AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2009-04-10, 14:48   Link #2281
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
Also can anyone tell me anything about the Naruto TCG cards? Are they worth buying from a collecting standpoint?
Probably not, most successful anime get TCG'd, so I guess that makes them pretty common.
Quote:
If that's real then about damm time
The furthest title I can see calls "Camelia guidepost" and that will be in around a month if they double up on the episodes, doesn't look that close to me...
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-10, 15:58   Link #2282
Blaine

I'm just glad it's getting animated
Old 2009-04-20, 12:28   Link #2283
Mr. Johnny 5
Konoha's ANBU

Hmm... i just happend to see some of the old anime episodes. And i wonder..
There werent any chuunins or jounins who were able to kill Gaara when he was a kid.
He was never hurt before...

So i noticed Lee's speed and that of Sasuke. Was Lee's speed and that of Sasuke comparable with that of a chuunin or jounin? Also....were guy's like Kakashi able to keep up with Lee's speed if he were to fight them in a real battle? After Lee used his gates...
Old 2009-04-20, 15:57   Link #2284
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Lee's speed is extraordinary, when Sasuke used it, he would have his stamina drained despite being a nearly-perfect jutsu master (remember Kakashi's explanation with the chakra bars?), so it's faster than what Chuunins and Jounins can normally achieve through chakra focus. Kakashi would be able to keep up to a point (3rd gate or so) thanks to his sharingan, normal ninjas wouldn't.
Old 2009-04-20, 16:10   Link #2285
Mr. Johnny 5
Konoha's ANBU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
Lee's speed is extraordinary, when Sasuke used it, he would have his stamina drained despite being a nearly-perfect jutsu master (remember Kakashi's explanation with the chakra bars?), so it's faster than what Chuunins and Jounins can normally achieve through chakra focus. Kakashi would be able to keep up to a point (3rd gate or so) thanks to his sharingan, normal ninjas wouldn't.
I am sure guy's like Orochimaru...and Itachi were moving with regulair speed which was probably above that of Lee. Since i can't imagine that a genin would outrun or surpass a jounin by speed. It's hard to believe it but if you are certain about it... then i'll guess i have to believe it
Old 2009-04-20, 17:34   Link #2286
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Hurting Gaara isn't merely a question of speed or Lee would have succeeded, hurting Gaara also requires a weapon strong enough to destroy his shields. A particulary hard task in the desert.

And no, Lee's speed wasn't extraordinary compared to many Jounin, how do you think all the Jounin could instantaneously stop Neji from attacking Hinata like it was nothing for example?
Or why Sasuke who was as fast as Lee and moved in a blur against Gaara couldn't blitz the people he faced next?
He didn't get any slower, his opponent simply happened to have relatively similar or even superior speed.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-21, 02:50   Link #2287
Mr. Johnny 5
Konoha's ANBU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
Hurting Gaara isn't merely a question of speed or Lee would have succeeded, hurting Gaara also requires a weapon strong enough to destroy his shields. A particulary hard task in the desert.

And no, Lee's speed wasn't extraordinary compared to many Jounin, how do you think all the Jounin could instantaneously stop Neji from attacking Hinata like it was nothing for example?
Or why Sasuke who was as fast as Lee and moved in a blur against Gaara couldn't blitz the people he faced next?
He didn't get any slower, his opponent simply happened to have relatively similar or even superior speed.
That's what i also thought but the speed of lee after he opened the gate... was then probably the point of view of all the other genin there right? I mean the jounins were still following his movements right?
Old 2009-04-21, 11:20   Link #2288
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Now 5 Gated Lee was indeed fast even as far as Jounin are concerned, there is a reason Kakashi uncovered his Sharingan at this point.
Old 2009-04-21, 11:34   Link #2289
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:

Maintaining that kind of speed had its toll on Sasuke so he couldn't keep it up for too long, and the speed level that sasuke copied (no weights, 3rd gate open or 5th gate open) was not defined...well, since the gate techniques put his life in danger I think it's natural for Lee to be much faster than the others, to the point where they can't follow him (with the exception of sharingan
Spoiler for manga:

