AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2009-09-02, 18:49   Link #661
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
And I personally want to see a serious Akune killed. By that bicycle. Slowly. And painfully.
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-02, 19:37   Link #662
Dark Mage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
And I personally want to see a serious Akune killed. By that bicycle. Slowly. And painfully.
LOL agreed. That useless bishi needs to die just like you said
Old 2009-09-02, 19:41   Link #663
KLGChaos
The Shermain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Mage View Post
LOL agreed. That useless bishi needs to die just like you said
I don't think I've met a character more hated on sight in a manga than Akune. :P
KLGChaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-02, 19:58   Link #664
Dark Mage

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLGChaos View Post
I don't think I've met a character more hated on sight in a manga than Akune. :P
You got that right On the MangaFox character popularity poll, Akune didn't get a single vote lol
Old 2009-09-02, 20:10   Link #665
ultramojones
Pfjaklsq of Greatness

What about that 10 year old kid? People started crapping on him when he showed up on one page in chapter 15
ultramojones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-02, 20:17   Link #666
Dark Mage

But the kid got back into the good books when he made that tits talk with Medaka
Old 2009-09-02, 20:17   Link #667
Kurosu
KORA!!
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Kurosu
I believe the next chapter will either be the saving grace for the series, for all that it's worth, or a trainwreck.
Kurosu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-02, 20:38   Link #668
KLGChaos
The Shermain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurosu View Post
I believe the next chapter will either be the saving grace for the series, for all that it's worth, or a trainwreck.
I don't think the chapter will make or break things, but the entire arc itself. I say this mostly because the next chapter will be about the fights. It'll probably be predictable with Medaka making some speech about believing in them, but it'll all depend on how the arc ends. I'd Medaka keeps up the lovey-dovey stuff with the kid and somehow converts him, that's when the trainwreck will happen because it'll be the same exact thing over again.

Last edited by KLGChaos; 2009-09-02 at 21:47.
KLGChaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-02, 22:16   Link #669
Kurosu
KORA!!
*Scanlator

Quote:
I don't think the chapter will make or break things, but the entire arc itself. I say this mostly because the next chapter will be about the fights. It'll probably be predictable with Medaka making some speech about believing in them, but it'll all depend on how the arc ends. I'd Medaka keeps up the lovey-dovey stuff with the kid and somehow converts him, that's when the trainwreck will happen because it'll be the same exact thing over again.
Or it may not be, I'm just pinpointing that the possibility for something unpredictable is higher than before as this is a development unseen before in the series. Because of that fact, seeing how it is treated may prove to set the trend from now on, or not. The author has created a situation where the story can break free from the previous treatment of slightly similar situations as the tone is overall different. Of course, you're right, they might just focus on the fights next chapter, so the arc has more power over what will happen.
Old 2009-09-02, 22:32   Link #670
Jourdal

Quote:
Normally i don't mind bishies..hell i read prince of tennis ffs...but Akune totally rubbed me the wrong way. He's so damn insecure Zen may be a scrub but at least he has some individuality to him.
Jourdal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-02, 22:40   Link #671
Dark Mage

Alright I will admit that I normally dislike bishies so I maybe a bit biased but Akune isn't just a bishi, he is also a narcissist
Old 2009-09-02, 22:55   Link #672
Jourdal

Thats the thing..look at my avy...Atobe Keigo is on of the biggest narcissists in anime history yet he's my favorite PoT character.
Jourdal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-03, 01:16   Link #673
Darknemo2000

Atobe Keigo has a character that narcissist bishie cannot fully describe. Akune fills the term narcissist bishie perfectly and does not seem to be something else at all. He, like most of medaka characters, has no depth or character development at all.
Old 2009-09-04, 07:36   Link #674
Kurosu
KORA!!
*Scanlator

Here are some spoilers:

It shouldn't be too hard to figure out what'll happen now. >.>
Old 2009-09-04, 07:46   Link #675
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
So she beat... all of them?

This is just great, one super strong heroine and everyone else is worthless. Who's Zen again?
Mizuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-04, 07:53   Link #676
AKnightWhoSaysNi!
Bring me a shrubbery!

Well, least she sure doesn't take any nonsense from 10 year old psychopaths...
AKnightWhoSaysNi! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-04, 07:56   Link #677
surerman
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to surerman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizuno View Post
So she beat... all of them?

This is just great, one super strong heroine and everyone else is worthless. Who's Zen again?
Side kick dog

this is it! I dropped this series, *press shift+del* Good bye lame manga, hope you get cut soon
surerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-04, 08:37   Link #678
Darknemo2000

So all of those who said that it is a perfect chance to show Medaka in trouble (either over Zen being hurt or having an equal to stand up against her) were completely wrong?

Seems like she owned everyone completely by herself. That's a little pathetic, no?
Old 2009-09-04, 08:42   Link #679
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
So all of those who said that it is a perfect chance to show Medaka in trouble (either over Zen being hurt or having an equal to stand up against her) were completely wrong?
I don't even think we'll ever see Medaka in trouble. That would go against her character, especially regarding the direction it's been in since the beginning.
Old 2009-09-04, 08:44   Link #680
Dark Mage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurosu View Post
Here are some spoilers:

It shouldn't be too hard to figure out what'll happen now. >.>
Super Medaka on the rescue. LOL what a load of crap. We were thinking its a make or break arc and once again its Medaka, Medaka AND Medaka. This just goes to show how little she trusts the other council members and finally showed us that the author doesn't want to develop the other characters at all and confirmed that Zenkichi is worse than a side-character. What BS no interaction between characters, no insight into Medaka's character, no delving into her past or her friendship with Zen, its all about her various strength chapter after chapter and the other members are just there for the ride. Its like the author doesn't even want to rescue his position in the rankings. I didn't want to say this but I think its high time Medaka box is cancelled and a better manga takes its place. I only hope the japanese think te same way as I do and contribute in once again keepin Medaka Box low in the rankings.

Tags
action, comedy, harem, nishio, romance, shounen, student council