AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2012-11-20, 19:56   Link #2361
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
What about Kyrie?
Old 2012-11-20, 20:05   Link #2362
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Nanya01
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhl88 View Post
What about Kyrie?
Hard to say... Amitie and Kyrie's cannon attack does break through various attacks, but i can't tell if it would stop Zafira's rider kick.

Despite the fact that it's a charging kick, Zafira's kick DOES go through weaker attacks like they aren't there.

Only problem with the Florian Sisters is that they're very... Slow to adjust to movements.

My fics Due to certain things, I am not here, find me over on TFF.
Nanya01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-20, 21:09   Link #2363
Lhklan
The Unpronounceable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunder the Gold View Post
Bravo.

Though Chrono, Erio and Touma would disagree, as they point and laugh at the poor ferret.
Yuuno is the ORIGINAL pillar of het.
Lhklan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-20, 21:46   Link #2364
Sunder the Gold

I meant that Chrono, Erio and Touma actually GOT girls. Chrono even married and had kids, while there's no contest about whom Caro and Lily will end up with.
Sunder the Gold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-20, 21:55   Link #2365
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunder the Gold View Post
I meant that Chrono, Erio and Touma actually GOT girls. Chrono even married and had kids, while there's no contest about whom Caro and Lily will end up with.
Yeah, Lutecia and Fifth, amirite? :k
Old 2012-11-20, 22:08   Link #2366
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Send a message via AIM to 00-Raiser
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanya01 View Post
Hard to say... Amitie and Kyrie's cannon attack does break through various attacks, but i can't tell if it would stop Zafira's rider kick.

Despite the fact that it's a charging kick, Zafira's kick DOES go through weaker attacks like they aren't there.

Only problem with the Florian Sisters is that they're very... Slow to adjust to movements.
Actually almost anything stops Zafira in my experience.

Amitie and Kyrie's bind + warp is pretty broken.
Old 2012-11-20, 22:11   Link #2367
Lhklan
The Unpronounceable

Side question: Just how many alternate costumes (sans DLC) are there?
Lhklan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-20, 22:43   Link #2368
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Yeah, Lutecia and Fifth, amirite? :k
And Touma has Lily and Isis. Yuuno is forever alone, unless he gets Vita, Signum, Nanoha, Fate, Hayate, Kyrie, Amitie, the Materials, Amitie, Kyrie.... (outside fanficdom)
Old 2012-11-21, 02:27   Link #2369
montrade

Layer Life bars

I wish have Nanoha PSP fighting games with a Layer Life bars.
montrade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-21, 03:11   Link #2370
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00-Raiser View Post
Actually almost anything stops Zafira in my experience.

Amitie and Kyrie's bind + warp is pretty broken.
The bind has to connect, and it misses more often than not.

It's not like Reinforce's, Levi's or Precia's circle ranged attacks, THOSE are the broken ones.

Old 2012-12-16, 19:51   Link #2371
Yasanagi
A Drifter...
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Yasanagi
Threw up several of my GoD replays.

Thanks to 00-Raiser for hooking me up with the sig!
Yasanagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-17, 09:43   Link #2372
montrade

further reasons

is that a reason is only way to fight quickly,

i wish have a infinite time limit for all modes including practice mode and in practice mode, it never KOs or sometimes round infinitive.
montrade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-22, 18:27   Link #2373
Yasanagi
A Drifter...
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Yasanagi
Posted up my Combo FAQ.

Thanks to 00-Raiser for hooking me up with the sig!
Yasanagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-23, 03:12   Link #2374
krisslanza
Sleep beneath the flowers

How in the heck do you beat Nanoha in Sequence 6? I somehow managed to beat Vita once, but when I retried it yesterday during lunch, she stomped me. Tried Nanoha and she stomped me for like 20 minutes straight.

Just tears Chrono apart, and seems to always know exactly when I'm going to attack for a counter, then just BAM Divine Buster combo. Painful. Also, is she using BLASTER?
Old 2013-01-23, 10:14   Link #2375
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by krisslanza View Post
How in the heck do you beat Nanoha in Sequence 6? I somehow managed to beat Vita once, but when I retried it yesterday during lunch, she stomped me. Tried Nanoha and she stomped me for like 20 minutes straight.

Just tears Chrono apart, and seems to always know exactly when I'm going to attack for a counter, then just BAM Divine Buster combo. Painful. Also, is she using BLASTER?
No, she's not using Blaster, she gets access to Hyperion Smasher tho.

And, yes, that's the single hardest fight in the game. You go up against one of the best characters at dealing damage with the worst character at dealing damage.

Best thing to do is give up.

And I was kidding.

Anyway, best thing you can do is stay just outside of melee range and use the basic square attack, then get IN to melee range and attack, if she tries to counter, she'll get hit by the "Jinta" attacks and you can get some free hits in that way.

Edit: Okay, I just did the fight again to see if I could win.

The trick is to be patient against her. She's going to attack in melee almost all the time, my first move is to always open with a counter-stance. I know it's hard, but Chrono DOES have slightly better range than Nanoha does in melee.

