(and I mean in a literal sense you perverts )]
Spoiler for Grammar Nerdism plus slight spoiler:
scrumly1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-28, 11:20   Link #2682
Rejuvenation
Final Elysium

Quote:
Spoiler:
We finally cracked the Top 5! Medaka vs. Miyakonojou is both the highest ranked fight in the manga and the highest ranked chapter in the manga so far. I can not wait for it all to be translated so I can re-read it all together in full. This made my day and I'm loving every minute of it.
Old 2010-07-28, 11:41   Link #2683
Homura7

^Thanks, Rejuvenation.

So, who said that Nisio has lost his touch? According with the ranking above, I think he hasn't in the least.

Today is such a good day.
Homura7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-28, 11:59   Link #2684
Rejuvenation
Final Elysium

Quote:
Originally Posted by _kurusu_ View Post
^Thanks, Rejuvenation.

So, who said that Nisio has lost his touch? According with the ranking above, I think he hasn't in the least.

Today is such a good day.
You are welcome.

Now what really makes my day is that we once again have a fight in the Flask Plan arc that was rated higher than any of the set up chapters. And once again, it wasn't focusing on Zenkichi.

Since Medaka is my favorite character, you can bet I'm having a party on the inside that one of her fights tops all of the others. Especially since she generally gets loads of hate from the fandom. Since I actually do like Miyakonojou as a villain as well, its all gravy for me.
Old 2010-07-28, 13:45   Link #2685
ShiroiRyu

And actually ... No more scanlations ... ARGLLLLLLLLL !
It's just so sad to read all of you. :/
ShiroiRyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-29, 07:59   Link #2686
Lummie

btw guys, I saw some people asking but the girl from class -13 is called "Emukae"
Lummie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-30, 02:43   Link #2687
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rejuvenation View Post
Since Medaka is my favorite character, you can bet I'm having a party on the inside that one of her fights tops all of the others. Especially since she generally gets loads of hate from the fandom. Since I actually do like Miyakonojou as a villain as well, its all gravy for me.
When they get around to a popularity poll (prob next color) I'm gonna laugh when Medaka crushes everyone else in the poll (like every main character does in Jump comics) and half the people in the English fandom will be just like @_@
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-30, 08:28   Link #2688
Rejuvenation
Final Elysium

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
When they get around to a popularity poll (prob next color) I'm gonna laugh when Medaka crushes everyone else in the poll (like every main character does in Jump comics) and half the people in the English fandom will be just like @_@
You read my mind.

The popularity poll is exactly the next step I have been waiting for and we should be close to it starting because the first popularity poll for a Jump series normally happens between the first and second year of a series. Unless Medaka gets an unexpected color for something else, the poll will definitely be the next guaranteed color. I look forward to the poll so I can see where Medaka and a few of the 13 Party members rank. As well as it finally being the decider for certain arguments. =P
Old 2010-07-30, 09:15   Link #2689
KLGChaos
The Shermain

Meh, people will like who they like. I find Medaka's character to be very bland and annoying. Again, I feel the same way about pretty much any character I consider to be near perfect or overpowered-- I don't like Aizen from Bleach, for example. It's just not my thing.

I prefer my heroes to actually have challenges in front of them and I like to see them using team work. When a hero completely overshadows the rest of the cast, it's not good.
Old 2010-07-30, 14:06   Link #2690
DJ Trouble
Pajama Party!

Quote:
We finally cracked the Top 5! Medaka vs. Miyakonojou is both the highest ranked fight in the manga and the highest ranked chapter in the manga so far. I can not wait for it all to be translated so I can re-read it all together in full. This made my day and I'm loving every minute of it.
Hahaha, this is awesome. I laugh in the face of all those that said this manga was getting canceled. Medaka will take her place among the Big 3 yet.
DJ Trouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-30, 14:23   Link #2691
notme
団長

Quote:
It's not top 5 yet...

