Lummie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
I'll post some translation a nice Anon posted:
That saves me from doing it, thanks
Lummie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-16, 04:39   Link #4662
cronur

well from what i ve seen i think that zen donīt really fightback when medaka was hittin him, it apears that he only want to do things by the way of honor and truth(like the old samurais do), whith no lies nor misunderstanding nor acting, not like the way that medaka and aijimu do things, so is more probably that he didnīt put any resistence when medaka kick his ass

and medaka... medaka is becoming the embodiment of selfish, pride and greed

the way she thinks is selfish she says for the sake of others but in reallity is for herself, so she donīt be bored, so it can be more amusing, so it can enjoy the show, so it can have a really fun fight with someone who love her more than anyone else in the world, with the one who has been by her side suffering for her, and she did things the way she think is fine only for the sake of having a good fight.

i been thinking of her like someone very wicked, greed, selfcentred and selfish since the start of this series, but every ch has only reinforce those thoughs, by the way she thinks of change the world to fit his standarts and ideals based only in what she tough is right and good (it sound like a villan to me), when she canīt truly understand the people that is most close to her(even the laws need to be made based into empaty and understanding to be fair and equal, what could do a person who canīt really understand to other people? ), she is really is some wicked person, i cant see her like a hero, i see her like some kind of falle hero or a idiot hero (in can vary).

and what ajimu says about the battle of heroes, being the more heroic wins, it can be seen like the stronger the opponent the more difficult to overcome, and there is something more heroic than beat someone who's invincible?

finaly just think who has more merit? medaka defeating zen or zen defeating medaka?

ps sorry if my english is bad U-U
cronur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-16, 05:39   Link #4663
Westlo
Lets be reality

Spoiler for 118:

lol.... isn't it funny how so many insults thrown @ medaka in this thread just collapse when you actually know what happens? Oh well it is a tradition of this thread after all! omg Medaka is blushing @ this new guy! etc etc
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-16, 05:53   Link #4664
Soji

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Spoiler for 118:

lol.... isn't it funny how so many insults thrown @ medaka in this thread just collapse when you actually know what happens? Oh well it is a tradition of this thread after all! omg Medaka is blushing @ this new guy! etc etc
Spoiler for spoiler:
Soji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-16, 06:03   Link #4665
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soji View Post
Spoiler for spoiler:
Spoiler:
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-16, 06:13   Link #4666
Tenchi Hou Take

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soji View Post
Spoiler for spoiler:
Spoiler:
Tenchi Hou Take is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-16, 06:39   Link #4667
Soji

Westlo @
Spoiler for spoiler:

Tenchi Hou Take@
Spoiler for spoiler:
Soji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-16, 08:01   Link #4668
Last Carpet

OK...I don't get this.

Medaka beat Zen using a technique that makes her weaker than her opponent.

That I can understand (somewhat)

What I can't tell is what she thinks she's accomplishing.

Making him stronger so he'll be a better enemy?
But what'll that do?

Does she think she can reform him so he'll be a stronger ally?
Who's to say Zen will win or not, and what effect the victory or failure will have on him.

And even then, what'll happen after that?
She doesn't know he's joining the Flask Plan, and he's finally realized that Medaka never needed him around.

Whether he wins or loses, I don't think he'll go back to Medaka like everything was the same again.

This could go so many different ways.
Last Carpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-16, 08:21   Link #4669
Tenchi Hou Take

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Carpet View Post
OK...I don't get this.

Medaka beat Zen using a technique that makes her weaker than her opponent.

That I can understand (somewhat)

What I can't tell is what she thinks she's accomplishing.

Making him stronger so he'll be a better enemy?
But what'll that do?

Does she think she can reform him so he'll be a stronger ally?
Who's to say Zen will win or not, and what effect the victory or failure will have on him.

And even then, what'll happen after that?
She doesn't know he's joining the Flask Plan, and he's finally realized that Medaka never needed him around.

Whether he wins or loses, I don't think he'll go back to Medaka like everything was the same again.

Going back to Medaka like how it was before was never his intension nor do i think it was Medaka intension when she devised this plan. What Zens wants out of this is to become her equal both physically and also within general respect, and I think that's what Medaka wants also. She wants an equal and doesn't really care if they're her enemy or not. She probably prefers them to be her enemy since she enjoys fighting.

She most probably also realised this quite recently as the reason why she likes Zen. Since she see's him as someone who could one day accompany her at the lonely top.
Tenchi Hou Take is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-16, 08:33   Link #4670
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Carpet View Post
OK...I don't get this.

Frankly, I don't think Medaka is really thinking that far ahead in regards to the consequences of her actions.

Let's look at it this way.

The way Medaka acted clearly implied that she devised her 'Zenkichi Action Plan' when she was analysing and reformulating her 'assessment' of him back in 116.

Before Zen was even given the said offer.

I assume that Medaka is thinking it would all probably be fine and dandy just as it had always been. Beyond everything else, as much of a bitch Medaka can be at times, the fact is that she had always trusted Zenkichi. Zenkichi was the one person who would gladly give his life for her and she knows that for a fact.

The problem now is that Medaka is taking it for granted.

On the other hand, Zen is struggling with the disillusion that everything that he had sacrificed for Medaka his entire life... was something that Medaka could easily discard away in a mere few seconds after a 'recalculation of worth.'

