AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2012-08-17, 07:18   Link #10281
novalysis

I'd have to disagree with all those raining on this arc. While certainly short by the standards of a weekly manga, it was a very interesting and creative arc IMO, and likely setup for the next arc. Seen from the perspective that the Jet Black Wedding Arc is a bridging arc between the Not Equal and the Next arc, I'd say it has done it's job quite well, bringing in new and potentially interesting plot-elements in play in a competent, non-awkward manner.
novalysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-17, 09:16   Link #10282
ccie20012

Those who do not like last arc remind me of Torai.
From Medaka Box 156 Page 17

I waited for Medaka Box 154 Page 3 since the beginning of the manga.
And you say that it is bad in general.
And what a wonderful word game at the end of the arc.
ccie20012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-17, 22:42   Link #10283
Wolfenstein

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccie20012 View Post
Those who do not like last arc remind me of Torai.
From Medaka Box 156 Page 17

I waited for Medaka Box 154 Page 3 since the beginning of the manga.
And you say that it is bad in general.
And what a wonderful word game at the end of the arc.
It's true, because that's what people were commenting in regards to this arc being so bad.

Torai was startled at this new Medaka, preferring the old one, yet she soon learned that things hadn't really changed.

Likewise, we readers were hyped as hell with this new arc. I mean, c'mon. It's a brave new world where things are uncertainly gambled and coom due to Devil Style neutralizing fate, a brand new council which is, frankly, a much better ensamble of characters than the old one(though no Kumagawa in this one T_T) and Medaka's unsufferable saviour of humanity persona was gone.

How could anyone want simply more of the past status quo where Medaka just went "Just as Planned", the bad guys were utterly crushed?

And, likewise, we were shown that things did not truly completely alter with the end of this arc. Maybe Anshin'-San's "New World" is not as different as we imagined.

Maybe Nishio's message is that things never truly change? Maybe he just dosen't know how to write Medaka in another manner? Maybe he's planning to de-construct the status quo again in the next arc(I mean, if they don't reference the proposal at all like the Minus arc confession, I'll flip shit)? Maybe everything Zenkichi wanted to do the past arc never got accomplished(even though we were clearly lead to believe they were), because as posters above me put it, he's just a talentless, insignificant being and no amount of effort would allow him to acheive his dreams, because effort's all he has?

Who knows? Maybe Nishio just fucked-up his writting.

Regardless, I agree this arc was terrible.

Last edited by Wolfenstein; 2012-08-18 at 02:22.
Wolfenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-18, 03:47   Link #10284
novalysis

On the other hand, this is Medaka, with one of the most terrifying skills in the manga, short of Kumugawa's All Fiction or Anshin'San or her Shiranui attendant.

Once you take Zen's devil style out of the equation, I really couldn't see how Medaka could have lost, without writing inconsistently or forcing Medaka to go for the idiot ball. Not to mention that the suitors succeeded in irritating Ajimu

Of course, either this short arc suggest that Medaka Box is ending soon, or the Real Suitors REALLY are as much of a Fake Antagonists as the False suitors, and the Jet Black Wedding Arc is merely the first two outer dolls (the fake and the real suitors) in a Russian Doll story.

It does seem that the Jet Black Art might just be connected to the next arc in the same way the Flask Plan Arc is linked to the Minus Arc, as such, I'd be hesitant to condemn this arc unless the next arc disappoints, and makes no use of this arc.
novalysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-18, 10:53   Link #10285
ccie20012

@Wolfenstein
I still do not understand why this arc is bad.
Perhaps you (or other readers) imposes unrealistic expectations on this arc.
And then, disappointed that they did not come true.

"Just as planned" - a slogan of the arc.
But there is also a huge number of people who like the predictability of the plot.
No details of plot of course. And what if we move from point A, then we arrive at point B.
A-> B. No matter how complicated is the way.

