AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-08-25, 04:53   Link #21
John D.

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
2 Years is way too long, and honestly I can't help but feel this is just an excuse to make Nami's breasts even larger (j/k ).
^I was quite surprised to be honest, I was expecting everything between 16 days to 5-6 months or something...

Quote:
Joking aside, anyone else think that Mihawk will be taken down by someone else now?
Apart from the 2D3Y thing, Zoro really surprised me this chapter but at least Mihawk told him he was pathetic and had let go of his pride for someone else. That said, I got the same feeling; Zoro defeating Mihawk won't have the same epic feel to it now that Mihawk will be training Zoro for two years...
Old 2010-08-25, 05:15   Link #22
Homura7

So it's confirmed Mantra is a type of Haki, right?
Old 2010-08-25, 05:18   Link #23
Kallen4life

yeah, so Enel wasn't totally useless xD

also to note - his DF amplified his man .. HAKI .. interesting
Old 2010-08-25, 05:24   Link #24
andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Actually, I think there's a benefit to this. See, rather then having the Straw-Hats sail out right when the world is smack-dab in the middle of transitioning to a new pirate age, they'll literally AND figuratively be sailing out to a new world in two years' time, once all of the chaos has settled down somewhat. Think about it: By this time, we'll have a new marine fleet admiral. Buggy and various other pirates (most likely supernovas) will have probably have become Shichibukai. Blackbeard may have become the next emperor by this time. Maybe Drake will turn out to have joined Kaidou's crew or something. It will all come as a big shock to the Straw-Hats (and more importantly, US) to learn what events transpired in the world while they were busy training. To me, that's more interesting storytelling than simply having them continue their adventure while the world is in the middle of reconstructing itself.....

Well it should not come to a shock for the SH since they still got the news but when see OP again i expect just 2 or 3 chapters showing us what happen to the OP world
Old 2010-08-25, 05:31   Link #25
Homura7

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
Actually I think the message is kind of retarded: What if the reporters didn't get a good photo of Luffys tattoo, or decided to not print a picture at all? The whole attack would have been in vain. I thought Rayleigh was more intelligent than this.
Yeah, sure, but now your bitching about Coby gaining Haki can go to hell, take a look at this:

Quote:
Rayleigh: Listen Luffy... Haki is a power found in every human being in this world....
"presence", "will", "intimidation".... it's no different from those common human senses.
.... however, majority of humans don't notice the power in them...
Old 2010-08-25, 06:30   Link #26
seiji_kun

2 years seems excessive for a crew who hasn't been together for even a year and grew so much during it. Though kind of was prepared for it if the tattoo theory was right. All in all I'm still glad that the timeskip that Oda ended up doing is still quite the small one. I'll look forward to seeing the small alterations to the designs of the strawhats but am happy that with a 2 year skip the designs that I grew so fondly of will not have drastic changes. Maybe a Sanji with long hair or some facial hair? Will Usopp really drastically buff up? And like James pointed out, how big will Nami her boobs turn out? Or will Luffy have grown a bit taller?

A 2 year timeskip will make things interesting to. Things will have calmed down back a bit and then the so infamous strawhats that everybody is wondering of where they are will suddenly come out of nothing again causing a storm again giving a "they're back" feeling. And guess we'll have to wait for the bounty increase till then and till the whole crew takes out a new heavyweight at Fishman Island?

To bad he didn't wait 2 chapters still, cause 600 would've made a nice number to start part 2 though guess he can still use that number to have the reunion. 598, end of Luffy's training which I expect to finish a few months before the 2 year mark which will give him some time to relax at Amazon Lily and have a proper farewell. Then 2-3 other strawhats and 599 the rest and 600 could have the reunion. Well I do hope he spoils us with 598 and make it a 50+ page chapter like every starting series gets but that'll probably just end up in wishfull thinking.
Old 2010-08-25, 06:39   Link #27
cloak_and_dagger
Hei aka Li Xiansheng
*Graphic Designer

I can't wait to see what the revamped SH crew will look like. Nami with longer hair'd be nice. Or Usopp with dreadlocks !
Meh, I shouldn't worry, Oda's great with character design anyway.

I was disappointed with Zoro's request, but under Mihawk man is he gonna become a freakin' monster when he comes back. I'm happy though; this way the power balance between Luffy and him will be the same as before.

Quote:
, and honestly I can't help but feel this is just an excuse to make Nami's breasts even larger (j/k ).
I was depressed until I read this

Quote:
Joking aside, anyone else think that Mihawk will be taken down by someone else now?
It's very possible. I personally would find it interesting if it happened, as it would further signify the old age being toppled by the new and an opportunity to give Zoro another rival/introduce another prominent swordsman.

