AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2015-03-02, 00:06   Link #5441
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Say what you will, but as a challenger friend of mine told me once, watching teams not make mistakes is more impressive is a better and higher form of competition than ones littered with throws and kill-fests.

Furthermore, if you're claiming that LCK doesn't have any major kill-fests, then clearly you didn't watch the GE Tigers vs SK Telecom set, which was easily the best set I've seen this year. Game 1 was an utter bloodbath.
Old 2015-03-02, 00:39   Link #5442
Eragon
Still Alive

Nah, not saying EU-NA LCS is more impressive, they are just more fun to watch even when there aren't that many kills in the game. Professional players throwing games at baron like silvers is hilarious
Old 2015-03-02, 00:42   Link #5443
Pocari_Sweat
<em style="color:#808080;">Disabled By Request</em>

Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
I think of NA LCS as Pro Wrestling. A spectacle and entertaining, but not very good from a technical point of view.

EU LCS I don't have a comparison. Not only is it less entertaining, but they are worse in "skill" than NA atm.
Pocari_Sweat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-02, 01:01   Link #5444
Seitsuki
Onee!

Got hilariously out-Sona'ed.

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Guess who had the highest damage? Akali right? NOPE SONA
Old 2015-03-02, 02:15   Link #5445
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocari_Sweat View Post
I think of NA LCS as Pro Wrestling. A spectacle and entertaining, but not very good from a technical point of view.

EU LCS I don't have a comparison. Not only is it less entertaining, but they are worse in "skill" than NA atm.
Team Coast is really impressive I must say. There isn't exactly much difference in the top spots either. SK is somewhat slumping but so is CLG.

Regardless Korea is as usual the best region far and above any other one. China doesn't even register in comparison.
Eisdrache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-02, 04:30   Link #5446
frivolity
My posts are frivolous

I understand that pro teams play to win, so many of them prefer to play cautiously without taking unnecessary risks, but it's still incredibly boring for me to watch. I liken it to watching the Italian Serie A, which contains teams with incredibly high skill level, but I literally fell asleep watching two defensive teams punting a long ball forward every now and then in a match featuring AC Milan.

There was an insanely boring Dota 2 game in TI3 (iG vs DK) that went for 100 minutes long, and more than half the game was about both teams trying to secure the most minute advantages without ever attempting any high-risk-high-reward moves. It reminded me of those old Dragonball episodes in which the episode would start with two guys charging up their powers, and they still hadn't finished charging by the time the episode ended.

The Korean casters were without a doubt the most exciting aspect of that game:

Goeben Alaska Hood Albacore Archerfish

Lexington Hornet Taihou Ranger Surcouf

Wichita Houston Sirius Yuubari Brooklyn

Ikazuchi Hibiki Aviere Akizuki Suzutsuki

frivolity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-02, 06:34   Link #5447
Raviel

^ That video is hilarious

Although wouldn't it be more appropriate to put that in the dota 2 thread?
Raviel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-02, 10:48   Link #5448
Kafriel
Senior Guest

It really was pretty hilarious tho

So, what are everyone's thoughts on Faker's case? It's the first time I heard about people getting targeted like that and I can only imagine what kind of consequences this whole business had on him...
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-02, 11:46   Link #5449
Eragon
Still Alive

LMAO I'm dying
Old 2015-03-02, 14:42   Link #5450
Mach56gs
Do-Gooder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
Say what you will, but as a challenger friend of mine told me once, watching teams not make mistakes is more impressive is a better and higher form of competition than ones littered with throws and kill-fests.

Furthermore, if you're claiming that LCK doesn't have any major kill-fests, then clearly you didn't watch the GE Tigers vs SK Telecom set, which was easily the best set I've seen this year. Game 1 was an utter bloodbath.
Woah Woah.

Didn't say that good play leads to less kills. I just said that the throws and stuff can be so amusing. The EL throw against GIA.... I mean thats just comedy gold! The best game out of the West was probably CLG vs TSM, play-wise.

I can't watch LCK or any eastern league 'cause its not in my time schedule. I like to watch games live, ya know? Wish I could though, because I really want to see how pro play looks like. Guess I need to take a look at the GE vs SKT series (if thats your recommendation).

Thats why IEM gets me so hype. I get to see how gnarly these teams are in comparison to the teams that I usually watch.

Edit: That video.

