AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Valvrave the Liberator

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-10-12, 13:20   Link #141
Destined_Fate

Haruto doesn't really know of L-Elf's suffering all that much or why he's the way he is. He most likely thinks L-Elf can simply take it and that his hands are already bloody enough that he doesn't count as an innocent. If he gets L-Elf memories from the biting than he may change his thoughts on it when he realizes that L-Elf was forced to be the way he is and that he's still human.

Though if they want to be dramatic than can have him ignore a weakened L-Elf until they need him most and Haruto realizing how messed up the constant feeding is in a short time period on one person. Or they can have Haruto get doubts when he sees Shoko showing concern for a tired and weak L-Elf upon their return.
Old 2013-10-12, 13:46   Link #142
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

Well, remember the magazine that confirmed that L-Elf would get a shitload of character development this season & that we'll see him in a new light.

This is what they we're talking about, Haruto will be the catalyst between L-Elf & his memories/emotions & past. Haruto would reveal things that L-Elf himself would never say & then help him overcome them. With this "bromance," we'll have E-Elf learning to trust people/learn to make 'true' friends [i.e. friends that do not apply to his profit & gain principles]/learn to express his emotions & not keep them to himself/& most of all, learn to love [i.e. not only in a romantic way, but also a platonic way].

If that's the case, L-Elf may end up being the best developed & explored character by the time VVV ends.

NB: Sometimes, I really feel like L-Elf is the MC & Haruto is his wingman...
"When there is evil in this world that justice cannot defeat, would you taint your hands with evil to defeat evil? Or would you remain steadfast and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?" - Lelouch vi Britannia as Zero.
Old 2013-10-12, 14:02   Link #143
Destined_Fate

Eh, he's already getting there. Haruto will just be the push that gets him to admit that they're friends and hopefully this will help L-Elf see the rest of the cast better as well as sort out the conflicted feelings he has for Shoko and the Princess.

L-Elf may even start to smile more on his off time.
Old 2013-10-12, 17:56   Link #144
Fjoergyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
Eh, he's already getting there. Haruto will just be the push that gets him to admit that they're friends and hopefully this will help L-Elf see the rest of the cast better as well as sort out the conflicted feelings he has for Shoko and the Princess.

L-Elf may even start to smile more on his off time.

I like that they got to be good friends but do not rule out that this relationship will bring conflicts later and I do not mean romantic level, but to a possible return of L-11 to Dorssia. Also podrimos shuffle a possible betrayal of one of them or bad decisions that lead to unnecessary deaths.
Old 2013-10-12, 18:02   Link #145
Destined_Fate

L-Elf returning there officially? Doubt so. If anything he'll infiltrate it. Either to save the Princess, get more info, or the such.
Old 2013-10-12, 18:08   Link #146
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Quote:
L-Elf returning there officially? Doubt so. If anything he'll infiltrate it. Either to save the Princess, get more info, or the such.
Wouldn't they be on the lookout for L-Elf, you know, being a traitor and all that? Unless Cain is still keeping that hush-hush.
Old 2013-10-12, 18:12   Link #147
Irenesharda

Quote:
I don't know, I think he will eventually. He's been doing all of this to bring revolution to Dorssia. Even if he's partially doing it for the Lieselotte, from the way he speaks, he too cares for his country. He just doesn't like the direction its going in.

Unfortunately, all that "revolution of Dorssia" stuff, has taken a large backseat to the Magius plotline hasn't it? Suddenly the three nations seem so small next to the council of alien space vampires.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2013-10-12, 18:20   Link #148
Destined_Fate

L-Elf's betrayal most likely wasn't made public knowledge. Having their best student defect? I would want to keep that on the down low too.

-

That's before he knew about the Magius. Furthermore, he wants to bring Revolution - he never said he wanted to rule Dorssia. Not to mention that his home country was conquered by Dorssia or Dorssia killed his parents due to his childhood flashbacks.
Old 2013-10-12, 18:26   Link #149
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Ok, now say he does try to infiltrate Dorssia. Don't you think Cain would consider that possibility? I mean he was one step ahead of L-Elf when he tried that Trojan horse plan.
Old 2013-10-12, 18:28   Link #150
Fjoergyn

Quote:
L-Elf's betrayal most likely wasn't made public knowledge. Having their best student defect? I would want to keep that on the down low too.

-

That's before he knew about the Magius. Furthermore, he wants to bring Revolution - he never said he wanted to rule Dorssia. Not to mention that his home country was conquered by Dorssia or Dorssia killed his parents due to his childhood flashbacks.

