AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

View Poll Results: Should Naruto have a BLoodline Limit?
Yes 26 52.00%
NO 24 48.00%
Voters: 50. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2007-08-28, 07:35   Link #101
KyuubiRocks
What?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Other Ninja View Post
Maybe if this were American comics where Superman isn't the only omega-level super-powered individual and ideas can run wild with the possibilities, but... it isn't. Yes it would be cool but its too late for that to happen and affect his character. It would be a drastic change in Naruto's embodying persona to give him an ability like that now and would more diminish him as a worthwhile character than not. Besides, his father was the best of the best and he (by all reasonable accounts) didn't rely on a kekkei genkai. Don't stop short on Naruto too soon. He will impress us soon enough.
I agree...Naruto is yet to show his true abilities...and when he does...BANG!!!
we will be left speechless...believe it.
Old 2007-08-28, 07:57   Link #102
tatami
back in black

its so much funny that he cant get rid of kyubi, that will crack the story , and he musnt use kyubi according to yamatoo...what will happen to poor kyubi?
tatami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-28, 08:38   Link #103
^_Usagi_^
BaKa

Huh? Isn't Kyuubi enough?

I say no
^_Usagi_^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-28, 08:58   Link #104
Siege

i agree that giving naruto a bloodlimit is another Overpowering (Like the God Suits in Gundam Seed Destiny)

but currently Naruto cannot compete against Sas-God (CS2 + Oro's Healing Abilities + Sharingan + MS(Speculatory Until Suigetsu is Killed) + Chidori + Chidori Nightmare or whatever he's calling what he did to itachi's Crow Clone) Or Itach-Me (Sharingan + MS + Unholy Speed + Amaterasu + Tsuykiomi + Genjustu Pointing)

Naruto's BloodLimit Should and could possibly be something based around the fourths Body Flicker just the RAW speed
Siege is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-28, 09:09   Link #105
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoe View Post
Just a nitpick:

Spoiler for manga:
Both uzu and uzumaki translate as whirlpool.

Last edited by Hunter; 2007-08-28 at 09:57.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-28, 09:24   Link #106
ZGoten
Custom User Title

Send a message via ICQ to ZGoten
Quote:
Originally Posted by ^_Usagi_^ View Post
Huh? Isn't Kyuubi enough?

I say no
That´s a point.
But Kyuubi´s abillities are just so boring. It gives naruto just more power, not any kind of strategic opportunities.
Naruto really needs to get some tactics in his fight. Pein, Itachi etc are enemies, who cannot just be "BOOOMED" to death.
A bloodline limit maybe would give naruto some more abilities, which would make his fights a lot more interesting.
Old 2007-08-28, 09:48   Link #107
MysticNinjaJay
Ninja Emperor

Naruto would have to be the dumbest ninja in history to have not discovered his bloodline limit at his age while every other character in the series used some of their powers as Genin.

Haku had no clue that he had an advanced bloodline yet it came to him instinctively.
Old 2007-08-28, 10:12   Link #108
DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGoten View Post
That´s a point.
But Kyuubi´s abillities are just so boring. It gives naruto just more power, not any kind of strategic opportunities.
Naruto really needs to get some tactics in his fight. Pein, Itachi etc are enemies, who cannot just be "BOOOMED" to death.
A bloodline limit maybe would give naruto some more abilities, which would make his fights a lot more interesting.
I'm sure you saw Naruto vs Haku & Naruto vs Sasuke & maybe you saw Naruto vs Orochimaru

The Bijuu in every Jinchuuriki that we've seen only offers its power to the user (not intelligence), more than likely because, if a Jinchuuriki over uses the Bijuu's powers the Bijuu will more than likely escape from its prison or take full control of the user (container).

But to stay on topic, the Kyuubi did give Naruto some strategic opportunities, the only problem with that is that it can mainly depend on the Jinchuuriki's intelligence in combination with the Bijuu's intelligence (I'm leaving room for possibility). I said it like that because, Sasuke vs Naruto, the Bijuu (Kyuubi) actually acted on its own to attack Sasuke while Naruto would be attacking, so that fight was like having 1 1/2 vs 1 since Kyuubi couldn't fully act on his own but could fight with its own will.

To add to that, the combination of Naruto and Kyuubi, they gained all fields, close-range combat, mid-range combat, and long-range combat. Naruto's character is not like Nara Shikamaru where he'll use his brains to beat you in a corner. Naruto is more of a barbarian when it comes to fighting he uses brute force and close to mid range combat. Anyone should know that a long range fighter will have more of a strategy b/c more or less they're taking there time and waiting for the moment to properly attack. Garaa, Temari, and Shikamaru, have long range combat skills and are all patient in combat, measuring there ability to win, studying they're opponent without getting hurt or too hurt in the process to strike back.

Naruto is what he is, so accept it or choose some other character (truth be told Naruto isn't that smart and niether is the Kyuubi for that matter)
DCT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-28, 10:15   Link #109
nubby

Naruto will also have to confront the Kyuubi before the story ends so he can't just rely solely on the Kyuubi for power. What becomes of Naruto when he loses the Kyuubi?
nubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-28, 10:22   Link #110
ZGoten
Custom User Title

Lol, I wasn´t trying to say, that Naruto needs to fight like Shikamaru with brain and stuff.....

It´s just that he lacks possibilities to attack or defend himself. All he does in battle is Shadow Clones -> Rasengan....He needs to develope some more techincs to come up with.