Which is why this arc has merit if, and only if Zenkichi himself doesn't take what he would be going through for granted.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-16, 08:57   Link #4671
yuzen003

Zen can stomp hard enough to cause a small tremor powerfull enough to shake a building, he can continue to fight with with 5 weapons embedded in his back, and can run up the side of a building while carrying a person. He's ridiculously strong for a normal so being slightly weaker then that is still super human and considering Medaka has mastered any martial art she has ever tried (we know she has tried judo at the very least) she can do a lot of damage even if she is "weaker".

Medaka proves Anshin'in was right, she cares more for a fight then a peaceful day with loved ones. Medaka is coming off as a blood knight here because she's willing to turn allies into enemies because it will be more interesting. She probably has a deeper plan then just turning Zen into an enemy to enjoy the fight, but at the moment Medaka is not looking very admirable for beating the heck out of her oldest friend.
yuzen003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-16, 09:20   Link #4672
Kusa-San
I'll end it before April.

Medaka is scary and crazy. She doesn't care about Zen's feeling. She only thinks about herself. The whole "Zen is more interesting as an ennemy" is a proof of that. She deson't care if Zen is her freind or not. She only want him to be interesting for her. She doesn't know the menaing of the word : "Friendship". She is a godess.
Kusa-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-16, 09:49   Link #4673
Homura7

Hahahaha, same old Medaka, same old. Only doing things to her own benefit. Can't wait for the day where this is gonna backfire.

And call me crazy, but I would say the new introduced character is Zen's self from the future, who just happened to change his identity for the occasion. I think this because of what he says after introducing himself to Zenkichi.
Homura7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-16, 09:56   Link #4674
Grey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Falling View Post
Anyway, on Zen. I knew this already, but seems like this episode told us that Zenkichi being a lapdog was entirely his own fault?
When you put it that way, it's like the situation Akune just went through.

Which was a bit weird when I think of it. It's not like Akune changed obviously--he still follows Medaka like before. I guess it's meant to be a subtle change like "now Akune is willing to challenge Medaka" maybe.

Medaka did want Shiranui and then Kumagawa as VP--someone to oppose her. Now she approves of Zen challenging her, and Ajimu says she values facing enemies more than being with loved ones (not that we can take her word as gospel).... As a parody of shounen heroes, this is an interesting take.

For once, I'm a bit interested in Medaka's character. I wonder where Nisio will go with this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
I'll post some translation a nice Anon posted:

Spoiler for a:
Ho ho, oh man. That's definitely interesting. So Medaka wants to make Zenkichi into something like "The Rival" because he will grow more like that? And that bit about specialness...reminds me of her "she loves everyone" bit with Kumagawa. Reminds me of something Akiha said to Tohno Shiki too, IIRC.

Last edited by Grey; 2011-10-16 at 10:09.
Grey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-16, 10:11   Link #4675
0rphen21
^.^

m just hopping that her plans blows up in her face and realizes what she lost. really after all this rereading ch 70 and 71 just leaves a foul after taste in my mouth
Old 2011-10-16, 10:15   Link #4676
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Thinking about it, it's not surprising that Medaka wants Zen to be her enemy, especially since she is fond of him, by her own admission.

From Medaka's perspective, everyone around her is either afraid of her or puts her up on a pedestal and worships her. Even Zen who has known her for 13 years, puts her up on a pedestal like that. She likes her enemies because they don't do either of those things. Sad to say, her enemies accept her more than anyone else, that's why she tends to side with them.

Medaka is already fond of Zen, so she probably thinks that if he becomes her enemy, their relationship will improve, which is what Zenkichi thinks too. But it won't be that simple, since as has been said already, their relationship is unhealthy, not to mention Ajimu running around.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-16, 10:18   Link #4677
TsukiNyan

aa

well medaka isn't taking zen into consideration which pisses me off that she would treat him like dirt like that even if its her plan she doesn't know how zen feels about it being betrayed by his lover and all the student council themself didn't even try helping him the new guy said he was closer to the mc then zen himself so he might be important in the past well i hope zen will beat med up and doesn't go back to her well aujiumi does not want zen knowing about medeka's other father which i think is a factor in this that her other father is someone close to zen and something happened back then probably have the same father and such or something like that
TsukiNyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-16, 10:49   Link #4678
TheAlucid

Why is it that in regards to Medaka's and Zen's fight no one thinks that it was possible that Zen was holding back? Instead assuming that Medaka was far more skilled?

I mean we can already see how much effort it took just for him to just tell Medaka how she is wrong.
TheAlucid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-16, 10:54   Link #4679
0rphen21
^.^

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAlucid View Post
Why is it that in regards to Medaka's and Zen's fight no one thinks that it was possible that Zen was holding back? Instead assuming that Medaka was far more skilled?

I mean we can already see how much effort it took just for him to just tell Medaka how she is wrong.
also did her new mode take into account his psychological state at the time?
Old 2011-10-16, 11:01   Link #4680
Kusa-San
I'll end it before April.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAlucid View Post
I think that too. Zen was not ready at all. I'm pretty sure he didn't fight back.
Kusa-San is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, comedy, harem, nishio, romance, shounen, student council