AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2004-07-14, 21:20   Link #1
Fool On The Hill

Why the sealing of Kyuubi in Naruto doesn't make sense at this point.

(I searched) Sorry for bringing this up because it seems kind of un-answerable, but I wanted to see what other people though.

The 3rd said that when using the Death God sealing technique (sorry, dont want to look up the name), the soul is sealed within the user of the technique. If Yondaime used it on Kyuubi...how is it sealed in Naruto? I can come to my own conclusions, but again - want to see what you think.
Fool On The Hill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-14, 21:31   Link #2
Genei Killua
Mashou no Tenshi

Send a message via AIM to Genei Killua
Obvs Naruto is an incarnation of the Death God, as that's where the Kyuubi would be locked with the 4th's jutsu. As the series furthers, we'll see Naruto learning that he also has the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th Hokages sealed inside of him, along with the arms of a Michael-Jackson-wannabe perv.

I mean, everything is pointing to this theory. He has the kyuubi's power at this point, and the 4th's looks and even two of his jutsus by now. After getting the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd locked inside him--he'll soon acquire some of their traits.

Spoiler:

God help us when he starts getting a little too touchy feely around Sasuke.

Genei Killua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-14, 21:31   Link #3
Narutto Kyuubi

Cool

That is a mystery. It goes back to naruto's Dad type topics. Either

1. Since Yondaime created the death god jutsu he was able to alter it so naruto would end up haveing kyubi inside of him.

or

2. Since kyubi is a very poewrfull demon with unknown powers. The 4th was unable to know that kyubi wouldn't die but instead got reincarnated along with the 4th(in infant state) but remained sealed in the infants body.

The first is more probable, to me at least.
Narutto Kyuubi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-14, 21:33   Link #4
Xarrais
Hinata *drool*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fool On The Hill
(I searched) Sorry for bringing this up because it seems kind of un-answerable, but I wanted to see what other people though.

The 3rd said that when using the Death God sealing technique (sorry, dont want to look up the name), the soul is sealed within the user of the technique. If Yondaime used it on Kyuubi...how is it sealed in Naruto? I can come to my own conclusions, but again - want to see what you think.

Seen similar things discused before can't really be sure whay happened I think itis suppose to be a mystery that will be revealed over time.

Theories :

Kyuubi was to strong to be devoured by the death god so he had to use a varation to seal it into a human. Basically Kyuubi = immortal so it can be in the world of the dead.

Kyuubii = Immortal He sealed kyuubi inside himself but again death god couldn;t handly a combined power of that size. This line of reasoning 4th = Naruto. Or you could think of it as the 4th died but was reincarnated at the instant of his death with kyuubi still sealled to his soul.
Xarrais is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-14, 21:35   Link #5
Technovia_EX
o[-_-]o

Yeah, I think Naruto is the reincarnation of the fourth too, because it's suppose to kill the user if used on a normal person. The kyuubi is not normal. So how was Naruto created? From another person and the kyuubi was implanted in him? I don't think so. So it makes sense that the fourth was reborn with the kyuubi.
Technovia_EX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-14, 21:50   Link #6
Fool On The Hill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narutto Kyuubi
That is a mystery. It goes back to naruto's Dad type topics. Either

1. Since Yondaime created the death god jutsu he was able to alter it so naruto would end up haveing kyubi inside of him.
I thought about that...but it just didnt add up somehow. The 4th didn't have a baby in his arms or anything when fighting the Kyuubi...and its unlikely that he rushed to the hospital with Kyuubi's soul in his pocket...but who knows.
Old 2004-07-14, 22:46   Link #7
VMLM3
I had a good idea once...

Gamma Bunta is carrying a baby in his mouth in the first episode, look real close and you'll see it
VMLM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-14, 23:07   Link #8
Fool On The Hill

Quote:
Originally Posted by VMLM3
Gamma Bunta is carrying a baby in his mouth in the first episode, look real close and you'll see it
By episode, I'm assuming you mean the anime, not the manga....I dont see the baby
Old 2004-07-14, 23:09   Link #9
VMLM3
I had a good idea once...

.... You actually looked?
VMLM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-14, 23:10   Link #10
Fool On The Hill

Quote:
.... You actually looked?
Because that scenario would be crazy
Old 2004-07-14, 23:13   Link #11
indo

Quote:

no he's not i watched closely hell i even enlarged the screen so much that i only saw gamabunta's mouth.

damn you for fooling me

i curse you to be abused by 100 nymphomaniac woman
indo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-14, 23:15   Link #12
Fool On The Hill

Quote:
Originally Posted by indo

i curse you to be abused by 100 nymphomaniac woman
*begins to furiously ponder on whether or not that's bad*
Old 2004-07-14, 23:18   Link #13
Macbrother
The mac

Send a message via AIM to Macbrother
lol VML.

I think a logical conclusion is that Yondaime, having created Shiki Fuujin, knows alot more about how it can be sealed and whatnot, and can therefore do variations on it. It's possible he saw Naruto was orphaned by Kyuubi (his parents killed in the battle) and chose him as a vessel so that one day, with Kyuubi's power, he could protect the village.

That's of course...one theory. There are many other possible ones.
Macbrother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-14, 23:20   Link #14
Avi
HeNta| ArmY WinG-Comman.

