Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-12-16, 11:36   Link #1
xris
Just call me Ojisan

One Piece - Chapter 526 [Manga]

Welcome to the weekly manga discussion thread for One Piece.

Thread Guidelines
  • One Piece is licensed by Viz, please don't ask for or mention where to find or download the manga.
  • Please do not discuss scanlations, translation groups, etc., etc.
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Discuss your expectations of the chapter if it has not been published yet.
  • Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome).
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
  • Spoilers will not be policed in this thread, so if you haven't read the chapter yet, just stay out if you don't want to read spoilers.
Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This includes images, scripts and direct translations of the manga. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK (only if you need to illustrate your point) but this is it.
Old 2008-12-16, 11:48   Link #2
OtseisRagnarok
Manifesto
*Author

Send a message via AIM to OtseisRagnarok
This week's chapter's going to be in color, right?
Or, rather a color spread... How much of it will be colorized?
Old 2008-12-16, 15:08   Link #3
Rinji
Mew...
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Rinji
That's just the cover of it, Oda sometimes adds a large piece of art with the Strawhats (or some other characters) in it.
Old 2008-12-16, 18:00   Link #4
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
Any spoilers yet?!?!?! 1 week without One Piece. The horror!!!
Old 2008-12-16, 18:39   Link #5
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freya View Post
Any spoilers yet?!?!?! 1 week without One Piece. The horror!!!
The only spoiler so far is presumed fake (since it came from unrelieable sources) and concerns two strong Impell Down guards (both Logia users) searching Hancock. Additionally, Whitebeard is supposed to be making his way to the Red Line.

Not that this matters since the spoiler is probably fake .
Old 2008-12-16, 18:43   Link #6
Cinocard

It sounds much fake. I mean, it's too fast for Hancock to be hunt down already. I don't doubt Luffy will pass the gate without anyone notice. This isn't Enies Lobby, he will die in an open place with bunch of enemy like that.

Can't wait Hancock in color
Old 2008-12-16, 18:51   Link #7
Freya

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
The only spoiler so far is presumed fake (since it came from unrelieable sources) and concerns two strong Impell Down guards (both Logia users) searching Hancock. Additionally, Whitebeard is supposed to be making his way to the Red Line.

Not that this matters since the spoiler is probably fake .
Lol you never know. Searching as in searching for her because she's now a fugitive or just searching her to make sure she's not pulling anything.

How is the Red Line Grand Line thing divided? I never understood it. I know Calm belt surrounds Grand Line. And Red Line is in the middle of grand line?
Old 2008-12-16, 20:34   Link #8
james0246

Quote:
Lol you never know. Searching as in searching for her because she's now a fugitive or just searching her to make sure she's not pulling anything.

How is the Red Line Grand Line thing divided? I never understood it. I know Calm belt surrounds Grand Line. And Red Line is in the middle of grand line?
I think the search in a cavity search .

The Grand Line and the Red Line form an X or cross shape around the world, with, I think, the Grand Line forming the equator.
Old 2008-12-16, 20:50   Link #9
Freya

Quote:
I think the search in a cavity search .

The Grand Line and the Red Line form an X or cross shape around the world, with, I think, the Grand Line forming the equator.
And with the four seas or whatever surrounding it right? Couldn't you just make some awesome ship with some seastone or whatever and just jump to the last island? You win!
Old 2008-12-16, 21:17   Link #10
marvelB

Yeah, that earlier spoiler was confirmed to be fake. Besides, having two guards who are Logia users would just be plain overkill for Luffy, even if he IS partnered with a Shichibukai!

I am expecting there to be some powerful guards, though (just not that powerful, that's all). Maybe we'll learn the identity of the minotaur guy this chapter, as well as the vice-warden (and whether or not he works directly under Akainu). The long-overdue reappearance of Buggy would be welcome, as well.
Old 2008-12-16, 21:54   Link #11
Freya

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Yeah, that earlier spoiler was confirmed to be fake. Besides, having two guards who are Logia users would just be plain overkill for Luffy, even if he IS partnered with a Shichibukai!

I am expecting there to be some powerful guards, though (just not that powerful, that's all). Maybe we'll learn the identity of the minotaur guy this chapter, as well as the vice-warden (and whether or not he works directly under Akainu). The long-overdue reappearance of Buggy would be welcome, as well.
Imagine the minotaur guy as a easy going guy with a sense of humor who just enjoys his job.
Old 2008-12-16, 22:33   Link #12
Bari_Phillis
It's a.... BEAM!

cant wait.

im gonna guess that this is the chapter that luffy escapes hancock's dress in.
Old 2008-12-16, 23:03   Link #13
DesuX2

Bets the minotaur is actually a devil fruit user/genetically modified human desu.
Old 2008-12-16, 23:14   Link #14
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesuX2 View Post
Bets the minotaur is actually a devil fruit user/genetically modified human desu.
Why can't the Minotaur just be the offspring of the union between a bull and a woman...

Old 2008-12-16, 23:36   Link #15
Rageaholic01
Kaizoku

Quote:
And with the four seas or whatever surrounding it right? Couldn't you just make some awesome ship with some seastone or whatever and just jump to the last island? You win!
That's what i always wondered lol.
Old 2008-12-17, 00:18   Link #16
Cinocard

I also question that too. With all those freaking monster at the top, it wouldn't be too much of a work to cross red line and go from the opposite direction to the final island.

Also Enel has a flying ship
Old 2008-12-17, 00:32   Link #17
seiji_kun

Quote:
Why can't the Minotaur just be the offspring of the union between a bull and a woman...

Why could I imagine this when the foxy crew had a half giant half merman. Though I guess it could be a cow and a man to.

And damn, spoilers are taking so long. Especially since there was a one week hiatus. I'm also expecting Buggy, after mentioning and a one week break I need to see our big red nose fool. It would also be pleasant to know the details of his escape.

Edit: And I had a feeling I wouldn't see Boa in color, colorspread reminded me of Toradora. Tiger vs dragon.

We meet an egyptian guard then Luffy and Boa split ways (damn now I'm dissapointed as hell) and Luffy meets up with Buggy. Can't wait till I see a scrypt. .

Last edited by seiji_kun; 2008-12-17 at 02:49.
Old 2008-12-17, 03:30   Link #18
chitgoks

haha this is hilarious! luffy and buggy were destined to meet again
Old 2008-12-17, 04:53   Link #19
Prestige

One picture can sometime tell more than 1000 words...

http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t...poilers/13.jpg

Flashiest chapter forever!
Old 2008-12-17, 06:00   Link #20
seiji_kun

saw the scrypt and Luffy is priceless, he promises Hancock not to go on a rampage but a few moments later he's already part of a ruckus due to our big red nosed friend. I was expecting a Buggy - Luffy alliance from the start when Buggy got mentioned though the biggest obstacle I saw for that was Boa but Oda took care of that bye having Luffy and her split up.

Quote:
Buggy: No fool would come into a prison willingly!! Oh wait, don't tell me..... you heard about my capture and... you came to... save......

Buggy: That's what I hate about you and the redhair.... always optimistic, in a bad way.
Buggy's two best lines. I would say best lines in the whole chap but best scene/line for me goes to Hancock who misunderstood Luffy's whispering for I love you. I'm looking so forward to see the further interaction between these two. I can't wait to see Buggy's reaction when Luffy tells him that he came to save Ace & that he is his brother and Luffy's reaction when Buggy will offer him a hand when he says Ace is his drinking buddy.