Seria thrilling scene L-11 with their parents smiling happily before the invasion dorssiana
Old 2013-10-12, 18:53   Link #151
Irenesharda

Quote:

-

I think they would cover it up too. Also, it doesn't matter if the Fueher hears about it, Cain won't get in trouble or anything. The two are best buddies and have each other's back.

As for L-elf going back, I don't mean ruling Dorssia, I mean simply living there. Despite his past, L-elf has steadfastly agreed with Dorssia's methods. He also seems to care about the people of the country as he not only is going through with this revolution, but he sticks up for their overgrown military, stating that all Dorssia wants to do is protect its people.

I hope they will go into the whole Bloody Tuesday event and explain what happened. Also what was with the two coups that happened, one 12 years ago, and other 10 years ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KleenexGhost View Post
Ok, now say he does try to infiltrate Dorssia. Don't you think Cain would consider that possibility? I mean he was one step ahead of L-Elf when he tried that Trojan horse plan.
It could actually go towards Cain's purpose if he expected L-11 to try something, caught him, and then blackmailed L-11 into becoming some sort of double agent. With Amadeus' help, he could use Lieselotte as leverage. We do see a point where L-11 re-dons his old uniform and he doesn't look happy about it. Also, we don't see L-11 around a lot with the other 5 pilots in the preview scenes. We can assume he separates from them at some point. This could place a hitch with Haruto and his plan to feed off only L-11. The Valvraves may then be on a borrowed clock energy wise, unless the others start to feed off humans too.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2013-10-12, 19:31   Link #152
Destined_Fate

I don't see why he would want to live there as he becomes even more tied to the module unless the module is fully destroyed. L-Elf agreed with them, sure, but it's because that's what he was being taught and he had no choice. If he didn't agree and follow orders he would die than his revolution aka revenge would never happen. I can also seem his views towards Dorssia's "protection" military state changing because of his time on the module.

Haruto forcing his locked away emotions to come out by the biting would speed this process up. And due to the future revealing the Magius stuff, I have a feeling the revolution will involve revealing the Magius which turns them to be hunted. I don't think that's what L-Elf will want to get behind because it would mean having to fight Haruto and the other pilots who are the closest things he has to real friends. He would also have to deal with how Shoko would react to that to since he has started to care for her well being while at the start of the series he didn't really care all that much.

L-Elf dropping his cold military exterior as things go on and changing his mannerism, views, and relationships is good character development in my eyes.
Old 2013-10-13, 06:20   Link #153
Key Board
Carbon

I have the feeling that since the current Amadeus is a different person, he may have less reasons to keep Lieselotte alive
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Old 2013-10-13, 06:41   Link #154
Winterson
Wrath of Her Fury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
I have the feeling that since the current Amadeus is a different person, he may have less reasons to keep Lieselotte alive

Maybe you're right, but I doubt Cain would not easily make it happen. They'll be needing her to lure L Elf back to his home base. Besides, he probably knew that Elf was acquainted with the princess.

Old 2013-10-13, 08:06   Link #155
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

I doubt that they (L-Elf's superiors & ""friends"") know that L-Elf betrayed Dorssia because of Lisolette. If they did, they'd probably use the "we can guarantee her safety, only if you rejoin us" card. Cain seems low enough to resort to using hostages & blackmail to keep people in check.

So, my guess is that no one is aware of the reason for his defection, but if he tries to infiltrate or return. That alone shows that he's left behind something, therefore exposing himself & alerting them(Cain/Amadeus/A-3) that there is something for him to return for & at that point, they'll try to figure it out.

The fact that Lisolette hasn't been used to draw him out yet, means that she is outside Dorssia's calculations concerning L-Elf. A-3 had a friendly/personal relationship with her & he doesn't know that she's met L-Elf before, therefore in conclusion, if someone close to her didn't know, then how are strangers supposed to know?
"When there is evil in this world that justice cannot defeat, would you taint your hands with evil to defeat evil? Or would you remain steadfast and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?" - Lelouch vi Britannia as Zero.
Old 2013-10-13, 09:08   Link #156
Winterson
Wrath of Her Fury

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangakid95 View Post
I doubt that they (L-Elf's superiors & ""friends"") know that L-Elf betrayed Dorssia because of Lisolette. If they did, they'd probably use the "we can guarantee her safety, only if you rejoin us" card. Cain seems low enough to resort to using hostages & blackmail to keep people in check.

So, my guess is that no one is aware of the reason for his defection, but if he tries to infiltrate or return. That alone shows that he's left behind something, therefore exposing himself & alerting them(Cain/Amadeus/A-3) that there is something for him to return for & at that point, they'll try to figure it out.

The fact that Lisolette hasn't been used to draw him out yet, means that she is outside Dorssia's calculations concerning L-Elf. A-3 had a friendly/personal relationship with her & he doesn't know that she's met L-Elf before, therefore in conclusion, if someone close to her didn't know, then how are strangers supposed to know?

