Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2011-05-01, 07:09   Link #4801
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
How can you move that sponge to an oil container without any water to be lost during the process through? That's actually what i meant
Put it above the container and transfer the sponge. Water sinks under oil and you can minus off the marking.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-01, 07:59   Link #4802
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
I am looking for a website, maybe someone here can help me out.
It is of the (yaoi) doujinshi circle BokeBON who have recently been doing quite some Star Driver comics.
I am always having trouble looking for proper search sites for circles, a lot fo people do not include links but are there proper search engines for them?
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-01, 08:05   Link #4803
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by -KarumA- View Post
I am looking for a website, maybe someone here can help me out.
It is of the (yaoi) doujinshi circle BokeBON who have recently been doing quite some Star Driver comics.
I am always having trouble looking for proper search sites for circles, a lot fo people do not include links but are there proper search engines for them?
Try searching on google using hira/kata instead of romanji?

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2011-05-01, 08:35   Link #4804
genryou
The ______ maker
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via Yahoo to genryou
http://img12.imageshack.us/img12/275...9747991419.jpg

Quick question: That guy on the left, his haircut, what kind of haircut it is? I want to know.

Last edited by genryou; 2011-05-01 at 09:05.
genryou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-01, 09:03   Link #4805
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Try searching on google using hira/kata instead of romanji?
The problem is that google hardly gives the result I need. The circle name is in romaji, it's also in romaji on the cover.
I tried adding the series name, doujinshi title (hira/kata) but allas no results. Google barely results circle websites if they did they it wouldn't be so hard to find them.
I've contacted the seller if maybe he can look it up inside the book itself, but I am still looking for a decent search site for circles.
Old 2011-05-01, 09:32   Link #4806
HasuMasu
*Artist

can someone tell me what the alarm clock yuuichi (kanon) got from nayuki said?

you know, the cat alarm clock he got from nayuki
Old 2011-05-01, 09:57   Link #4807
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
The problem is that google hardly gives the result I need. The circle name is in romaji, it's also in romaji on the cover.
I tried adding the series name, doujinshi title (hira/kata) but allas no results. Google barely results circle websites if they did they it wouldn't be so hard to find them.
I've contacted the seller if maybe he can look it up inside the book itself, but I am still looking for a decent search site for circles.
I have seen the manga being sold on ebay, but they didn't give the back cover.

If I am not wrong, usually doujinshis leave their emails or sites in the manga itself. If you own a copy, you could browse through it for clues.

Though you might want to find someone who you know and can trust in importing one if you don't own a copy.

Old 2011-05-01, 10:49   Link #4808
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
I have seen the manga being sold on ebay, but they didn't give the back cover.

If I am not wrong, usually doujinshis leave their emails or sites in the manga itself. If you own a copy, you could browse through it for clues.

Though you might want to find someone who you know and can trust in importing one if you don't own a copy.
I wasn't looking to buy it, but I asked the seller if they could send me the link.
I have a good contact who goes to conventions to buy books for me but I wanted some more information ont he circle itself. She is currently under enough stress from the Earthquake so I didn't want to bother her with this.
Hopefully the seller contacts me soon.
Old 2011-05-01, 10:58   Link #4809
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
I wasn't looking to buy it, but I asked the seller if they could send me the link.
I have a good contact who goes to conventions to buy books for me but I wanted some more information ont he circle itself. She is currently under enough stress from the Earthquake so I didn't want to bother her with this.
Hopefully the seller contacts me soon.
Alright I looked through a scanalation and found it.

http://bon.rgr.jp/boke-mokuji.htm

NOW GET ME SOME BRAIN BLEACH! NEED TO UNSEE! ARGH! Why can't these people put their info at the goddamn front page????

Old 2011-05-02, 18:56   Link #4810
Izayoi
I LOVE FLAN_CHAN
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Izayoi
Do most people draw straight from tablet or on paper then scan? Usually I do the latter and it always has been the norm, thus I was just wondering about the majority attitude towards this.
Old 2011-05-03, 01:07   Link #4811
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

I draw on paper then scan later because I don't have a tablet.

Here is a question : is there a way to stop a political party's van from making rounds and contributing to noise pollution? I am tired of listening to their "Vote for us and get free stuff" nonsense on a daily basis everytime I come home for my afternoon nap!

Old 2011-05-03, 09:56   Link #4812
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izayoi View Post
Do most people draw straight from tablet or on paper then scan? Usually I do the latter and it always has been the norm, thus I was just wondering about the majority attitude towards this.
Depends:

- for drawthread people go directly on tablet because you can easily sketch on it

For anythign that doesn't use direct detail I would use direct from tablet.

However when drawing: I draw a draft first, mark what has to be inked etc. but do not colour the drawing.
Scan it, load into Illustrator, make new layer and make lines with the tablet.
For what I have to ink I don't use one line with the ink tool, I go around the black line down where it has to go and back up to close it. This way you can easily pull the sides if you want the drawing to have slightly thicker areas and thinner ones and not just one thick/thin line.

For more detail: drawing -> tablet
For quick sketches: direct tablet (sketsches, storyboards, character draft for 3D anything like that)
Old 2011-05-04, 09:25   Link #4813
HasuMasu
*Artist

now, i have a question:

is it possible to catch a falling person?

for example: what if hitagi wasn't weightless and araragi still decided to catch her?

would they both just die?

or could they still walk away from it with functioning arms and legs?
Old 2011-05-04, 09:40   Link #4814
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Box View Post
now, i have a question:

is it possible to catch a falling person?

for example: what if hitagi wasn't weightless and araragi still decided to catch her?

would they both just die?

or could they still walk away from it with functioning arms and legs?
Depend on how far from her fall and how Araragi catch it...

The trick here is to increase the impact duration (now i forgot the actual term, but it's the duration for your head to deceleration from certain speed to zero, 0.05s if you hit the floor for example) using your arms and reduce the force. Similarly, in theory tripping and falling into the ground can kill you (if your head hit straight onto the ground). But most of the times our aims or legs stick out to reduce that impacts
Old 2011-05-04, 10:11   Link #4815
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Question for anyone with legal knowledge or training :

What does it exactly mean by Proper Plaintiff?

Old 2011-05-06, 05:51   Link #4816
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
Forum-related question: Can someone see if you've visited their profile if you're set to invisible? I ask cuz I sometimes see people I've visited come visit me after I visited them, but I can't see people who visit me if they're invisible.

NOTE: I'm always invisible
Tsuyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-06, 15:43   Link #4817
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Given my brief testing with invisible mode to see if I still appeared on the "recent visitor" I'd say yes it does. As when I viewed someones profile as I still saw "Konakaga*" listed on their recent visitors; though I'd assume the * is only shown to me since I was on invisible.
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-07, 03:27   Link #4818
HasuMasu
*Artist

can someone tell me what "MAD" means? i always see it in the title of youtube videos relating to anime, the videos are like redone opening sequences
Old 2011-05-07, 03:37   Link #4819
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Box View Post
can someone tell me what "MAD" means? i always see it in the title of youtube videos relating to anime, the videos are like redone opening sequences
it's more or else the Japanese equivalence to "AMV" generally those youtube are from the Japanese video site "Nico Nico Douga" and it seems to stand for "music anime doujin" though I am not completely sure of that. Though it cover tends to cover a much wider range of types of "videos" than an AMV, since things such as remix, covers, or song re-creations can be called a "MAD" at times.
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-07, 07:19   Link #4820
WordShaker
In scientific terms only.

Send a message via MSN to WordShaker
Here be a Wikipedia article on it, but it's a little unsourced. Interesting, in any case.
WordShaker is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
problem, q&a, serious