Send a message via MSN to Avi Send a message via Yahoo to Avi
I think we'll find out how Kyubi ended up in Naruto, later on In the series.. maybe towards the end... maybe has something to do with Atasuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fool On The Hill
*begins to furiously ponder on whether or not that's bad*
LOL
Avi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-14, 23:23   Link #15
Forsaken102
Insanity Goddess

Send a message via AIM to Forsaken102 Send a message via Yahoo to Forsaken102
Uhhh....

For the fourth to be reincarnated, he has to be dead first, right?

Then I don't know if now would be the ideal time to point out that Naruto was alive and kicking (and screaming, and crying) before the 4th died (he sealed the Kyuubi in an infant child, not an unborn child!), therefore busting that bubble.

Unless, of course, we're going by the idea that a child doesn't have a soul until it's named, or until it reaches a certain age? 'Course, I don't think that belief was held up in Japan, where this anime was thought up, but who knows. (*shrugs*)
Forsaken102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-14, 23:30   Link #16
Fool On The Hill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forsaken102
Uhhh....

For the fourth to be reincarnated, he has to be dead first, right?

Then I don't know if now would be the ideal time to point out that Naruto was alive and kicking (and screaming, and crying) before the 4th died (he sealed the Kyuubi in an infant child, not an unborn child!), therefore busting that bubble.

Unless, of course, we're going by the idea that a child doesn't have a soul until it's named, or until it reaches a certain age? 'Course, I don't think that belief was held up in Japan, where this anime was thought up, but who knows. (*shrugs*)
Your username and avatar dont have anything to do with The Wheel of Time do they?
Old 2004-07-14, 23:44   Link #17
Dauthi
Searching for the Cure

Heres my theory on Naruto being the 4th reincarnated from a different topic

Quote:
Well IMO Naruto is the 4th. When Sarutobi did the seal the mark went on his stomach, this is why Naruto has it on his stomach as well.

Sure he could have done it on some random baby, but #1 where did he get a baby? #2 why seal it in a baby when you could seal it in yourself then die, ridding EVERYONE of the demon , instead of worrying about it being released again.

My belief is sealing the demon in himself and dieing was his intentions, but something went wrong, reverting him to a baby state. When people found him they assumed it was sealed in a baby by the fourth, and the fourth was nowhere to be found.

Whether it be the Demons healing power that reverted him to a child form, or it being a jutsu backfire, or even an attempt by the fox to keep himself in this world, i think this is the best theory ^^.

I kinda dislike the popular "4th is narutos dad" theory, its just too easy and uncreative. Even my 10 year old brother after watching naruto came up with that theory. Just way too easy and predictable, so i doubt the author will take it that way.

Theres also loopholes like the fact that Naruto should get more respect if he was the son of the fourth, or would be referred to as his son at some point in his 13 years of being alive. Realistically the only way the theory could be true is if nobody knew about the 4th having a son, or even having a wife/GF, because they would kinda notice her being pregnant.
Also another theory on why he changed into the child i thought up was that the kyuubi simlpy cannot die, therefor negated the attack (this jutsu is supposed to kill both people). So the question is what happens when one of them simply cannot die? ^^
Dauthi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-15, 00:06   Link #18
Forsaken102
Insanity Goddess

FotH: Heh; I didn't even think about the similarities there, but you've got a pretty good point, there. So which one would it have been? The Spider, perhaps, or the one that fell in love with Rand? (only 2 I can think of off the top of my head... it's been a while since I read that!)

Dauthi: I apologize to the mods, here, because I don't mean to rehash the same topic over and over again, just in a different thread...

but Sarutobi told Iruka in like, the first or second episode (if I remember right) that the 4th meant for Naruto to be respected and revered as the hero of the village, not some monster child. So it had to have been planned, as I would assume that the 4th had told Sarutobi these things, or at least implied them directly... therefore, the something went wrong theory is gone in my opinion.

Secondly, f I'm reading the series correctly, by reference of all these "strange Chakra" things going on, one's Chakra is like one's DNA- each person's is unique. And, since Gamabunta had seen enough of both Naruto's and the 4th's Chakra, I would assume if they're the same person (reincarnated, or reborn), their Chakra would be the same, and Gamabunta would have recognized it. (working on the theory that Chakra is a form of strength from the soul!)

When the 3rd sealed Orochimaru's arms, my guess is that it is easier to seal the soul into one's own body, but not necessary. (*shrugs*) But, again, just general hypothesizing. No absolutes, especially not in an imaginary world.
Old 2004-07-15, 01:21   Link #19
Fool On The Hill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forsaken102
FotH: Heh; I didn't even think about the similarities there, but you've got a pretty good point, there. So which one would it have been? The Spider, perhaps, or the one that fell in love with Rand? (only 2 I can think of off the top of my head... it's been a while since I read that!)
Yeah those would be the only ones that suit the picture, or maybe Mesanna because the other two had black hair I think.....

Anyway, I love the series, but it seems I'm on a hiatus from it; I've only read up to book 5. Is it worth finishing? I'm kinda too lazy to do that, and Jordan is still writing them...
Old 2004-07-15, 01:35   Link #20
Forsaken102
Insanity Goddess

I know. I stopped reading at Path of Daggers (don't know which number- been too long!)

Ah, well.

Another series that is even better (IMO) is Sword of Truth by Terry Goodkind. It's a bit more... philosophical, and it doesn't slow down after the second book. In fact, my favorite is Book #6- Faith of the Fallen.

Last edited by Forsaken102; 2004-07-15 at 01:53.