And that is something we are not certain of. Bet some officials know about his childhood which includes the princess, taking pity on him and bestowing him immunity. I know Cain won't pull a tawdry display that will eventually turn futile since L Elf won't fall for such cheap and desperate tactics.

And yes, you're right about everyone being unaware of the reason for his defection. Probably, Cain is going to get Liselotte involved in some government affairs that will lead L Elf to his confusion. He is a better theoretician than L Elf so I would't be surprised if Cain wins over him.
Old 2013-10-13, 12:42   Link #157
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterson View Post
And that is something we are not certain of. Bet some officials know about his childhood which includes the princess, taking pity on him and bestowing him immunity. I know Cain won't pull a tawdry display that will eventually turn futile since L Elf won't fall for such cheap and desperate tactics.

And yes, you're right about everyone being unaware of the reason for his defection. Probably, Cain is going to get Liselotte involved in some government affairs that will lead L Elf to his confusion. He is a better theoretician than L Elf so I would't be surprised if Cain wins over him.
Yea, there are most likely a few officials who know about L-Elf's encounter with the princess. But remember, they are from the former Dorssia (Monarch), they were most likely killed when Amadeus' army purged the royal family & their subordinates.

Lisolette was allowed to live because she'd still be important to the country, even though the royalty has been stripped.

A-Drei was allowed to live because he abandoned status & became a super-soldier. They are likely other royal family members that did what A-Drei did in order to escape death.

So with the above being said, the chances of people knowing that L-Elf had an encounter with Lisolette are at odds. They are either dead or chose silence. So again, the Elf's motivation for his defection is safe for now.

But as you've said, Cain is a highly skilled theoretician & may eventually pick up some hints as to why E-Elf defected. So it's only a matter of time until Lisolette makes her debut (not counting child Liso).

Btw, her taking so long to make her debut, warrants a huge death flag & another foreshadowing to her possible death is; in both OPs we always wsee her transforming & scattering into beads of light <==(In mecha anime, that's never a good thing).
Old 2013-10-13, 13:37   Link #158
Winterson
Wrath of Her Fury

Feel like she's going to die as implied in the ops and since death is quite embedded on her face. The question is whether she will act as a sacrificial lamb or nor not on either side, may it be in Dorssia's favor or Neo JIOR's.

It kind of upsets me to see Liselotte always displaying a worried and sad expression in the op when she hasn't even made a formal introduction then, when she makes her debut, she'll most probably get killed off for some plot relevance. That's what intrigues me. I'm looking forward to seeing how her role will benefit the show, putting aside the goodness in her, her status as a princess and her involvement in L Elf's life.

Somehow, I'm suspecting that Liselotte is the same as Shoko as to planning to bring not only revolution to Dorssia but also independence, freedom from the influence of a more powerful enemy. Leaders of the nations submit to the potency of the magius so it's apparent that the previous government knew of their existence and Liselotte was involved with it. I believe that the monarch went against and defied the magius that the council decided to bring the monarchy down by seemingly helping the Fuhrer's faction with their scheme through Cain who'd become a magius ten years ago. Anyways, this is just a spec.
Old 2013-10-13, 14:13   Link #159
Irenesharda

Again, I don't think we should take everything in the OP as face value. I'll wait till I see a scene of her in present time before I make any judgements.

I too am interested in what her role will be. Also, they really need to inform us about these coups that have been taking place within the last 15 or so years. I think so far they have mentioned at least 2 or 3. Yet, Amadeus is the 68th ruler, which means that he continued on from where they left off before the coup(s). So the type of government has stayed fairly the same, it's the rulers that have shifted.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2013-10-13, 14:48   Link #160
Winterson
Wrath of Her Fury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
Again, I don't think we should take everything in the OP as face value. I'll wait till I see a scene of her in present time before I make any judgements.

I too am interested in what her role will be. Also, they really need to inform us about these coups that have been taking place within the last 15 or so years. I think so far they have mentioned at least 2 or 3. Yet, Amadeus is the 68th ruler, which means that he continued on from where they left off before the coup(s). So the type of government has stayed fairly the same, it's the rulers that have shifted.
I guess I don't have a choice but to wait.

I'm just wondering if the late monarch is Lise's father and if he's the same as Amadeus, conniving and merciless. Even before the coup happened, L Elf's parents were killed. Many civilians and or revolutionaries had withstand the government, and somehow Amadeus came to their rescue, although he was just seemingly forming a coup d'etat. He'd still punish them also in the end. Yeah , they should give info about these coups and things from the past.

Tags
characters