AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2006-06-26, 14:42   Link #401
Cooldude

Must be just me but I thought the ending was excellent

Who was evil? Who was justice? In the end, the message of the author was delivered pretty well: What you believe is right is justice, what you believe is wrong is evil, right and wrong, justice and evil, black and white, it all depends on the opinion of the particular person

Both Light, L and Near all pursued their own justice. Matsuda believed in Kira as just as Aizawa didn't, I thought that point was brought across pretty well in the last couple of chapters

But one thing's for certain, Light ain't no God, just an immature loser like L, as L said himself.
Cooldude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-27, 01:28   Link #402
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
http://mdn.mainichi-msn.co.jp/specia...dm002000c.html

Shueisha's Yoshida says the end of "Death Note" was always a foregone conclusion.

"I asked that the story develop so that Raito was punished in some way," Yoshida said.
Wtf?

The ending of DN was not done of Tsugumi's own personal wish, but requested by the editor!?

Maybe DN should've been published as a seinen series instead......
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-27, 02:43   Link #403
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

Nani!? Because of the editor we get this lousy ending!? Curse him!!!
Old 2006-06-27, 23:37   Link #404
Ja-Y-Ce
Earthling

There is a new book out for DN, something like a guide book. Called Death Note 13 .There r 2 editions, one is the normal edition and the other one is the special edition. Hmm, but the special edition looks more interesting to me though.

http://www.comipress.com/?p=379

arr!! L true name will be revealed. Wonder what it is.
Ja-Y-Ce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-05, 04:49   Link #405
Chi-chan
Persocom

Death Note kicks serious ass! Me and my friends have decided to do a cosplay and run around in town dressed as the characters ^^ I want to be the Shinigami, of course.
Chi-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-05, 18:43   Link #406
[DOT].L
Delightfully lost...
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale
Wtf?

The ending of DN was not done of Tsugumi's own personal wish, but requested by the editor!?

Maybe DN should've been published as a seinen series instead......
Maybe now people will finally stop blaming the authors for the rather disappointing end of DN...

It's great to hear that DeathNote will be novelized in the future. Definitely looking foward to that.
[DOT].L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-08, 11:18   Link #407
Ja-Y-Ce
Earthling

DN Anime Voice Actors!!

According to animenewsnetwork, the VA for Raito will be Ishida Akira and VA for L will be Romi Paku. The rest is not disclosed yet. Hmm.... I wonder is this juz a rumour or already confirmed? But oh my gosh!!!!!!!! Both of them r among my favourite seiyuus!!!!!!! I can't wait to c the show now!!!!!

edit: Kenji Nomura as Ryuk. If i hear anything more, i will update.
Ja-Y-Ce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-08, 13:31   Link #408
Cooldude

Ishida Akira doesn't seem to suit Raito, I don't know how he'd sound when he has to do the really evil lines, his voice just ain't "bad" enough

Paku Romi for L is just not right
Old 2006-07-08, 18:43   Link #409
[DOT].L
Delightfully lost...
*Artist

I can't see Romi Paku as L, either. Her voice feels a little too... vibrant for someone as stoic as L. I guess Ishida Akira could potentially work as Raito. Hopefully he can pull off some genuinely psycho tones.

Then again, ANN isn't always correct. Too early to tell.
Old 2006-07-08, 19:42   Link #410
Dagger
Nitro+ fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by [DOT].L
Maybe now people will finally stop blaming the authors for the rather disappointing end of DN...

It's great to hear that DeathNote will be novelized in the future. Definitely looking foward to that.
Ohba has said pretty much the same thing in interviews (that Light's downfall was a foregone conclusion).

Personally, I thought the end was one of the best parts of the series. I wouldn't have settled for anything less.
Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-08, 20:25   Link #411
[DOT].L
Delightfully lost...
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magus IX
Ohba has said pretty much the same thing in interviews (that Light's downfall was a foregone conclusion).

Personally, I thought the end was one of the best parts of the series. I wouldn't have settled for anything less.
No-where in the article does Oba comment about his work. The quote "Even Oba said Nishio would be the best choice for the novel," is as far as Oba's comments go regarding DeathNote, and even then it is only an indirect quote from editor Yoshida of Shueisha. It was Yoshida that said: "... end of "Death Note" was always a foregone conclusion."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mainichi Daily
"I asked that the story develop so that Raito was punished in some way," Yoshida said.
Then again, had he not specifically requested the end of DN, the result would most likely had been the same anyway. To have a a villian (especially one of Raito's calibur) emerge victorious would have been a highly risky move on Shueisha's behalf. Believe it or not, such an ending could potentially alienate a large portion of the audience who believes in the whole "justice will always prevail" idealogy. As much as I hate to say this, but not every fan of DN has the mental sophistication to conduct an in-depth analysis of such a masterpiece. They would interpret Raito's triumph as acknowledging the prospect that evil CAN prevail. This can draw unprecedented criticism for DN (most, undoubtedly, being baseless accusations born out of frustration directed at the less agreeable ending), and that is hardly beneficial for any work of literature.
Old 2006-07-09, 00:44   Link #412
Cooldude

Quote:
Originally Posted by [DOT].L
I can't see Romi Paku as L, either. Her voice feels a little too... vibrant for someone as stoic as L. I guess Ishida Akira could potentially work as Raito. Hopefully he can pull off some genuinely psycho tones.

Then again, ANN isn't always correct. Too early to tell.
When you think of L you think of someone who's cool, calm and collected with a more mature voice. In this instance someone like Ishida Akira might've been a better choice for L instead of Raito

Paku Romi's way too kiddy voice for a role like that
Old 2006-07-09, 17:09   Link #413
[DOT].L
Delightfully lost...
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooldude
When you think of L you think of someone who's cool, calm and collected with a more mature voice. In this instance someone like Ishida Akira might've been a better choice for L instead of Raito
You know, that was my initial response as well. Ishida Akira as L can certainly work IMO.
Old 2006-07-11, 11:29   Link #414
Lotiman

The story are great. He start like a nice guy at the begining and end up a badass. I started hate him when he touched the notebook the second time and kill that 3rd Kira. The drawing are great. EVIL!!!
Lotiman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-30, 21:57   Link #415
Shinoto
Rollin' Like A Boss

How many Chapters of Death note is there?
I know 12volumes but chapters would be helpful
Old 2006-07-30, 22:40   Link #416
runpsicat
Engrishator
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syaoran
Anyone saw the Death Note movie ? Maybe L solved it instead of N ^^
A friend of mine wanted to see it, so I saw the movie (part 1) when it came out. It was so-so and deviated from the manga's plot on key points, but the movie producers had stated that they'll deviate from the manga, so it was no big surprise. Personally and predictably, I prefer the manga over the movie. You're not missing a whole lot here.
Spoiler:
Old 2006-08-07, 18:26   Link #417
Bakaaa

the ending was disapointing : not the fact Light loose even though i was rooting for him but he didnt deserve to have the looser death he had without dignity.
Bakaaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-08, 16:09   Link #418
Death Note
The current Kira.

Send a message via AIM to Death Note Send a message via MSN to Death Note
lololololol

How do you do that spolier/hide code?
Death Note is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-11, 05:32   Link #419
suki_hitsugaya

Send a message via MSN to suki_hitsugaya
Talking

omg i was started reading death note not long ago and now i am addicted and it is so good!!!!
suki_hitsugaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-12, 08:16   Link #420
Lotiman

Haha... I love "Death Note" sig. Sasuke, Oro and Kabuto driving.
Lotiman is offline   Reply With Quote