AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2006-09-16, 14:30   Link #121
tkdtiger

I think nintendo said they would have a rechargable battery for it.
tkdtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-16, 14:40   Link #122
AdzPearson
Pepsiholic

I managed to pre-order one today. I'll pre-order a game or two nearer the release, as by then we'll probably know what will definitely make the launch and what won't. I'm currently thinking about Red Steel and Warioware. Shame there's no Metroid Prime 3 until next year, but I can wait.

As for 'region-free' issue, sorry to be the bringer of bad news, but...

http://www.gametrailers.com/viewnews.php?id=3609
AdzPearson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-16, 14:49   Link #123
tkdtiger

They haven't announced yet if their statment only applies to consoles in the UK or all regions from what I've read in other articles, but I'm guessing it's going to be the same in most regions.
Old 2006-09-16, 14:54   Link #124
Dark`
The Terror of Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdzPearson
I managed to pre-order one today. I'll pre-order a game or two nearer the release, as by then we'll probably know what will definitely make the launch and what won't. I'm currently thinking about Red Steel and Warioware. Shame there's no Metroid Prime 3 until next year, but I can wait.

As for 'region-free' issue, sorry to be the bringer of bad news, but...

http://www.gametrailers.com/viewnews.php?id=3609
I've been waiting to make a pre-order...wonder if my local EBgames is taking them yet...

I'm still on the fence about Red Steel, but Twilight Princess will definitely be my first purchase for the Wii.

As for the rechargable battery, that's good news I guess. But the Wii system package said it comes with 2 AA batteries...no mention of rechargable or not. And in the case that I have to spend like $30 on a battery pack for the controller, I think I'd rather stick with the rechargable batteries I have for now.
Dark` is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-16, 14:56   Link #125
tkdtiger

hmm well I would hope that's the case : P I'm def. going to get the wii eventually
Old 2006-09-16, 14:59   Link #126
tkdtiger

I went back and read a few articles it seems that it won't come with rechargable batteries, although knowing nintendo they'll prob. sell rechargable batteries for it...
Old 2006-09-16, 15:08   Link #127
Zappster

Quote:
Originally Posted by arias
Ha, I see the usual astroturfing like behavior from a certain poster..

Maybe some balance should be brought into the discussion. How come no one is talking about the expensive controllers? I know the console is cheap and is a great selling point. I'm not talking about muddying the enthusiasm or soiling the plusses, I'm talking about balance.
Maybe some proper reading of the thread should be a prerequisite before complaining/pointing out the general tone of the last few pages. I mentioned that the controllers were expensive as did the other dude.
Zappster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-16, 16:19   Link #128
Theclow
"Removed by mod"

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkdtiger
I went back and read a few articles it seems that it won't come with rechargable batteries, although knowing nintendo they'll prob. sell rechargable batteries for it...
Doubt it, this is nintendo we're talking about they don't use that kind of technoligy . But I doubt it.
Theclow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-16, 18:20   Link #129
Radd
Just Married, Oct. 28th!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkdtiger
The remote is still comparable in price to the 360 so really it seems it will not matter what system you get. It seems they're all pretty expensive. The ps3 is too expensive for me to buy, but it doesn't look like a bad system, although a few 3rd party have decided not to renew their contract with sony at this time due to worries that the system's price will make it less profitable from what I've read.

Alright, so a 360 costs $400 by itself. It comes with one wireless controller. Looking around at Amazon, EB Games, and Gamestop, the 360 wireless controllers go for...$50 apiece.

Huh. I must admit, that's more than I expected for the 360 wireless controllers. A friend of mine who's roomate has a 360 told me they were $20 and came with a recharging stand. Maybe he was mistaken?

So a 360, plus 3 controllers, would come to...$550.

Wii costs $250, and the controllers, with nunchuck, cost $60 apiece. So a Wii and 3 extra controllers would be... $430. That's still a $120 difference.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark`
Well, while $40 for the Wii-mote and $20 for the nunchuk attachment might not seem that bad, you do remember that the nunchuk is an attachment, and it's been said before that Nintendo was planning to release multiple attachments. So...imagine if some games required you to get a specific attachment in order to play it. $20 for another non-nunchuk attachment might not seem too much...but if a whole bunch of these kinda games come out...
That would be more of a concern for me if I
(a) expected games to start coming out with unique attachments required to play the games.
(b)didn't know Nintendo's history when it comes to such extra peripherals. Nintendo has actually been quite good at keeping the price down on these in the rare occaissions they were required. Whenever I've seen Donkey Konga in stores, it cost about the same as most any other Gamecube game, despite coming with that required bongo controller, for instance.