That video tho.

Last edited by Mach56gs; 2015-03-02 at 14:53.
Mach56gs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-02, 18:01   Link #5451
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach56gs View Post
I can't watch LCK or any eastern league 'cause its not in my time schedule. I like to watch games live, ya know? Wish I could though, because I really want to see how pro play looks like. Guess I need to take a look at the GE vs SKT series (if thats your recommendation).
All LCK and LPL matches from this year are on the LoL Esports channel on Youtube in full.

I did watch EU and NA live for about 2 years worth. But after seeing Korea live for that time as well, I've decided to cut it to just Korea due to time constraints IRL.
Old 2015-03-02, 19:15   Link #5452
IceHism

I only watch NA and EU for players i like and fantasy LCS. Fantasy makes boring teams interesting to see tbh.
IceHism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-03, 13:12   Link #5453
Mach56gs
Do-Gooder

Group stages for IEM are announced!

And I love it. SK vs C9 for the final semifinal seed seems to be a hypy matchup (although Yoe Flash Wolves could mess them both up, Bo1 Cheese too OP) and both SK and C9 will probably face off against GE Tigers, which will be amusing to see as a litmus test of how the west stacks up to the best.

Group stage B seems a bit more simple, but TSM and Gambit have a shot. They could both make semifinals, which would be amusing. Gambit probably is the less likely of the two, and CJ Entus is no joke.

Last edited by Mach56gs; 2015-03-03 at 13:24.
Mach56gs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-03, 13:38   Link #5454
Kafriel
Senior Guest

As much as I like GMB, they just always mess up halfway through...C9 looks promising. Could someone post a link to the match schedules? Thanks in advance.

P.S: Udyr is da bawss!
Old 2015-03-03, 13:50   Link #5455
Mach56gs
Do-Gooder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
As much as I like GMB, they just always mess up halfway through...C9 looks promising. Could someone post a link to the match schedules? Thanks in advance.

P.S: Udyr is da bawss!
Sorry, here are the matchups!

C9 basically has to beat SK to advance, and visa versa. They have their first game against GE Tigers, which is good for them because they want the international experience.

...But bad for them because it IS the GE Tigers xD
Old 2015-03-03, 14:56   Link #5456
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Cheers man! This is gonna be good....
Old 2015-03-04, 07:12   Link #5457
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

Semi-finals predictions: GE, CJ, TSM, c9
Old 2015-03-04, 08:15   Link #5458
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Don't be too confident in CJ Entus. Ambition is very limited at what he can play well in the jungle and is regularly exposed for it in the LCK. Madlife has also had issues.
Old 2015-03-04, 13:07   Link #5459
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

Being exposed by a high-level korean team and being exposed by a high-level EU/NA team are very different. I'm not confident enough to believe that CJ will roll over their opposition but confident enough to think that it won't be that close either.

I will bet a cardboard on that.
Old 2015-03-06, 13:37   Link #5460
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Tribush flash into the top turret from Annie...at LV2. I daresay, I have seen everything :O It's even more impressive that UoL got 2 kills off of top so fast.

EDIT: Elements lost their game the moment they lost map control and allowed top/jungle to build defensively...that Maokai/Sion combo just neeeeeded both carries to go down and Wickd at top just didn't hold up with Lulu. It was still a good game in terms of independent skill (well-timed shields and crazy cs) but Elements really lacked teamwork in this one.

FNC vs MYM: classic game, not really much to say on this one.

H2K vs CW: examplary game by H2K, good teamwork from wolves but they just couldn't respond fast enough to all the counter-moves from H2K.

GMB vs GIA: not as much of a steamroll as the game above but still, Cabochard's double kill on top and dat baron bait sealed the game, despite Pepii's ridiculous dragon steal (which granted his team ~5 minutes of survival). Ed's binding on TP looked awesome.

All in all, it was a good day's worth of matches, Kalista looks very user-friendly but I'm surprised that people prefer AS to AD just to stack rends - Pepii's Ereal was devastating with Manamune and gauntlet, especially during the time he had red buff; his targets just couldn't escape...provided he could target them in the first place. Still, he farmed very well and his team stood their ground as well as they could, so gg to that.

I think it's time to experiment with Morgana top, it's even better than Lissandra in theory.

Last edited by Kafriel; 2015-03-06 at 17:30.

Tags
league of legends, lol