Quote:
2 Years is way too long
Sanji is gonna kill Luffy.

Last edited by cloak_and_dagger; 2010-08-25 at 06:52.
Old 2010-08-25, 06:53   Link #28
MihawkXGP
Master of The Sword

Quote:
It's very possible. I personally would find it interesting if it happened, as it would further signify the old age being toppled by the new and an opportunity to give Zoro another rival/introduce another prominent swordsman.
I doubt it. Hawkeyes is only gonna hlep him a little. He is the master, and the scary thing about him is, we've not even seen him get serious in battle yet.

I'\m sure there are plenty of people out there with badass sword skills in the New World. The vice-admirals seem to be highly proficient in their swordskills, plenty of other pirates too. Shiryu is no doubt gonna be a future oppenent for Zoro, and after him the world's greatest is waiting for him.

Jeez. 2 years seems like a long time for a time skip. A year woulda been sufficient training time.

I dunno about this idea of Rayleigh & hawkeyes trainin Zoro & Luffy. It doesn't seem right.

Love the cover picture of Roger & Whitebeard, that is just awesome. Also, shows Roger was pretty huge in size as well.
Old 2010-08-25, 07:07   Link #29
Homura7

Quote:
Originally Posted by MihawkXGP View Post
I dunno about this idea of Rayleigh & hawkeyes trainin Zoro & Luffy. It doesn't seem right.
One is the strongest swordsman in the world, the other is a master of Haki. Fits very well for Luffy and Zoro's interests. Besides, in these 2 years they will teach them the basics only.
Old 2010-08-25, 07:30   Link #30
John D.

Quote:
Originally Posted by _kurusu_ View Post
One is the strongest swordsman in the world, the other is a master of Haki. Fits very well for Luffy and Zoro's interests. Besides, in these 2 years they will teach them the basics only.
Rayleigh and Mihawk are certainly well equipped for training Luffy and Zoro. But if Mihawk stays as Zoro's ultimate goal, I feel receiving training from Mihawk would belittle Zoro's achievement when he finally fulfill his promise to surpass Mihawk.

Quote:
Love the cover picture of Roger & Whitebeard, that is just awesome. Also, shows Roger was pretty huge in size as well.
^Or Whitebeard was a late bloomer, because Roger was never implied as 22-23 feets tall (Whitebeard at the war was at least 5-6 times as big as Luffy) in his other appearances.

But the cover page was cool, I really like the fierce grin Roger always is shown with.
Old 2010-08-25, 07:47   Link #31
Munty192
Life is a Game...

i don't know y we are complaining about a 2year long time skip, we need to stop thinking small scale and look at the big picture, how lame would it seem if everyone gotten stronger over night, quiet frankly 1 year isn't enough training time......

also i would like to point out the fact that maybe there is more character to be introduce into one piece more improtant key characters that a large enough time skip can introduce them all at once without any confusion, also i don't think i want to c how my boy BB raise to become the new Yonkou (which he will) i am just satisfy with knowing he attain that title and Aokiji promotion to fleet admiral, come on do we really need to read through all that.........

and also may i remind u that the world government is after Luffy especially Akainu who we all saw him considered luffy 2 dangerous for the future and tried to KILL him, yea they need alot of time to let the world atleast think the strawhat pirates r no more.......

as to the whole month with no update yes i know it sucks but i can understand with a month break we the reader would also feel the duration of the time skip,but hey thats just my opinion...........!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 2010-08-25, 08:23   Link #32
tarachi
Observer

Well this seems changes Zorro from surpassing Mihawk as an opponent into surpassing Mihawk as his master.
Old 2010-08-25, 08:34   Link #33
Homura7

2 years... In this whole month of absence, think about how many things are going to change in the vast world.

-Luffy and the Strawhat crew: new look, new skills, stronger...
-The World Government: What kind of decissions will they take? Who will be the next Fleet Admiral, and who'll be his replacement? Will Smoker be transferred to The New World?
-The Shichibukai: Who'll fill the gap? And what'll be of the rest?
-The Supernovas: How many will survive, how many will die? What will happen with Bonney? What's gonna happen in Shabondy?
-The Revolutionaries: Will they unleash a havock?
-Around the world: Will Jimbei be able to guard his island now Whitebeard is dead? What will be of Blackbeard and his crew, will they do something big?
-The Yonkou: Shanks, Kaidou, Big Mom... What will be their next move?

