AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2010-10-03, 01:45   Link #2861
Rejuvenation
Final Elysium

As I said before, Medaka is fine for the rest of the year. 2011 is where I'd feel a bit uneasy depending on if those series suck as much as the majority of 2010 has or not.

Spoiler for Raw 69:
Old 2010-10-03, 02:56   Link #2862
KLGChaos
The Shermain

Spoiler:
Old 2010-10-03, 04:25   Link #2863
Doc Astaroth

Okay...

Spoiler:

Last edited by Doc Astaroth; 2010-10-03 at 07:05.
Doc Astaroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-03, 11:38   Link #2864
Rejuvenation
Final Elysium

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLGChaos View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Astaroth View Post
Okay...

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 2010-10-03, 12:22   Link #2865
Doc Astaroth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rejuvenation View Post
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Well...

Spoiler:
Old 2010-10-03, 13:33   Link #2866
KLGChaos
The Shermain

Quote:
Well...

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 2010-10-03, 14:08   Link #2867
Iron21

Where did y'all get chapter 69 from?

Can anyone pm the link to me please.

EDIT: Got it.
Iron21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-03, 17:44   Link #2868
Rejuvenation
Final Elysium

Quote:
Well...

Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Last edited by Rejuvenation; 2010-10-03 at 19:19.
Rejuvenation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-06, 13:51   Link #2869
Last Carpet

Spoiler:

I can't say I'm surprised, but something still bothers me. If Kumagawa's the Big Bad that not even the God-like Beast Medaka can touch, why is his fight first?

Could there be something planned in the future that will pale in comparison to this?

(I'm still hoping for an evil-Zenkichi)
Last Carpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-07, 10:27   Link #2870
Westlo
Lets be reality

Medaka had 4 color pages this week, 2 for the results of the character poll.

http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/4402587/022.jpg.html#
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-07, 10:34   Link #2871
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
When they get around to a popularity poll (prob next color) I'm gonna laugh when Medaka crushes everyone else in the poll (like every main character does in Jump comics) and half the people in the English fandom will be just like @_@
So is this a Joker howl or just a quite chuckle?

nice to see Kikaijima in the top 10
Old 2010-10-07, 10:36   Link #2872
Rejuvenation
Final Elysium

Well that kills that argument too and I was waiting for it. Medaka is more popular than Zenkichi like I thought. Kills that whole "character popularity" thing people tried to use whenever Medaka was spotlighted. Not like her fight against Miyakonojou didn't already do that. Seems like Westlo and I get to gloat.

Just as I thought, Munakata is extremely popular as well. As far as #3 even which explains things perfectly for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Carpet View Post
Spoiler:

I can't say I'm surprised, but something still bothers me. If Kumagawa's the Big Bad that not even the God-like Beast Medaka can touch, why is his fight first?

Could there be something planned in the future that will pale in comparison to this?

(I'm still hoping for an evil-Zenkichi)
His fight is first because its very likely this isn't his final fight. Chances are he has more uses for All Fiction that he hasn't shown. Just like Miyakonojou didn't reveal Unreasonable Taxation until the final fight of the Flask Plan arc.
Old 2010-10-07, 14:49   Link #2873
Last Carpet

Quote:
Well that kills that argument too and I was waiting for it. Medaka is more popular than Zenkichi like I thought. Kills that whole "character popularity" thing people tried to use whenever Medaka was spotlighted. Not like her fight against Miyakonojou didn't already do that. Seems like Westlo and I get to gloat.

Just as I thought, Munakata is extremely popular as well. As far as #3 even which explains things perfectly for me.

His fight is first because its very likely this isn't his final fight. Chances are he has more uses for All Fiction that he hasn't shown. Just like Miyakonojou didn't reveal Unreasonable Taxation until the final fight of the Flask Plan arc.
Hmm....that sounds reasonable.

As glad as I am to see this get drawn out, I can't help think that this'll give Medaka time to come up with a skill that'll beat Kumagawa. Proving, as usual, that she's just better than everyone.

