AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2010-07-30, 20:37   Link #2701
Rejuvenation
Final Elysium

The box never went anywhere. The difference is that the requests involving the box has had more complicated factors and spawned longer arcs. The first few requests were in episodic format to help lay the foundation for the setting and the characters. As is typical for a shounen starting out. Especially Jump at that.

I've been over this before, but "stopping Class 13" was a more complex task for several reasons. One of them being that the people to confront this time weren't a bunch of scrubs like earlier in the series and stopping them meant also stopping a generally larger problem. Not on the same level as trying to find a lost puppy or be a model for an eccentric painter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by notme View Post
It's not top 5 yet...

Color chapters aren't in the magazine at their rated spot (Jump likes to have an even distribution of color I guess). Beelzebub and Bleach were both likely rated higher (making Medaka at least 7). I don't know how Toriko and Sket Dance usually rate, so Medaka might be even lower than that (possibly 9th place).

This rating isn't that good considering there are several stories that are on the chopping block. SWOT and Metallica being the most likely.
That is a piss poor excuse. There are series that get color every week and there are times when there are several colors in a week. Many of those times obviously being series that rank highly so if people wanted they can nitpick rankings week in and week out. Thats why we don't do it and if this were another series and not Medaka Box no one would be trying to play that card.

Considering it is above the likes of Hokenshitsu, Psyren, Kuroko, Gintama and Reborn it is a valid ranking. Especially since the latter 3 have been in the top 5 several times and the latter two in the top 3.

There are always series on the chopping block. The point in Jump is to climb over the corpses of other series. Which Medaka Box has been doing and making it a joy to watch it kick the teeth in of all the naysayers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by _kurusu_ View Post
There's something I forgot to mention. Chapters with color pages are not ranked, but chapters with just covers are ranked, therefore this makes Toriko 1st and Medaka Box 6th in the ranking. Oh, meh, who cares, 5th ot 6th, it doesn't make any difference apart from not easing the desperation of those who want it to be cancelled

Either way, it's a great ranking

But it's not perfect yet, he broke the wall with each step.
Whether series that get covers are ranked or not is still being debated everywhere I look. Any series that got the cover but no color pages from what I can see looking back through the archives was placed at the top. Although a lot of times that ends up being One Piece or Naruto, and they are high anyway, I've seen Bakuman and Toriko(An earlier cover) placed near the top too.

Either way, its 5th or 6th. Still higher than all the set up chapters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Trouble View Post
Hahaha, this is awesome. I laugh in the face of all those that said this manga was getting canceled. Medaka will take her place among the Big 3 yet.
Going to have to wait for an anime. I estimate the series being capable of reaching a Reborn/Gintama level after an anime but I won't declare with certainty that it kicks Bleach out of its third wheel spot.
Old 2010-07-31, 06:31   Link #2702
scrumly1

This thread is a whole let less interesting without the naysayers, which oddly enough was my entire reason to read medaka box. now that it's degenerated to self-congratulatory back patting, I think i'll drop both the manga and the thread. What's weird is I had no particular feelings either way on it but the thread made it more interesting.
scrumly1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-31, 11:58   Link #2703
Kunagisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrumly1 View Post
This thread is a whole let less interesting without the naysayers, which oddly enough was my entire reason to read medaka box. now that it's degenerated to self-congratulatory back patting, I think i'll drop both the manga and the thread. What's weird is I had no particular feelings either way on it but the thread made it more interesting.
This is just like saying I never cared for the manga to begin with, but I read it just for forum drama. Well I, for one, congratulate you for finally stop wasting your time.
Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-31, 14:27   Link #2704
ksho

Some interesting developments in the latest chapter.

Spoiler for Chapter 61:
ksho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-31, 14:31   Link #2705
Last Carpet

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksho View Post

Spoiler for Chapter 61:
Sounds great, now I just need to find the RAW for it.
Last Carpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-31, 16:39   Link #2706
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:

Spoiler for Chapter 61:
Awesome.. all we need is a leaked pic of Medaka slightly blushing so people can rage about the new guy causing that reaction until the actual raw comes out and than this thread will just be like old times.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-31, 17:47   Link #2707
Rejuvenation
Final Elysium

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Awesome.. all we need is a leaked pic of Medaka slightly blushing so people can rage about the new guy causing that reaction until the actual raw comes out and than this thread will just be like old times.
Bwahahaha! I still get highly amused whenever I look back on that.
Old 2010-07-31, 19:03   Link #2708
Last Carpet

I liked this chapter.

Spoiler for Chapter 61:

Last edited by Last Carpet; 2010-07-31 at 20:26.
Old 2010-08-01, 08:50   Link #2709
ksho

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Carpet View Post
I liked this chapter.