Last edited by Hunter; 2009-04-21 at 18:24.
Old 2009-04-21, 18:23   Link #2290
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Maintaining this kind of speed took its hold for Lee as well and the speed that Sasuke reached was specified : the same than Lee without the weights.
The kind of speed Lee had with 4~5 Gates open might have been relatively comparable to KN1 Naruto or CS2 Sasuke but there is no element of comparison so it's impossible to tell exactly. Personally I would say 5 gated Lee was still faster though.
Of course that was way back during the Chuunin exam, the DataBook stated Sasuke has gotten even faster by the time he fought Naruto at the GotE and it increased enormously after the timeskip.
Spoiler:

Incidentally Sasuke didn't copy Lee's speed, you can't copy a physical trait.
Old 2009-04-22, 15:33   Link #2291
Mr. Johnny 5
Konoha's ANBU

Quote:
Maintaining this kind of speed took its hold for Lee as well and the speed that Sasuke reached was specified : the same than Lee without the weights.
The kind of speed Lee had with 4~5 Gates open might have been relatively comparable to KN1 Naruto or CS2 Sasuke but there is no element of comparison so it's impossible to tell exactly. Personally I would say 5 gated Lee was still faster though.
Of course that was way back during the Chuunin exam, the DataBook stated Sasuke has gotten even faster by the time he fought Naruto at the GotE and it increased enormously after the timeskip.
Spoiler:

Incidentally Sasuke didn't copy Lee's speed, you can't copy a physical trait.
Was what Kakashi and thus also Sasuke copied the ability to open the first 2 gates? Since i know that Kakashi mentioned something that after Lee opened the 4th and 5th Gate that doing such a thing wasnt only possible with hardwork. It's a talent (for opening the gates).
Old 2009-04-22, 18:53   Link #2292
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

The ability to open the Gates doesn't seem to be something that can be copied, it's a knack your body needs to learn on its own. And yeah the ability to open 5 Gates at such a young age was stated by Kakashi to be more than hardworkn in fact he called Lee a prodigy for this (which kind of suck considering Lee's character but oh well).
Kakashi was shown to be able to open at least the 1st Gate during his training and Sasuke at least partially copied the Lotus which require the opening of the 1st Gate as well (that's why Gai was astonished, it's not something that can be copied Sharingan or not) but Sasuke stated after that it was a move he couldn't rely on probably because his body wasn't trained enough to handle the stress.
Old 2009-04-23, 03:26   Link #2293
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Speaking of stress...
Spoiler for manga:
Old 2009-04-23, 14:57   Link #2294
Mr. Johnny 5
Konoha's ANBU

Quote:
Speaking of stress...
Spoiler for manga:
Spoiler:
Old 2009-05-03, 05:45   Link #2295
Clicky
Raindow Guide

Quote:
Speaking of stress...
Spoiler for manga:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Johnny 5 View Post
Spoiler:
That seems correct:
Spoiler for Naruto:
Old 2009-05-05, 02:02   Link #2296
ghazghkull
The Dang-meister

Send a message via MSN to ghazghkull Send a message via Yahoo to ghazghkull
Spoiler for manga:

Last edited by Hunter; 2009-05-05 at 07:51.
ghazghkull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-05, 09:04   Link #2297
Gamma_Sennin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghazghkull View Post
Spoiler for manga:
Spoiler for manga:
Gamma_Sennin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-05, 12:55   Link #2298
ghazghkull
The Dang-meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamma_Sennin View Post
Spoiler for manga:
Okay...okay...that helps a lot :3 thanks

Actually...another question

Spoiler for possible spoiler? O.o:
Old 2009-05-07, 11:16   Link #2299
Blaine

IIRC danzo is considered a warhawk so if he was hokage konoha's policies could become more hostile, other countries would probably adopt similar policies eventually a war could break out.
Old 2009-05-07, 12:30   Link #2300
ghazghkull
The Dang-meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaine View Post
IIRC danzo is considered a warhawk so if he was hokage konoha's policies could become more hostile, other countries would probably adopt similar policies eventually a war could break out.
Spoiler for possible spoilers:

Tags
q&a