Anyway, when you're blasted to long range (it's going to happen), use Jinta and then move TOWARDS her. Dodge slightly to the side if you think she's going to divine buster you, but keep using Jinta and moving towards her. If you get her blocking, that's good, because you can eventually get her to block everything (which drains her mana bar) that you do as you get closer to her.

And, again, you have to be patient and hit counter when she makes a move. I know it takes time, but if you can get the timing down (and trust me, it's VERY helpful to know that the first thing the AI does is move forward and attack you), you should be able to pull ahead.

If she goes FDB and hit you, don't be afraid to use your own FDB to knock her back, just hit it again quickly enough to hit her before she gets away and out of range.

Last edited by Nanya01; 2013-01-23 at 10:26. Reason: Giving tips
Old 2013-01-23, 10:49   Link #2376
krisslanza

Thanks for the tips, I'll see about trying again. I have no idea how I beat Vita in this sequence instead either, because she stomped me so bad when I tried it again.

And I thought U-D was hard in Final Sequence... (as anyone except Einhart, who completely makes her a cake walk).

Hyperion Smasher, huh? I was just listening to the game a bit and I swear it sounds like Chrono called it "Blaster", and I think if you use SLB during U-D's final fight, Nanoha says "Blast shoot".
Old 2013-01-23, 11:02   Link #2377
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Actually, U-D is only hard in the first round, I have no problem with her in the 2nd round.

heck, other than Chrono and Shamal, most of the characters can K.O. U-D fairly easily. Granted, I have trouble with Kyrie K.O.ing U-D (or even winning at times).

Einhart - Counter stance
Signum - spam her sword fire attack.
Vita - spam swallow flier
Zafira - counter stance and charged Square (just get close without going full on melee range and you'll hit)
Shamal - wind walls are your friend
Chrono - Jinta, that's all you really got against her.
Kyrie - Triangle attacks and if she's moving towards you, charged square

Round 2?

Vivio - play her like you play Einhart and you should be okay. At long range, use charged triangles, then, after you hit, move forward and press grab to do a Divine Buster.
Nanoha - Divine Buster all day, every day.
Hayate - Charge Triangle and Circle attacks at range, when you get her once, just do a FDB to win.
Touma - same as Hayate, but mix in some square at range. And, yes, the FDB does KO her in one shot.
Amitie - if you beat her with Kyrie, just mix it up, she's got no weaknesses here, and a single FDB after taking her to 0 once will take her out.
Dearche - a bit harder, but stick with her charged circle attacks at range, try to hit U-D with the FDB after taking her out once, you'll drop her to like .00001 HP left. Do it again for massive overkill.
Fate - Hard to say, she's the least impressive, over-all of the characters that fight U-D in the final stage. Best thing to do is mix up between long and close range.

As a bonus, I'll throw in Levi and Stern from the previous stage

Stern - Blast Fire and Charged Pyro Shooter until her shield breaks, then beat on her some more.
Levi - two modes, normal and Sprite. (I could go for a Sprite right now), anyway, charged square is your friend (plus Levi goes "FUCK!" all the time when you do that. Okay, she's yelling "Spark", but it sounds like "Fuck", so leave it at that). If you think you know U-D well enough, go Sprite form, use her charged square and triangle attacks to MURDER that Mana bar. Then when the armor breaks, use charged circle attacks to take her out quickly.

Old 2013-01-23, 12:08   Link #2378
krisslanza

I've actually beaten U-D with everyone except Chrono and Shamal. I only had to timeout win with Tohma, because... I didn't want to get killed. And his attacks are as slow as U-D's. Can KO her with just about anyone else.

It got easier once I realized the easiest way to beat her first form, is just play cheesy due to her super armor.
Old 2013-01-23, 13:11   Link #2379
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

I went and replayed the final fight against U-D today...

Managed to get a K.O with the following...

Zafira
Einhart
Vita
Signum
Shamal
Nanoha
Hayate
Touma
Dearche (less than 2 seconds left)
Amitie (first beat with Kyrie tho)

To time was with...
Chrono
Kyrie
Vivio
Fate (shockingly enough, I only managed to get her HP to 0, but then time ran out, but since Fate had full HP, she was given the win.)

still a bit upset that we couldn't have the twins in the first fight and Yuuno in the second round.

Old 2013-01-23, 20:05   Link #2380
Sunder the Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yasanagi View Post
I appreciate the insights.

When you say "defense", do you mean a character's passive toughness against attacks that hit?

And on that note, how would you expect a match between a skilled Shamal player and a fair Yuuno player to go? When Shamal fought the Dark Piece Yuuno, I think she basically wore herself out wearing him down until he disappeared? Does that seem accurate?

Yuuno sure seems to have a lot of effective combos, and more than a few characters have very few. What's up with that? Is it a sign that the designers spent more thought on certain characters than others?

Finally:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meltyred View Post
I dunno if it's just me, but I found shamal to have very interesting moves, since her mini tornadoes are affected by all her other wind moves, and can have many uses...
Like use the cyclone shield to send the mini tornadoes to the enemy, and teleport to close range and watch how they enemy suffers either way if they try to combo you or block. (Since you can just grab them if they block)
Was Meltyred mistaken about how effective this was?
Sunder the Gold is offline   Reply With Quote