I suspect games that do require additional attachments will be few and far between, and in most cases it is very likely the game will come with the attachment at no additional cost. I could be wrong, but if I am this would be a change in direction for Nintendo.
Old 2006-09-16, 18:38   Link #130
Dark`
The Terror of Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radd
That would be more of a concern for me if I
(a) expected games to start coming out with unique attachments required to play the games.
(b)didn't know Nintendo's history when it comes to such extra peripherals. Nintendo has actually been quite good at keeping the price down on these in the rare occaissions they were required. Whenever I've seen Donkey Konga in stores, it cost about the same as most any other Gamecube game, despite coming with that required bongo controller, for instance.

I suspect games that do require additional attachments will be few and far between, and in most cases it is very likely the game will come with the attachment at no additional cost. I could be wrong, but if I am this would be a change in direction for Nintendo.
Well, like I said in my post, "imagine if...". I never said it should be a major concern, only that it could be if it gets out of hand. I'm hoping that there won't be too many other attachments besides the nunchuk and the unconfirmed near-GCN controller look-alike shell...but you never know.

And also, just because a game (most likely the first one) comes packaged with the peripheral you require to play that particular game, doesn't mean that subsequent games that come out and need to be used with that peripheral will have it packaged. Kinda like with the N64 memory expansion thing...it came out with a game (forget which one) and while not every game needed to have it, some games like Majora's Mask needed it, but didn't come with it. So if you didn't want/buy the original game that came with the peripheral, you'd have to buy it separately. Not such a big deal if there was only one of such item...but you truly never know how many attachments the Wii-mote could have when everything's said and done.

Again, I'm not trying to use this as an excuse to put Nintendo down. Besides the Virtual Boy, non-SP GBA and the Game Boy Micro, I've had every Nintendo system. They're a company I grew up with and I still support the company, it's just the eternal pessimist within that's coming up with all this stuff... I still believe the Wii will be a good system, and I still intend to purchase one at launch.
Old 2006-09-16, 19:06   Link #131
arias

Always good to see people not making excuses : )
arias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-16, 19:20   Link #132
Dark`
The Terror of Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by arias
Always good to see people not making excuses : )
I said I wasn't trying to, doesn't mean I couldn't have done it by "accident."
Old 2006-09-16, 19:26   Link #133
Samourai
Le samouraļ est le illest

Send a message via AIM to Samourai
anybody see the Wii bleach trailor? it looks sick!!!!!!!!!!!!
Samourai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-16, 22:32   Link #134
Itachikun
Animesuki's Janitor

Send a message via AIM to Itachikun Send a message via MSN to Itachikun
Question: The info that ultracarl put up was on the Wii, but it also showed the Wii line-up on release date. Now is the US releases date having the same line up or is there any difference?

Making it short: Where, or what is the US game release date lineup?
________
CHRYSLER TOWN AND COUNTRY

Last edited by Itachikun; 2011-02-15 at 08:28.
Itachikun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-16, 22:47   Link #135
Dark`
The Terror of Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itachikun
Question: The info that ultracarl put up was on the Wii, but it also showed the Wii line-up on release date. Now is the US releases date having the same line up or is there any difference?

Making it short: Where, or what is the US game release date lineup?
Here's a list from Gamespot on titles available at launch (bolded ones are available on launch day, others are launch window or later): http://www.gamespot.com/news/6157625.html
Old 2006-09-17, 11:10   Link #136
Benoit
Bishoujo Game Enthusiast

Quote:
Doubt it, this is nintendo we're talking about they don't use that kind of technoligy . But I doubt it.
The GBA SP/Micro and DS have rechargeable batteries, so they do use that kind of technology.
Benoit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-17, 13:55   Link #137
WolfCoder
wolfen programmer

Send a message via AIM to WolfCoder Send a message via MSN to WolfCoder Send a message via Yahoo to WolfCoder
Can anyone find a Fire Emblem trailer that is longer than five seconds? I look in IGN and the trailer for Fire Emblem (Wii) looks like a cut-out of a real trailer.
WolfCoder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-17, 15:32   Link #138
Theclow
"Removed by mod"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benoit
The GBA SP/Micro and DS have rechargeable batteries, so they do use that kind of technology.
Shows how poor your sense of humor is it was a joke. But knowing Nintendo it will pry take battieries look at the wavebird but then again I'm comparing a old controller to a new one but if you don't agree just ignore me .
Theclow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-18, 02:04   Link #139
Kouji
StrykerX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samourai
anybody see the Wii bleach trailor? it looks sick!!!!!!!!!!!!
lol Yeah, I did. I can't wait til it reaches the U.S .
Old 2006-09-18, 06:41   Link #140
Benoit
Bishoujo Game Enthusiast

Quote:
Shows how poor your sense of humor is it was a joke.
Sarcasm on the Internet is a double-edged sword.
Benoit is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
console, wii