Medaka's got an almighty ability that can't be matched by a Plus, but can be used against a Minus. If she finds a way around this and takes down Kumagawa on her own, (which she couldn't do before), I'd say the manga is doomed.

My hopes lie with Zenkichi. Either turning evil and seeing how Medaka tries to get by without her emotional crutch. Or finding that Zenkichi is an Abnormal in his own league.

Only time will tell.
Old 2010-10-07, 19:29   Link #2874
Doc Astaroth

Quote:

As glad as I am to see this get drawn out, I can't help think that this'll give Medaka time to come up with a skill that'll beat Kumagawa. Proving, as usual, that she's just better than everyone.

Medaka's got an almighty ability that can't be matched by a Plus, but can be used against a Minus. If she finds a way around this and takes down Kumagawa on her own, (which she couldn't do before), I'd say the manga is doomed.

My hopes lie with Zenkichi. Either turning evil and seeing how Medaka tries to get by without her emotional crutch. Or finding that Zenkichi is an Abnormal in his own league.

Only time will tell.
I never really understand the appeal of Zenkichi becoming evil or an Abnormal. Why can he stay a Normal, this would make his victory even more awesome.

Also, I think, Medaka already developed such a method: The Perses mode.
This mode didnīt seem to match her general behavior, but now I understand: By giving up her reason, Kumagawa couldnīt any longer influence her. This is why he became so desinterested in her.

However, she lost this "advantage" of the Perses Mode now, so yeah...

I still hoping on a Medaka vs Shiranui fight.
Old 2010-10-07, 21:26   Link #2875
Last Carpet

Quote:
I never really understand the appeal of Zenkichi becoming evil or an Abnormal. Why can he stay a Normal, this would make his victory even more awesome.
My main standing is for Zenkichi becoming Evil. Not for him turning into a full-blown Big Bad like Kumagawa. Maybe just losing his way for a while, or even just so he can see what it's like. To err is human after all.

Medaka's "dragged" him around for years without caring how the situation affects him. To this day he still follows her around. What if one day he decides to go off on his own, to do what he wants without any say from Medaka. Without caring about what she wants or what she thinks. Who knows where it would take him?

And even so, it's not just for Zenkichi. We all know that Medaka was lonely as a child(and is implied to still feel this way sometimes). Zenkichi is her emotional crutch, without him around, she'd come apart at the seams.I want to see if Medaka can get by without him.

With her "The End" Abnormality, you'd think there's nothing she can't do. She's said before that she can't do anything unless he's around, I want to see if that's really true, because I seriously doubt it. Plus if it is true, I'd like to see Medaka try and get by without her boy toy. To see if she really does appreciate him, if she really does hold him to a higher regard than anyone else.

As for Zenkichi's Normal status, I don't think he's Abnormal but he's not completely Normal either. Throughout the manga, from the Start of the Flask Plan arc up to now, it's been hinted that Zenkichi isn't the Normal that everyone, including himself, believes him to be. And I'm kind of sick of the beating around the bush. I want them to just come out and say where he stands among all the students that are supposedly "better" than him.
Old 2010-10-07, 22:08   Link #2876
Johnny
Working the bags...

I agree, as I don't know any normal people that can run up the side of a building...

Maybe it's something like Superman banged Lois Lane and Zenkichi was the product of said romp type of thing. He's not completely normal or completely abnormal either...
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-07, 22:48   Link #2877
Rejuvenation
Final Elysium

Quote:

Only time will tell.
Honestly, this seems rather simple to me though harder to actually do for Medaka I guess. Technically Medaka controls the abnormalities she copies in her P-Mars mode but she doesn't ever appear to control her own abnormality. Looking over the series and explanations again, its like Medaka can't turn her ability off.

Similar to how Takachiho couldn't help his reflexes, Medaka can't help her ability to copy and master. If she learned how to not automatically copy everything she encounters, the threat of facing off against a minus wouldn't cause her the psychological damage of absorbing their abilities and perfecting their abilities. Medaka taking down Kumagawa hardly dooms the manga. She is the main character and its to be expected. Its like expecting Naruto not to fight Sasuke, for Luffy to not be the one out of all his crew mates to take on the opposing pirate boss, for Yusuke not to fight the opposing group's leader etc.