Zen confess to Medaka - "Just as planned"
Medaka confess to Zen - "Just as planned"
Medaka won all suitors - "Just as planned"

This arc was a bad as ending of the story. But this is not final.
Old 2012-08-18, 11:03   Link #10286
Wolfenstein

No-one imposed any unrealistic expectation. We were lead to believe something that was false.
Wolfenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-18, 11:38   Link #10287
Guernsey
The GAP Man

Send a message via AIM to Guernsey Send a message via MSN to Guernsey Send a message via Yahoo to Guernsey
Quote:
Originally Posted by novalysis View Post
On the other hand, this is Medaka, with one of the most terrifying skills in the manga, short of Kumugawa's All Fiction or Anshin'San or her Shiranui attendant.

Once you take Zen's devil style out of the equation, I really couldn't see how Medaka could have lost, without writing inconsistently or forcing Medaka to go for the idiot ball. Not to mention that the suitors succeeded in irritating Ajimu.
The only real weakness Medaka has is that she doesn't have enough power or that the author doesn't seem to care. It is not as though the suitors would had been a challenge to Medaka anyway, Medaka is the main character of this manga so she going to win despite the odds stacked against her. Her power is that she is literally better than you are in every way but she is portrayed as being inhuman robot as a result.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccie20012 View Post
@Wolfenstein
I still do not understand why this arc is bad.
Perhaps you (or other readers) imposes unrealistic expectations on this arc.
And then, disappointed that they did not come true.
Maybr but a lot of fans (myself included) were expecting something different to happen than the norm. It is as though that fans wanted Medaka to lose but we wanted something unexpected and we got it, just not in the way we desired.
Old 2012-08-19, 04:56   Link #10288
ndqanh_vn

Oh well, I am not very surprised that at the end, two of the suitors are useless pawns. Actually the Plus Six have not been anything other than tools to demonstrate Kumagawa's power. Many of the tag-along characters are pretty useless in this arc too, Shiranui being the prime example. Najimi just standing there without doing anything, and actually there is no point for her to be included.

Medaka and Zen's relationship is still lacking as much chemistry as you could imagine.
ndqanh_vn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-19, 05:43   Link #10289
Sixth
Hu Tao

I guess there is a reason why medaka box always got ranked below top 5.

"Anti-climatic" is Medaka Box's blood.
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-19, 15:44   Link #10290
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfenstein View Post
No-one imposed any unrealistic expectation. We were lead to believe something that was false.
you were troll Nishio
Old 2012-08-19, 19:26   Link #10291
17Sevens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
you were troll Nishio
Truly, this man was the son of Nishio.
17Sevens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-21, 10:15   Link #10292
Westlo
Lets be reality

Still in the bottom 5, center color next week, probably the results of the 3rd popularity poll.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-21, 10:53   Link #10293
Homura7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Still in the bottom 5, center color next week, probably the results of the 3rd popularity poll.
Quote:
Takamagahara
Kochikame
Koisome momiji
Pajama
Bulge
By Aohige

Bottom, what?
Homura7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-21, 12:26   Link #10294
Valid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurusu-Shirudo View Post
By Aohige

Bottom, what?
Actually takamagahara is not ranked yet so yh it still counts as being in the bottom 5 but hopefully when the second season/new arc starts the rankings improve.
Old 2012-08-22, 15:58   Link #10295
Last Carpet

anything up yet
Last Carpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-22, 18:36   Link #10296
kenjtr

i really dont want medaka and zenkichi end up together , i wonder if ajimu have feelings for zenkichi since when he died she lost it . Maybe ajimu was zenkichis girlfriend ( in middle school ) .
kenjtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-22, 19:49   Link #10297
Kurosu
KORA!!
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Kurosu
Real spoilers should be out sooner than later. But seeing as the chapter might come out later than I had hoped I'll throw something out there

Spoiler for Chapter 159 Spoilers:
Kurosu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-24, 08:59   Link #10298
Last Carpet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurosu View Post
Real spoilers should be out sooner than later. But seeing as the chapter might come out later than I had hoped I'll throw something out there

Spoiler for Chapter 159 Spoilers:
anything out?
Last Carpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-24, 09:19   Link #10299
ccie20012

@kenjtr
And how do you think this is possible? Kill Medaka-chan? I see only one option.
After the declaration of love and offers to marry?
Did someone expect to be another option
Old 2012-08-24, 10:30   Link #10300
[HearT]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Carpet View Post
anything out?
well, the raws out o_O
[HearT] is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, comedy, harem, nishio, romance, shounen, student council