going to meet up with Kuzan. Hmmmmm..... That makes the question of canon problematic. They're gonna meet Kuzan and NOT know what went down at Punk Hazard? Anyway, check the 'staches. Pretty sweet. Love following the theme of 'red' as well.

Also, I can just barely make out the name of one of what APPEARS to be one of Z's cohorts, 'Ein'. Perhaps from 'Einstein'. This goes along with 'Z' being a former Marine and having access to some very bright individuals.

Anyway, here's what you really wanted to read, A MESSAGE FROM ODA:

I'm doing a movie for the first time in three years!!
Just 'cause I'm involved doesn't mean I'm gonna sail through it. I've got a whole bag of surprises in store for ya!! The whole staff is REALLY fired up!! GRAAAAAH!!!

So let's get discussin'!
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-29, 14:17   Link #2
james0246

Why is Nami hanging off of Frankie?
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-29, 14:47   Link #3
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Send a message via MSN to SOGESNAKE
Well.... has there been any official word that it takes place BEFORE Punk Hazard?
Old 2012-06-29, 14:50   Link #4
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Wow, didn't expect Aokiji to make his return in a movie first (although he may appear in the manga before the movie comes out). He went back to his hippie look, huh... and I see he's got a nice scar from his battle against Akainu. He looks very cool.

Last edited by Kanon; 2012-06-30 at 03:33.
Kanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-29, 15:15   Link #5
Blackbeard D. Kuma

I don't think the events in this movie will be canon. The only thing canon about Strong World was the character Shiki himself; everything else conflicted with the timeline continuity in the manga storyline. This movie will probably be the same case in that only the character Z is canon.

Pretty cool seeing Aokiji's inclusion in this movie. I didn't see that coming. Regardless of whether or not that's going to be his new look in the manga, I'm digging it .
Old 2012-06-29, 15:23   Link #6
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post

Dunno, but one thing I will say is that I am totally digging that Yosemite Sam mustache on Usopp.

And about the movie taking place before PH: No, haven't heard any word yet on when the movie takes place aside from the setting being in the New World. But considering Luffy and co. set off for PH immediately after arriving in the NW in the manga, I think it's logical to assume that the movie may add a new detour before their arrival at the burning/freezing island....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Wow, didn't expect Aokiji to make his return in a movie first (although he'll appear in the manga before the movie comes out).

Er.... pardon? Are you sure about that? I haven't seen any sources that stated such info. Or did you mean that he'll probably appear in the manga before the movie's release? If so, then I suppose I'd agree with THAT.

But then again, since we've also got a new data book (White) coming out soon, maybe Oda will reveal something about Aokiji's role in the movie in there....
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-29, 16:57   Link #7
james0246

^It's all about Brooke's red hair.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-29, 18:51   Link #8
Rainbowman

I like the fact that the entire crew is wearing red. Surprising that Aokiji/Kuzan will make an appearance in this movie. If this takes place before Punk Hazard, I hope there's a filler arc to tie-in with this movie. As for the villain, if there isn't any close-up pictures of his face, I might say it resembles that of Rorschach.

Quote:
Most likely so that she can be seen, otherwise she might be obscured behind Zoro and Usopp.
Rainbowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-29, 20:55   Link #9
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Gotta love Oda's enthusiasm xD
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-29, 21:14   Link #10
ronin myael
lost ronin

any news about its release date?
Old 2012-06-29, 21:24   Link #11
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronin myael View Post
any news about its release date?
According to the opening post of this thread, it's December 15th.
Old 2012-06-29, 22:42   Link #12
ronin myael
lost ronin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
According to the opening post of this thread, it's December 15th.
ah, i meant the international release. i think december 15 is only for japan.
Old 2012-06-29, 23:02   Link #13
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronin myael View Post
ah, i meant the international release. i think december 15 is only for japan.
There probably won't be any info on that for a good while.

---------------------

A little while back, I read from somewhere that supposedly Z is going to be the most powerful enemy the strawhats have ever faced. If that's the case, seeing as how he's a former marine, is it far-fetched to believe that he was once an admiral (or that he's essentially admiral-level)? That would explain why he's being hyped up as extremely powerful.

Last edited by Blackbeard D. Kuma; 2012-06-29 at 23:25.
Blackbeard D. Kuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-30, 03:35   Link #14
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Er.... pardon? Are you sure about that? I haven't seen any sources that stated such info. Or did you mean that he'll probably appear in the manga before the movie's release? If so, then I suppose I'd agree with THAT.

But then again, since we've also got a new data book (White) coming out soon, maybe Oda will reveal something about Aokiji's role in the movie in there....
Err, yeah, I meant he may appear in the manga before the movie's release, since there are still six months left.
Old 2012-06-30, 10:35   Link #15
Homura7

Well, since Kuzan will be making his appearance in the movie, that can only mean one thing: he's gonna appear in the manga soon.
Homura7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-30, 20:17   Link #16
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3

Quote:
You jealous ?
Whitemoon648 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-30, 21:01   Link #17
ronin myael
lost ronin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurusu-Shirudo View Post
Well, since Kuzan will be making his appearance in the movie, that can only mean one thing: he's gonna appear in the manga soon.
i hope. i really want to know what happened to him, most especially about his fight against akainu.
Old 2012-07-01, 15:39   Link #18
Rainbowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitemoon648 View Post
You jealous ?
Like I told him: Nami is wanting to be seen in this "photo shoot" rather than be obscured by Usopp. At any rate, it's not like Nami and Franky have that kind of relationship.
Rainbowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-01, 18:36   Link #19
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Well if Kuzan is going to have a part in the movie it makes sense for Z to be admiral level. Obviously Luffy will do the final battle but the fact that an admiral level character is present already makes it easier to believe taht another one is as well.
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-01, 19:27   Link #20
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbowman View Post
Like I told him: Nami is wanting to be seen in this "photo shoot" rather than be obscured by Usopp. At any rate, it's not like Nami and Franky have that kind of relationship.
Do you have a proof that is the case ?

Well joking aside, I can't wait to see the movie. The cover is really promising .