I've hardly any interest in Zenkichi. Kujira called him "unchangeable" and that really gets confirmed throughout the story. Since he is mostly a static character I know he is not going to be the one to deliver things on par with some of my favorite moments of this series. Even if he were to awaken an abnormality, I'm not sure if that would spark my interest if his character doesn't progress from there.

Every time he has the chance to do something he just proves to me that he is who I thought he was. The perennial Robin to Medaka's Batman. And really there isn't anything wrong with that. He will always be Medaka's sidekick and always have no business trying to take on end of arc bosses who keep messing up his name(Miyakonojou) or showing no interest in him(Kumagawa). Let alone when they show the true scope of their abilities.
Old 2010-10-08, 00:37   Link #2878
AQVXZ11

Quote:
I've hardly any interest in Zenkichi. Kujira called him "unchangeable" and that really gets confirmed throughout the story. Since he is mostly a static character I know he is not going to be the one to deliver things on par with some of my favorite moments of this series. Even if he were to awaken an abnormality, I'm not sure if that would spark my interest if his character doesn't progress from there.

Every time he has the chance to do something he just proves to me that he is who I thought he was. The perennial Robin to Medaka's Batman. And really there isn't anything wrong with that. He will always be Medaka's sidekick and always have no business trying to take on end of arc bosses who keep messing up his name(Miyakonojou) or showing no interest in him(Kumagawa). Let alone when they show the true scope of their abilities.
Well all this proves is that the revelation of Zenkichi's abnormal ability/dramatic change in personality will be all the more shocking and important. Besides Kujira has been wrong in a few instances in this series already. Not saying he will take down a boss but all this underestimating him only makes him seem more important. And do you really see him as a sidekick? I thought they were 50/50 more like a Zatch/Kiyo or Soul/Maka (Sorry could not think of anything better) accept that they don't fight together. Although a "normal" guy is okay too. It would be kinda cool if he stays the way he is but if he were really normal, he would not have defeated Munakata. At one point Munakata even said: "This guy's not normal!"
AQVXZ11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-08, 02:05   Link #2879
Doc Astaroth

Found some spoiler:

Spoiler:

Iīm not exactly sure about the contents, but it seems like...

Spoiler:

Mhm...

Quote:
With her "The End" Abnormality, you'd think there's nothing she can't do. She's said before that she can't do anything unless he's around, I want to see if that's really true, because I seriously doubt it. Plus if it is true, I'd like to see Medaka try and get by without her boy toy. To see if she really does appreciate him, if she really does hold him to a higher regard than anyone else.
In that case it would be enough if he just dies, right? He must not become evil for that.
Old 2010-10-08, 07:43   Link #2880
KLGChaos
The Shermain

Quote:

Also, I think, Medaka already developed such a method: The Perses mode.
This mode didnīt seem to match her general behavior, but now I understand: By giving up her reason, Kumagawa couldnīt any longer influence her. This is why he became so desinterested in her.

However, she lost this "advantage" of the Perses Mode now, so yeah...

I still hoping on a Medaka vs Shiranui fight.
The problem with him being a normal is that while he's managed to survive next to Medaka, he hasn't exactly proven a match for the abnormals. His fight against Munakata he won... but ONLY because Munakata was holding back. He would have been killed otherwise. He was destroyed by Medaka when they fought and when Kumagawa got serious, he was completely owned then, too. Zen as a normal has proven to be nothing more than a beating toy, which is why his fans (note, despite Rejuv's apathy towards him, he does have a lot of fans-- he's in second after all) would want to see him level up, so he can actually stand up to them. Right now, it seems like Maguro or Kujira, both non-fighters, could still destroy him.

As for him turning evil, I don't want that. However, I would like to see him break away from Medaka and the StuCo and actually think for himself for once instead of just following Medaka around like a puppy.

Tags
action, comedy, harem, nishio, romance, shounen, student council