Thats all I intended to say.
Old 2007-08-28, 13:30   Link #111
DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGoten View Post
Lol, I wasn´t trying to say, that Naruto needs to fight like Shikamaru with brain and stuff.....

It´s just that he lacks possibilities to attack or defend himself. All he does in battle is Shadow Clones -> Rasengan....He needs to develope some more techincs to come up with.

Thats all I intended to say.
I see, but his Kage Buushin's has been a tactical advantage he's used in many cases almost 90% of his fights.

Neji in the first series or vs Kakashi in the second series

Naruto uses Kage Buushin to confuse his opponents (Chuunin Exam)

I understand though, you're saying you're tired of seeing the basis of Naruto's combat skills and he should have something more as in something like Katen that Neji but if you wait, Naruto will have more Jutsus for sure (that's what he preached so much, more training more jutsus)

He has the new version of Rasingan, he's learning more about shape manipulation but understand in Naruto most people don't have that many jutsus unless you're Kakashi or a very experienced shinobi and Naruto still kinda dumb but is becoming smarter day to day it seems and more witty.

If he was able to do alot now he'd be boring latter b/c he would know too much, I think it's nice to see him use what he has instead of having a move or moves that would just counter his opponent.

Keeping him how he is just keeps him as a underdog still. But I get you
DCT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-28, 13:37   Link #112
ZGoten
Custom User Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCT View Post
I see, but his Kage Buushin's has been a tactical advantage he's used in many cases almost 90% of his fights.

Neji in the first series or vs Kakashi in the second series

Naruto uses Kage Buushin to confuse his opponents (Chuunin Exam)

I understand though, you're saying you're tired of seeing the basis of Naruto's combat skills and he should have something more as in something like Katen that Neji but if you wait, Naruto will have more Jutsus for sure (that's what he preached so much, more training more jutsus)

He has the new version of Rasingan, he's learning more about shape manipulation but understand in Naruto most people don't have that many jutsus unless you're Kakashi or a very experienced shinobi and Naruto still kinda dumb but is becoming smarter day to day it seems and more witty.

If he was able to do alot now he'd be boring latter b/c he would know too much, I think it's nice to see him use what he has instead of having a move or moves that would just counter his opponent.

Keeping him how he is just keeps him as a underdog still. But I get you

Yes, I too think he will become a more "flexible" shinobi in future.
Especially vs. Itachi we saw some improvements of Naruto.
Old 2007-08-28, 14:27   Link #113
That Other Ninja
That Other Senior Member
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by nubby View Post
sure........more like a loser who hasnt amounted to anything with his hard work and has to resort to cheating by using steroids, oops, i meant kyuubi.
He is a vessel for a demon that was put inside of him against his own volition. You talk about Kyuubi as if it has no negative setbacks. He's been ridiculed all his life for it, using it can shorten his lifespan and there are people out there set on capturing him to extract it from him and kill him. Steroids? Get real son. Despite all these shitty circumstances he has only ever used it in good will. He grew up a loser but hasn't amounted to anything? You're talking about the protagonist who is now probably stronger than all other former Konoha genin with some exceptions being Sasuke, perhaps Neji and Shikamaru. Kakashi himself has stated that Naruto has surpassed him, though maybe not in the sense of leadership, wit, or sensibility but definitely in terms of ability. Give credit where credit is due.
That Other Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-28, 15:07   Link #114
Zoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
Both uzu and uzumaki translate as whirlpool.
Uzu - 渦 【うず】 (n) swirl;
Uzumaki - 渦巻き 【うずまき】 (n) whirlpool; eddy; coil
Zoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-28, 15:47   Link #115
Naruto_spartan
epic hero

Location: In a place in the mountins of Europe, a place where legends still spring in the world of modern man.
Spoiler for manga:

I also think that he should at least have a personalized weapon, I mean almost everyone has something (Sakura's gloves, Kakashi's gloves, Rock Lee's weights, Gai's ninchaks(possibely misspealed it), Sasuke's sword, Choji's armor, Kiba and Akamaru, Shikamaru and Asuna's knives(I believe they belong to him now), Sai's paintings and ink,etc.) I mean it's about time he had his own weapon, maybe a the sword of his father or at least his kunais, or something that belonged to his mother. It would make him look really sharp.
Naruto_spartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-29, 10:33   Link #116
shadowyondaime
Sponsor: Naughty Konoha!

Send a message via MSN to shadowyondaime
If his family of pein it would be cool if he can activate his cirkel kinda eyes maybe its some kinda kekkai jutsu.

if its confirmed that his father is namikaze my thoery or questions is that He got family in konoha ( naruto ) maybe parents of minato since minato isnt that old I would say taht they should naturally be living but well dunno lol I just hope some1 pops out that is if tsunade is plannign on telling him and im not sure she will ( at least when hes back really bad injured maybe ) or else no.

Last edited by shadowyondaime; 2007-08-29 at 10:51.
shadowyondaime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-30, 18:44   Link #117
pizzajincuuriki
I have it inside me :]

not trying to be a smartass or anything, but it is spelled nunchaku or just nunchuks as far as I know. And yes, a weapon would be hella smexy, but I dont think a sword fits naruto's fighting style. Maybe a Mace or someting and thats just not very ninja-iy, even if they do come out of TenTen's sword.
pizzajincuuriki is offline   Reply With Quote