AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-04-16, 11:06   Link #381
Pocari_Sweat
<em style="color:#808080;">Disabled By Request</em>

Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
And what....is this thread trying to rival the Accel World one in becoming the trollbait thread of Spring?

You don't like, go away and don't watch....simple as that, don't try to stop them when it's their loss and won't hurt the anime's performance any....
No.

This is a discussion forum. They are for praising as well as criticizing. This whole "don't post if you don't like it" thinking is dumb because if you take out the critics, you're just left with overwhelming positive comments that do nothing but mindlessly repeat how good something was without critical analysis - echo chamber effect e.g. "OMG HOW GOOD WAS X" or "HNNNNG" comments

As for Accel World, if it makes you feel any better, despite being an obvious otaku wish fulfilment type show (hot girl wanting to get with a fatty for whatever reason), the virtual-reality premise imposed is -relatively- original, execution/direction is rock solid and the production values are high, so I have no problems with. In fact, I'm enjoying it. I also heard the same author for the LN wrote Sword Art Online, so I'm interested in that. Don't assume everything is gonna get trolled... "good" series will get praised - credit will be rewarded where its due.
Pocari_Sweat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-16, 11:15   Link #382
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Am I refering to AW with regards to you? You have seen the state of the AW thread yes? If it's not you then it isn't you... I can list plenty of areas in which AW trumps SAO but anyway this is not the thread for that

The same could be said for people who mindlessly criticize over and over. That's not really "discussion" so anyone who wishes to do that should just say their piece and leave instead of repeating the same thing over and over
Old 2012-04-16, 11:15   Link #383
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemiSoda View Post
critical analysis
Critical analysis? After one, maybe two episodes? You rail on constant positive commenting as a mindless echo chamber, but you're perfectly willing to condemn a show you've barely scratched the surface of? That's not critical analysis, that's personal bias.

And hey, there's nothing wrong with that. It's called an opinion, and you're entitled to it. Just don't pretend it's anything more than that.
Old 2012-04-16, 11:35   Link #384
Pocari_Sweat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solace View Post
Critical analysis? After one, maybe two episodes? You rail on constant positive commenting as a mindless echo chamber, but you're perfectly willing to condemn a show you've barely scratched the surface of? That's not critical analysis, that's personal bias.

And hey, there's nothing wrong with that. It's called an opinion, and you're entitled to it. Just don't pretend it's anything more than that.
If you're gonna quote... please quote the whole thing and not nitpick and spin something into to suit your own meaning and to something I didn't say...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demisoda
... This whole "don't post if you don't like it" thinking is dumb because if you take out the critics, you're just left with overwhelming positive comments that do nothing but mindlessly repeat how good something was without critical analysis - echo chamber effect ... [/B]
I'm referring to people that were posting to the meaning of "This show is good, haters can go away" like Cosmic's post, which is just mindless echo chamber that adds nothing to the conversation bar an implied personal attack on a subset of viewers (people who don't like this series). Solace your's too tbh... that was totally uncalled for. You're free to like the show and I won't criticize you for it, but don't tell me I'm biased. Biased to what? I mean heck, wouldn't the original source material readers be more biased since they know what will happen (and how good or bad it will be). I'm coming here blind as an only anime-watcher.

When I criticise a show, I criticise the show, I never ever attack the people behind it. Never did I say oh this type of show is for those "slapstick comedy, moe-loving morons" or anything along the lines. I gave my reasons for why I dilsiked the show, the main ones being bad direction and disjarring tone between slapstick/moe comedy on one hand, an attempt to be a mystery on the other (which btw the mystery element I thought was poor as well). Sufficiently critical or not, at least I gave reasons, unlike those defensive peeps who tell me to "gtfo" for a lack of a better word.

Last edited by Pocari_Sweat; 2012-04-16 at 11:46.
Old 2012-04-16, 11:36   Link #385
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Alright kids...let's all calm down and have some tea, shall we?
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-16, 11:48   Link #386
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I was under the impression Teiichi could interact with Yuuko because he had supernatural powers (I blame that dumb blonde girl for that), but it turns out anybody can see Yuuko as long as they are open-minded enough about the supernatural. That explains why Kirie can see her too.
Well, I agree that Teiichi is normal in the whole sense of the word, but if you do put attention he has bended the "rules for Yuuko" a few times already (you can even see it in the current episode, as when he had visions of Yuuko's last moments; something that Yuuko herself isn't aware of. There is some implication that these aren't just hallucinations and this is not something that Yuuko can do).

More than he being special, I wonder if he is related to Yuuko more than he is aware of, like Kirie is, who is family. Perhaps he is the descendant of someone who knew her pretty well?

Speaking of the episode, Hara's voice range is much broader than I would have originally thought of.
Old 2012-04-16, 11:49   Link #387
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemiSoda View Post
No.