Color chapters aren't in the magazine at their rated spot (Jump likes to have an even distribution of color I guess). Beelzebub and Bleach were both likely rated higher (making Medaka at least 7). I don't know how Toriko and Sket Dance usually rate, so Medaka might be even lower than that (possibly 9th place).

This rating isn't that good considering there are several stories that are on the chopping block. SWOT and Metallica being the most likely.
notme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-30, 14:43   Link #2692
KLGChaos
The Shermain

Quote:
Originally Posted by notme View Post
It's not top 5 yet...

Color chapters aren't in the magazine at their rated spot (Jump likes to have an even distribution of color I guess). Beelzebub and Bleach were both likely rated higher (making Medaka at least 7). I don't know how Toriko and Sket Dance usually rate, so Medaka might be even lower than that (possibly 9th place).

This rating isn't that good considering there are several stories that are on the chopping block. SWOT and Metallica being the most likely.
Wait, this week was color pages? I didn't even realize that. Those aren't ranked at all and are out of order.
Old 2010-07-30, 16:26   Link #2693
notme
団長

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLGChaos View Post
Wait, this week was color pages? I didn't even realize that. Those aren't ranked at all and are out of order.
Medaka didn't have color pages, but of the manga that did have color pages there few of that are consistently in the top 5 (Beelzebub and Bleach). So Medaka may be within the top 5 of the ranked chapters for this edition, but its actual ranking is most probably lower.
notme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-30, 16:28   Link #2694
Homura7

Quote:
Originally Posted by notme View Post
Medaka didn't have color pages, but of the manga that did have color pages there few of that are consistently in the top 5 (Beelzebub and Bleach). So Medaka may be within the top 5 of the ranked chapters for this edition, but its actual ranking is most probably lower.
No, because manga with color pages are not ranked, there'sn't an established order because these are independent, so that won't make Medaka Box ranking lower. This chapter was ranked 5th in the top and that's all that matters.

It's a new great step that will probably now shut the mouths of those who are constantly claiming it to be cancelled (lol, dreamers)
Old 2010-07-30, 17:18   Link #2695
Nvis
Where are the good animes

Spoiler for 60:
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-30, 18:15   Link #2696
Homura7

There's something I forgot to mention. Chapters with color pages are not ranked, but chapters with just covers are ranked, therefore this makes Toriko 1st and Medaka Box 6th in the ranking. Oh, meh, who cares, 5th ot 6th, it doesn't make any difference apart from not easing the desperation of those who want it to be cancelled

Either way, it's a great ranking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis View Post
Spoiler for 60:
But it's not perfect yet, he broke the wall with each step.
Old 2010-07-30, 18:40   Link #2697
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis View Post
Spoiler for 60:
Oh man how this series is a far cry from how it started out

I really wonder if we'll ever get back to the box.
Old 2010-07-30, 18:48   Link #2698
Homura7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
Oh man how this series is a far cry from how it started out
Chapter 1: Medaka pulls tenths of bunshins instantly. How the hell do you say it started, lol? Enough with the whining about Medaka Box not being the shoujo-like school life manga you expected it to be (and thanks goodness it never turned that way).

Quote:
I really wonder if we'll ever get back to the box.
It went back to the box 3 chapters ago

Last edited by Homura7; 2010-07-30 at 19:10.
Old 2010-07-30, 18:58   Link #2699
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by _kurusu_ View Post
It went back to the box 3 chapters ago
eh yea afraid I missed that part, so does it really have a chapter that deals with a problem from the box?
I'd like to see how the whole gang handles it.
Old 2010-07-30, 19:01   Link #2700
Homura7

Quote:
eh yea afraid I missed that part, so does it really have a chapter that deals with a problem from the box?
I'd like to see how the whole gang handles it.
The new problem they have to deal: Watch over the new transferred students, they are extremly dangerous and could make of the academy hell. If necessary, use the strenght to subjugate them.

Tags
action, comedy, harem, nishio, romance, shounen, student council