And so many more things I'm not gonna write, otherwirse I would never finish...
Old 2010-08-25, 08:41   Link #34
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munty192 View Post
i don't know y we are complaining about a 2year long time skip, we need to stop thinking small scale and look at the big picture, how lame would it seem if everyone gotten stronger over night, quiet frankly 1 year isn't enough training time......
I with you on this, I don't get why everyone thinks 2 years is too long, to me it seems a perfectly good and realistic time for the SH to train(yes I know "realistic" doesn't belong in the OP world but it can be applied to certain aspects)
I don't mind training arcs but I don't find time chambers, 2 weeks or 2 months a reasonable time to learn new earth smashing techs, especially when it ends up turning out the new super power is the characters "new special trump card power"

There is one thing I'm very much looking forward to is how the SH and many other characters will look like after 2 years
And yea one of the ones that top that list is my Nami-swan!
Old 2010-08-25, 08:44   Link #35
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

This was one part where I feel that Oda did mess up a little bit. 2 years is a pretty long time, considering the crew has been together for less than half of that. I personally had hoped long ago that the entire 1st half of Grand Line journey should had been a travel that took place over the course of decent 1+ years or 2 in the first place. After all, Zeff who traveled in Grand Line for a year considered his time there to be extremely short, too short to come close to finding All Blue.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by John D. View Post
^Or Whitebeard was a late bloomer, because Roger was never implied as 22-23 feets tall (Whitebeard at the war was at least 5-6 times as big as Luffy) in his other appearances.

But the cover page was cool, I really like the fierce grin Roger always is shown with.
Nah, it's just perspective. Look at the cover page again, we can see that Whitebeard's pic showed only to about his knees, when Roger's picture showed almost an entire leg.

Roger was standing on a small ladder for that pose shot with White Beard.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Old 2010-08-25, 08:45   Link #36
Hisoka??
Ultra noob

I mourn the death of zorro's ambition. As noted by Mihawk, he has just chosen to mere fodder/ supporting cast and put his ambition under luffy's. For a man with ability, talent and such great initial goals, that's quite sad (I don't see how the ambition of helping another person to be a king can be compared to the ambition of being the best.

It also means he has effectively given up the promise to his dead (might have been) girlfriend.

Btw for those who were complaining about how the last few chapters have just been short panels of disparate scenes showing what each member was doing, it's likely the next few chapters at least after the break will be the same. In fact it's likely to be more otherwise he won't be able to show how much has happened within the 2 year break. personally I don't mind, but just to get people mentally prepared; or to start worrying
Well, unless he somehow adds in a short summary page full of words.
Old 2010-08-25, 08:50   Link #37
Homura7

So true. Anyone can notice that, after witnessing how Luffy's unbreakable will and strenght were mercilessly crushed at Shabondy, Impel Down and Marineford. Hell, when I read some comments saying a month would be enough for the crew to survive The New World it makes me vomit.

Whoever says 1 year or less would be enough for Luffy and co to overcome any obstacle is delusional and lacks reading comprension, that's all.

As much as some of you complain, Oda did very good establyshing a 2 year timeskip.

And, o yeah, Nami, I'm looking forward to see your "change"

Last edited by Homura7; 2010-08-25 at 09:02.
Old 2010-08-25, 08:58   Link #38
Hisoka??
Ultra noob

^ agreed, but I'll say 1 year might be reasonable to just learn the basics then meet and grow together again.
Mastering the new skills of course is another issue. But hey, at least it's not the 16 years I was suggesting. That would have been realistic for them to master the skills and still be at the age where their powers are at the peak =D
Old 2010-08-25, 09:02   Link #39
Homura7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hisoka?? View Post
^ agreed, but I'll say 1 year might be reasonable to just learn the basics then meet and grow together again. Mastering the new skills of course is another issue.
Actually, it was Rayleigh who suggested Luffy to wait 2 years, the amount of time he needs to teach him the basics.

None in the crew will master something instantly after the timeskip, not in a work with such excellent writing. However, it will be the necessary to survive the first half of The New World.

Quote:
But hey, at least it's not the 16 years I was suggesting. That would have been realistic for them to master the skills and still be at the age where their powers are at the peak =D
Oh, the 16 rings was just a distraction, so everyone except the Strawhat crew would fall on that.
Old 2010-08-25, 09:11   Link #40
Rurik
Golden

Well thank god the Mantra/Haki relation was at last established, I remember about a year ago how we were debating if Mantras was or not Haki, an if the Gorgon sister were using the same thing against Luffy, it seems that is true.

Marvelb, I was doing some research, and I think you were the first one to say about it in the forum.

Either way, now that we have that out of the way, I have an interesting question, do you think after the 2 year timeskip happens, Luffy is going to be reintroduced Married to Boa and with a newborn child? Not that Im making any cross-reference to any other Manga Series…