This is a discussion forum. They are for praising as well as criticizing. This whole "don't post if you don't like it" thinking is dumb because if you take out the critics, you're just left with overwhelming positive comments that do nothing but mindlessly repeat how good something was without critical analysis - echo chamber effect e.g. "OMG HOW GOOD WAS X" or "HNNNNG" comments
You're right this is a discussion forum and people have the right to there opinions on shows but looking over the last few pages of posts it's clear you don't like the show and how it's going, you said you were dropping it, which is your opinion and no one is stopping you for posting in this thread. But you still are. Restating over and over how you hate the show isnt discussion and adds nothing to the current conversation. As stated above if you dont like it, stop watching it. No one is making you watch this anime or visit this thread.

As for epi 2 I liked it. For some reason I like the mix of mystery and comedy. The "ghostbusting" at the end made me laugh, with the shots of Yuuko in her shrine outfit being inserted during Teiichi's "exorcism". Looking forward to finding out how the other short haired girl joins the group.
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-16, 11:52   Link #388
Random Wanderer

Quote:
When I criticise a show, I criticise the show, I never ever attack the people behind it. Never did I say oh this type of show is for those "slapstick comedy, moe-loving morons" or anything along the lines. I gave my reasons for why I dilsiked the show, the main ones being bad direction and disjarring tone between slapstick/moe comedy on one hand, an attempt to be a mystery on the other (which btw the mystery element I thought was poor as well). Sufficiently critical or not, at least I gave reasons, unlike those defensive peeps who tell me to "gtfo" for a lack of a better word.
Yet, where you see bad direction and a disjarring tone, others do not. You are free to have your opinion, and you are free to state your opinion. But you have done so, and you said you were leaving. Yet here we find you, still here, attempting to make other people dislike the show as much as you do. We find that impolite. So yes, we are asking you to leave, because you said you were doing so, and because it is one thing to repect your right to your opinion and quite another to stand here while you try to ruin everyone else's ability to enjoy the series as well. You do not like it. That's fine. We do. That is also fine. You have no more right to insult our opinions or try to force us to change them than we have to do the same to yours.
Random Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-16, 11:58   Link #389
ookamigirl

So this is how Teiichi met Yuuko..
A ghost with amnesia is a rare thing indeed LOL
A secret room behind the mirror and her bones..
So she really did die at the school and is hanging around Teiichi.
Still don't get how he can touch her since no one else can even see her.
Paranormal club's first case... ROFL

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-16, 11:59   Link #390
Pocari_Sweat

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Manju Bun View Post
You're right this is a discussion forum and people have the right to there opinions on shows but looking over the last few pages of posts it's clear you don't like the show and how it's going, you said you were dropping it, which is your opinion and no one is stopping you for posting in this thread. But you still are. Restating over and over how you hate the show isnt discussion and adds nothing to the current conversation. As stated above if you dont like it, stop watching it. No one is making you watch this anime or visit this thread.
Don't worry, I intend to drop this series since I dislike it. However, I feel inclined to defend myself and my arguments whenever someone tries to refute them. Most of the time, it's great and I enjoy the debates, but I get mighty pee'd off when the argument is just "If you don't like the show, don't post". Can you imagine one of the more popular series having that kinda attitude? Imagine Fate/Zero, Hyou-ka (when it airs) or Nisemonogatari from last season using that principle.

As for the "ranting on how much I hate this show", I made one post stating my dislike it for it, and one post refusing a person's comment that I should wait until they animate ch13 of the manga... which seems like a pretty awful long time. The other two posts were related to implied personal attacks on me, which I defended.

Unless, people decide to personally attack me further, I will leave everyone with their enjoyment of this series. Peace.

EDIT:
Quote:
Yet here we find you, still here, attempting to make other people dislike the show as much as you do.
Not my intention, though if you thought I was doing then you are mistaken.

Quote:
We find that impolite. So yes, we are asking you to leave, because you said you were doing so, and because it is one thing to repect your right to your opinion and quite another to stand here while you try to ruin everyone else's ability to enjoy the series as well.
Same as above, although the way people have been telling me to "get out" because I'm not liking it and saying not so good things about it, is equally if not more rude.

Quote:
You do not like it. That's fine. We do. That is also fine.
Of course. I will never condemn another person's opinion.

Quote:
You have no more right to insult our opinions or try to force us to change them than we have to do the same to yours.
Never insulted opinions... only the series in question. And as you are not trying to change my opinion on it, I am not trying to force you to change yours.