Spoiler for Chapter 61:
Well...Kumagawa's exact words were:

Spoiler for Chapter 60 & 61:

Last edited by ksho; 2010-08-01 at 09:19.
Old 2010-08-01, 09:08   Link #2710
Homura7

Woah...

Spoiler for spoiler:

Excellent chapter, btw
Homura7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-01, 09:18   Link #2711
ksho

Quote:
Woah...

Spoiler for spoiler:

Excellent chapter, btw
Spoiler for Spoiler:
Old 2010-08-01, 09:28   Link #2712
Last Carpet

Quote:

Once again, it gives me the hope that Class Negative 13 will try and take Zenkichi for themselves. It's hard for Abnormals to get close to people. And for Negative
Abnormals like Kumagawa, who absorbs the negativity from everyone he meets, and Emukae who is desperate to have close contact with someone, it must be impossible for them to get close to others.

Zenkichi is someone they feel they can get close to, if nothing else he's someone that the Negative 13 would probably want around.Unless he chooses to join them, or they turn him evil, I just hope he makes his own connections with them.

If not for him, just because losing him would make Medaka fall apart.
(I wonder if Kumagawa knows that?)
Old 2010-08-01, 10:31   Link #2713
Rejuvenation
Final Elysium

Quote:

Spoiler:
Old 2010-08-01, 11:52   Link #2714
OGmonk

Hello, fellow Medaka fans. I really hate doing this but all of my usual sources seem to not be posting or don't have the raws for chapters 60 (and now 61, I suppose). It's strange because I can easily find every other popular/semi-popular manga from jump pretty easily. If anyone can direct me to them it would be greatly appreciated. I would prefer not to use IRC channels if at all possible. Thanks a bunch!
OGmonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-01, 14:21   Link #2715
Rejuvenation
Final Elysium

Quote:
Issue 36/37 Bottom 5:
Hokenshitsu
Kuroko
Psyren
Metallica
Shonen Shikku

Issue 38:
Lead CP: Bleach
CP: Golden Future Cup, Nurarihyon, Kochikame (movie adaptation?)
Special Chapter: Gag Manga Biyori
Score another for the home team. Chapter 55, where Medaka vs. Miyakonojou concludes and Kumagawa shows up makes this 3 weeks in a row. If this is where we finally build up the momentum I'll be elated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OGmonk View Post
Hello, fellow Medaka fans. I really hate doing this but all of my usual sources seem to not be posting or don't have the raws for chapters 60 (and now 61, I suppose). It's strange because I can easily find every other popular/semi-popular manga from jump pretty easily. If anyone can direct me to them it would be greatly appreciated. I would prefer not to use IRC channels if at all possible. Thanks a bunch!
I'll PM you.
Old 2010-08-01, 16:16   Link #2716
Homura7

So I'm curious to know how Emukae likes Zen. Could someone translate that part, please? Thanks in advance
Homura7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-01, 21:25   Link #2717
Haesslich
Go to DMC! Go to DMC!

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Carpet View Post
Once again, it gives me the hope that Class Negative 13 will try and take Zenkichi for themselves. It's hard for Abnormals to get close to people. And for Negative
Abnormals like Kumagawa, who absorbs the negativity from everyone he meets, and Emukae who is desperate to have close contact with someone, it must be impossible for them to get close to others.

Zenkichi is someone they feel they can get close to, if nothing else he's someone that the Negative 13 would probably want around.Unless he chooses to join them, or they turn him evil, I just hope he makes his own connections with them.

If not for him, just because losing him would make Medaka fall apart.
(I wonder if Kumagawa knows that?)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rejuvenation View Post
Spoiler:
Well...

Spoiler:

Quote:
Woah...

Spoiler for spoiler:

Excellent chapter, btw
Quote:
Spoiler for Spoiler:
Yup.

Spoiler:
Haesslich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-02, 07:12   Link #2718
Lummie

No one surprised that after getting stabbed in the foot, Zen easily walks around as if nothing happened?
Lummie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-02, 11:20   Link #2719
Haesslich
Go to DMC! Go to DMC!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lummie;
No one surprised that after getting stabbed in the foot, Zen easily walks around as if nothing happened?
Not after he got up and ceiling-stomped Munekata following a dozen swords in the back. He either got a very high pain tolerance plus other things to resist shock following Medaka around doppfor years... or it's burning willpower, Domon Kasshu style.
Haesslich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-02, 16:06   Link #2720
silver001

I have been searching for the new chapters, would someone please direct me to where i can find them.

Thank you.
silver001 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, comedy, harem, nishio, romance, shounen, student council