Last edited by Pocari_Sweat; 2012-04-16 at 12:12.
Old 2012-04-16, 14:26   Link #391
TurkeyPotPie
fushigi ojisan

As someone with no knowledge of this series, I enjoyed the first two episodes. I thought the first episode was a pretty good hook for the series (got me interested anyway) so maybe they presented it first to try to snag some viewers not familiar with the source material.
TurkeyPotPie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-16, 15:10   Link #392
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solace View Post
It's not quite open mindedness. The analogy to hypnosis is more accurate, in that Yuuko's appearance, or more accurately her influence on the environment, causes people to see or not see what they subconsciously think is around them. There's also the question of "if people see what they want to see, what exactly does Yuuko look like?"
My understanding is that those who believe in the supernatural/in her will be able to see her, and that among those, those who are scared of her will see her as a monster (i.e, what they fear she looks like) whereas the others (like Teiichi and Kirie) will see the one and only real Yuuko. Basically, I think only fear affects her appearance, so Yuuko truly looks like the Yuuko we know.
Old 2012-04-16, 15:31   Link #393
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
My understanding is that those who believe in the supernatural/in her will be able to see her, and that among those, those who are scared of her will see her as a monster (i.e, what they fear she looks like) whereas the others (like Teiichi and Kirie) will see the one and only real Yuuko. Basically, I think only fear affects her appearance, so Yuuko truly looks like the Yuuko we know.
People will see what they want to see and if they want to see a scary ghost, they will see Yuuko as a scary ghost.

Luckily for us, our hero doesn't. Still haven't figured how these kids are in middle school. I think that was Maybe's only mistake. They look and act like high schoolers.
Old 2012-04-16, 15:36   Link #394
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

They're middle schoolers?!?! Lol, never would've guessed...

Anyway I'm enjoying this series. It's not amazing or anything but it it is good. It probably helps that I didn't have any expectations going into this, but I'm really liking Troll-ko.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-16, 16:32   Link #395
Elestia

Made these freebies to commemorate how much I adore Yuuko and her playful teasing.

Last edited by Elestia; 2012-04-16 at 16:53.
Elestia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-16, 16:52   Link #396
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
This episode was okay, but I'm not as impressed as I thought I would be before this series aired. For me, this is one double-edged sword about wanting an adaptation from already-read source material; if it doesn't turn out exactly as an animated version of as said source material, I tend to be disappointed by it. This esp affected me because my impressions were heightened even more by the drama cd. Above all else, I see the series as being the relationship between Niiya and Yuuko. Last ep, I commented that it was wrong to start off with all the chars because it gave the 'wrong' impression of what this series is about. After this ep, I see that they're playing more into the comedy aspects of the series, which isn't bad, but I can't say that I favor. Not to mention that it feels like they made Niiya less straightforward than his manga counterpart, and he seems to get frazzled easily.

frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-16, 17:15   Link #397
0utf0xZer0
Pretentious moe scholar

Episode 2 was mostly solid but not as good as I was anticipating from the first.

The second half was great... for some reason, I really like the gag about how differently Teichii and Momoe perceive Yuuko.
First half... was okay, but the meeting between the two of them didn't have the sort of "gravity" I would have liked. A ghost meeting the only boy who can touch her should be really moving for both parties involved, and I just didn't feel that like I felt the intimacy between the two of them in episode one. I know they're still early on in their relationship, but the romantic in me was underwhelmed. I also think that Teichi's embarassed reactions should have been toned down a bit. Those sorts of gag reactions work well in scenes like those in the second half where the comedy is a little more rapid fire, but they don't work for the more intimate scenes like we got in the first half.

One of my friends who attended my spring 2012 anime kickoff screening on Saturday said he thought this had the most interesting potential of the "Spring of the Dead" trio. I'm inclined to agree and hope it can live up to my expectations.

Edit:
Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
Above all else, I see the series as being the relationship between Niiya and Yuuko.
If that's your take on the source material, then I just gained a little burst of confidence that I'm going to like where this show is headed (assuming they're relatively faithful to that). The relationship between those two was one of my favourite things about the first episode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
Not to mention that it feels like they made Niiya less straightforward than his manga counterpart, and he seems to get frazzled easily.
Speaking as a non-manga reader, getting frazzled easily was my biggest issue with his characterization in the first half of this episode.

Signature courtesy of Ganbaru.
0utf0xZer0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-16, 17:17   Link #398
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

I, for one, would be pretty frazzled too if I could touch a hawt lil ghost girl, and when we touch, I get flashes of memories that she's forgotten...
Old 2012-04-16, 18:30   Link #399
Cadallin

Episode 2 was an improvement, in my eyes.

Sorry folks, the comedy antics are straight from the source material. Some of us love it.

Spoiler for Speculation about the Ending, for readers of the manga:
Cadallin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-16, 19:10   Link #400
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Ep2 was hilarious as shit. Good lord, I love Yuuko. I can't get enough oh Yumi Hara's hime-sama-like voice. :3
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
horror, romance, shounen, slice-of-unlife, supernatural